• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official General Post-DLC Discussion [Closed]

Status
Not open for further replies.

WaddleKing

Smash Ace
NNID
Nassim250
They've added a good amount of female characters this time around though, only one i really feel is missing is Dixie Kong. How many villains did we get? 1 ( If you exclude the alts ), 2 if you count Dark Pit. I mean if people are willing to have Captain Syrup added we'd have both :p.

TheDarkKnightNoivern

Smash Master
They've added a good amount of female characters this time around though, only one i really feel is missing is Dixie Kong. How many villains did we get? 1 ( If you exclude the alts ), 2 if you count Dark Pit. I mean if people are willing to have Captain Syrup added we'd have both :p.
Or Dark Samus. Or Medusa.

Honestly, why cut ZSS when we can have all 3? Metroid deserves more.
Because ZSS is a completely random choice with almost no importance to the games. Her only real appearances worth a damn are Zero Mission and Other M. . .both where she is supposed to feel weak .. not powerful like she is portrayed in Smash (being stroner than power suit samus is dumb). If we need a 3rd Metroid character Dark Samus is a better choice. By the time we would get a 4th rep Sylux would probably be a better choice too.

She could have been represented fine as a trophy :/

/rage
2 if you count Dark Pit.
Which you shouldn't because Dark Pit is not in any way a villain ;)

WaddleKing

Smash Ace
NNID
Nassim250
Because ZSS is a completely random choice with almost no importance to the games. Her only real appearances worth a damn are Zero Mission and Other M. . .both where she is supposed to feel weak .. not powerful like she is portrayed in Smash (being stroner than power suit samus is dumb). If we need a 3rd Metroid character Dark Samus is a better choice. By the time we would get a 4th rep Sylux would probably be a better choice too.

/rage

He's not really a hero either, Meta Knight, Wario, DDD and Mewtwo aren't really villains either yet i see people count them at times.

I suppose DDD is somewhat of a villain, but he's more so just a boss character not having much evil intentions and a lot of times just being misunderstood and in actually has a pure heart.

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
He's not really a hero either, Meta Knight, Wario, DDD and Mewtwo aren't really villains either yet i see people count them at times.

I suppose DDD is somewhat of a villain, but he's more so just a boss character not having much evil intentions and actually has a pure heart.
Anyone who counts those as villains need a smack. There's this archetype called 'Anti-hero'

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
Because gender equality is obviously a worthwhile subject to bring up in regards to discussion of downloadable content for a fighting game.

Jesus.

WaddleKing

Smash Ace
NNID
Nassim250
Wario was an actual villain in Brawl, though...
Well...Wario is Wario. He's probably the most "evil" out of these characters, but for the most part he just does things only for himself because of how greedy he is. Even in his own games he does this at times, such as keeping all the money to himself at the end of WarioWare Mega Microgames. Still an anti hero.

Sceptile4Smash

Smash Ace
NNID
waterbottle12

/rage

I don't think relevance or appearances is needed to be in Smash.
:4marth: wasn't the main character in awakening. Same with :4feroy: and :4myfriends:.
:4sheik: hasn't been in a main Zelda game for years, yet she is still in.
:4duckhunt:, :4gaw:, and :4falcon: haven't had a game in years.
:4pit: wasn't even relevant when Brawl came out.
And some others...
I see your point but ZSS has appeared in Other M, the most recent Metroid game at the moment. :bluejump:

Edit: Can we start talking about DLC now?

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
:4marth: wasn't the main character in awakening. Same with :4feroy: and :4myfriends:.
And some others...
I see your point but ZSS has appeared in Other M, the most recent Metroid game at the moment. :bluejump:
Marth is the second most reoccuring character
Sheik was in the remake and planned for TP
Pit's game had a GBA rerelease before Brawl, which Sakurai noted on as a reason for his inclusion alongside Takamaru's potential inclusion iirc

Burruni

Smash Hero
Anyone who counts those as villains need a smack. There's this archetype called 'Anti-hero'
I count :4mewtwo: as a villain. Sorry but the only time I've seen Mewtwo portrayed with any positive light is the weird feminine MMY from the Genosect film. He's played up as one just as much as :4ganondorf: and :4bowser: in Smash, as well as the first two gens when he was chosen. Arguably the most "malicious" Pokemon we have, and we have one that's meant to be the embodiment of Death!

That said, calling :4wario2: a villain is like calling :4dk: one at this point. In fact, DK has an entire spin-off series as the main villain where Wario was only so in Mario & Wario alongside SML2: 6 Golden Coins. He's a glorious cheater but he's no villain.

And some others...
Oni was talking about adding her in Brawl.

In Brawl, the 5 most recent Metroid games were the Prime Trilogy, Hunters, and Fusion. 6 if you wanna count the Pinball game.

At that time, ZSS had appeared once, and was comparatively an "odd" choice to just putting in Ridley who had clear massive support and had the ever-requested niche of being a villain.

Edit: Marth was the only character to be in more than 1 FE game when he was added, the face of the series. The games that got an entire anime.

Sheik got in because of the transformation gimmick and was still from a recent and very relevant Zelda game.

F-Zero was BIG in the N64 era.

Mr. G&W, Icies, Pit, ROB, and Duck Hunt are SPECIFICALLY PICKED RETRO CHARACTERS. Don't use them in a "muh relevancy" or "muh recency" counter-argument.

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
I count :4mewtwo: as a villain. Sorry but the only time I've seen Mewtwo portrayed with any positive light is the weird feminine MMY from the Genosect film. He's played up as one just as much as :4ganondorf: and :4bowser: in Smash, as well as the first two gens when he was chosen. Arguably the most "malicious" Pokemon we have, and we have one that's meant to be the embodiment of Death!

That said, calling :4wario2: a villain is like calling :4dk: one at this point. In fact, DK has an entire spin-off series as the main villain where Wario was only so in Mario & Wario alongside SML2: 6 Golden Coins. He's a glorious cheater but he's no villain.

Oni was talking about adding her in Brawl.

In Brawl, the 5 most recent Metroid games were the Prime Trilogy, Hunters, and Fusion. 6 if you wanna count the Pinball game.

At that time, ZSS had appeared once, and was comparatively an "odd" choice to just putting in Ridley who had clear massive support and had the ever-requested niche of being a villain.
Yeah, but Mewtwo's a pokemon. They all pledge loyalty to their trainers and like them. Not to mention the fourth movie and how Mewtwo changed sides.
Off topic question, can anyone help me with something? I want a gif but don't have the software nor knowledge for it

[Obnoxshush/Dasshizer]

Off floating somewhere
Wario didn't get the **** beaten out of him to join the hero's side iirc. He just wanted his own amiibo collection
* Since they didn't add Waluigi as a fighter, Wario decides to destroy all the fighters until he's the only one left. Then he will hold them all for ransom until Waluigi is added, and he gets paid a **** ton of money* Wario was never actually seen with any of the other antagonists in Subspace, even though in the prologue it states he is allied with them.

WaddleKing

Smash Ace
NNID
Nassim250
The only time Mewtwo was really portrayed as a villain was in the first Pokemon movie, but even then he turned good at the end and was just scared and confused about the humans using Pokemon to fight. He's just like most other powerful legendaries, hostile, unless you capture him. He classifies more as an anti hero than a villain.

D

Deleted member

Bowser, and Ganondorf are villains that much is obvious, Wario's just greedy he only looks out for himself, King Dedede, has been evil as he's tried to rule Dreamland before being stopped by Kirby but he is not truly bad. Metaknight's just a rival to Kirby not really bad. And Mewtwo wants to be left alone so yeah their more anti-heroes. Then anything.

Lady Kuki

Smash Journeyman
NNID
PetraRal01
3DS FC
4854-7185-6306
Speaking of villains, are there anymore iconic villains left to be added to Smash? KKR is all I got. Most of the other villains lack relevancy in their series, or popularity. That's just me though. Obviously, I haven't played every Nintendo game out there, so I couldn't tell you what villains need to be added to Smash. :B

Last edited:

Burruni

Smash Hero
Eh, Wario was more like a cocky, greedy jerk, like's he always been.
Basically gets tricked into working for Master Hand because he's greedy and dumb.
Wario just wanted Amiibos before Nintendo could annoucne 'em!

Do you understand how much he could make on the scalping market selling amiibos before they got officially released?!

Speaking of villains, are there anymore iconic villains to be added to Smash? KKR is all I got. Most of the other villains lack relevancy in their series, or popularity. That's just me though. Obviously, I haven't played every Nintendo game out there, so I couldn't tell you what villains need or don't need to be added to Smash. :B
G-A-N-O-N (also Ridley)

Last edited:

WaddleKing

Smash Ace
NNID
Nassim250
King Dedede, has been evil as he's tried to rule Dreamland before being stopped by Kirby but he is not truly bad..
He does actually rule Dreamland i believe, sort of, he doesn't really rule anyone around except for his Waddle Dees and Waddle Doos.
He's stole Dreamland's food once in Kirby's Dreamland ( Spring Breeze is a remake so doesn't count ) and stolen the stars of Dreamland in multiple early spin offs. But even then he's done a lot of good things such as trying to stop Nightmare from reawakening, being Kirby's ally on occasions and i'm not sure if this counts but he did help a puppy mother recover in this http://kirby.wikia.com/wiki/Mario_Kirby_Masterpiece.
Now if we're talking about his anime counterpart that's a whole different story.

Sceptile4Smash

Smash Ace
NNID
waterbottle12
Speaking of villains, are there anymore iconic villains left to be added to Smash? KKR is all I got. Most of the other villains lack relevancy in their series, or popularity. That's just me though. Obviously, I haven't played every Nintendo game out there, so I couldn't tell you what villains need to be added to Smash. :B
Ganon (Not Ganondorf) Ridley and Eggman.
I know Eggman isn't Nintendo but he's still an iconic villain.

Ganon
Ridley

Maybe Andross (probably impossible in current state anyway. Also falls under lacking popularity)

Zerp

Formerly "ZeroSoul"
Administrator
Writing Team
Speaking of villains, are there anymore iconic villains to be added to Smash? KKR is all I got. Most of the other villains lack relevancy in their series, or popularity. That's just me though. Obviously, I haven't played every Nintendo game out there, so I couldn't tell you what villains need or don't need to be added to Smash. :B
Aside from the obligatory Eggman, Ridley, Porky, and Ganon, I'd argue Dark Matter from Kirby is big enough, he doesn't have any recent direct appearances, however he's not only the secondary antagonist of the series, the character is strongly implied to be directly related to and/or controlling, Dark Mind, Magolor Soul, Dark Crafter (seriously this name couldn't make it any more obvious). Not to mention that whenever the character appears it ends up being higher than Dedede every time, either Dedede gets possessed and/or has to team up with Kirby, basically put, while Dedede appears the most often, Dark Matter's the bigger bad guy in the grand scheme of things and is the primary threat in the series. (Yet he doesn't even have a trophy)

Last edited:

[Obnoxshush/Dasshizer]

Off floating somewhere
Do you mean just villains for smash 4 or villains for the entire smash series?

WaddleKing

Smash Ace
NNID
Nassim250
Kamek?
Dark Samus?
Not the most iconic nor really popular, but it's a few ideas.

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
Andross from Star Fox.

Give him a body, have his Final Smash be the Assist Trophy that spits blocks.

Last edited:

CodeBlue_

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW-2347-7011-5339
I don't really think any woman here plays as female characters just because they're female. I'm Italian, but that doesn't mean I necessarily want to play as Mario or Luigi.
Playing exclusively female characters is more of a coincidence then a rule though. Some players just prefer playing Peach, Samus or Rosalina over other characters. They technically are only playing female characters, but it's not simply because they are female. It's more that they like the character itself.

It's like how some Kirby fans play exclusively Kirby characters, how some FE fans (or just fans of Marth/Roy/Ike in general) play exclusively FE characters and how fans of specific pokemon (Lucario and Charizard come to mind) exclusively play as them. They just like the character.

It really applies to all players that are devoted to specific character(s).

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
What's that?

Need more villains?
Need more females?
Need more Metroid?

Well there is just one obvious solution!!

Lady Kuki

Smash Journeyman
NNID
PetraRal01
3DS FC
4854-7185-6306
Aside from the obligatory Eggman, Ridley, Porky, and Ganon, I'd argue Dark Matter from Kirby is big enough, he doesn't have any recent direct appearances, however he's not only the secondary antagonist of the series, the character is strongly implied to be directly related to and/or controlling, Dark Mind, Magolor Soul, Dark Crafter (seriously this name couldn't make it any more obvious). Not to mention that whenever the character appears it ends up being higher than Dedede every time, either Dedede gets possessed and/or has to team up with Kirby, basically put, while Dedede appears the most often, Dark Matter's the bigger bad guy in the grand scheme of things and is the primary threat in the series. (Yet he doesn't even have a trophy)
Oh my gosh, I'd love to have Dark Matter. He'd be so cool. I just want a Kirby character from the Dreamland era. He or Adeleine would be dope. More Kirby characters in general would be nice. :D
Kamek?
Dark Samus?
Not the most iconic nor really popular, but it's a few ideas.
Kamek could be interesting. I don't see him nearly as iconic as Bowser though, so I can't see Sakurai adding him in. I don't play Metroid, so I also couldn't tell you whether Dark Samus would be plausible or not. How many games has she (or it) appeared in?
Do you mean just villains for smash 4 or villains for the entire smash series?
Sorry! I didn't specify! I meant villains for Smash 4. Villains that have a chance of getting into Smash 4 or any other Smash game in the future. I see people have mentioned villains like Dr. Robotnik/Eggman. He is definitely iconic, but I can't see Sakurai adding another Sonic character. People have also said Ridley, but I can't see him as possible either, due to being deconfirmed like crazy.

Bowser Jr. was given a machine.
That he uses in other games.

Adding a body to a character never portrayed having and is iconic for being bodyless(even if he had one at a point) != giving a character one of their weapons.
Oh my gosh, I'd love to have Dark Matter. He'd be so cool. I just want a Kirby character from the Dreamland era. He or Adeleine would be dope. More Kirby characters in general would be nice. :D

Kamek could be interesting. I don't see him nearly as iconic as Bowser though, so I can't see Sakurai adding him in. I don't play Metroid, so I also couldn't tell you whether Dark Samus would be plausible or not. How many games has she (or it) appeared in?

Sorry! I didn't specify! I meant villains for Smash 4. Villains that have a chance of getting into Smash 4 or any other Smash game in the future. I see people have mentioned villains like Dr. Robotnik/Eggman. He is definitely iconic, but I can't see Sakurai adding another Sonic character. People have also said Ridley, but I can't see him as possible either, due to being deconfirmed like crazy.
Dark Samus appears in Prime 2 and 3. Main antagonist of 3
also the final boss of Prime 1 I believe but in a completely different form and with a different name
Unfortunately it seems the creator does not wish to use them anymore and "their story is over"

Last edited:

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
Here is my old pre-Brawl moveset for Andross. I argued for him over Wolf, who ended up in the game. Notice how I predicted Sheik's grenade move.

The ape would wear a belt with gadgets, devices, and potions holstered and strapped on. He would have a leather vest with a V neck split to allow his furry chest hair to stick out. Also goggles would be mounted on his hair and he would have a black cloak. Andross would also have metal gloves with thrusters located on the palm. The thrusters would act kinda like jetpacks allowing Andross to jump high and float a little of the floor like Mewtwo. The thrusters would also allow him to propel his punches, making him stronger then he would be. He would be a floaty character unless you press down while he was in the air. Then the engines would shut off and the metal gloves would make him a fast faller.

Walk: His hands would be at his sides with the thrusters on. Blue fire would expel from his palms and he would slowly foot a few inches off the ground toward his oppenent.

Run: Andross holds his hands behind him and the thrusters shoot out longer flames propelling Andross forward at a high speed similar to Pichu's. Terrible at quick turns.

Running A: Andross would bring his hands forward to clap at the enemy. The movement of his thruster enabled gloves would make his jolt backwards a little distance as he clapped. Sends oppenent forward. Good for setting some distance between fighters.

A: Punch
AA: Punch and then extended palm
AAA: Punch, then extended palm, then another extended palm
AAAA:punch, one extended palm plant, then another, then the thrusters would turn on really quick propelling Andross backwards a few feet.

>A: Andross hovers with hands at the side and kicks at the oppenent

^A: Andross uppercuts, thruster turns on, and Andross lifts a foot higher off the floor before thruster snaps off and he descends back into hovering position, when the thruster turns back on.

Duck: Thrusters turn off and Andross crouches on the floor.
Down A: Thrusters turn on quickly, making Andross to a quick spin while crouching with one foot stuck out. Accelerated Sweep kick.

Forward Smash: Swings one arm around in a full circle with thruster on leaving a trail of fire. Metal fist crashes to the floor. If A is pressed again, his other glove thruster will turn on and repeat the pattern going forward.

Down Smash: Andross clasps his gloves together and hammerfists the ground making the floor ripple in a set circumference around him. Sends oppenents upwards. Some rocks and debris might pop up and hover a foot in the air for a few seconds after for effect only.

Up Smash: Andross Machine gun punches upward, juggiling the oppenent

Down B: Andross's cape whirls outward. Flat Metal rectangles come flying out from the background and form steps for Andross to walk on. Five blocks come out. Andross can walk back and forth or just one way or even diagnol. This could be used to make a cieling so oppenents can't jump upward to get back on stage. Andross falls afterwards and can't use moves until he hits the ground.

Forward B: Andross throws a Vortex Grenade from his belt. It explodes after seven seconds. Could be picked up and thrown by others. Only one Grenade could be on the floor at a time. When it explodes it makes a blackish blue sphere which sucks in anyone nearby including Andross. Radius like Kirby's except all the way around the sphere. Does damage and keeps person in place like Young Link's Up B spin. Good way to trap oppenents.

B: Andross extends both palms forward and a green grid shaped like a metal rectangle block shoots out. If B is pressed while the green grid is going forward it will solidify into a metal step rotating forward in the air. If it hits an oppenent it will smash and do damage to the enemy. If the oppenent has a high percentage it might carry the enemy with it for a few moments before cracking and exploding. Only one could be out at a time.

Up B: Andross does a backflip and disappears into a blue vortex. You could angle the direction of his reapperance like Zelda's Up B. Except it is about half as long.

Air Battle:

Nuetral A: Does a Midair flip similar to Captain Falcon's Up A. But much weaker.
Forward A: Midair slap with metal glove.
Backward A: Andross extends one arm backwards and his glove spews out a spout of fire to rack up damage on oppenent. Sends Andross forwards a little.
Down A: Does a split in the air with his legs and throws one heavy gloved hand downwards between open legs. Meteor Smash.
Up A: Andross reaches upward with a metal glove in a grabbing motion. If he hits an oppenent he throws them downward. Down throw is weak, oppenent goes underneath Andross setting him up for a down A move.

Andross Throws: Grabs oppenent with metal glove.
A: Burns oppenent with thrusters on glove.
Forward: Skids forward on feet briefly before swinging his arm in a full circle still clutching the enemy and finally releasing him forward in an arch. A little further then Mario's forward throw but due to arch harder to die from.
Backward: Quick throw backwards. Straight trajectory.
Downward: Throws oppenent to the ground and machine gun punches their body until they jolt upwards.
Upward: Andross teleports the oppenent a few feet above him. Oppenent disappears in a flash of blue and then a portal opens above Andross. At this point the oppenent could jump or attack once he or she exits telport.

WaddleKing

Smash Ace
NNID
Nassim250
I'm not much of a Metroid player myself, i've played some games but only one i actually got around to beat was Fusion. I believe she appears in 2 Metroid games, but she seems to be an icon for the Prime series.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom