• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
So, do you guys think Dante from Devil May Cry is likely as a next fighter or do you find him unlikely?
I don't think any Capcom rep is coming next. But I do believe we will get one at some point down the line this year with Dante and Phoenix Wright being the prime contenders.

Last edited:

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Fatmanonice Fatmanonice have you heard any of your contects mention anything about the Smithy Mii costume? I know I already asked this question yesterday but you didn't respond.
I talked to the guy directly about this in early December. It's supposed to be two separate Mii costumes. It was a typo. No clue what type. Supposedly my contact just got a list of names in July with no real context and was told to basically "look out for them." His knee jerk assumption were that they were Mii costumes based on the returning Smash 4 costumes and sure enough...

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
I talked to the guy directly about this in early December. It's supposed to be two separate Mii costumes. It was a typo. No clue what type. Supposedly my contact just got a list of names in July with no real context and was told to basically "look out for them." His knee jerk assumption were that they were Mii costumes based on the returning Smash 4 costumes and sure enough...
So Protoman and Zero were on that list?

Antho

Smash Apprentice
So, do you guys think Dante from Devil May Cry is likely as a next fighter or do you find him unlikely?
I don’t see Dante happening for a while. Possibly E3, or even longer. The only reason there’s a DMC update on Wednesday is for DMC3 Switch.

MattX20

Smash Hero
With RE basically out due to the recent spirit event, Dante does have a decent chance if Capcom gets an additional rep beyond Ryu, Ken, and MegaMan. I'm still in the camp that Professor Layton has a shot, even post Fighter Pass as Level 5 is far too significant of a company to ignore going forward and that Bandai Namco are all but guaranteed a second rep. Personally, I'm thinking Geno will be a bonus fighter like Piranha Plant due to the fact that he's a Mario rep and not associated with Square's main IPs like Final Fantasy or Dragon Quest.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
With RE basically out due to the recent spirit event, Dante does have a decent chance if Capcom gets an additional rep beyond Ryu, Ken, and MegaMan. I'm still in the camp that Professor Layton has a shot, even post Fighter Pass as Level 5 is far too significant of a company to ignore going forward and that Bandai Namco are all but guaranteed a second rep. Personally, I'm thinking Geno will be a bonus fighter like Piranha Plant due to the fact that he's a Mario rep and not associated with Square's main IPs like Final Fantasy or Dragon Quest.
I still think we can live in a world where both Layton and Phoenix both get in. As well as both Geno and Sora getting in.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
So Protoman and Zero were on that list?
Yes. The only Banjo costume missing was Sans. They claim that was done on purpose because the Undertale music was accidentally leaked in I believe May and that getting out caused a ton of problems and ultimately why Paragon got the C&D despite making a wrong guess about the nature of it. Like I said, that's their claim anyways. I can't verify this but, as we all saw, all the other Banjo costumes wound up being true. There's no way for me to prove they purposely withheld Sans but their supposed reason makes sense if they are being honest about it. Weird thing to lie or exaggerate about but you never know.

MattX20

Smash Hero
I still think we can live in a world where both Layton and Phoenix both get in. As well as both Geno and Sora getting in.
I never said Phoenix was impossible, I just said Dante has a decent shot, especially given how well Devil May Cry 5 did with critics and audiences.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
I never said Phoenix was impossible, I just said Dante has a decent shot, especially given how well Devil May Cry 5 did with critics and audiences.
I know it's just that because of both characters being from the same genre and them both doing a crossover with each over at one point, some people believe only one of them can get in which, I find that logical as nonsense.

Lord Woomy

Smash Ace
I don't understand why you guys go through all this trouble when it comes to theorycrafting and talking to reputable sources. I always use the best source of information for my speculation: the comment section of a LaxChris video!

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Laxchris says my name right now so my ire has decreased significantly. Maybe I'm just old but I don't really get the Smash speculators who have Patreon. There's not really a lot of work in finding rumors. They're everywhere but there's definitely work in narrowing down which are actually credible. I think Laxchris and Blockedcontent would be more interesting if there was fact checking, cross checking, and research when it came to their rumors. That's one thing I actually like about having access to insider stuff because you can do your homework so you can look at stuff and be like "hmm, that might have something true in it" or "wow, that's total bull**** and gave me indigestion to read..." The development process is genuinely fascinating and I think it would create better content if this aspect was focused on more.

D

Deleted member

Laxchris says my name right now so my ire has decreased significantly. Maybe I'm just old but I don't really get the Smash speculators who have Patreon. There's not really a lot of work in finding rumors. They're everywhere but there's definitely work in narrowing down which are actually credible. I think Laxchris and Blockedcontent would be more interesting if there was fact checking, cross checking, and research when it came to their rumors. That's one thing I actually like about having access to insider stuff because you can do your homework so you can look at stuff and be like "hmm, that might have something true in it" or "wow, that's total bull**** and gave me indigestion to read..." The development process is genuinely fascinating and I think it would create better content if this aspect was focused on more.
Some of these guys are just to lazy to get real jobs. I blame their core audiences for eating their **** up.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
With LaxChris and Blocked Content, it's all about the Youtube money with the ads and clickbait thumbnails in all of their videos. I kind of get the sense they know they're not credible and are not really fact checking, but are just making these videos to make money anyways. Blocked Content was better off when he was making those Codex videos and I wish he would go back to them. He could even do codex videos for characters that will likely never get in and I would be fine with that.

Lord Woomy

Smash Ace
Blocked Content was better off when he was making those Codex videos and I wish he would go back to them. He could even do codex videos for characters that will likely never get in and I would be fine with that.
I remember Blocked Content once had this long saga on "The Smiley Leaker" who was just this random poster on 4chan who would post a smiley face along with his """leaks""". Issue was, there was obviously no way to verify if this was the same dude making these posts and even less likely that the original one was actually a leaker at all. It was just so painful to watch.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
I remember Blocked Content once had this long saga on "The Smiley Leaker" who was just this random poster on 4chan who would post a smiley face along with his """leaks""". Issue was, there was obviously no way to verify if this was the same dude making these posts and even less likely that the original one was actually a leaker at all. It was just so painful to watch.
That's why I don't watch his channel anymore. I wish he would just go back to making the Codexs.

Last edited:

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Some of these guys are just to lazy to get real jobs. I blame their core audiences for eating their **** up.
It bugs me because Papagenos is a friend of theirs and he has insider friends. It would be incredibly easy to fact check and cross reference **** but they don't which is why every other video is something random off 4chan. I guess I'm salty because it's created an environment where people are genuinely hostile to literally any rumors so a lot of people aren't just "huh, I disagree with this in a sensible manner and will use the utmost emotional regulation to express my disagreement" instead of "Fatman's still alive? That's a shame. Better message him letting him know how much this disappoints me."

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Yeah, sorry. I just thought I'd ask since Dante was mentioned earlier.

Not to mention I was worried how it would affect Fatmanonice Fatmanonice 's views on who may be next, as well as how this could thus affect Geno's chances, if anything. I just forgot to add that.

D

Deleted member

Hard to say for now I'm going to assume no. But there's a lot going in his direction to where's it's just not coincidence at this point. I hope it means something definetly want him in. Really like his character and am rooting for him.

Icewolff92

Smash Champion
-Not all NDAs are the same. We have no idea what the conditions are or if they're that strict. Also, talking about Smash to Nintendo is worlds different than outright confirming Smash content. Again, we have no idea how strict a hypothetical NDA would be because that's probably on a legal NTKB.
You do know that you are basically implying that Nintendo would give Bethesda special treatment, concidering the SNK producer had to walk around the question of Smash Brothers, yet Bethesda can confirm that they are talking about it right upfront.

Last edited:

OffBi

Smash Ace
So did you all see that Nintendo released some info for Fe encore? It would seem that it's releasing on the 17th of January, which means a direct very very soon.

D

Deleted member

I hate to admit this but I've been enjoying Blocked Content's stuff he's not all bad and his channel is pretty fun. But he and LaxChris are just doing on this speculation for the views. Probably just all it is you're spot on in that they just want to get the quickest video up as possible. Without any research.

Spatulo

Smash Lord
NNID
Spatulo
Switch FC
SW 6433 1491 0045
I hate to say it, but I’m starting to think the direct may be next week. When was the last time Nintendo had a direct the week a game was coming out?

D

Deleted member

I'm going to assume February at this point. I think it could still happen but it looks like their waiting till then.

I can wait so it's fine.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Do I believe Dante affects Geno's chances? No. Why? Because we have a very interesting timeline established in characters that have been relevant in insider circles. Geno, Ryu, Dan Backslide, and Lloyd all entered the conversation in 2018. In 2019, Crash, Dante, Sol Badguy, and arguably Masterchief became big topics next. Again, it makes me hard scratch my... Chin and heavily consider the timeline theories we've established. It really makes me wonder. Let's pull Geno out for sec...

My theory is that Geno was one of the first DLC characters decided past the Fighter's Pass. I have a feeling that Sakurai had a list of characters that he was super interested in adding and he just carried that over. Fighter's Pass is finalized in November 2018. Season 2 very well could have been on his mind already. Move forward from there. A whole bunch of weird Geno stuff happens in June/July 2019. This makes me wonder if this was when he started development. Six months later, we're in January. We've established that characters seem to be ready to "present" as early as four months out. April is four months from now. Supposedly two characters went into the "polish stage" in mid to late December. A trailer could hypothetically already be ready for Geno just like Joker had one at the VGAs. My theory is that Weird Al Yankovic will be ready sometime in February. Add two months and we're at April, falling in line with the typical release schedule of DLC characters since 2015.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Do I believe Dante affects Geno's chances? No. Why? Because we have a very interesting timeline established in characters that have been relevant in insider circles. Geno, Ryu, Dan Backslide, and Lloyd all entered the conversation in 2018. In 2019, Crash, Ryu, Sol Badguy, and arguably Masterchief became big topics next. Again, it makes me hard scratch my... Chin and heavily consider the timeline theories we've established. It really makes me wonder. Let's pull Geno out for sec...

My theory is that Geno was one of the first DLC characters decided past the Fighter's Pass. I have a feeling that Sakurai had a list of characters that he was super interested in adding and he just carried that over. Fighter's Pass is finalized in November 2018. Season 2 very well could have been on his mind already. Move forward from there. A whole bunch of weird Geno stuff happens in June/July 2019. This makes me wonder if this was when he started development. Six months later, we're in January. We've established that characters seem to be ready to "present" as early as four months out. April is four months from now. Supposedly two characters went into the "polish stage" in mid to late December. A trailer could hypothetically already be ready for Geno just like Joker had one at the VGAs. My theory is that Weird Al Yankovic will be ready sometime in February. Add two months and we're at April, falling in line with the typical release schedule of DLC characters since 2015.
Of course I don't think Dante hurts Geno's chances at all. There definetly still good no matter what's rumored or such.

Last edited by a moderator:

Sigran101

Smash Master
NNID
Sigran101
I hate to say it, but I’m starting to think the direct may be next week. When was the last time Nintendo had a direct the week a game was coming out?
But there's clearly more that needs to be talked about for TMS before it comes out. Like the Joker content and whatever else they've added, such as Tiki taking part in battles which was never explained.

Last edited:

pinshadow

Smash Lord
Its just a Wii U port though, and honestly one that could really use more publicity around it, showing it off in a direct and then saying "By the way, this is out in a couple days" is a perfect way to do it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom