• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official General Post-DLC Discussion [Closed]

Status
Not open for further replies.

GearKoopa5

Smash Rookie
NNID
DaveDanger34
I'd have kept Dr. Mario too for the same reason. Plus, he has the Tornado and the drill dair, so he's not a complete clone.

For the second one, I'd have done Dark Pit, but with a divekick dair, the Gemini Orbitars as a down B (difference is only aesthetic) and make his moves much stronger, but also laggier than Pit's. I'd have also given more horizontal knockback to the Electroshock Arm while still keeping it somewhat diagonal.

As for the third one, I'd have kept Lucina, but made her much faster, allowing her to be a sword version of Sheik.

In other words, I don't mind those three, but I feel like more effort could've been made to make them feel different.
And what about Ganondorf to Falcon? Anything else you can do with Ganon's moveset?

GearKoopa5

Smash Rookie
NNID
DaveDanger34
Dark Dive as a teleport
Warlock Blade as the default neutral special

It's not much, but it'd still make him less of a clone AND use his sword in non-custom tournaments.
I suppose there isn't enough heavy swordfighters, and it's kinda hard giving Ganon more sword based attacks and not turning him almost into Ike. However I'm not sure if Cloud will be soon a semi-clone of Ike because there just so many similar attacks.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Frankly, i will be happy with any character we got. (Yeah, even Pichu. But only if he is fun to play. And no Shrek or thing like that of course.) Sure, i would like personally some character but now, i think that they're chance are all fairly low.(Lloyd, Zero and The Black Knight must have -5/10 to be DLC character now. Not the mention the Mii Costume.) I still hope that we will get back Wolf and Snake. (But with Konami, his chance are really mixed.:ohwell:) And that we got some newcomer like King.K.Rool, Shantae or/and Shovel Knight and maybe Paper Mario. (Maybe Sylux too? I don't think it will be the winner but i would really be happy if yes.:4duckhunt:)

Last edited:

GearKoopa5

Smash Rookie
NNID
DaveDanger34
Frankly, i will be happy with any character we got. (Yeah, even Pichu. But only if he is fun to play. And no Shrek or thing like that of course.) Sure, i would like personally some character but now, i think that they're chance are all fairly low.(Lloyd, Zero and The Black Knight must have -5/10 to be DLC character now. Not the mention the Mii Costume.) I still hope that we will get back Wolf and Snake. (But with Konami, his chance are really mixed.:ohwell:) And that we got some newcomer like King.K.Rool, Shantae or/and Shovel Knight and maybe Paper Mario. (Maybe Sylux too? I don't think it will be the winner but i would really be happy if yes.:4duckhunt:)
Nah the last thing we needs are more clones. I'm gonna have to disagree on Wolf, as far as King K Rool goes he has just as much as a chance as Eggman, they are the strategist of their series. Frankly I haven't seen King K Krool fight one bit after DK64 and he was only a boxer at that time and DK's already been in Punch Out Wii

Burruni

Smash Hero
I suppose there isn't enough heavy swordfighters, and it's kinda hard giving Ganon more sword based attacks and not turning him almost into Ike. However I'm not sure if Cloud will be soon a semi-clone of Ike because there just so many similar attacks.
A) Don't give Dorf a swordbased moveset because even in TP his sword play is minimal. Dark Dive teleporting between its hits, having Warlock Punch be weaker but launch a dark magic sphere from himself that crushed shields, and then changing his d-tilt to be Samus's but with an aura of magic instead of typical explosion and boom, "decloned" 'dorf.

B) I saw more similarities to Shulk than Ike in his moveset. But even then using the word "clone" is a red flag for nope. Cloud'll be as much of a clone as Shulk is to Marth.

Edit:
Nah the last thing we needs are more clones. I'm gonna have to disagree on Wolf, as far as King K Rool goes he has just as much as a chance as Eggman, they are the strategist of their series. Frankly I haven't seen King K Krool fight one bit after DK64 and he was only a boxer at that time and DK's already been in Punch Out Wii
Jungle Climber & King of Swing he fights directly. Barrel Blast he slashes at anything crossing his path with his claws.

Last edited:

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
The only clone i mentioned would be Wolf. (And he is more a semi-clone.) Paper Mario could be very different from Mario, thanks to his series. And Sylux could maybe have some thing from Samus. But it he has still alot for him. Also, Eggman have really no chance in my opinion. ( I mean, if we got a second character from Sega. We should have one from another series. Like Ryu and Mega Man.) And King.K.Rool is like the most request character in the ballot. And he could have a really great movest based of the DKC trilogy and DK64. (But hey, we don't know how Sakurai is going to use for his moveset. If he is a DLC character of course.)

GearKoopa5

Smash Rookie
NNID
DaveDanger34
A) Don't give Dorf a swordbased moveset because even in TP his sword play is minimal. Dark Dive teleporting between its hits, having Warlock Punch be weaker but launch a dark magic sphere from himself that crushed shields, and then changing his d-tilt to be Samus's but with an aura of magic instead of typical explosion and boom, "decloned" 'dorf.

B) I saw more similarities to Shulk than Ike in his moveset.
Well Shulk can be heavy, medium or light depending on which of the arts you use but his normal weight is equal to Marth and Roy, so Shulk is an all arounder

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
Well Shulk can be heavy, medium or light depending on which of the arts you use but his normal weight is equal to Marth and Roy, so Shulk is an all arounder
He can be an all rounder, but by default, he's more like Marth.

Heck, Air Slash is basically a two hit, slower Dolphin Slash.

GearKoopa5

Smash Rookie
NNID
DaveDanger34
The only clone i mentioned would be Wolf. (And he is more a semi-clone.) Paper Mario could be very different from Mario, thanks to his series. And Sylux could maybe have some thing from Samus. But it he has still alot for him. Also, Eggman have really no chance in my opinion. ( I mean, if we got a second character from Sega. We should have one from another series. Like Ryu and Mega Man.) And King.K.Rool is like the most request character in the ballot. And he could have a really great movest based of the DKC trilogy and DK64. (But hey, we don't know how Sakurai is going to use for his moveset. If he is a DLC character of course.)
I did really want Bomberman to join as well, but some people say he is a clone to Snake. Personally I think Bomberman has a nice clean new play style with really good stage control with his bombs.

I was gonna suggest Krystal instead of Wolf because of the whole new moveset but if you give Fox a sword that's pretty much Marth.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
I did really want Bomberman to join as well, but some people say he is a clone to Snake. Personally I think Bomberman has a nice clean new play style with really good stage control with his bombs.

I was gonna suggest Krystal instead of Wolf because of the whole new moveset but if you give Fox a sword that's pretty much Marth.
Bomberman? Really, i'm fairly "OK" with him. I don't know much about him and his game. But frankly, i couldn't see him doing some move that Snake have. I mean, see Bomberman do a grab like Snake would be very weird for me and alot of people lol.

Also, doesn't Krystal fight like with a stick? I can't really saw how she could be a clone of Marth. (But then again, i don't alot of the character.)

Last edited:

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」

What leap of imagination draws a conclusion like Fox + Sword = Marth = Krystal?

Marth and Fox share no attributes that would suggest this, and that's not even accounting for Krystal's unique features.

GearKoopa5

Smash Rookie
NNID
DaveDanger34
Bomberman? Really, i'm fairly "OK" with him. I don't know much about him and his game. But frankly, i couldn't see him doing some move that Snake have. I mean, see Bomberman do a grab like Snake would be very weird for me and alot of people lol.

Also, doesn't Krystal fight like with a stick? i can't really saw how she could be a clone of Marth. (But then again, i don't alot of the character.)
Okay how about this thing?

Last edited:

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Okay how about this thing?
Nah, it's Project M exclusivity.:4diddy:
So Slippy will never get in for that.:troll:

(No really, Slippy doesn't really have chance. Except' if he is like OP. I would main him in that case.:yeahboi:)

Last edited:

GearKoopa5

Smash Rookie
NNID
DaveDanger34
What leap of imagination draws a conclusion like Fox + Sword = Marth = Krystal?

Marth and Fox share no attributes that would suggest this, and that's not even accounting for Krystal's unique features.
I was just exaggerating, since there is only so much you can do with a light swordsman, I'm thinking it like this

Fox - Speedy Fighter
Marth - Speedy Swordsman

Not sure what other moves you can make Fox do if you give him a staff.

Last edited:

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
I was just exaggerating, since there is so much you can do with a light swordsman, I'm thinking it like this

Fox - Speedy Fighter
Marth - Speedy Swordsman

Not sure what other moves you can make Fox do if you give him a staff.
Neither do I. But there's a plethora of YouTube videos showcasing staff fighting.

Maybe we'll find our spark of creative inspiration there.

GearKoopa5

Smash Rookie
NNID
DaveDanger34
Neither do I. But there's a plethora of YouTube videos showcasing staff fighting.

Maybe we'll find our spark of creative inspiration there.
But I still am mad over Shovel Knight not making it!

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
In Shovel Knight, there's a cheat code that replaces some words with the word 'butt', 'STEEL THY BUTT!' and so forth
Thank you for giving me a reason to want even more Shovel Knight in Sm4sh.

#ButtTagEverywhere
:4iggy:

If Sakurai had added different clones than the ones he chose, who would you have liked him to see? I would keep Dr. Mario since he is a veteran and it's a nice nod to Melee. I would have added Dixie Kong as a Diddy Kong clone, but slightly modify her Up special attack to the whirl, similar to Donkey Kong, but with her hair
I would've kept Dr. Mario, made Alph into clone, and added... Doc Louis as a Little Mac clone. :awesome:

I would've added Dry Bowser, but people are already complaining how Mario got three additional characters. Personally I can't see Dixie as a "full" Diddy clone, she should be semi-clone at least.

GearKoopa5

Smash Rookie
NNID
DaveDanger34
I would've kept Dr. Mario, made Alph into clone, and added... Doc Louis as a Little Mac clone. :awesome:

I would've added Dry Bowser, but people are already complaining how Mario got three additional characters. Personally I can't see Dixie as a "full" Diddy clone, she should be semi-clone at least.
Nah she would be a lot more physical than Diddy with moves mostly about her ponytails.

D

Deleted member

But I still am mad over Shovel Knight not making it!
I'd say wait till the December broadcast if he's not announced by then he's officially deconfirmed. I feel your pain man I adore the character and series I want him in too, but you should hold out a while longer, his fate is not sealed yet.

Last edited by a moderator:

TheDarkKnightNoivern

Smash Master
If Sakurai had added different clones than the ones he chose, who would you have liked him to see? I would keep Dr. Mario since he is a veteran and it's a nice nod to Melee. I would have added Dixie Kong as a Diddy Kong clone, but slightly modify her Up special attack to the whirl, similar to Donkey Kong, but with her hair

I also would have added Sigurd as a Marth clone :troll:
Nah, Dixie deserves a lot better, I really can't think of any other decent clones tbh, if it was up to me though I would've spent a bit more time changing them, make Lucina faster and less laggy and make dark pit stronger and slower

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Late for the alts discussion but here's my picks...

:4mario:: Metal Mario
:4luigi:: Dr. Luigi
:4peach:: Daisy
:4link::4zelda::4sheik::4ganondorf:: All of their OoT outfits:
:4tlink:: :younglinkmelee: (plz mashpotato samurai)
:4samus:: Dark Samus
:4jigglypuff:: Clefairy?
:4falcon:: Blood Falcon
:4ness:: Ninten
:4marth:: Leif
:4myfriends:: Chrom
:4megaman:: Megaman Volnutt
:4pacman:: Ms. Pac-Man
:4sonic:: Metal Sonic
:4ryu:: Ken
:4cloud:: Zack Fair

Status