• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official General Post-DLC Discussion [Closed]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Custom Robo was a true hidden gem on the game cube. Amazing game. The problem was poor advertising...
And now you know why Splatoon and Fire Emblem Awakening shined. ****ing Nintendo, forgetting to advertise their ****...RIP Wonder Red.I'm still waiting for my ****ing Wonder Eyes though you Sentai knockoff, and you still aren't in Smash...

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
And now you know why Splatoon and Fire Emblem Awakening shined. ****ing Nintendo, forgetting to advertise their ****...RIP Wonder Red.I'm still waiting for my ****ing Wonder Eyes though you Sentai knockoff, and you still aren't in Smash...
Nintendo has never had good PR...

EVER...

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
When I look at Sakurai, he looks like a true artist to me. He puts love and care into all his games. So I believe money is not his only goal. But you are right that he may just add Inklings because they are in high demand, and he wants to give the fans what they want. I concede.

EDIT: Let's talk about Ray instead, that sounds like a lot more fun
What can be more artistic than squids squirting Ink everywhere?...that's abstractionism at its finest right there...

KingDooburu

Smash Rookie
The Color stuff in the annoucement is really random to try to predict something.

For example, I can say Micaiah has a blue scarf and a dress with a similar purple tone.
It still is a possibility though. Like what is the benefit to have random splotches of colour rather than just white? It either means something or they did it to screw with us.

Serell

Smash Apprentice
It still is a possibility though. Like what is the benefit to have random splotches of colour rather than just white? It either means something or they did it to screw with us.
The benefit is that it looks nicer...

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
User was warned for this post
About Ridley, if I may;
I honestly do not think that what Sakurai says about Ridley is him saying it can't happen at all in regards to him being in Smash. What I think is the issue Sakurai has with Ridley is the way he tends to be used in Metroid making it much harder for Sakurai to find a way to work around his size to represent another aspect of the character like with some other bigger characters.

Think about this; what does Ridley tend to do in his fights? Fly around or into you, spit fire at you, grab you and scrape you around, maybe slash with his claws and tail. He's got some moves to work with, but there's not a lot of material to use to make a coherent moveset that feels just as Ridley should feel, and the fact that most of his interesting characterization is from a somewhat obscure manga doesn't help. Making him a boss makes it so they can use the moves he does use most often without having to come up with a lot of other things that still feel like him as a character. His moves in the games don't neccesarily line up with the sadistic, genocidal horror that the manga depicts him as, which creates something of a disconnect.

Sakurai's an artist who needs some frame of reference to make his art, and in terms of the Metroid series, Ridley hasn't really been given any of his manga characterization and his fights tend to be pretty samey, which are pretty painful points against him. I imagine if Ridley is given a boss fight that properly represents his character (say, giving him more feline and bird in the fighting style), he'd be an easy addition for Sakurai to do, because then there's a lot more material to use for crafting moves.

Sakurai knows Ridley is highly-requested, but the lack of reference material in the games is what's hindering Ridley's progress as a fighter.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
What benefit is there for me having a Santa Anna on my avi? Cuz it looks nice! Saying the colours are hinting at characters is like saying 'I found a penny on the streets. Wolf confirmed'
Nintendo has never had good PR...

EVER...
There's a difference between bad advertising and bad PR. Bad PR is people knowing you dod something stupid. For example, Konami

SamuXCI

Smash Cadet
NNID
SamuXCI
3DS FC
0877-1107-8984
Custom Robo was a true hidden gem on the game cube. Amazing game. The problem was poor advertising... no one knew about it. I see Ray as a much more aerial focused megaman, that strafes through the air dropping pods and launching bombs
Yeah I played the heck out of this game and loved every minute. Still have my copy.

Custom Robo, Conkers Bad Fur Day, Banjo-Kazooie, F-Zero GX. All my favorite video game franchises are dead. :sadeyes: Please Yooka-Laylee and Fast Racing Neo. Bring the legends back to life.

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
'From now on, it will be fanservice'
Inklings have a very high appeal and incedible demand, 'saving them for next game' isn't a genuine factor, but something made by people who are desperate for their most wanted characters, scared Inklings would get more priority than them
Sakurai does take things one game at a time...

Heck, this might be the last Smash Bros.

Lady Kuki

Smash Journeyman
NNID
PetraRal01
3DS FC
4854-7185-6306
I, for some reason cannot see this being the last Smash Bros. The series is way too profitable for it to just... stop. I can see Sakurai retiring and Nintendo hiring a new developer to work on the game. I however, cannot see the series die.

I can at least see Smash 4 possibly getting a port for the NX. New content such as characters, stages and modes could be added.

Gimmick

Smash Ace
Why do people think the color thing means anything? Anyway, I really don't want to see another Pokemon character, Sora, or Shovel Knight in the game. I wouldn't complain though, I just wouldn't buy them.

SuperNintendoDisney

Smash Journeyman
About Ridley, if I may;
I honestly do not think that what Sakurai says about Ridley is him saying it can't happen at all in regards to him being in Smash. What I think is the issue Sakurai has with Ridley is the way he tends to be used in Metroid making it much harder for Sakurai to find a way to work around his size to represent another aspect of the character like with some other bigger characters.

Think about this; what does Ridley tend to do in his fights? Fly around or into you, spit fire at you, grab you and scrape you around, maybe slash with his claws and tail. He's got some moves to work with, but there's not a lot of material to use to make a coherent moveset that feels just as Ridley should feel, and the fact that most of his interesting characterization is from a somewhat obscure manga doesn't help. Making him a boss makes it so they can use the moves he does use most often without having to come up with a lot of other things that still feel like him as a character. His moves in the games don't neccesarily line up with the sadistic, genocidal horror that the manga depicts him as, which creates something of a disconnect.

Sakurai's an artist who needs some frame of reference to make his art, and in terms of the Metroid series, Ridley hasn't really been given any of his manga characterization and his fights tend to be pretty samey, which are pretty painful points against him. I imagine if Ridley is given a boss fight that properly represents his character (say, giving him more feline and bird in the fighting style), he'd be an easy addition for Sakurai to do, because then there's a lot more material to use for crafting moves.

Sakurai knows Ridley is highly-requested, but the lack of reference material in the games is what's hindering Ridley's progress as a fighter.
Such as Captain Falcon? Fox? Palutena? Ganondorf? Zelda? There are plenty of characters who "don't do much" in their source material but he makes a fighter out of them. It's a game, this isn't reality, they can make him however they want. He might appear smaller than in the games, but I'm sure Ridley fans would appreciate the effort. Ganondorf fans still play as Ganondorf even though he barely does anything from his games, and we know how Wario Land fans feel about Wario

Last edited:

PrettyIvyPearls22

Smash Ace
Why do people think the color thing means anything? Anyway, I really don't want to see another Pokemon character, Sora, or Shovel Knight in the game. I wouldn't complain though, I just wouldn't buy them.
Because people over analyze anything when it comes to Smash its really nothing new here really.

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
Nope. Sakurai's last Smash Bros? Probably. The last Smash? Hell no. Brawl got greenlit before Sakurai got involved with the game
That's really only half true.

"Super Smash Bros. for Wii" was greenlit, but if Sakurai didn't want to make a sequel, Nintendo would remake Melee with updated graphics and online play.

At least, that's what I heard once. I could be wrong, as I can't find if this was ever stated.

roymustang1990-

Smash Ace
NNID
RoyMustang1990
That's really only half true.

"Super Smash Bros. for Wii" was greenlit, but if Sakurai didn't want to make a sequel, Nintendo would remake Melee with updated graphics and online play.

. I could be wrong, as I can't find if this was ever stated.
Edit : No,your right. I remember this being said by Iwata himself during brawl's developement days or before Iwata went straight to sakurai that he wanted brawl to be made. Can't remember which scenario came first but now it's just the matter of finding the very article that had this listed.

Last edited:

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
No,your right. I remember this being stated in brawl's developement days. Now it's just the matter of finding the veryarticle that had said the darn thing.
When it comes to these things, such evidence is essential.

If you find anything, tag me so I can save it.

DustyPumpkin

Smash Lord
NNID
DustyPumpkin
3DS FC
4038-5990-1614
Switch FC
0550-6678-6601
meanwhile you complained about female Robin being overshadowed by the male version lol

Seeing people talk about Ray is kinda nice imo. I don't think we'll get Ray until a new Custom Robo game gets released, but it'd be nice to see him. Only problem is thinking about what size he should be
So?
Like, what, Because I prefer to play a guy I can't think it's unfair that a character who has a gender-neutral appearance isn't using it in Smash so one gender doesn't get way more attention than the other when they're 100% equal in-game?

If it's hood up-Robin that was the default appearance and the amiibo, an in all the amiibo crossovers, then if it's the guy or girl is up to your imagination, and that's the main difference between Robin and Wii Fit Trainer and Villager.

Robin HAS a Gender-Neutral appearance that they should have used.

We wil always have smash. It sells too well.

And something else people dont seem to realize is all the advertisement. Every series in Smash is going to sell better. It is an absolute butt ton of exposure for so many franchises. It's just bad business to stop making them.

GhostlyLure

Smash Lord
NNID
GhostlyLureioi
Ghostly, we talked about your behavior towards me previously. :/

Will do! :)
You mean the time where I PM'ed you you replied twice than left ok.

I just notice arguing all over the place and figured it was you, You're the only person to argue about Bandana Dee constantly out of all the supporters.

Whatever, no matter what I say you'll continue to lay in your own little world of dillusional nonsense.

Ight GhostlyLure out

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
You mean the time where I PM'ed you you replied twice than left ok.

I just notice arguing all over the place and figured it was you, You're the only person to argue about Bandana Dee constantly out of all the supporters.

Whatever, no matter what I say you'll continue to lay in your own little world of dillusional nonsense.

Ight GhostlyLure out
No, it was someone who was acting subjectively, so I called them out. Honestly no offense, but you need to stop following me and worry about your own problems Ghostly, as you clearly don't understand what's going on and are jumping to conclusions. Please stop. Thank you.

Last edited:

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
D

Deleted member

Inklings and Wolf I think at this point. And I'll be happy about that, but we'll find out.

GhostlyLure

Smash Lord
NNID
GhostlyLureioi
No, it was someone who was acting subjectively, so I called them out. Honestly no offense, but you need to stop following me and worry about your own problems Ghostly, as you clearly don't understand what's going on and are jumping to conclusions. Please stop. Thank you.
I visit other threads besides Bandaa Dees perhaps that didn't cross your mind. Since you know so much about me what are my problems exactly wait hmm maybe I don't have any, why else would I even be on the site in the first place.

F.y.i. I read the entire conversation

It's just you pushing your bias as always

Whatever as if your capable of not being so hard headed.

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
I visit other threads besides Bandaa Dees perhaps that didn't cross your mind. Since you know so much about me what are my problems exactly wait hmm maybe I don't have any, why else would I even be on the site in the first place.

F.y.i. I read the entire conversation

It's just you pushing your bias as always

Whatever as if your capable of not being so hard headed.
I'm aloud to think as I please you know. Please just stop instigating me is all I'm asking.

Last edited:

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
If we could have discussion about SSB4 DLC in the DLC discussion thread instead of needless drama that'd be great.
With that said:
Let's talk about Alternate Costumes.
Yes there's some obvious ones like Dry Bowser and Great Lord Lucina but there's a lot more potential there.
Such as Original Shadow Dragon Marth and Outset Toon Link.

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
If we could have discussion about SSB4 DLC in the DLC discussion thread instead of needless drama that'd be great.
With that said:
Let's talk about Alternate Costumes.
Yes there's some obvious ones like Dry Bowser and Great Lord Lucina but there's a lot more potential there.
Such as Original Shadow Dragon Marth and Outset Toon Link.
How about the original gaming girl?

D

Deleted member

Okay well it's not my problem so I'm not saying anymore but I hope all goes well.

Anyway 8-Bit Mario for Mario and a Raichu recolor for Pikachu would be grand DLC costumes.

8-peacock-8

Smash Hero
So i was thinking, what if we did get a second character from Namco, SEGA, or Square? But we can only have one out of this selection. (Because Ballot choices and all that)

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
I doubt DLC costumes will be a thing, but you never know...

If it happens, I want Spirit Tracks Toon Link and Evil Ryu.

Don't care for the rest, those two are the one I want most.

. . .

I guess I'd like Dry Bowser too for my main :lol:

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
Kingdom Hearts Cloud would be pretty good actually.
And if Snake returns give him a Tuxedo.

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
What happened last night again...? Konami getting called out?
What happened last night was that an award for Hideo Kojima was called out... But a lawyer from Japan said that he couldn't go because Konami wouldn't let him... So he couldn't get the award and instead Keither Sutherland had to get the award for him... It's sad really.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom