• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social "Friends being fought for!" Ike General Discussion

Kevandre

Ivy WAS Saurly missed
NNID
Kevandre
3DS FC
1736-1095-5393
Switch FC
SW-2226-3590-9812
Figured I'd go to the social threads and post my silhouettes. Enjoy, even if Ragnell came out a little weird

Ekans647

Smash Lord
NNID
Ekans647
3DS FC
2019-9808-9029
Hector is awesome but I don't see Sakurai doing that unless he wants to copy PM lol

I'm not sure percentage-wise, but at least we got more momentum to make up for it.
If anyone finds a link for the percentage of this, that'd be great.

Oblivion129

Smash Lord
NNID
Oblivion129
3DS FC
1821-9773-2413
why should PM effect sakurai, I'm sure he doesn't give a care either way
It shouldn't affect him, but I mean that PM has the Hector costume so he can copy that if he wants, since I don't think he planned on one before. It's more common to see palette swaps than a costume.

Trueblade

Smash Cadet
NNID
TruestBlade
3DS FC
0061-0303-4576
why should PM effect sakurai, I'm sure he doesn't give a care either way
You say that, but there's a couple things in PM that seem to have influenced 4 in some way. DK's dash attack comes to mind.

That said, if Ike gets any model swap alts, it'd most likely be one of his outfits from PoR or RD. Vanguard would make the most sense with how his animations in 4 reflect his age/experience/not broken back.

Banjobeast158

Smash Apprentice
NNID
banjobeast158
does anyone have any info on the patch? it feels like there is nothing coming. I haven't heard anything about it really.

Furret

Long Body Pokémon
does anyone have any info on the patch? it feels like there is nothing coming. I haven't heard anything about it really.
I'm gonna say this as simply as possible, nintendo is a fossil it takes them a long time to adapt to new trends. This includes giving detailed patch notes for players to work with. So once again as a community we will have no clue what the patch will be until the patch comes out and we play with it. Additionally we will have to decipher/find for ourselves if there are changes. I just hope the mastercore (where I get all my frame data) updates sooner rather than later when the new patch rolls out

Casval

Smash Journeyman
NNID
RX-104
Why would anyone want to play as any Ike other than the manliest Ike?
It's so much more impressive to see this scrawny kid swing around a 2x4. You'd expect a muscle man to be able to do that, but younger Ike doing it is mind boggling.

I want his sound effects from Brawl to be brought back. They kept his voice the same, why change the sound effects?

Ekans647

Smash Lord
NNID
Ekans647
3DS FC
2019-9808-9029
It's so much more impressive to see this scrawny kid swing around a 2x4. You'd expect a muscle man to be able to do that, but younger Ike doing it is mind boggling.

I want his sound effects from Brawl to be brought back. They kept his voice the same, why change the sound effects?
Yes, please do this. I loved his sound effects in brawl.

critter17

Smash Cadet
NNID
critter17
3DS FC
3780-9491-8023
Well the Smash Bros Online Play/Rankings will be in maintenance from 11:50 pm to 1 am Pacific time so I'm guessing after that.

Casval

Smash Journeyman
NNID
RX-104
So far the only thing I've noticed is that he does appear to run a bit faster. I really only tested out movement speed and a few aerials though, since I gotta go to school now. I THINK nair and fair come out a little faster but I'm not sure.

Gonna test out other moves later on.

Nidtendofreak

Smash Hero
NNID
TheNiddo
3DS FC
3668-7651-8940
I can tell you, anybody something "thinks" something was changed, its wrong 99.999999999% of the time with patches.

Welcome to the placebo effect.

Planet God Venus

Smash Journeyman
NNID
RyugaVII
You know ike inside and out man and I can tell you he has a speed buff and his aerials are faster...

smh

Top Bottom