• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Genesis Results and Shoutouts - Full Results and Payouts UP

Status
Not open for further replies.

XACE-K

Smash Master
Congratz Mango for having an American win Melee.

Congratz Armada for proving the US that Europe can play Smash.

Congratz Scar, Darkrain, and Hax for getting Falcon in top 8.

And finally congratz to anyone who did well, regardless of it being Melee or Brawl.

xNecrox

Smash Cadet
Armada beat me 2-1, but we both thought it was 2/3 instead of 3/5, so sidefx wouldn't let us finish the set because of that reason. I was originally gonna counterpick fox on corneria, but i didnt wanna be that gay, so I asked him to go to FD and he was like ok cuz it would be a better match that way, but then i lost anyway oh well =\. I made over 4k though so I'm pretty happy. I guess I'm good on teams from these results. Good job mango repping USA and winning, and Armada you are amazing and a really cool guy. I 3-0d Tyrant altho he didn't seem to care much, Tyrant then barely beat ADHD and Dojo in last-hit sets I think after that, then Ally I beat 3-2 first set, then he beat Tyrant 3-1, then Ally beat me in two sets I think 3-1 or something. I guess he's just better than me now. Those are just some random updates from what I remember. Fun tournament, although I do think switching between Melee and Brawl can be hard, therefore if there is another Genesis I recommend all Melee one day then all Brawl another day, kind of like at FAST1. Evo World next week wish me luck guys
/me sits back in chair and laughs

Violent-nin

Smash Ace
Very nicely done Ally, I just hope you brought a Canadian flag to Genesis as well. :laugh:

Can't wait to see uploaded GFs of both Melee and Brawl.

Masmasher@

Smash Lord
Cleveland, Ohio! my homeplace but for now living i
Good job to all participants. Cant wait for the melee vids to pop up.

Good job to armada for sticking it to us americans. mike haggar would be proud. I remember him being chatised cause he said armadas on par with the top players in the us. For him to show like he did...thats whats up. Still Mango is clutch though good **** !

Flamingo

Smash Lord

Lobos

Smash Master
Big shout out to Chip rep'n TOONLINK!!!

LOL Despite M2K not winning singles for both events he won over $3000......GG

Ignatius

List Evader
BRoomer
Iggys lone shoutout:

Phanna - good **** keeping me updated via texts, and a phone call during mango/aramada set. too good.

GenesisJLS

Smash Journeyman
Armada beat me 2-1, but we both thought it was 2/3 instead of 3/5, so sidefx wouldn't let us finish the set because of that reason. I was originally gonna counterpick fox on corneria, but i didnt wanna be that gay, so I asked him to go to FD and he was like ok cuz it would be a better match that way, but then i lost anyway oh well =\. I made over 4k though so I'm pretty happy. I guess I'm good on teams from these results. Good job mango repping USA and winning, and Armada you are amazing and a really cool guy. I 3-0d Tyrant altho he didn't seem to care much, Tyrant then barely beat ADHD and Dojo in last-hit sets I think after that, then Ally I beat 3-2 first set, then he beat Tyrant 3-1, then Ally beat me in two sets I think 3-1 or something. I guess he's just better than me now. Those are just some random updates from what I remember. Fun tournament, although I do think switching between Melee and Brawl can be hard, therefore if there is another Genesis I recommend all Melee one day then all Brawl another day, kind of like at FAST1. Evo World next week wish me luck guys
Wow, this is the complete opposite of what I and many others were expecting you to say. Honestly, we thought you would go all emo saying you were robbed ect. Way to man up. M2k statistically speaking, you are the best Super Smash player in the world.

Also, according to http://www.norcalsmash.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=52 the match should have been 2/3 with Armada.

-All sets with the exception of winner's finals, loser's finals, and the championship are best of 3 matches, with the aforementioned Finals sets being best 3/5 games.

Everyone thanks for keeping the people who could not attend Genesis via Twitter. (Chibo, gai_thanatos, neal, and Valdens.)

toasty

Smash Hero
Norfolk/Virginia Beach, VA - IT'S SOVA, BABY! <
goddaaammmmn my *****s Tope and Cyrain!

@ Tope: gooood **** beating SS, but LOL @ that being an upset mainly because it prevented darkrain and SS from meeting in brackets XD

aw...teams :(

@ Cyrain: Thank you for not losing to Neighborhood P.

also: lmao @ the guy who said Scar had it easy...

from what I know, this is not "easy":

Defeated FZero
Defeated azn lep
Defeated Taj
Defeated Lambchops
Defeated Raistlin

Scar haters shouldn't have anything to say, just enjoy the fact that he lost to two Jiggz lmao [dunno if Mango used Puff or Falco but still, hilarious irony after the RoM commentary for him to go against Mango and Hungrybox]

Bizzarro Flame

Smash Lord
Great tournament DBR.

Good job everyone, regardless of Meleer or Brawler, you've come this far in order to enjoy the greatest smash tournament of the year. It is your bravery and confidence that will inspire me to participate in future large tournaments.

*sniff* Everyone is awesome!!!

OFY

Sonic main since 08'
sorry for posting again but I had to address this:

HOLY ****ING **** @ Axe beating Jman's Fox with Pika @_@

gooooood ****!!!
And Zhu beat M2K, that's shocking.

Best tourny ever.

Good shet mango I knew you pull a pound 3;)

iamthemicrowave

Smash Master
good job scar, darkrain, and hax for placing falcon in top 8!! good job armada and mango for being 2 good!

ray chun where you at?? what silly name did you use rofl

IHSB, good **** for beating tang!

Zephynazo

Zobaia -Deus- Ariana
Results look funny.
Ur face looks funny :laugh: Seriously i remember u *****ing so much about Armada and so on. Like saying "OMGZ he beat ZGETTO?!!"

Shaha, YEAH, HE BEAT ZGETTO! AND he F***ed up America as well, u should reallllllyy consider taking some notes from Armada now!

Haha i remember it so well...:chuckle:

Gratz Armada, ur the best Peach, no doubt, no doubt at all ;)

bolt.

Smash Ace
I told Zhu on aim he would beat m2k. He loled the comment. Then he goes to genesis and beats m2k. :D YAY for Zhu!

Eggm

Smash Hero
Lol, in the top 15 players there are only like 2-3 who played fox sheik or marth. Crazy stuff. I really wish I went, also a side note : I really like the white smashboards I find it way easier on my eyes.

Bizzarro Flame

Smash Lord
Zhu is too good, beating M2K in one of the most biggest and challenging smash tournament. Yeah, It's crazy there are only a few fox, sheik, or marth in the top 15. I'm glad that Ganon was well represented by Linguini and Kage; they both got 15th place.

May Melee Live Forever. It seems cross-over tournaments with Brawl and Melee since Brawl tends to attract more people in general/

TreK

Is "that guy"
woot @ Armada, good ****
Didn't know you played brawl, and your placing is impressing considering you're european and play melee =O
way to rep Europe <3

Edit -> and good **** America, having like 2 MKs in your top 8 <3

masterdrenin

Smash Apprentice
ALLY is king of brawl now!
From his humble roots on GameFAQs over a year ago now he's beating the best in the world.
Lol, good job my friend :)

xX4bdnXx

Smash Rookie
PUERTO RICO DID GREAT! And will continue cause here at pr we are talking so next time, more of us will go.

tocador

Smash Lord
I cant see the live stream, but is M2K loosing :O?

If he loses it would be awsome tho, best brawler = canadian, second best "meleer" = european :B!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom