• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official General Post-DLC Discussion [Closed]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
That he uses in other games.

Adding a body to a character never portrayed having and is iconic for being bodyless(even if he had one at a point) != giving a character one of their weapons.
What about Duck hunt. The trio of gunner, duck, and dog were never on the same side. But the trio represents the game.

Andross, with a body and huge metal gloves and ability to create spinning blocks, could represent the boss battle.

Burruni

Smash Hero
What about Duck hunt. The trio of gunner, duck, and dog were never on the same side. But the trio represents the game.

Andross, with a body and huge metal gloves and ability to create spinning blocks, could represent the boss battle.
All three were components of the game, even if not on the same side.
It's not fabricating any part of the body.
If Duck Hunt Dog had giant duck wings instead of a duck partner it'd be comparable.

Speaking of villains, are there anymore iconic villains left to be added to Smash? KKR is all I got. Most of the other villains lack relevancy in their series, or popularity. That's just me though. Obviously, I haven't played every Nintendo game out there, so I couldn't tell you what villains need to be added to Smash. :B
Ganon, Ridley, King K. Rool, Kamek.

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
She appears in Metroid Prime 2 and 3.
She's the main antagonist in both.
3 yes...while in 2 technically the Ing where the main antagonists since they were the ones causing all the problems for the Luminoth on Aether...either way she still had a huge presence in the game even being the final boss...Dark Samus may as well have been the main antagonist, but the Ing were still the driving force in the game's story...

Last edited:

Aetheri

Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
After mentioning the Ing...I'm thinking of how awesome they could've been as Smash Run enemies...

CodeBlue_

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW-2347-7011-5339
Dark Samus brings up something I think we forget.

Assist Trophies

I think people assume Assist Trophies are "sorry, we couldn't put your character in". This probably makes sense for Waluigi and Takamaru, but for different reasons. Sakurai has directly shown his reluctance to add them as playable fighters. So these characters are "deconfirmed" not be because they are ATs but because Sakurai directly ruled them out.

DLC allows some Assist Trophies to have at least a slim chance. It will probably be difficult to differentiate an assist trophy from a playable character, but there is always the possibility of a playable fighter getting a new design. That's probably grasping straws though.

I mean they're probably more likely than the indie chars. Why not discuss them?
:023:

Edit: Is Dark Samus canonically considered female? She's a clone of Samus, but is she even human or humanoid?

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
Fox was given moves to replicate the feeling of playing an Arwing.

I think Andross's anthropomorphic form can be used, if the character represents his boss battle.

WaddleKing

Smash Ace
NNID
Nassim250

Assist Trophies

I think people assume Assist Trophies are "sorry, we couldn't put your character in". This probably makes sense for Waluigi and Takamaru, but for different reasons. Sakurai has directly shown his reluctance to add them as playable fighters. So these characters are "deconfirmed" not be because they are ATs but because Sakurai directly ruled them out.

DLC allows some Assist Trophies to have at least a slim chance. It will probably be difficult to differentiate an assist trophy from a playable character, but there is always the possibility of a playable fighter getting a new design. That's probably grasping straws though.

Edit: Is Dark Samus canonically considered female? She's a clone of Samus, but is she even human or humanoid?
The Space Pirate Data calls her a she.
Source: http://www.metroidwiki.org/wiki/Dark_Samus#cite_note-Stowaway-2

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Fox was given moves to replicate the feeling of playing an Arwing.

I think Andross's anthropomorphic form can be used, if the character represents his boss battle.
First of all, outside of Blasters, I demand comparisons for the specials. Second, how would you do that? It's not like Bowser or Ridley in which both have a large variety of moves that work in Smash

Burruni

Smash Hero
First of all, outside of Blasters, I demand comparisons for the specials. Second, how would you do that? It's not like Bowser or Ridley in which both have a large variety of moves that work in Smash
1) Reflectors represent the spinny move thing where you get the blue pixel bits around you
2) Fire Fox is totally shifting up on the throttle

Iunno.

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
Shield, boost, and blasters. His old Forward Smash was a spinning kick almost like a barrel roll.

Simple. Give Andross a pair of large metal gloves with boosters on the palm. He also has the abilities to walk on metal blocks and shoot green grids that can manifest into metal blocks.

There is a moveset I posted a page back.

Last edited:

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442

Assist Trophies

I don't know if they're more likely than indie characters.
But if I had to choose the most likely Assist Trophies to get promoted:

1. Ridley - Because he's ****ing Ridley. If he was added, it would probably a redesign of the original Ridley (the Other M one is technically a clone).

2. Takamaru - The only reason he was passed on is due to a lack of overseas notoriety, but with Smash and The Mysterious Murasame Castle getting released worldwide, those issues are gone.

3. Midna (and Wolf Link) - Relevant thanks to Hyrule Warriors and Twilight Princess HD, even having an amiibo. Also, she's extremely popular among Zelda fans, like no contest.

4. Chrom - A very popular character who gets around outside Smash (#FE and Project X Zone). Chrom easily could be semi-cloned from Marth or Ike.

These are the only characters with in-game roles I think have a chance at being added at all.
You can distinguish Ridley from the boss version by his model and palette.
You can distinguish Midna by the fact the playable version rides Wolf Link (or use Midna's "shadow" as the AT when's in use)
You can distinguish Chrom by giving him his #FE or Great Lord outfit.

Not sure what to do about Takamaru, although they could give him a redesign like Pit.

Aetheri

Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304

Assist Trophies

I've almost given up on Dark Samus for DLC considering how badly she's been buried recently and how little Sakurai has given the Primes in smash :(
But there's a glimmer of hope for Midna!!!(still not holding my breathe)

And yes in game Dark Samus is female due to absorbing Samus' DNA (though she is not really a clone)

Last edited:

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
DLC talk, eh? *reads thread title* I'm so dumb! :facepalm:

Anyway, what would you guys want as stages for DLC?

I'd personally like a Bowser stage, a Wii U-exclusive Splatoon stage, some stages that were planned before being scrapped and a bunch of stages from the other versions as free DLC.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Honestly, if my theory is correct and Midna does appear in Zelda Wii U and it's connected to the amiibo in some way...that's pretty good news for her fans.

I can easily see a Smash 4 "Ultimate Edition" for Wii U which cuts some deconfirmed character's in-game roles and replaces them with the actual characters, such as Midna, Takamaru, and Chrom.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior

I'd personally like a Bowser stage, a Wii U-exclusive Splatoon stage, some stages that were planned before being scrapped and a bunch of stages from the other versions as free DLC.
Poke Floats. Would also like Norion, a stage that after the floor takes enough damage, the fighters shift into an 'air fight' sequence for a while in which the fighters are stuck in the air. Would be good for teaching players how to spike

I feel like we just did this yesterday. Or maybe im confusing the other character discussion thread.

Phendrana Drifts (Metroid Prime) *
Skytown (Metroid Prime 3)*
Reset Bomb Depot (Kid Icarus Uprising)
Blossom City (Wonderful 101)**
A silhouette level from DKCR

Anchiem (Bravely Default)*
Courtroom (Ace Attorney series)
Gold Saucer (FF7)

* even if just for the music
**buses, rooftops, Virgin Victory I dont care. As long as it is within the city limits.

Why a series like Metroid that has such a focus for its environments has such a poor stage list is beyond me.

And yes I understand none of these are reasonable.

Last edited:

Lady Kuki

Smash Journeyman
NNID
PetraRal01
3DS FC
4854-7185-6306
I don't really care for stages. They're just icing on the cake for me. I'm more of a character person.

Also, haven't we spoken about most wanted stages yesterday? *scratches head*

Aetheri

Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304

Phendrana Drifts
Sanctuary Fortress
Skytown
Clock Town
Lorule Castle
Tetris
Fountain of Dreams
Poke Floats
Saffron City
Sky Pillar
Mario Strikers
Fourside
Brinstar Depths

...and a partridge in a pear tree...

Last edited:

TheDarkKnightNoivern

Smash Master

I still really want a Tropical Freeze stage, why doesn't smash 4 have any ice stages?

WaddleKing

Smash Ace
NNID
Nassim250
Summit was alright, pretty fun for casual play. Now the other Ice Climber stage in the other hand...Urgh. All still better than Rumble Falls.
I'd love to have Fountain of Dreams back, but i also want some more representation of modern Kirby. Still pretty disappointed at the lack of Masked Dedede as final smash.

SuperSceptile15

Smash Lord
There are people who said the Brawl music playing at the end of Cloud's trailer was hinting at getting a Brawl veteran or something like the SSE, but I think it was just because Nobuo Uematsu composed the Brawl theme as well as the music in FF7.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
How dare you! That stage was so fun, or should I say...cool :shades:

I'll leave now
Oi, it wasn't cool. According to a furry friend of mine, the Polar Bear was pretty damn hot. Now get yo ass back here before I go Nobunaga and make moar puns

Another stage I'd like to see is Big Blue. I missed it more than Pirate Ship and I can't be the only one who wants it back

TheDarkKnightNoivern

Smash Master
Oi, it wasn't cool. According to a furry friend of mine, the Polar Bear was pretty damn hot. Now get yo *** back here before I go Nobunaga and make moar puns

Another stage I'd like to see is Big Blue. I missed it more than Pirate Ship and I can't be the only one who wants it back
Ew...

Also, How are your stage choices so bad?

I kid, I kid
Kinda

Last edited:

MarioMeteor

Smash Hero
NNID
BGenius23
3DS FC
0662-2900-1492
There are people who said the Brawl music playing at the end of Cloud's trailer was hinting at getting a Brawl veteran or something like the SSE, but I think it was just because Nobuo Uematsu composed the Brawl theme as well as the music in FF7.
I was watching shofu's Japan Time podcast. Somebody said the Brawl theme playing meant that Tabuu was going to be a newcomer.

D

Deleted member

King K. Rool, Andross, Ridley, Dr. Eggman would be great villains added.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom