• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

General ICs Q&A Thread

C~Dog

Smash Champion
IMO ICs dont work well in doubles. They need room to cg, there are far more things that can interrupt desyncing, more things to kill nana, etc

I go kirbs for doubles. lol

meepxzero

Smash Master
lolol take lightweight characters to castle seige. Its funny as crap dthrow cging them off the edge of the stage.

Its like ic are the DDD for lightweights LOL. Too good!

gallax

Smash Hero
ok. so if im gonna CP a stage then its best to CP a stage such as castle siege then. sweet. that still doesnt answer my question though. i am teaming with an IC no matter what. who should i use?

snake?
pika?
zelda?
wario?

meepxzero

Smash Master
if you really wanna use ic in teams which i dont reccommend id pick an aerial base character so they dont get in ur way. Mainly wario, jiggs, gaw, marth, etc.

The worse are probably ground base characters. Snake, DDD, etc.

Also projectile characters are bad too.

Fly_Amanita

Master of Caribou
Oddly enough, the only time I've done really well in doubles at a big tournament was with an uber-campy Snake player. I didn't do much aside from blizzard and run away from explosives and that somehow worked out pretty well.

BC AL

Smash Journeyman
heyy i have a question for the ice climbers experts!
kk i looked at the matchup thread but theres no info about wolf
im supposedly playing one soon, so any advice?

X-FACTOR

Smash Journeyman
ok. so if im gonna CP a stage then its best to CP a stage such as castle siege then. sweet. that still doesnt answer my question though. i am teaming with an IC no matter what. who should i use?

snake?
pika?
zelda?
wario?

Galax dont worry, I'll be fine. I agree that IC aren't really good in teams, but I can and have made it work, lol (ask Mata). I can hold my own, and fight just as well as I can CG. Just keep the other guy off me and it should be smooth sailing.

We just need to play a few matches togther to see how we work.

Also don't worry about Nana if shes off the edge I'll take care of her. The key thing for me to do is to just stay in the middle of the stage and away from the edges, as I'm more likley to get gimped easier in doubles.

Smasher89

Smash Lord
Does anyone know which 0 ICs fsmash can make the opponent trip, because I think it has that property on low % since that happened to me yesterday, which means it could work as a grabsetup...

Cold Fusion

ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ JIGGLYPUFF OR RIOT ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ
Is it possible to SDI out of Standing Footstool Chaingrabs?

TR-ZeRo9

Smash Rookie
Is it possible to SDI out of Standing Footstool Chaingrabs?
You are talking about the Hobble right?.

Swordgard the past month said that its possible to SDI (QCDI) and ASDI to get out of the hobble.

I dont know if its true, because i have not tested it, but swordgard really knows about this stuff so its probably true, i would recomend you to go to this link so you can check his DI guide:

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=221969

And also PM him about your question, he can probably answer it.

Cold Fusion

ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ JIGGLYPUFF OR RIOT ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ
You are talking about the Hobble right?.

Swordgard the past month said that its possible to SDI (QCDI) and ASDI to get out of the hobble.

I dont know if its true, because i have not tested it, but swordgard really knows about this stuff so its probably true, i would recomend you to go to this link so you can check his DI guide:

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=221969

And also PM him about your question, he can probably answer it.
Actually, I'm not talking about hobbling. Watch the video to see what I am talking about.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BvM-oOnCsPg.

DemonicTrilogy

Smash Lord
For heavy weights, how do you prevent nana from doing a sliding grab when you back throw to nana regrab? Even though I can still chain people when this happens, I'm afraid of the tripping potential since I need to dash to keep the throw fast.

Dev2000

Smash Lord
For heavy weights, how do you prevent nana from doing a sliding grab when you back throw to nana regrab? Even though I can still chain people when this happens, I'm afraid of the tripping potential since I need to dash to keep the throw fast.
I mostly tilt the control stick slightly to keep her from dashing and you can still speed up the throw when doing so

TR-ZeRo9

Smash Rookie
Actually, I'm not talking about hobbling. Watch the video to see what I am talking about.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BvM-oOnCsPg.

LOL you were talking about that.

in the video popo grabs snake after nana has F-Aired so i dont really know if its possible to QCDI and ASDI to get out of that, but i think that its possibble to get out.

The thing is that if popo grabs in the hitlag frames of the opponent before he/she go very far because of his/she's SDI, its and infinite.

Again lol i suggest you asking swordgard (SWF) he plays IC's so he probably has an answer more complete.

Barge

All I want is a custom title
R.O.B. or Snake.
With the footstools ROB becomes 10x easier IMO, Snake is still incredibly difficult to CG.

Jigglypuff's timing is just weird, being the lightest character in the game you have to grab almost as soon as you throw xD

DZhou

Smash Journeyman
Do you have to shield in order to do the D-Throw => BThrow on light characters? Also, which on combos do u need to shield for?

I keep trying to learns ICs, but I always quit because I never get the grabs right...

Prawn

Smash Master
I'm a Diddy main looking to alt(or possible main) ice climbers. To be completely honest I'm interested because of the meta-**** I saw Lain perform at Apex :D

Anyways, what are some ways for me to start off training? What specific ATs should I be looking to master?(I assume chaingrab).

ChibiIceClimberz

Smash Ace
NNID
ch33bdragonite
3DS FC
5370-0405-0580
Do you have to shield in order to do the D-Throw => BThrow on light characters? Also, which on combos do u need to shield for?

I keep trying to learns ICs, but I always quit because I never get the grabs right...
Yes you have to shield or else Nana will automatically grab after you perform a grab. OR you could grab the characters at an early rate so she wouldn't grab so sudden.

Characters like Wario, Yoshi, etc. mid-heavy characters don't need to perform a shield since Nana won't grab after. (unless you grab too late)

TR-ZeRo9

Smash Rookie
I'm a Diddy main looking to alt(or possible main) ice climbers. To be completely honest I'm interested because of the meta-**** I saw Lain perform at Apex :D

Anyways, what are some ways for me to start off training? What specific ATs should I be looking to master?(I assume chaingrab).
I strongly suggest you that you master first to desync correctly and then go for the chaingrabs i suggest you those 3 links:

A thread with various links to very helpful Threads.
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=199966

Delphiki's IC's guide.
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=163483

And last but not least Kawaiis Bunny's IC's guide:
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=232593

Prawn

Smash Master

DZhou

Smash Journeyman
Yes you have to shield or else Nana will automatically grab after you perform a grab. OR you could grab the characters at an early rate so she wouldn't grab so sudden.

Characters like Wario, Yoshi, etc. mid-heavy characters don't need to perform a shield since Nana won't grab after. (unless you grab too late)
okay thx, I'm still having some trouble though. Could you tell me the button sequence for the D and Back chain on MK?

C~Dog

Smash Champion
okay thx, I'm still having some trouble though. Could you tell me the button sequence for the D and Back chain on MK?
Bthrow (back) -> Grab (z/r/whatever) -> Dthrow (down) -> realign Popo (forward) -> Grab (z/r/whatever)

Im starting to learn this one myself, and this is how it works for me. The important thing is to tilt the control stick so popo/nana dont dashgrab.

TR-ZeRo9

Smash Rookie
Ok.

MK for begginers IMO getting the timing for CG'ing MK can be very hard.

but when you get the hang of how to do it you will not fail very often :p.

The Input is the folowing:

B-Throw: you have bot IC's close to each other, do a B-Throw and a soon as nana has turned to the direction you have do the B-Throw press Z to Grab NOW (the problem with CG'ing MK is that you most likely wont Grab at the correct time keep in mind that you have to grab in the SOONEST moment).

D-Throw is a bit easy :p, as you are doing the D-Throw walk 2-3 stepts (very close) ad as you see that MK is "bouncing" from th D-Throw grab JUST in that moment and presto.

If you are meaning the D-Throw to B-Throwm, the d-throw is the same explanation that i give you, but on the B-Throw is a bit diferrent as nana is doing the B-Throw popo will turn back in that moment you have 2 options:

1.- wait that MK is in front of you a grab.

2.- Turn back again and grab as soon as MK starts to fly.

hope i helped, also watching Lain's videos belp alot to see and understand what im talking about.:)

Kain6th

Smash Ace
Maybe a silly question, but how do you have it so that when nana is holding someone popo can charge smash them without nana throwing them? Nana keeps throwing the person before i can use my fully charged smash.

Top Bottom