• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

General ICs Q&A Thread

BacklashMarth

Smash Lord
^*muy*

@FrozenPopo

I like the faster CG anyway because some ppl manage to break out of the grab so easily. I figure a good 6 throws to a whiff is ok rather than having the opponent break out and get 0% ftl. I just shoot for 5-7 grabs and go for ice lock for lulz (at least thats usually what i end up doing).

Smasher89

Smash Lord
lol, from what I´ve heard Icelock is escapable and therefor not worth using unless like in some random poolmatches you´ll win anyway, it´s better to charge a Fsmash and have the opoturnity to mess up the opponents DI then doing 3-15 more damage with iceblocks.
But that´s just my opinion, do it if it´s reliable for you^^

l!nk_aut

Smash Journeyman
ice lock can be teched / smash di´d

cg > icelock.

why wasting a grab when you can get a 100% kill.

Barge

All I want is a custom title
Ice lock is inescapable, until you reach an edge or get attacked.
But to get INTO an ice lock, (when you get forced on the ground) is easily tech'd.

Cold Fusion

ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ JIGGLYPUFF OR RIOT ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ
Ice block locks are possible against a wall.

lain

Smash Master
d'awwww Meep you're so nice :]

I can't really say who's better then who, but I know that we are both probably the two best.

meepxzero

Smash Master
haha <3 lain

i agree its hard to kinda determine it since we both play differently.

I still think your better because i learned a lot from ur ic and ur grab games a lot better than mine.

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
IBL's don't work on walls if your opponent knows how to DI them correctly. They can just smash DI the blocks till they get behind you. It's pretty easy actually.

X-FACTOR

Smash Journeyman
Hey guys! Is it only Texas right now that has a limit/Ban on the IC chains? Also I'm not sure if It's been asked, but do you think they will eventually get banned altogether. I know people hate the infinite, and Chudat, I herd was fighting to get them ban (well him and everybody that's not an IC main). Even without them, I'll still play IC. I just think they're so Frigging awesome!

If they were to get banned...

Would you continue to play them, and why?
Would you switch out?
Who would you switch to, and why?.

Let me know what you guys think I'd like to get your opinions.

Kage Me

Smash Ace
I know my country doesn't have a limit on IC infinites, and I doubt we ever will.
I would definitely continue to play as Ice Climbers. I don't rely on chaingrabs that much anyway.
I would not switch out, in case you couldn't tell from the answer to the previous question =p
And if I would switch, I'd switch to one of my other mains. I have 7, so it won't be that big of a loss.

On a side note, we should be allowed 7 smilies in our signatures <_<

Dev2000

Smash Lord
Well i live in the same country as Kage Me so they arent banned or limited
when theyre liimited i switch out to lucas or diddy just because i main them aswell
i really cant play when something is limited

By the way since when arent we allowed to have 7 smilies in our signature?

meepxzero

Smash Master
i closed my thread i kinda was trying to discuss what would ic mains do if it did get banned or limited.

honestly taking the infinite away turns them from one of the best characters to the mix of unusable characters in brawl. It makes no sense to take it away and just takes away fromt he competitive aspect of brawl. If metaknight stays in the game by all means the infinite should stay. We still lose to good mks and snakes.

I myself would probably look for another character to play because ice climbers would lose that fear factor they once had.

Teh Future

Smash Master
I would main diddy for most matchups if CGs were banned but I would definitely still use IC some. Even without infinites you can **** people up if you grab them.

X-FACTOR

Smash Journeyman
i closed my thread i kinda was trying to discuss what would ic mains do if it did get banned or limited.

honestly taking the infinite away turns them from one of the best characters to the mix of unusable characters in brawl. It makes no sense to take it away and just takes away fromt he competitive aspect of brawl. If metaknight stays in the game by all means the infinite should stay. We still lose to good mks and snakes.

I myself would probably look for another character to play because ice climbers would lose that fear factor they once had.
I agree, that they would lose that fear factor! Now that you mention it, most of my opponents **** there pants and run away the entire match...LOL!:laugh:

Honestly though, if a character can't be all that they can be in the game whats the point of fighting! Putting limitations is just bringing the game down IMO. I can understand if its game breaking (Freezing the game, or making it utterly impossible to play) then that's when you have to draw the line. Other than that ... DON'T GET GRABBED! :)

But that's just my opionon.

Playing the devil advocate on myself. One could say numerous other things they should allow in, like Meta Knights infinite dimensional cape trick. Seeing as it doesn't hinder game play...

You guys let me know what you think!

Kage Me

Smash Ace
IDC doesn't hinder gameplay...?

On a side note, did anyone know that CPUs can perform the IDC? One of them did it to me on Distant Planet. Then he reappeared during the rain and SD'd, , but the point still stands.

l!nk_aut

Smash Journeyman
u need to walk with popo a little bit so nana does a sliding shield instead of grab. also it has something to do with the timing idk. chibi knows that

Dev2000

Smash Lord
It has something to do with the timing link when you buttonmash grab or something or grab to early or when your controller is a ****up like mine
that hasnt occured to me outside of training mode so idk

Vlade it's Chibi iceclimbers An ice climbers player visiting this boards

momochuu

Smash Legend
NNID
Momochuu
3DS FC
2380-3247-9039
It's probably something with the buffering system too. It's really dumb.

Vlade

Social Outcast
Yeah, it seemed to happen a lot in training mode but I have still found that it occurred during friendlies I was playing the other day.

It's really annoying because it ruins my chances of finishing the chaingrab >_>

At least you guys know about a 'workaround'. Just gotta work on timing (as usual) :p

Little England

Smash Master
Purdue, W Lafayette IN Rancho Cucamonga, SoCal
I was playing ICs today and tried to figure out how to desynch on command cause I never knew how. So figured out a fast way to do it

Press Left Right/Right Left to get a quick dash dance>then roll away from opponent. It makes Nana roll away from you(towards the opponent) leaving you to do any attack.

Is this new or old?

DUB

Smash Lord
Ice Climbers Boards I have a question. I'm sure it's been stated before, however, I could not find it. I think the Ice Climbers are the best secondary in the game. To me, if you can adjust yourself to the timing of infintes for your characters bad matchups then the problem is immediately solved. All you have to do is land that grab. My main has a few bad matchups ( Marth, Luigi, Falco ) that I've been trying to learn how to chaingrab.

I know everyone is about to say " you should learn desynchs and other techniques first. nubs focus on just grabs" but if you can grab someone and end up killing them that seems like more then enough reason to me fiend for the grab. Eventually, I will learn all the IC's tricks but for now here is my question:

I don't know a lot about the IC's but for me I can chaingrab Marth easily with the B-throw --> D-throw rinse and repeat. The timing for Marth and Luigi are similar to me.

However some characters are harder ( Fox >.< ) and the b-throw --> d-throw doesnt work as good for me.

Is there an easier way to throw heavy/fastfallers?

momochuu

Smash Legend
NNID
Momochuu
3DS FC
2380-3247-9039
That's funny. I've always considered Ice Climbers as a character that BEGS for a secondary. To each their own, hehe.

For heavies like Bowser and DK, I just buffer FThrow to BThrow. For heavies like ROB and Snake, I just BThrow hobble. Much easier in my opinion.

For fast fallers like Fox I don't even bother to BThrow them much. I hate the timing. I just DThrow chain them across the stage. >>;

Top Bottom