• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ganondorf Sword Mode for ProjectM

Ganonpork

Smash Rookie
Also loving 2.2!

Could there be a version using the Dark Nut or Melee Ganondorf sword?
That would be the absolute ****.

Also his D-Tilt, while awesome, loses a lot of visual potential in regards to a sense of impact. Ganon's new U-Tilt and his aerial wiz foot both shake the screen when connecting with the stage, so I think the sword D-Tilt should do the same for uniformity etc etc. The attack would simply be more satisfying to the eyes, ears, and crotch this way.
EDIT: To clarify, I'm referring to when this move whiffs since I just noticed the screen shake happens on hitting a player.

Everyone here is so polite and I appreciate it, I had at first expected to see a more different sort of responses like that of the rest of the internet.
I think everyone has been hungry for a magic/sword type Ganondorf move set since Melee, and since yours is literally the best one it's kind of euphoric.

_Ganondorf_

The Demon King
NNID
GanonFist
I think F-smash is good. It only KO's at lower % if you hit with its downward tilt, it causes a semi-spike which I think is perfectly reasonable.
I still think Up-smash and Down-smash need more KO power, and possibly also F-Air.

The only other suggestions I have are aesthetic ones.

1: if possible, I think if the sword can glow when Ganon attacks with it (like Link's Master sword) would be cool.
2: since changing his grab animations is not possible, could he have an electricity effect (like B-air, D-tilt etc.) on his arms and legs while executing the throws and/or when he hits during the grab?
Also would making the grabs have more KO potential and changing their trajectory possible?

Also I think Spell Sword Ganon mode is a perfect title, reminds me of a type of class in Skyrim :)

LeeYawshee

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2621-3044-6895
Spellsword or Swordmage, they're the same thing so it works.

I think F-smash is good. It only KO's at lower % if you hit with its downward tilt, it causes a semi-spike which I think is perfectly reasonable.
I still think Up-smash and Down-smash need more KO power, and possibly also F-Air.

The only other suggestions I have are aesthetic ones.

1: if possible, I think if the sword can glow when Ganon attacks with it (like Link's Master sword) would be cool.
2: since changing his grab animations is not possible, could he have an electricity effect (like B-air, D-tilt etc.) on his arms and legs while executing the throws and/or when he hits during the grab?
Also would making the grabs have more KO potential and changing their trajectory possible?

Also I think Spell Sword Ganon mode is a perfect title, reminds me of a type of class in Skyrim :)
I actually think his grabs work just fine as they are, I don't see why they would need changing.

The Father

Smash Rookie
For the side smash, I recommend lowering the knockback of the downward angled hit a little bit. I still think it should have the highest ability to kill out of the 3 angles, but maybe the damage could be lowered. The horizontal one could stay the same, while the upward one could have higher damage, since it is the least likely to kill in most cases. If you are going to change anything, I suggest you give priority to a small nerf in the downward angled side smash. Other than that, if you could somehow make the Dair hit under Ganon, it would be nice. The down B also makes me go under the stage often when I try to use it for recovery, but that seems like a decent trade off for obtaining more range and the other benefits of sword mode.

EDIT: The jab seems to only hit with the "projectile" part of the animation, and I've been getting hit often at the beginning of the animation. If possible, could you add a weak hit box very close to Ganon's body before the fake projectile is released?

LeeYawshee

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2621-3044-6895
Wait, Ashingda, if Ganondorf is going to be done soon, are you doing other characters? Or are you just done all together.

I really like the concept of characters with two movesets, hopefully someone else in the future will do something similar for other characters if you don't.

_Ganondorf_

The Demon King
NNID
GanonFist
Spellsword or Swordmage, they're the same thing so it works.

I actually think his grabs work just fine as they are, I don't see why they would need changing.
It not that his grabs "need" changing I just think following the theme of more powerfull attacks so more powerfull grabs just fit better, he is the wielder of the Triforce of Power so I think of Ganon grabs ahold of you he should be able to throw you into oblivion . Also the aesthetic thing (electricity) is just that, to look cooler and to cement even further the spell sword thing.

_Ganondorf_

The Demon King
NNID
GanonFist
For the side smash, I recommend lowering the knockback of the downward angled hit a little bit. I still think it should have the highest ability to kill out of the 3 angles, but maybe the damage could be lowered. The horizontal one could stay the same, while the upward one could have higher damage, since it is the least likely to kill in most cases. If you are going to change anything, I suggest you give priority to a small nerf in the downward angled side smash. Other than that, if you could somehow make the Dair hit under Ganon, it would be nice. The down B also makes me go under the stage often when I try to use it for recovery, but that seems like a decent trade off for obtaining more range and the other benefits of sword mode.

EDIT: The jab seems to only hit with the "projectile" part of the animation, and I've been getting hit often at the beginning of the animation. If possible, could you add a weak hit box very close to Ganon's body before the fake projectile is released?
Good points I agree, especially the Jab hitbox.

LeeYawshee

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2621-3044-6895
Who else could have a moveset like this?
I always imagined Falco having a secondary moveset where he uses two pistols like in the Subspace, has his Brawl down special, and some other Brawl moves like his FSmash and FAir.

I'd say Lucario with his old moves back but from what Ashingda said, I think it'd be really limited as to what animations they could change.

Ness where he uses all sorts of weapons and items from the games like a slingshot, bottle rockets that Jeff put in his inventory, and PK Rockin.

Mario and Luigi but with hammers like that SMBZ hack that was made ages ago.

There's way more I can think off, but at the same time it seems like a lot of work and I don't want to put anyone through any of this unless they'd love to do it. Please don't take this as a wishlist, but rather as ideas that could or could not be done in the far off future.

_Ganondorf_

The Demon King
NNID
GanonFist
Wait, Ashingda, if Ganondorf is going to be done soon, are you doing other characters? Or are you just done all together.

I really like the concept of characters with two movesets, hopefully someone else in the future will do something similar for other characters if you don't.
I don't think he will do another characters anytime soon if at all.

But Ashingda if I can ask a small favor (not that I have a right to ask for anything) if it's not too much hassle could you give Roy's Up-B double the range? Since he has been introduced to PM I'm loving playin has him but his recovery is absolutely atrocious! Lol.

Feel free to turn my request down, you shouldn't feel obligated to meet my or anybody else's needs and request. But it would be awesomely cool of you if it's not to much work.

If you can't, could you possibly give me advice how to change things like that myself? Like what kind of programs do I need etc.

Jade_Rock55

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4656-7001-2336
I don't think he will do another characters anytime soon if at all.

But Ashingda if I can ask a small favor (not that I have a right to ask for anything) if it's not too much hassle could you give Roy's Up-B double the range?
I want to figure this out!Roy is my main and I really want to figure this out,Ashingda if I figure it out can I post here?

EDIT:The only thing I could get is him moving up and then using up b...it's like he airdoges upward and then up b's.

Attachments

Ashingda

Smash Journeyman
If you want to start learning how to mod Brawl, there are 2 programs you definitely need to know. Brawlbox and SmashAttacks(PSA - ProjectSmashAttacks).
Brawlbox lets you modify the graphics and work the animations. V0.70 is the latest. Note: Not all the latest versions are the best.
SmashAttacks is what you use for the moves and hitbox. V1.3 is the latest.

Downloads and tutorials can be googled and youtubed. Progress will depend on how much time you speed on it, trial and error is key. I've just barely started less than two months ago, so far my personal thought on this is the difficulty level is about mid-high. Having programming background helps with smash attacks greatly, and 3d modeling helps with brawlbox.

If you plan on doing the basic changes such as damage/trajectory/movement/momentum/etc it is simple and isn't hard. The tutorials covers them all. A good way to learns is to study at what somebody else did and learn from that. For example if you open up the plain PM Ganon and compare it side by side with what I've changed you'd eventually figure out everything I did.

But Ashingda if I can ask a small favor (not that I have a right to ask for anything) if it's not too much hassle could you give Roy's Up-B double the range?
There are two ways to do this, modify the PSA using smashattacks and change the momentum and ground state or modify the FitRoyMotionEtc.pac using brawlbox and change the TransN values of this animation. The brawlbox method is the preferred way for this character.

I will be helping PMBR more afterwards and I got some other non-smash project I want to start.

Jade_Rock55

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4656-7001-2336
Your awesome thanks!

Testing now.

EDIT:That didn't work right at all...

Why is he like that?Also he didn't go up higher...I think I can't tell with him like that.

Attachments

robosteven

Smash Lord
NNID
robosteven
I guess a final recommendation on this project is to fix the animation of the f-smash. Something about it just looks...awkward. Don't get me wrong, the move itself is great. It's just that the animation is kinda weird. In Roy's f-tilt, it looks like he's actually thrusting, so it makes a bit more sense. For Ganon, it just kinda looks like he just sticks his sword there without any actual muscle movement (if that makes sense). I don't know how to explain it that well.

Everything else is 100% glorious. You have done a spectacular job and I hope for the best in your future works and that you contribute to making P:M even better.

_Ganondorf_

The Demon King
NNID
GanonFist
If you want to start learning how to mod Brawl, there are 2 programs you definitely need to know. Brawlbox and SmashAttacks(PSA - ProjectSmashAttacks).
Brawlbox lets you modify the graphics and work the animations. V0.70 is the latest. Note: Not all the latest versions are the best.
SmashAttacks is what you use for the moves and hitbox. V1.3 is the latest.

Downloads and tutorials can be googled and youtubed. Progress will depend on how much time you speed on it, trial and error is key. I've just barely started less than two months ago, so far my personal thought on this is the difficulty level is about mid-high. Having programming background helps with smash attacks greatly, and 3d modeling helps with brawlbox.

If you plan on doing the basic changes such as damage/trajectory/movement/momentum/etc it is simple and isn't hard. The tutorials covers them all. A good way to learns is to study at what somebody else did and learn from that. For example if you open up the plain PM Ganon and compare it side by side with what I've changed you'd eventually figure out everything I did.

There are two ways to do this, modify the PSA using smashattacks and change the momentum and ground state or modify the FitRoyMotionEtc.pac using brawlbox and change the TransN values of this animation. The brawlbox method is the preferred way for this character.

I will be helping PMBR more afterwards and I got some other non-smash project I want to start.

Thanks a lot for the advice ill try to look at tutorials as a start.

Patt Anderson

PMPE Architect
Hey! I love you hack and wanted to give my two cents before the project was closed. FYI I don't really know much about terminology and such so I'll do my best to explain.

My thoughts:

Smash left/right: Should have more arc to it. It's a nice look jab but doesn't feel powerful enough and the stabbing seems out of place for a smash attack (would make more sense if the stab was placed on tilt left/right

Up smash: Should also have more of an arc as he reaches it from his side to straight up. Just more fluidity. It would also provide some horizontal protection as he's attacking above.

Dash A: This has too long of a cool off. It seems to vulnerable to be a charge attack.

Normal A: I love the projectile you made! I just think that something about it needs to seem more "powerful." Right now it feels like he's throwing a wrapper or something light at the opponents.

Normal Air: It's a great animation (maybe a tad fast) but it appears like it would suit ganon's down air better. It just seems more downward? I don't know what you would do for normal air then.

Special B down: The transition from startup to a full on dive is too stark, doesn't look smooth. I wonder what other move could be placed over this one from the games since we are trying to step away from clone status this just seems like a small departure from his cloning and not something new.

I don't want to sound unhappy or frustrated at all! This mod is amazing and I respect your work. I hope my comments can be heard amongst the crowd of people who actually know what their saying and that you can understand my points even without proper terminology.

Merry Christmas!

210stuna

Smash Lord
I look forward to trying the latest version, and your final product man. You've really leaped in modding experiences and I only wish the best for you from this time onward.

Happy Holidays.

BronzeGreekGod

Smash Lord
Amazing work! I'm so glad someone is working on this.
A couple of questions/comments/things I noticed (this was version 2.0 which I tried out and I realize changes have been made since then but I haven't had a chance to try the newer versions yet):

- When not using the sword and using neutral B and turning, the GFX are messed up, and then after the animation ends Ganon flips back the other way (opposite where he should be facing)
- I feel like his Neutral B with the sword is a bit OP.. some tweaking could be needed there, perhaps the punching part of the move could only stun the opponent while the sword slash is the KO move
- for the fake projectile in 2.2 (saw in the video) I have an idea which can be seen in a mod I've created. I've given Ganon a no flinch push attack for his Neutral A. What inspired me to add this was Ganondorf using black magic on link in his piano room in OOT. Here is my mod in case you wana take a look: http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=34608 (you can also use my mod to take other ideas to add to yours, feel free! Some of the things I've added - ability to float on the 2nd jump, changed run animation and all animations related to the run animation, air down A where he does a ground pound from the air with a shock wave on contact with the ground- not just grounded like yours).

If you ave any questions or want ideas at all shoot me a msg. I'd love to help as much as possible! I'll take a look at the newest version and do some play testing for you too.

PS. question - do you plan on adding any real projectiles to this mod? And/or do you plan on working on another Ganon mod in order to give him projectiles? (I.e. there has been a lot of talk about using a different character like Lucario (who has a projectile) as a base to re-create ganondorf from scratch, and edit the existing projectile from that character to work as his orb/scatter shot).

Ashingda

Smash Journeyman
Everyone I got very good news, I've just learned how to way use other characher's animations into Ganondorf namely Roy's animations. Now I can make some really good stuff with Roy's rigged model in Maya, export it into brawlbox and fix up all those choppy animations that brawlbox just cannot handle. If I didn't hate maya so much I would have made a rigged doll for the sole purpose of exporting animations... hmm that's not a bad idea for the modding community.

Now for bad news, tomorrow is my last day of free time. Then I gotta start prepping to get out of town. Someone can take over this project if they want, I might also still do some more stuff while I'm away and come back with one big update.

BronzeGreekGod
That D-Air looks really really nice and polished! It's great for building up damage but I tend to suicide a lot with it. The float is a very nice, I might try it with his float animation from OOT. That no flinch you mention might become really handy. Great job on your work also, I know how hard it is working with hacks and their limitations. Thanks for sharing and fueling ideas.

BronzeGreekGod

Smash Lord
That D-Air looks really really nice and polished! It's great for building up damage but I tend to suicide a lot with it. The float is a very nice, I might try it with his float animation from OOT. That no flinch you mention might become really handy. Great job on your work also, I know how hard it is working with hacks and their limitations. Thanks for sharing and fueling ideas.

Thanks! :D
Feel free to take whatever you want from my hack.

Tip on the D-Air, I made it so that it is difficult to recover from if you do it off the stage as a meteor, but you can in fact use it and recover. If it was easier to recover from I believe it would be OP. I took many measures to make sure he isn't OP. I even reduced his Up B-Air height to compensate for the fact that he can now fly.

About the push attack, I would have liked to make it more in depth and interesting (as a B attack), but I'm not quite that skilled. I would have liked to make it chargeable, and have the ability to trap people in a dark magic "field" and damage them with flinchless hit boxes. I was thinking the more it would be charged the larger the field and the longer it would last.

Also, I just thought of another suggestion I wanted to throw at you. I'm not sure how much you're looking to change his moveset using the sword, but this would be a great canon move from TP. You know when he runs at Link and swings his sword, and as the player you have to press A or whatever in time to block him and then fight him off when your swords clash? I was thinking that could basically be his Side B attack (without the latter part). Basically what I'm picturing is you press Side B, and he goes into a running animation with the sword cocked back (looks the same as in TP). Then when you let go of B he swings the sword. The added key to this move would be the longer you hold B and the further you run, the more the attack charges up as well. If you can hold it for the entire length of the animation the move can be super powerful while if you attack quickly it is a weaker attack.
Does this make sense? And what do you think?

Oh and lastly, I'm not sure if you missed the second part of my last msg or forgot about it :p
Any word on projectiles/re-working another character to create a proper projectile?

Happy Holidays and Merry Christmas (if you celebrate Christmas)!

_Ganondorf_

The Demon King
NNID
GanonFist
Thanks! :D
Feel free to take whatever you want from my hack.

Tip on the D-Air, I made it so that it is difficult to recover from if you do it off the stage as a meteor, but you can in fact use it and recover. If it was easier to recover from I believe it would be OP. I took many measures to make sure he isn't OP. I even reduced his Up B-Air height to compensate for the fact that he can now fly.

About the push attack, I would have liked to make it more in depth and interesting (as a B attack), but I'm not quite that skilled. I would have liked to make it chargeable, and have the ability to trap people in a dark magic "field" and damage them with flinchless hit boxes. I was thinking the more it would be charged the larger the field and the longer it would last.

Also, I just thought of another suggestion I wanted to throw at you. I'm not sure how much you're looking to change his moveset using the sword, but this would be a great canon move from TP. You know when he runs at Link and swings his sword, and as the player you have to press A or whatever in time to block him and then fight him off when your swords clash? I was thinking that could basically be his Side B attack (without the latter part). Basically what I'm picturing is you press Side B, and he goes into a running animation with the sword cocked back (looks the same as in TP). Then when you let go of B he swings the sword. The added key to this move would be the longer you hold B and the further you run, the more the attack charges up as well. If you can hold it for the entire length of the animation the move can be super powerful while if you attack quickly it is a weaker attack.
Does this make sense? And what do you think?

Oh and lastly, I'm not sure if you missed the second part of my last msg or forgot about it :p
Any word on projectiles/re-working another character to create a proper projectile?

Happy Holidays and Merry Christmas (if you celebrate Christmas)!

Hey man, I really like the Force push thing for a possible replacement of Neutral B I think any other move slot wouldn't feel right. Also the floating recovery is a great idea.

The D-Air I'm not sure about its definitly cool but one of my favorite things to do with Ganon is meteor spike people.

As much as a completely Canonical Ganon would be awesome, I think his Side B is amazing and should neve be changed. It's just to awesome of a move to take away. Same with his now improved Down B, it might still essentially be Wizard's kick with a sword, but it a great move for the character.

Shiruzato

Smash Cadet
If I may? I've been enjoying the 2.2 update as of late, but something just won't stop... bothering me. See, I like the idea that you've added a false projectile into his basic moveset as his Jab and U-Tilt; however, I feel as though removing casual use of his sword on the ground detracts from the feeling of... wielding a sword. None of his tilts incorporate his sword, and his smash attacks, while useful, are much more situational and aren't exactly akin to usual swordplay. As such, I would like to suggest moving the current "false projectile" jab to his F-Tilt, and restoring his jab to the way it was in 1.0 (fast and powerful, but not too fast and still a single swing). F-Tilt's place in the moveset would still make sense, as it is very similar in style to his other tilts, and "Ganonsword" would regain the feeling of wielding a sword as opposed to simply having an alternate spin on his moveset. Also, the sacrifice of his current F-tilt wouldn't be too unbearable anyway, as having it be the exact same F-tilt as "Ganonpunch" is quite redundant in my opinion and, again, detracts from the whole point of giving Ganondorf an alternate sword-based moveset to switch to.

BronzeGreekGod

Smash Lord
Hey man, I really like the Force push thing for a possible replacement of Neutral B I think any other move slot wouldn't feel right. Also the floating recovery is a great idea.

The D-Air I'm not sure about its definitly cool but one of my favorite things to do with Ganon is meteor spike people.

As much as a completely Canonical Ganon would be awesome, I think his Side B is amazing and should never be changed. It's just to awesome of a move to take away. Same with his now improved Down B, it might still essentially be Wizard's kick with a sword, but it a great move for the character.

Well you should remember IF these moves were changed they would only be changed for sword mode.. so we wouldn't be losing the Flame Choke or the Ganon Kick regardless. I really believe my side B idea would be a fantastic addition to sword mode (again keeping the flame choke intact in normal mode). EDIT: Another solution to this could be to simply change his run animation to match that of his TP run animation before he executes the sword dash attack. I noticed the dash attack is actually very similar to his attack in TP, so this could work. It would just remove the aspect of charging the attack during the run animation.

As for some of the moves I've incorporated in my mod, I would actually love make the D-Air his down B, and I really like the idea of making his B attack a force push, but I'm not as good at editing specials and such. Also D-Air still is a spike, it just works completely differently the way I've made it.

Again though, I don't know what the final plans are for this hack, but I do know It'll be great regardless. My ideas are just some suggestions. TBH I think some/many of my suggestions should actually go towards a totally new and different version of Ganondorf (one based completely off of Ganondorf from OOT - this includes the float I added). Ganondorf in TP was a lot more grounded and used mostly physical attacks, so I do feel sword mode probably should stick to mainly giving him sword based attacks rather than changing his moves completely (although I wouldn't complain about a complete overhaul either - this would be up to the Ashingda).

Speaking of TP Ganondorf, perhaps some kind of teleportation move could be incorporated in this hack as well (perhaps as his air dodge).. though this may be going too far. What are thoughts on that?

And one other move I just remembered that could make sense could be a cape reflector. Again this could be a bit too far off of the core principles of sword mode, and may be better suited to an OOT based Ganondorf. But thoughts?

If I may? I've been enjoying the 2.2 update as of late, but something just won't stop... bothering me. See, I like the idea that you've added a false projectile into his basic moveset as his Jab and U-Tilt; however, I feel as though removing casual use of his sword on the ground detracts from the feeling of... wielding a sword. None of his tilts incorporate his sword, and his smash attacks, while useful, are much more situational and aren't exactly akin to usual swordplay. As such, I would like to suggest moving the current "false projectile" jab to his F-Tilt, and restoring his jab to the way it was in 1.0 (fast and powerful, but not too fast and still a single swing). F-Tilt's place in the moveset would still make sense, as it is very similar in style to his other tilts, and "Ganonsword" would regain the feeling of wielding a sword as opposed to simply having an alternate spin on his moveset. Also, the sacrifice of his current F-tilt wouldn't be too unbearable anyway, as having it be the exact same F-tilt as "Ganonpunch" is quite redundant in my opinion and, again, detracts from the whole point of giving Ganondorf an alternate sword-based moveset to switch to.

I can agree on this as long as the Sparta Kick remains in his normal move set :p

EDIT: OR! Maybe it would be better to replace some of his non sword mode attacks (like sparta kick his up A axe kick etc) with fake projectiles, and then give sword mode the sparta kick since in TP he actually has a sword and uses the sparta kick.. I kinda like that idea for aesthetics.

BronzeGreekGod

Smash Lord
I'm playing with 2.2 right now and something I noticed a few things:

With his up b is when the animation ends he pauses a bit before going into special fall. Not sure whats happening there, but the transition could be a bit smoother.

An aesthetic piece I wanted to mention having to do with his sword.. Is there any way with some wizardry you could give him a sheath that holds his sword when hes not using it, and then pull it out from when he is using it?

Finally, having to do with the fake projectiles (additional to what I've already said in my previous posts), I think it would be nice if they worked a bit more like a stun move than a knockback move. Canonically, the orb stuns link when hes hit, so that's what I'm basing this on.

Jade_Rock55

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4656-7001-2336
@BronzeGreekGod

Do you plan on taking over the project when he leaves after tomorrow?

I would love for this to still be updated.

The Father

Smash Rookie
An aesthetic piece I wanted to mention having to do with his sword.. Is there any way with some wizardry you could give him a sheath that holds his sword when hes not using it, and then pull it out from when he is using it.
I personally would prefer fist mode Ganon to be left alone, untouched. If Ashingda or whoever will take over the project wants to implement a sheath, it would he nice to release a version without a sheath, for those who would prefer a classic fist Ganon.

Also, I really like the current Dair animation, but I think it should have a downward hitbox as well. Maybe the sword could extend 30-45 degrees downward instead of stopping at a horizontal angle. The inner hitbox (hilt of sword and bottom of Ganon's body) could be fairy weak, while the outer hitbox (the blade) could retain its strength.

_Ganondorf_

The Demon King
NNID
GanonFist
I
@BronzeGreekGod

It would be cool if he does, but I think it should be its own entity, and this would remain Ashingda's vision. I would be patient until he can come back for a final version.

But if BronzeGod can use this mod for his own version that would be awesome!

Hey BronzeGod can you make a mod to make Roy's Up B like double the range/length? I'm too inexperienced with Brawl Modding (I'm currently just starting to learn).

Handy Man

Smash Ace
Sorry I missed this, to get this working you'll have to modify the PSA yourself and insert the sound hacks manually.
Do you have any idea how I can do that? I know how to use BrawlBox, but I have absolutely no experience with PSA editing a Fit*insertcharacterhere*.pac file at all.

_Ganondorf_

The Demon King
NNID
GanonFist
For the final update I have a few suggestions.

I really like Jab now but I think its hitbox should also be on Ganon's arm. As well also I think it should have a bit more knockback, and a little more start up speed.

D-air is nice to use but like other posters on this thread I think it should extend more downwards and still have a hit box on the bottom of the swing.

I think both Upsmash and down smash need more KO power. They feel pretty weak.

I prefer Upair knocking to the sides and not up, I just think it work better.

I think Nair need a little more range infornt of him a he swings.

Everything else is pretty much perfect for me. Thanks for all the hard work Ashingda, hope you move goes well and I look forward to the next time we hear from you. Happy holidays and merry Christmas.

Jade_Rock55

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4656-7001-2336
If you look at post 253 look at the pic which is what happened when I tried to increase the length of Roy's up b...

Can't wait for the final release of Sword Ganon tomorrow!

edit
I posted on brawlvault to know how to make Marth's up b higher(Since Roy was cloned off of Marth)
The reply:
Use BrawlBox to animate his TransN Bone to go higher.
I got a little closer:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lvRKooM1OkU&feature=youtu.be

BronzeGreekGod

Smash Lord
I personally would prefer fist mode Ganon to be left alone, untouched. If Ashingda or whoever will take over the project wants to implement a sheath, it would he nice to release a version without a sheath, for those who would prefer a classic fist Ganon.

A sheath wouldn't be affecting the normal fist ganon.. it would be 100% aesthetic

@BronzeGreekGod

I'm flattered, but I'm unfortunately not working on this. I'm not quite that great at moding to be able to work on a project this large. Sorry!

Do you guys know when he's gona be back working on the project again?

Hey BronzeGod can you make a mod to make Roy's Up B like double the range/length? I'm too inexperienced with Brawl Modding (I'm currently just starting to learn).

I may be able to do that. I'm not sure if that's necessary though lol. Its a pretty good move as it is..

Jade_Rock55

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4656-7001-2336
Maybe not double,something like a 20-30% increase sounds better.

_Ganondorf_

The Demon King
NNID
GanonFist
A sheath wouldn't be affecting the normal fist ganon.. it would be 100% aesthetic

I'm flattered, but I'm unfortunately not working on this. I'm not quite that great at moding to be able to work on a project this large. Sorry!

Do you guys know when he's gona be back working on the project again?

I may be able to do that. I'm not sure if that's necessary though lol. Its a pretty good move as it is..

I actually think it's extremely necessary Roy's recovery is jut painful to play with I usually only lose with him because of how short it is. It feels so bad just falling a little below the stage and than dyeing because I can't reach the ledge at like 30% lol. So I think if it was doubled it would be just right imo. If you can do it I'll be most grateful as I'm sure many people would (at least until hopefully PMBR fixes it). Don't feel obligated to do it just because I can't, but it would make a lot of people extremely happy.

Seriously PMBR needs to give Roy a better recovery, its just atrocious.

More on topic, I have no clue when he will come back. But I think having a break from it could be good for both him, and us play testers. In order to really absorb this mod and to critic from a more seasoned point of view. But I do hope he will return soon :)

Best of luck Ashingda!

Jade_Rock55

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4656-7001-2336
I posted a topic on brawlvault

forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=64986.msg1206547#msg1206547

EDIT:I have made progress on Roy's recovery!
I made his side-b in the air move him to the side so he goes about 1/3 to a half of final destination.

I can try to make him move upwards or his sideways better?I don't know how to make him do it again before landing...

Attachments

Top Bottom