• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Genesis Results and Shoutouts - Full Results and Payouts UP

Status
Not open for further replies.

idea

Smash Master
the melee results are very strange.

i still say DBR could do a blog thing outlining the whole tournament. i mean, even for people who went, they couldn't possibly have seen everything that went on in connection with genesis.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Man, Scar must've been on his A+ game this tournament.
He just didn't get bracket canceled by Aarosmashguy!!! /lol

TBH I think that Armada's win over M2K was legit. It would have been legit had Chibo not said anything, however now his victory will be forever tainted until he comes back and wins again -_-. Definitely GOOD **** Armada, even though peach is mad gay.

also mad respect for M2K's post, that's just pure coolness there.

Prawn

Smash Master
I'm glad there's no one yelling "M2K SANDBAGGED!!! QQ" in this thread,

GGs M2K, Ally, Armada, Mango and everyone else.

Looked like fun.

Cyan_

Smash Lord
Armada beat me 2-1, but we both thought it was 2/3 instead of 3/5, so sidefx wouldn't let us finish the set because of that reason. I was originally gonna counterpick fox on corneria, but i didnt wanna be that gay, so I asked him to go to FD and he was like ok cuz it would be a better match that way, but then i lost anyway oh well =\. I made over 4k though so I'm pretty happy. I guess I'm good on teams from these results. Good job mango repping USA and winning, and Armada you are amazing and a really cool guy. I 3-0d Tyrant altho he didn't seem to care much, Tyrant then barely beat ADHD and Dojo in last-hit sets I think after that, then Ally I beat 3-2 first set, then he beat Tyrant 3-1, then Ally beat me in two sets I think 3-1 or something. I guess he's just better than me now. Those are just some random updates from what I remember. Fun tournament, although I do think switching between Melee and Brawl can be hard, therefore if there is another Genesis I recommend all Melee one day then all Brawl another day, kind of like at FAST1. Evo World next week wish me luck guys
Good luck.

****, this looked like a great tourney, good stuff guys. Especially M2k, Mango, Ally, and Armada. :) Scar too.

Prawn

Smash Master
Can someone please make a Genesis video thread and compile all the matches there as they're uploaded? It would make things oh so much easier.

Jeapie

Smash Journeyman
This tournament is soo huggeeeee =O

too badd Armada could not go all the way, but nevertheless he did so great ^^
m2k can be 1st in melee doubles brawl and brawl doubles o_0 ( thats some cash right there )

Messatsu!

Smash Journeyman
u tard, doubles = splitting the money
this. i can't stop laughing.

And this is proof enough that TEXAS needs to wait on the MK ban. I will no be banning him at my tournaments in the south.

Seems like it was amazing, I wish I could have been there. Melee lives!

Congratulations to all the winners!

Also, are there crew battle vids? :x

Cyan_

Smash Lord
Genius you realize Canada is part of North America right?
genius, you realize he means Ally repped Canada by winning Brawl Singles, since he's from Canada right? (even though he moved to MI :()

and you do realize Mango repped North America by beating Armada from Europe which is another continent

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Armada had the most ridiculous bracket ever ... Lucky, Shiz, M2K and Mango in a row ... and he ***** them all :D

:059:

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Did SS vs Darkrain ever happen? I know they didn't play in brackets but did they mm or at least play friendlies?
i called Dark last night, he said they never played and by that time Jeff had left the venue. :\

Armada's performance

Defeated aaaro smash guy (AARO SMASH GUY, HE WHO BRACKET CANCEL'D SCAR)
Defeated Harriettheguy
Defeated Lunin
Defeated Lucky
Defeated ShizWiz
Defeated M2K !
Defeated Mango !

papermarkis

Smash Lord
even though peach is mad gay.
Placing that high with Peach is actually a very hard task. She's top tier, but she's a very hard character to beat top pros with. Probably even more so than Falcon. Armada placing second, his first time in the US, at a humongous international tournament with almost every currently active pro is probably the most impressive thing that happened in this tournament.

But yeah, we should start planning for Genesis 2. Maybe holding it in the midwest so some of our top players won't john out again.

OFY

Sonic main since 08'
i called Dark last night, he said they never played and by that time Jeff had left the venue. :\

Armada's performance

Defeated aaaro smash guy (AARO SMASH GUY, HE WHO BRACKET CANCEL'D SCAR)
Defeated Harriettheguy
Defeated Lunin
Defeated Lucky
Defeated ShizWiz
Defeated M2K !
Defeated Mango !
then lost to mango

Mango's bracket at pound 3 was harder and so was PC Chris's at Oc3

nevertheless armada is a beast

PB&J

Smash Hero
great tourny..

a little upset about the lack of setups and crews not finishing but..still really fun

im predicting minumum 100,000 views for some of these matches..i mean m,ango being really clutch in game 4 and the being cluth again in 5...

for some of u who are like..these results look funny.. i can say one thing on it

the night before at ramada inn someone stole jman's white/pearl controller
..causing jman to lose to axe the first round..and for all of u say thats controller johns..i diasagree

imagine playing melee for years and u finally have a great controller to play with..practice for months for genesis then ur perfect little controller gets stolen by an idiot at a hotel..that will mess u uand most of the top players here will agree with me on this..

first shout outs is to the mountains in norcal..never expected those

djn- it was fun in the hotel room with those random cali girls..they def need to quit life

the twins made my mind like explode with there magic tricks

tang is the smoothest asian i know

armada is the best peach iv seen..after he three stocked kage in crews and beating vwins..we were convinced he was mad beast

hbox-good stuff..dont have any regrets punk..

zhu-u were playing ur a++++ game..those dash dances were sick..u beat m2k..u will always have that under your belt now...come to to5 please labor day weekend

east coast vs west coast crew battle--prob the best ever done..i lost my voice screaming so loud..wish the south had a chance to play..next time i guess

dbr- u guys are cool in my book..except..3 pools had at least 2 people from the south in it..we didnt change it because we are lazy..but it wasnt cool..besides that the tourny was fun..i wish i got a shirt..u guys need to make more and all sighn it

frames-ur my boy son..u are getting beast

MY BOY HAX$-DOESNT IT FEEL GOOD WINNING 230 DOLLARS OFF MONEY MATCHES ALONE ON THE WEST COAST THEN PEOPLE STILL UNDERESTIMATING U AND U GETTING TOP TEN LIKE I SAID U WOULD..I MMEAN U BEAT TAJ SON AND TOPE..WITH CF..UR TOO GOOD..CANT WAIT TO CHILL WITH U AGAIN..COME TO HERB 2 AND TO5..UR THE BEST IN MY BOOK NEXT TO DARKRAIN

ALUKARD-U KNOW I WOULD OF FELT REALLY BAD IF I DIDNT TRY TO AT LEAST GET 60 DOLLARS FOR U SON..UR MY BOY AND U GUYS BEASTED IN TEAMS..UR CF IS REALLY GOOD..GET BACK TO NY SAFE SON

g$-U ARE GETTING REALLY GOOD SON..THOSE MATCHES AGAINST LUCKY WERE INTENSE..SO CLOSE

darkrain-i wish i had ur skills sometimes..u are just too good at this game..im glad u came..it was fun seeing u again..the rain is too dark

all the icy mains @ this tourny..u guys are beast..i think im the only won who didt make it out of pools even though i went mostly fox..but good stuff

raistlin-wow..**** genesis..i wish i could of none the feeling when they kept calling your name for matches..keep it up son..see u at to5

kismet.man ur beast son..just teach yourself how to lose ..shake it off and u will be top ten in no time..

reflex the god-u are amazing in brawl..i really dont like braw; but when i watch u..it is entertaining..keep it up

mimi- your the prettiest smasher ive seen ever..nice meeting u and your little brother..fun matches against my puff..hopefully we meet again

brawl players..dont bann metaknight..i thought m2k would of won but even if he did..it looks bad when i community bans a character and there not that much better than alot of the other ones..stop banning metaknight

melee players-when we started chanting brawl suks and won the choice to keep playing..that was epic

lucky-in and out is beast..thanks

colbol..-u will win pound 4 dont worry son

lambchops-u are a beast..even though i thought u would get top 5..keep it up..im glad u live with me know

dashizwiz-ur a beast man..please dont quit..it will drop my moral in this game and u inspire me..your getting really good in dancing too..it was fun times running from derek's evil cat..too good..have fun what ever u do

rockcrock-u beasted crews like i thought u would..teach me melee some time

linguni--ur too good in this game...fl *****..people wont sleep on u guys anymore

hmw and phil- it was fun commentating with u guys..u guys are so funny..now come to the south son

fl--diiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiieeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!..4 people top ten..i think i predicted this..its the palm trees son..ill come back for fl gaming in august

scar-good stuff ****** in melee..its always fun

pakman-ur luigi is so sick

cactus plant..stop piicking on me in teams..i know i suk..ur too good

iori..get an earlier flight next time for we can enter teams..im glad u still came though

nes noob..stop being good when nobody knows u

darksonic--u beat eggz..nuff said

yay--people are dumb for stealing ur controller..we had mad fun hanging out screaming during crews..too good..see u at herb 2

dashdancedan-u are getting really good..u def leveled up this tourny..see u back in ga son

pc-u should of came

samus- i hate fighting u

nana- ur the best

f zero- u are cool

kage-- its always fun hanging out..if it aint pb&j its done son..lol..come to to5

blunted object--ur prett good..keep it up..ill come to canada sometime to chill with u and your brother

the people from france- u guys are legit

eval and the rest of pr-u guys are pretty good

west coast peaches..stop using blue..besides paul

silent wolf-i wish u would of entered..not having ur perfect controller must of been hard man..ill come to washington to chill with u guys sometime

5 hour air planes - u suk

tope- u look like a supermodel without the beard..and i love your coaching..its so good

cyrain..its always good..see u at herb 2

taj- i love that m2..ill come to az soon..tell sean

trophies- i wish i had u in my arMS

ALL THE PEOPLE WHO DONATED TO ALUKARD-THANKS..IT JUST SHOWS HOW GREAT THE SMASH COMMUINTY IS..I LOVE THIS GAME,,AND WILL NEVER STOP TILL ALL THE MELEE DISC ARE BROKEN

M2K-UR THE BEST IN THE WORLD..HOW DO U **** SO HARD AT BOTH GAMES..WISH I WAS U SOMETIMES

CO18--UR TOO GOOD.LEARN HOW TO FIGHT TOON LINK THOUGH

chaz--ur marth is the best in my eyes

gdx--thanks for that frosted mini wheat..see u in fl

derek-thanks for housing us

phat gamer- you are so fun to hang out with..thanks for the food and rides..come to to5 please in september

jman-ur my boy son..keep it up..ur copntroller will find u again..good job on winning teams

warriorknight-ur bowser is too good son..people were def sleeping..u awakened them ..see u in ny

ramada inn- u have so many stories to tell now

to everybody else-thanks for coming.. i hope u guys had fun..we need to keep melee alive..get home safe

AND

EVERYBODY COME TO TO5 LABOR DAY WEEKEND- U WILL GET FREE HOUSING AND GET PICKED UP..HIT ME UP

IF IT AINT PB&J ITS DONE

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Placing that high with Peach is actually a very hard task. She's top tier, but she's a very hard character to beat top pros with. Probably even more so than Falcon. Armada placing second, his first time in the US, at a humongous international tournament with almost every currently active pro is probably the most impressive thing that happened in this tournament.
I was just saying that peach's playstyle was gay, LOL. I hate it. I'm not johning about peach though.

and IMO Armada's bracket was more difficult than Mango's at Pound 3, aside from having to take 2 best of 5 sets from M2K.

papermarkis

Smash Lord
We need a new Melee tier list. Jigglypuff is definitely better than Peach and Falcon.

Melee is not dead. Get at me.

Edit-Peach is not top tier.

Fox
Marth
Sheik
Falco
Falcon
Peach

Peach is low high tier.
Oh I forgot about the new tier list that came out last year. Thanks for the correction. And yes, I agree that Jiggs is better than Falcon and Peach. Maybe even better than Sheik.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
AZ hasn't updated it. Ally won singles and M2K's team won dubz.

also on the jigglypuffness: with the tier list being completely based on tournament results (a ****ing stupid idea, NO other FIGHTING game does that stupid ****), yes, Jiggs should be higher.

S.G.

Smash Journeyman
I thought the tier list was based on character potential and ability vs the rest of the cast.....?
how else would sheik be that high

and i really wish amsah came to this

Levitibus

Smash Ace
Harmoniously Gripping The Wang of Society
Lol, M2K isn't a tool if you hung out with him you'd know he can be humble, **** at Evo Jason but don't fall off anymore decks ;D

Results for Melee are crazy, nothing like you would think but Scar I saw who you had to face, compared to other brackets you got lucky, very lucky lol.

Hax is beast, proven.

DD v/s SS ever happen? If not that's sad knowing how many people have wanted to see it.

Brawl was entertaining as always, you did okay in Singles Atomsk, tied with CO18 so no one can use this to say he's better, cause he's not XD

VIDS AT ONCE!

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
no.
that would make sense, but keep in mind, this is the SBR we're talking about. LOLZ.

Cheeseonastick

Smash Journeyman
AZ hasn't updated it. Ally won singles and M2K's team won dubz.

also on the jigglypuffness: with the tier list being completely based on tournament results (a ****ing stupid idea, NO other video game does that stupid ****), yes, Jiggs should be higher.
Pokemon's tier lists are completely based on usage with no regards whatsoever to anything else.

PB&J

Smash Hero
armada-ur a beast..i had to post your results diff from everybody else

when i so u down and out on the bench outside i thought..u just inspired so many people in this game..u made history..smash history with peach and u placed 17th in brawl out of 300 people

i know u wanted to win but hey,,there is always a next time..come to pound 4 and bring like 40 people from europe too

i hope u enjoyed america..even some of us were jerks..including myself bfefore the crew battle..ill come to sweden too..i promise..u have to teach me swedish though..thanks for coming

now we have like 50 more peach players thanks to u..keep it up

Caleb Wolfbrand

Smash Master
Results for Melee are crazy, nothing like you would think but Scar I saw who you had to face, compared to other brackets you got lucky, very lucky lol.
also: lmao @ the guy who said Scar had it easy...

from what I know, this is not "easy":

Defeated FZero
Defeated azn lep
Defeated Taj
Defeated Lambchops
Defeated Raistlin

Scar haters shouldn't have anything to say, just enjoy the fact that he lost to two Jiggz lmao [dunno if Mango used Puff or Falco but still, hilarious irony after the RoM commentary for him to go against Mango and Hungrybox]

Sorry, do you not know those players or something? Scar didn't get lucky.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom