• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official General Post-DLC Discussion [Closed]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
I expected a Silver Sonic joke. I am SO disappointed MaskO'.
Quick question: You can guarantee 1 new franchise and it's character, Who would it be? For me, Isaac's my most wanted from a 'new' franchise
Silver Sonic? Please. Algebra FTW.

Dillon from Dillon's Rolling Western.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Quick question: You can guarantee 1 new franchise and it's character, Who would it be? For me, Isaac's my most wanted from a 'new' franchise
Same here.

Though I wouldn't mind Takamaru either.

:231:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Brian from Quest 64. Although to be fair, you didn't specify if it's 1st, 2nd, or 3rd party. XD

Isaac from Golden Sun and Fulgore from Killer Instinct are two runner ups.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
As my sig indicates, I'm still hopeful for Takamaru in the next game and that he gets the Little Mac treatment. After seeing how Lyn fights in the Project M leak, that style of sword fighting would be perfect for him.

Indivisible: Ajna
Bravely Default: Edea Lee

And if we have to be 1st party then
Wonderful 101: Wonder Red

3rd and 4th most wanted with awesome moveset potential from awesome games.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
What will happen if he picks up a Metal Box?

That's a nice scenario.

Maybe M. Mario would be the one based on his Smash 64 self? The one that looks like this.

So that way, he wouldn't look all that different from Mario with the Metal Box.

Wolfie557

Witch-King of the North
3DS FC
3153-4071-1007
Switch FC
SW 3128 8188 4021
If there was one assist trophy who somehow got DLC'ed , who would you choose? obvi ain't happening but it's fun.

Ma choice without any doubts;

Lady Kuki

Smash Journeyman
NNID
PetraRal01
3DS FC
4854-7185-6306
If there was one assist trophy who somehow got DLC'ed , who would you choose? obvi ain't happening but it's fun.

Lyn. After I saw how she played in Project M, I started wanting her more and more. Too bad not a lot of people want another FE character. :p

Last edited:

Midna, Lyn Dark Samus, Dillon. . .so many good choices.

Guess I will go with Dark Samus. Maybe she wouldn't suck as bad as her counterpart >_>

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Would say Lyn if FE didn't have too much representation so I would defiantly go with Waluigi, A character that was unfairly brushed aside IMO.

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304

GOOD CHOICE!!!!

Dark Samus is an easy second placer behind Midna...

Also wouldn't mind Skull Kid, Ashley, and Waaaaa!!

Last edited:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
GOOD CHOICE!!!!

Dark Samus is an easy second placer behind Midna...

Also wouldn't mind Skull Kid, Ashley, and Waaaaa!!
Ashley and Waluigi are two of my favorite choices. I just wish Toad made it to Smash Bros. as playable already.

WaddleKing

Smash Ace
NNID
Nassim250
I think i'd maybe go with
Granted his games are kinda too easy, there's just something about playing as a starfish that sounds charming. It's like if you were able to fully control Luma.
( This is for the assist trophies only btw. I'd probably go with someone else outside of that )

Last edited:

Serell

Smash Apprentice
I really wanted to say Ray, but then I remembered he no longer has an assist trophy... :sadeyes:

So my choice is definitely Midna. My heart literally sank when I saw her as an assist trophy in a Smash presentation..

Last edited:

Kirby Dragons

Smash Hero
Scribblenauts, Maxwell, 'nuff said.

Good choice.
Would say Lyn if FE didn't have too much representation so I would defiantly go with Waluigi, A character that was unfairly brushed aside IMO.
What exactly would you be defying by adding Waluigi? :laugh:

Last edited:

Wiley

Dreamer
NNID
MrWiley
I really wanted to say Ray, but then I remembered he no longer has an assist trophy... :sadeyes:

So my choice is definitely Midna. My heart literally sank when I saw her as an assist trophy in a Smash presentation..

It literally sank?
D: go see a doctor.

Bradli Wartooth

Smash Lord
NNID
Aearlir
Ray 01 from Custom Robo. Because this game needs more fighting robots.

EDIT: And to the AT question, I'd go with Lyn. One of my most wanted since FE first came to the US. Years of teasing me with that AT... It needs to stop D':

Last edited:

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Wonder Red, from the Wonderful 101. Given that it didn't sell much, I'm not sure if it would be included in the next Smash Bros. game, but I'd really like to see him added in, for his moveset, the possible stages, the music, the assist trophies - it seems like the sky's the limit in terms of content that could be taken from that series!

If we're including third party characters in there, I'd prefer Rayman or Bayonetta over Wonder Red, but I'm just sticking with Nintendo characters since everyone else seems to be.

I'd probably go with Midna too; it's kind of ridiculous that Zelda hasn't had a new character in Smash since Melee, and Midna seems like the most prominent one. (besides, she's pretty popular, getting multiple playable forms in Hyrule Warriors and people wanting to see her return to the series, which is even more impressive considering that basically every other helper character is met with near-universal hate)

Last edited:

Wolfie557

Witch-King of the North
3DS FC
3153-4071-1007
Switch FC
SW 3128 8188 4021
Wonder Red, from the Wonderful 101. Given that it didn't sell much, I'm not sure if it would be included in the next Smash Bros. game, but I'd really like to see him added in, for his moveset, the possible stages, the music, the assist trophies - it seems like the sky's the limit in terms of content that could be taken from that series!

If we're including third party characters in there, I'd prefer Rayman or Bayonetta over Wonder Red, but I'm just sticking with Nintendo characters since everyone else seems to be.

I'd probably go with Midna too; it's kind of ridiculous that Zelda hasn't had a new character in Smash since Melee, and Midna seems like the most prominent one. (besides, she's pretty popular, getting multiple playable forms in Hyrule Warriors and people wanting to see her return to the series, which is even more impressive considering that basically every other helper character is met with near-universal hate)
Because of Hyrule Warriors, I won't fully accept Midna in Smash if the Twili Form doesn't appear in some way. (final smash maybe?)

I actually really want Midna to return in LoZ, maybe even Zelda U somehow as the unbroken bridge could be fixed years later who knows.And if it happens but she is in her true form... :O

Anyways......#Midna4MiiCostume.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Code Name S.T.E.A.M., and Henry Fleming.

Such a great game that didn't get half the attention it deserved. Not to mention an awesome possible mechanic with the steam gauge.

SuperNintendoDisney

Smash Journeyman
Brian from Quest 64. Although to be fair, you didn't specify if it's 1st, 2nd, or 3rd party. XD

Isaac from Golden Sun and Fulgore from Killer Instinct are two runner ups.
Quest 64??? Ahahaha, I haven't heard of that game in years, what a nostalgia rush. Once you get Earthquake magic the battles become much easier. Regardless of what folks say, I found the game charming and vibrant. Thank you for a trip down memory lane, hahaha

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Quest 64??? Ahahaha, I haven't heard of that game in years, what a nostalgia rush. Once you get Earthquake magic the battles become much easier. Regardless of what folks say, I found the game charming and vibrant. Thank you for a trip down memory lane, hahaha
No problem. BTW, the move is called Avalanche, but yeah, it's pretty broken, with only a bad hit ratio at most. I hope it comes to the Virtual Console some day, and a translation of the Japanese version is available worldwide for each proper country. It's a huge improvement on the original.

SuperSceptile15

Smash Lord
I think it's very possible that we'll get Wolf, a Splatoon character and another third party or two. This seems like the likeliest scenario, but you never know with Sakurai.

Burruni

Smash Hero
Stay Fresh with Inklings. Sorry Ryugie :p

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
Wonderful 101 and Wonder Red because Wonderful 101 isn't going to get anything any time soon.
And I really, really want to eat those words.

DBZHedgy

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
1736-4241-7885
Shadow would be a cool character to pull off in the next Smash Bros.
I'd also really like Lyn because of PM, but I doubt they would make her even remotely the same as that so meh.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
When it comes to another assist trophy to be playable, I'd honestly choose Lyn. I've wanted her for way too long, and with P:M ended, the dream is kind of dead That was rough.

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
Still curious on what people think of this. lol
Namco for Solaire or Nightmare but I'd be happy with SE if it was Kefka.

-----------------------

In regards to assist trophies it's either Lyn, Shadow or Takamaru for me.

Last edited:

roymustang1990-

Smash Ace
NNID
RoyMustang1990
Count me in the lyn bandwagon club. She was the first lord to be brought over to the states and had two chances to be made playable and yet was axed in favor of being an assist trophy. I hope she gets the little Mac treatment from sakurai one day.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom