• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ganondorf Sword Mode for ProjectM

Guel

Smash Journeyman
Just tried ganon on wifi. It didnt desync I was pretty happy. Just obviously dont take out the sword but other than that since the PM moveset was untouched it played just fine ^__^

The Father

Smash Rookie
A sheath wouldn't be affecting the normal fist ganon.. it would be 100% aesthetic

I was planning on calling a friend over and having a few matches with him, and we both main Ganon. It would be pretty awesome if he down taunts and realizes something's different. I'd end up telling him something like "You never knew about that? The PMBR secretly added it in 3.0, like permanent giga Bowser."

It'll be kind of difficult to pull this off if Ganon has a sheath on him...

Ashingda

Smash Journeyman
Final Update: V2.3

Jab: The projectile was experimental, now is back to sword.
F-Tilt: No change
D-Tilt: Added a small hop to the animation and some extra effects; thanks BronzeGreekGod I took some of your codes.
U-Tilt: Slight increase in projectile range. The start of the attack is higher damage, the projectile hit is weak.

F-Smash: Fixed the animation issue and decreased the hitbox's duration
D-Smash: Decreased damage on 1st hit and increased damage on 2nd hit.
U-Smash: Add a sword swing at the start of the hit. Damage are adjusted.

F-Air: No change
N-Air: No change
U-Air: No change
D-Air: Increased the sword swing arch, can hit a bit below him now.
B-Air: Is now a projectile. You gain a short float effect. Start of the attack where the fist hits is higher damage, the projectile itself is weak. This can also help recovery.

DashAttack: Adjusted the animation.

Side-B: No change
Down-B: Fixed some animation issue
Up-B: Fixed falling lag issue
Neutral-B: Now projectile. Damage gets weaker with range. Hit up close for full damage. Still has optional sword attack, but it's weaker now.

I will be gone for at least 3 months, there are still lots of room for improvements but there's no saying if I will continue this.

Video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MCFk6T9wvpk
Download: http://www.mediafire.com/download/nsvginpso1sheqp/Ganondorf v2.3.zip

Just tried ganon on wifi. It didnt desync I was pretty happy. Just obviously dont take out the sword but other than that since the PM moveset was untouched it played just fine ^__^
That is good to know, thanks!

I was planning on calling a friend over and having a few matches with him, and we both main Ganon. It would be pretty awesome if he down taunts and realizes something's different. I'd end up telling him something like "You never knew about that? The PMBR secretly added it in 3.0, like permanent giga Bowser."
That's hilarious!

_Ganondorf_

The Demon King
NNID
GanonFist
Final Update: V2.3

Jab: The projectile was experimental, now is back to sword.
F-Tilt: No change
D-Tilt: Added a small hop to the animation and some extra effects; thanks BronzeGreekGod I took some of your codes.
U-Tilt: Slight increase in projectile range. The start of the attack is higher damage, the projectile hit is weak.

F-Smash: Fixed the animation issue and decreased the hitbox's duration
D-Smash: Decreased damage on 1st hit and increased damage on 2nd hit.
U-Smash: Add a sword swing at the start of the hit. Damage are adjusted.

F-Air: No change
N-Air: No change
U-Air: No change
D-Air: Increased the sword swing arch, can hit a bit below him now.
B-Air: Is now a projectile. You gain a short float effect. Start of the attack where the fist hits is higher damage, the projectile itself is weak. This can also help recovery.

DashAttack: Adjusted the animation.

Side-B: No change
Down-B: Fixed some animation issue
Up-B: Fixed falling lag issue
Neutral-B: Now projectile. Damage gets weaker with range. Hit up close for full damage. Still has optional sword attack, but it's weaker now.

I will be gone for at least 3 months, there are still lots of room for improvements but there's no saying if I will continue this.

Video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MCFk6T9wvpk
Download: http://www.mediafire.com/download/nsvginpso1sheqp/Ganondorf v2.3.zip

That is good to know, thanks!

That's hilarious!
Thanks a lot Ashingda! Best of luck! Hope you do come back to this one day.

Ganonpork

Smash Rookie
EDIT: Here ya go. Ganondorf: https://www.dropbox.com/s/3lr356qt69x0u75/FitGanon00.pac
Sword: https://www.dropbox.com/s/ma6qsr54a0uedqp/FitGanonMotionEtc.pac
I've got an optimized Melee Ganondorf (with Melee sword) if you guys like. It shouldn't freeze, as they're smaller than Brawl Ganondorf's assets.

I tried this out and was pretty excited to see the melee sword, but soon as I took a swing he froze up into a T-Pose. And now I can't enter a stage without the game freezing (since it keeps him on sword mode when you exit out).

:(

Rage83

Smash Ace
EDIT: Has anyone had luck adding in my Melee sword? I haven't had the chance to put it onto my SD yet.
How odd... I'll look into it.

Jade_Rock55

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4656-7001-2336
The final(?) version well hopefully you continue this or someone else takes over because this is one of the best mods I have ever seen.​
I liked the jab projectile,but having one on neutral b makes more since for Ganondorf.​

LeeYawshee

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2621-3044-6895
I actually liked the jab projectile a lot as well, and once the mod is finished, I see no reason why it should be continued. If he perfects the mod then I say let it be.

There's plenty of other ideas floating around that could use some doing that people could do.

Rage83

Smash Ace
So...(a second time)has anyone been able to use my Melee Ganon items successfully?

Ganonpork

Smash Rookie
It works now, but only with the Ganondorf model you provided. Soon as I switch to a different colour slot the game freezes upon selecting a stage.

I think it would be more practical if you could simply make a usable version of the sword mod with the new sword on its own, otherwise we're stuck using a single costume for Ganondorf. I really like the melee sword, so something like this would be perfect I think.

Shiruzato

Smash Cadet
It's to be expected at this point, but I'm quite excited for the new release! I'll be testing it now, and I'm glad that you managed to sort everything out with his moveset. The restored jab should fix the issue that I had earlier, and to be honest with you I'd never have expected you to change the N-Special as well after the arguments you gave. I think I'll be quite satisfied with these changes, to be sure.

As for your leave, that is a bit concerning; but as previously mentioned, if it's perfected there really isn't any reason to continue development. Thank you for your diligence in making this mod, Ashingda. Your hard work has not gone unappreciated.

Rage83

Smash Ace
Had it wrong. Compared facepoints, vertices, etc. Melee sword is smaller than Brawl sword. Melee Ganon is around the same size as Brawl Ganon.

Ganonpork

Smash Rookie
Hey I'm stoked that this mod even exists, so twilight sword is A-OK by me, especially since the weapon trail matches it better than it does the melee sword.

Having said that, I've always been annoyed that the asset for the melee sword was in that game and only used for a win pose, and ever since the spaceworld demo of Link drawing arms against Ganondorf that sword has been etched in my head. It just suits his design, and I like the broad tip.

Burnsy

Smash Lord
New version is pretty great. My biggest complaint is that dtilt is stil stupid good, even for a relatively "fun but slightly OP unofficial moveset"

Everything else about the mod makes it great to bust out at smaller smashfests, for funsies. Really great work.

Last edited:

The Father

Smash Rookie
I'm liking the new Usmash. The float on the Bair seems awkward now, but I'll probably get used to it soon. I have a feeling it could lead into some nice combos and change up recovery options. Also, is the projectile controllable with the analog stick? I remember a time where I SHFFL'd a Bair and while I was fast falling, the projectile seemed to go lower than usual.

BronzeGreekGod

Smash Lord
Hey guys. So don't get too excited, but I'm thinking of putting some work into this mod myself. I know I want to add some of my stuff to it, so whenever I do that, I'll post it. But I'm also thinking I can work on balancing the 2.3 version. I wont be able to do too much crazy stuff, so don't expect that, but post suggestions on what you guys think is OP, and if you have any other suggestions that I can perhaps try to work on.

Also, earlier in the thread I posted my Ganondorf hack, so you guys can take a look at that too and send me some private msgs with suggestions about that if you'd like. I'll make my own thread when I start posting updates on sword mode 2.3.

Ezehokadrim

Smash Rookie
If there's any update on this I'd like to see the balance changes from P:M 3.0; reversing his down B is pretty handy... I don't mind if his sword mode is still OP though! XD

Ezehokadrim

Smash Rookie
But I can't reverse my Down B (with his fists) though. It may be working on 3.0 but it's missing the changes. I'm pretty sure I haven't missed an update either.

Edit: Looks like I was wrong; I still can, I just failed to do it properly. Nothing to say then, except that I really enjoy the move set.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Wait a minute, you figured out how to add projectiles? That's ****ing godlike!

I hope things like his electric sword usmash, his dtilt and those things stay forever. With some balance changes. I'm still using the 2.0 sword usmash, and the hitboxes on that are OP as ****!

Still though, the whole moveset felt so Ganon it hurt. All it needed was a projectile.

Once I can try it out, (the newest build) ill getcha some feedback. Keep up the good work!

Jade_Rock55

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4656-7001-2336
Did anybody else want the projectile on his jab?

I can try to put that on his newest version.I'll probably try to do it anyway just for myself.

BronzeGreekGod

Smash Lord
Wait a minute, you figured out how to add projectiles? That's ****ing godlike!

I hope things like his electric sword usmash, his dtilt and those things stay forever. With some balance changes. I'm still using the 2.0 sword usmash, and the hitboxes on that are OP as ****!

Still though, the whole moveset felt so Ganon it hurt. All it needed was a projectile.

Once I can try it out, (the newest build) ill getcha some feedback. Keep up the good work!
This has been known for a while, its not a real projectile though. It can only work during that particular animation and will move with the characters body. Its just attached to one of the characters bones which is invisible in the game.. If that makes any sense.

\Apples

Smash Journeyman
So I think the version I had that I liked the most was 2.0. Everything after that ruined a lot of what made this mod so cool. The projectile attacks are very impressive but they just plain don't belong in this moveset. His sword jab was really good and fitting, plus these projectile A attacks are so un-Smash-like and it feels very unprofessional. Revert the jab to the sword jab, take the projectile off the B-air and just revert to the stock B-air. Drastically cut the range on the D-tilt and U-tilt, and get rid of the swipe on the U-smash. That lightning U-smash was already ridiculous as it was, it did not need that kind of coverage. His D-air is currently way slower than it should be.

EDIT: Didn't have time to finish my thoughts. My apologies for the incomplete ending. lol

Last edited:

LeeYawshee

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2621-3044-6895
So I think the version I had that I liked the most was 2.0. Everything after that ruined a lot of what made this mod so cool. The projectile attacks are very impressive but they just plain don't belong in this moveset. His sword jab was really good and fitting, plus these projectile A attacks are so un-Smash-like and it feels very unprofessional. Revert the jab to the sword jab, take the projectile off the B-air and just revert to the stock B-air. Drastically cut the range on the D-tilt and U-tilt, and get rid of the swipe on the U-smash. That lightning U-smash was already ridiculous as it was, it did not need that kind of coverage. His D-air is currently way slower than it should be.
I know this may be a moot point but Mega Man's side smash and jab are both projectiles, and in his most recent version I believe he did take out the magic jab.

\Apples

Smash Journeyman
I know this may be a moot point but Mega Man's side smash and jab are both projectiles, and in his most recent version I believe he did take out the magic jab.
I can't speak for everyone, but I for one don't feel that Smash 4 is a Smash game to look to for design inspiration where movesets are concerned; not considering the angle behind Project: M's design philosophies.

LeeYawshee

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2621-3044-6895
I can't speak for everyone, but I for one don't feel that Smash 4 is a Smash game to look to for design inspiration where movesets are concerned; not considering the angle behind Project: M's design philosophies.
That's why I said that I didn't feel my point meant much. I just wanted to point it out.

Spiesgear

Smash Rookie
can anyone tell me how do I install this? Project M newbie here :D (In fact if anyone told me how to install EVERYTHING it would be great!)

Shiruzato

Smash Cadet
can anyone tell me how do I install this? Project M newbie here :D (In fact if anyone told me how to install EVERYTHING it would be great!)
Got to:
projectm/pf/fighter/ganon
And copy and paste the files into that location. It should ask you to replace two files under the same name; comply and replace them. Then, just boot up Project M as you usually would and the rest should be elementary from there.

Top Bottom