• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social "Friends being fought for!" Ike General Discussion

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Anyone else here fearful of what Ike's role is gonna be in that "Fire Emblem" crossover game?

I know I am.

Furret

Long Body Pokémon
Anyone else here fearful of what Ike's role is gonna be in that "Fire Emblem" crossover game?

I know I am.
don't worry friend you're not alone, I'm really not looking forward to whatever that presentation was for either of those "FE" games

Nidtendofreak

Smash Hero
NNID
TheNiddo
3DS FC
3668-7651-8940
I'm pretty sure its going to be a terrible game and I have no interest in it.

Looks like high schoolers fusing with the power of FE heroes in a post disaster world that somehow still has super high tech

Last edited:

Furret

Long Body Pokémon
I'm pretty sure its going to be a terrible game and I have no interest in it.

Looks like high schoolers fusing with the power of FE heroes in a post disaster world that somehow still has super high tech
nice description of every atlus games in general there actually
keep in mind I didn't like awakening either and now it feels like they are taking the success of that to weeaboo levels. Most of my hate goes to character design

from this
to this

I just want someone to wallow in hatred with me QQ

Last edited:

xXIke-SamaXx

Smash Lord
NNID
Azureflame92
nice description of every atlus games in general here actually
keep in mind I didn't like awakening either and now it feels like they are taking the success of that to weeaboo levels. Most of my hate goes to character design

from this
to this

I'm here brother, it's such a sad thing indeed, My beloved Fire Emblem is being tainted be weebs :(, I want Senri Kita back, she was the best artist Fire Emblem could hope for, I love the idea of the game but the art direction still disgust me, but that's only exclusive for the Nohr side, the Hoshido side art direction is really good. in fact I think Kozaki Yusuke is good with Japanese armor,but when it comes to western armor he butchers everything!

Arrei

Smash Lord
nice description of every atlus games in general there actually

from this
to this

Aren't you picking two characters of very different roles and archetypes to compare, there? That second character is still a lot more covered up than, say, Sonia from FE7 was. And Radiant Dawn had see-through skirts for the female Arch Sages...

xXIke-SamaXx

Smash Lord
NNID
Azureflame92
Aren't you picking two characters of very different roles and archetypes to compare, there? That second character is still a lot more covered up than, say, Sonia from FE7 was. And Radiant Dawn had see-through skirts for the female Arch Sages...
They are both Dragon Knights! and To be honest I don't mind the sexualization, what I'm angry at is the stupid looking armor that's it!

Last edited:

Arrei

Smash Lord
Their character, not their class. One's the upstanding honorable type, the other's the dark femme fatale. Sonia was a Sage, but so were Nino and Lute.

xXIke-SamaXx

Smash Lord
NNID
Azureflame92
Their character, not their class. One's the upstanding honorable type, the other's the dark femme fatale. Sonia was a Sage, but so were Nino and Lute.
The art direction is the problem here, not the character herself, in fact she's not my main concern!,

This things is what I hate! look at the design, the aimless art direction, the lack of originality, and most of all the lack of cohesiveness, Fire Emblem had it's share of silly looking characters, but to be honest they all had a theme in their design, there was a sense of cohesiveness with their designs, they mesh well with other character, if I was cutoff the internet and the world after Fire Emblem Radiant Dawn, and you showed this girl and told me she's a character in the next Fire Emblem I would call you a liar, I would deny it with all I have...

Last edited:

Arrei

Smash Lord
Well, if poor fashion sense was the topic, I'd agree with you there, but like you were saying about his butchering western armor designs that's more a problem with the artist's tastes and sensibilities than any sort of "weeabooism".

gotdang rocket ship knights

In fact I just took a second look at the FE If trailer and just realized... holy cow, that dragon knight lady's armor is silly. Not even in the fanservicey way, just... what the heck is that?

Last edited:

Furret

Long Body Pokémon
It's not femme fatale it's impracticable/death wish. she is wearing armor, excuse me "armor"
there are other reasons, but this one is a bit specific to this character, although it does reappear in other characters specially with plates of armor that have cups built into them.

xXIke-SamaXx

Smash Lord
NNID
Azureflame92
It's not femme fatale it's impracticable/death wish. she is wearing armor, excuse me "armor"
there are other reasons, but this one is a bit specific to this character, although it does reappear in other characters specially with plates of armor that have cups built into them.
You can see it from another angle, she doesn't care!, she cares about looking good in battle, she so sure of her skills that she wear such a revealing armor!

Furret

Long Body Pokémon
You can see it from another angle, she doesn't care!, she cares about looking good in battle, she so sure of her skills that she wear such a revealing armor!
oh, I just can't win can I?
Whatever maybe they'll prove me wrong in the next game, maybe they won't. But you are right about one thing you didn't mention. I shouldn't judge too much until I figure out what this mess actually is

Last edited:

xXIke-SamaXx

Smash Lord
NNID
Azureflame92
oh, I just can't win can I?
Whatever maybe they'll prove me wrong in the next game, maybe they won't. But you are right about one thing you didn't mention. I shouldn't judge too much until I figure out what this mess actually is
We will see man, I will always root for the art direction to go back to the way it was!

Trueblade

Smash Cadet
NNID
TruestBlade
3DS FC
0061-0303-4576

I know I am.
Probably nothing as it just appears to be a marriage of elements from both series, instead of the typical crossover character smorgasbord.

I could always be wrong. We need to see way more though. I'm down if it winds up being a good game.

Sol0ke

Smash Ace
Ike's going to be part of the mafia

In all seriousness, I'm actually looking foward to SMT x FE

Last edited:

Arrei

Smash Lord
Besides something to make recovering with Aether better, I'd like something to change about Dair. Its spike hitbox is just so ludicrously finicky compared to so many other spikes, and it having a tipper mechanic, being so slow, being narrow on top of that, and being active for only two frames all comes together for one tidy package of blech.

Last edited:

Mario766

Smash Lord
NNID
Down air change would be nice.

I actually want something to make Ike better in neutral. It's so rough against the strong characters to play neutral.

Aether recovering backwards could make for really nice Aether edgeguards since we could go out and still get the spike hit while recovering.

Xuan Wu

Valor Ablaze
NNID
Xuanwu_2014
In order of priority:

+ Aether can snap ledges backward again.

Not only will this save us from accidental SDs, but Ike will also regain his spiking game from SSBB.

+ Damage multiplier on Counter raised from 1.2x to 1.3x

For a character that is known to hit hard, why is his Counter at least not more powerful than that of Marth and Lucina's?

+ D-air regains its lingering hitbox.

The stricter meteor hitbox does not bother me, but could you imagine what ledge trumping would be like if he had his D-air from SSBB?

+ Jab damage output increased from 11% to 12%.

How is it that Ike Jab cannot hit as hard, if not harder than Shulk's, who appears to be much less muscular than him?

+ F-air damage output increased from 12% to 13%.

Same as the above. Toon Link's F-air hits harder than that. You would think that a swift blow from a huge sword, like Ragnell, would inflict just as much, if not more damage than that.

Ike was buffed due to his placement in the last Japanese tier list, right? A few months later, despite considerable buffs, he is still near the bottom in the updated list. Could more buffs possibly be imminent?

^-^

Last edited:

Mario766

Smash Lord
NNID
It's likely.

Ike won't change very much without some help in neutral though I bet. Even with 2 auto cancelled aerials, his frame data will limit Ike.

Arrei

Smash Lord
Wasn't Marth/Lucina's counter a 1.1x multiplier instead of Ike's 1.2?

Xuan Wu

Valor Ablaze
NNID
Xuanwu_2014
Last edited:

Mario766

Smash Lord
NNID
If Smash Counter was faster it'd probably be the best counter we have. Power Vision does the same thing as Smash Counter but many many times better. Very sad.

Furret

Long Body Pokémon
honestly I don't like counters in this game, with rage they become really ridiculous
also like 20% of the cast has them now

Last edited:

ZeldaMaster

Smash Lord
Remember guys, Awakening didn't change Fire Emblem, the fanbase did. Just stay way from the Awakening weebs, and enjoy Fire Emblem for what it is! Awakening wasn't a bad game at all, the fans it produced however, ugh...

Furret

Long Body Pokémon
Remember guys, Awakening didn't change Fire Emblem, the fanbase did. Just stay way from the Awakening weebs, and enjoy Fire Emblem for what it is! Awakening wasn't a bad game at all, the fans it produced however, ugh...
I didn't enjoy wakening very much though

xXIke-SamaXx

Smash Lord
NNID
Azureflame92
honestly I don't like counters in this game, with rage they become really ridiculous
also like 20% of the cast has them now
Imagine if Ike's Down B instead of Counter was Weapon Change, where Ike wields the Urvan, and bashes everyone with it with extra damage, but he becomes slower, and to counter that, Ragnell Ike will be faster and weaker, with extra range on his attack, where every attack produces a small wave that increases the range of Ragnell and allows for good spacing. OFC that is my dream moveset xD

Ekans647

Smash Lord
NNID
Ekans647
3DS FC
2019-9808-9029
What was so bad about the awakening fanbase?
Imagine if Ike's Down B instead of Counter was Weapon Change, where Ike wields the Urvan, and bashes everyone with it with extra damage, but he becomes slower, and to counter that, Ragnell Ike will be faster and weaker, with extra range on his attack, where every attack produces a small wave that increases the range of Ragnell and allows for good spacing. OFC that is my dream moveset xD
I'd like for Ike to have Double-Edge Dance instead of Counter or Quick Draw.

Ekans647

Smash Lord
NNID
Ekans647
3DS FC
2019-9808-9029
They like Fire Emblem for the wrong reasons, and the fact that they like Fire Emblem for these wrong reasons which might harm the true Fire Emblem formula which will be more catered for those new Fire Emblem "fans".
What wrong reasons? While I liked Awakening, but not as much as RD, and I haven't even finished it yet.

Ekans647

Smash Lord
NNID
Ekans647
3DS FC
2019-9808-9029
Imagine starting from RD or earlier and going to Awakening while its being super hyped up. You can see why some of us really don't like it.
Lack of story and decrease in difficulty? Honestly, I liked Awakening because of it's expanded gameplay mechanics and characters.

Mario766

Smash Lord
NNID
That's probably the only good parts of the game.

It's extremely easy, and it only gets easier with DLC.

I'll stick to PoR and Holy War.

and 776.

Top Bottom