• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Q&A -Fox Advice/Questions Topic-

sanchaz

Smash Lord
I wish Sheik was a good character capable of winning big tournaments.
Sheik is a good character. Each of the top five characters have a great chance in winning a major.

I believe its the player's fault that messes up simple Sheik gameplay, such as giving up position, or losing their patience against a fox.

lord karn

Smash Master
I know this is kinda late to the fair discussion that was going on earlier, but I started experimenting with it again. I've found that it's really good to use against opponents standing on the edge of a platform with their shield up. The first hit will knock them off, and the second will come out immediately and hit them. Using other aerials is risky because they can land pretty fast and shield or do a fast aerial.

Zoler

Smash Ace
Sheik is a good character. Each of the top five characters have a great chance in winning a major.

I believe its the player's fault that messes up simple Sheik gameplay, such as giving up position, or losing their patience against a fox.
Sheik cannot win a national either, just like fox, marth and falcon.

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend

You clearly didn't read the thread.

yea thats cuz everyone sucks vs ganon. theres like 4 ganons and 400 foxes. if it were the other way around youd get 4 stocked lol

Bing

Smash Master
I was just thinking, If Mango would have beaten Armada in Winners finals or whatever it was at Apex. That would have ment that Armada would be playing Hbox in Losers finals. Now knowing that Hbox took to Armada to the second set in gfs. Does anyone think that We could have had a Mango vs Hbox gfs?

Just curious lol

Aefice

Smash Apprentice
which fox players do you guys think are the best at manipulating their opponent?

apart from mango javi

whose got mind games

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
if you are looking for rudimentary things, every top fox has tricks you can learn. Every one of them manipulates their opponents. If you play in patterns you lose.

Jim Morrison

Smash Authority
Dash attack à la SSB64 vs a Falcon recovering high and dropping to either the edge or stage. Is this a good option? It has been working out pretty well for me since I can stay on stage, cover Falcon recovering to the edge and also on-stage. It does have some flaws where a perfectly spaced weave avoids it...

But it dash attack viable in edgeguarding Falcon?

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
yeah sometimes i dash attack when they go for the edge. The real key to edgeguarding falcon is to always react to his movements and not fall for the bait. Unless he can edge-cancel, you can simply stand with your nose to the edge and wait. If he goes back, ftilt or w/e. If he goes on stage, usmash/uair -> combo/kill

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
Well lets define "sweetspot".

Falcon always sticks his head above the stage, the reverse upb doesn't go any lower, it simply is farther from the stage so sometimes dodges attacks.

In any case, falcon coming from below is really bad. Just dsmash, dash attack, ftilt, nair, ANYTHING. They all hit. Thats assuming you can't just grab the edge, which is the best edgeguard.

Falcon's recovery is much better from above, though its still not that good.

Sixth-Sense

Smash Ace
San Francisco, Venezuela (not the famous one)
Question: i've been having a hard time usmash out of shine, usually i do it like....20% of the time? how to get consistent in doing that and does it have to be running? because when i do pull it off, only when i'm dashing/running because when i do it standing it doesn't work. i'm not sure if it's DI or where i hit them with the shine.

Oh and HOW DO I GET SHDL DOWN? i can only do in 3/4 of the normal speed in training mode. HOW do you learn the timing or do you just have to be really fast? Thanks

Top Bottom