• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

General ICs Q&A Thread

meepxzero

Smash Master
or hold grab button i mean after u do the dthrow then drop the shield and go about with speed grabbing. Itll cancel out nanas grab animation so u can go as fast as u want.

Smoom77

Smash Master
I really don't know anything about desyncs but the thingy when you roll and c-stick -insert direction that I'm not sure which to use-. Where do I learn what squall or stutter f-smash desyncs are?
Sorry, I asked this question, and I couldn't find the answer.

*Repost*

momochuu

Smash Legend
NNID
Momochuu
3DS FC
2380-3247-9039
Sorry, I asked this question, and I couldn't find the answer.

*Repost*
Squall~ Near the end of a grounded Squall's animation keep pressing B. They should Ice Block in 2 different directions if done correctly.

Stutter Step~ Press back, then forward quickly and when you press forward also hold A. Nana should Dash Attack and Popo will charge a F-Smash.

meepxzero

Smash Master
Ok, I'll try this then. I anyone knows how Lain does it, I'll like to know too...
i mean im telling u what hes doing.... -_-a

hes just putting his shield on for nana and dropping it to cancel the grab animation. You have to do this when u cg mid and light weights because the regrabbing occurs too quickly and causes nana to grab again slowing down the cgs.

DemonicTrilogy

Smash Lord
i mean im telling u what hes doing.... -_-a

hes just putting his shield on for nana and dropping it to cancel the grab animation. You have to do this when u cg mid and light weights because the regrabbing occurs too quickly and causes nana to grab again slowing down the cgs.
K, sorry. I just have been working over this for so long that I have started to think that there was a more complicated way...

Dev2000

Smash Lord
It isn't that easy fighting a Toon Link it has Bombs, Boomerang, Arrows and the Z attack. That he can keep spamming.
Look at what his pattern of spam is like Boomerang>Arrow or whatever he does if you observe well you can dodge it and chainrape him
atleast thats what i do

meepxzero

Smash Master
i know its not easy. You have to shield past his spammage. If hes in the air upair juggle him. If he uses hookshot to combo powershield and fsmash or grab.

Like dev said they all have patterns with how they spam. Relying on grabs will make you lose.

Smasher89

Smash Lord
It isn't that easy fighting a Toon Link it has Bombs, Boomerang, Arrows and the Z attack. That he can keep spamming.
I faced one really spammy one on SMACK, my advice is to don't get hit (damaged by it) and try to gain some stage control, and sometimes , not allways attack as a suprise just to get some damage, and repeat, if you get a grab, make sure to KO ad the Tink might realize it doesn't work that way^^

istudying

Smash Lord
I faced one really spammy one on SMACK, my advice is to don't get hit (damaged by it) and try to gain some stage control, and sometimes , not allways attack as a suprise just to get some damage, and repeat, if you get a grab, make sure to KO ad the Tink might realize it doesn't work that way^^
What is the easiest CG to do on Toon Link then?

Smasher89

Smash Lord
That just depends on the player, I guess I just used bthrow>dthrow to the ledge and NTspiked then sionce Tinks recovery isnt that great...

Kage Me

Smash Ace
Indeed, I'd rely on bd-throw or ff-throw... But don't underestimate Toon Link's recovery. Build some damage before you try to finish him. 60% should do it.

Kage Me

Smash Ace
I assume you mean the one against Zero Suit Samus?

I'd say it's easiest on the middleweights. The characters between Ivysaur and Toon Link, basically.

istudying

Smash Lord
Most players here are really good at Teqing if they get spiked ;S.
What characters have the same timing on Bthrow to Dthrow as Toon Link?

Mangme

Smash Apprentice
Um, for Ice Climbers, I'm having a lot of trouble trying to pull of SND.

aznboi4sa1e

Smash Rookie
i'm having trouble figuring out fthrow to fthrow

does anyone have vids of it in slow-mo?

or tell the frame where im supposed to regrab.
b/c i tried it on 3/4 and even 1/4 but i can't grab the guy when he leave the ic's hands
it's just "grab swipe > missed grab > enemy bounces"

yea.. i heard it's easy but i can't do it

PhatyCHONG

Smash Apprentice
When you are chain grabbing preferable Bthrow to Dtrow [Repeat] how do you make "Nana" on the bthrow not do such a long sliding animation?

Kage Me

Smash Ace
When you are chain grabbing preferable Bthrow to Dtrow [Repeat] how do you make "Nana" on the bthrow not do such a long sliding animation?
You're making her dashgrab. Try to tilt the control stick when you use your b-throw, rather than tapping it. It'll cause her to grab normally, and stand still when she performs the grab.

Sonic24

Smash Apprentice
ok i know how to do the chaingrabs on normal brawl and i do them perfectly but when ever i do them on wifi i cant do them at all! i can do them just for a second or tow.. can advice anyone?

momochuu

Smash Legend
NNID
Momochuu
3DS FC
2380-3247-9039
Because wifi is laggy? Before you start trying to do them on wifi, get them down offline.

BacklashMarth

Smash Lord
You're making her dashgrab. Try to tilt the control stick when you use your b-throw, rather than tapping it. It'll cause her to grab normally, and stand still when she performs the grab.
Actually i dashgrab and it actually keeps nana (actually popo cuz i use the black costume) from sliding. I can do the cg without taking a single step if done right (bthrow, dthrow chain). If u tap it and dashgrab then "nana" does a animation where she backs up to the perfect position to grab the opponent out of your hand. I should make a video of this but im lazy...maybe later XD.

Sonic24

Smash Apprentice
Because wifi is laggy? Before you start trying to do them on wifi, get them down offline.
thats what i am doing i can do them offline perfectly fine but when ever i go online i have a hard time doing it and ic is the only character i cant do the chaingrabs on

BacklashMarth

Smash Lord
^Slow down and buffer the cg. You have to understand that the input is still the same but just there is a delay from the actual input to the motion on screen. It just takes a bit of practice then its not too hard. I still have a hard time doing cgs on wifi sometimes but eventually u get the hang of it.

Sonic24

Smash Apprentice
^Slow down and buffer the cg. You have to understand that the input is still the same but just there is a delay from the actual input to the motion on screen. It just takes a bit of practice then its not too hard. I still have a hard time doing cgs on wifi sometimes but eventually u get the hang of it.
i see but ic is the only character i cant do it on but others i can do them just fine... is just ic or me??

BacklashMarth

Smash Lord
Wait, are you saying you cant cg ics? or are you saying you cant cg WITH ic? If its the 2nd thing then i just reccomend practicing until u get the feel for it. More than likely its just you but lots of things get harder on wifi.

momochuu

Smash Legend
NNID
Momochuu
3DS FC
2380-3247-9039

You can't chaingrab the Ice Climbers because there's two of them.

*Sigh*

bertboxer

Smash Apprentice

You can't chaingrab the Ice Climbers because there's two of them.

*Sigh*
actually, the standard dthrow cg up to like 20% can work on both ic's
was dittoing a friend and went for a chain grab instinctively when i realized that both of my climbers grabbed both of his
it's then possible to just dthrow dash grab to the edge for a nice fsmash
not very useful, i know, but i thought it was funny

DemonicTrilogy

Smash Lord
actually, the standard dthrow cg up to like 20% can work on both ic's
was dittoing a friend and went for a chain grab instinctively when i realized that both of my climbers grabbed both of his
it's then possible to just dthrow dash grab to the edge for a nice fsmash
not very useful, i know, but i thought it was funny
The Ice Climbers that are being chain grabbed with the downthrow version can actually footstool the opposing Ice Climbers at any percent.

Fly_Amanita

Master of Caribou
Hey guys, I'm going to start using a tag in certain match-ups in which it's nice to have tap jump off. What should my tag be? I'm currently leaning towards "Camel".

momochuu

Smash Legend
NNID
Momochuu
3DS FC
2380-3247-9039
I copied Lain's and made mines "iFail". Maybe you should make yours "iLose" <.<

Top Bottom