• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Q&A -Fox Advice/Questions Topic-

JPOBS

Smash Hero
yo i had a dream that I was playing vs SW and Toph in doubles at Impulse, and i was playing jiggs and the set was tied 1-1, and then SW wouldnt let me go jiggs for gme 3 cuz he was afraid he was gonna lose to some scrub so i flipped out and we got into a huge argument. Shots were fired.

PK Webb

Smash Champion
yo i had a dream that I was playing vs SW and Toph in doubles at Impulse, and i was playing jiggs and the set was tied 1-1, and then SW wouldnt let me go jiggs for gme 3 cuz he was afraid he was gonna lose to some scrub so i flipped out and we got into a huge argument. Shots were fired.
what i understand from this is u like dreaming about men lol. but i respect the fact shots were fired

ArcNatural

Banned ( ∫x, δx Points)
Any tips for runoff pivot shine bair?

I've been trying to get this down for edge guards but I keep ****ing up the Pivot and doing fairs instead of bairs. :(
Why not just run off -> shine -> turnaround -> dbj -> bair?

If this is what your referring to, I don't use X or Y to do the double jump and just use the c-stick for bair direction.

voorhese

Smash Master
Just run off -> shine -> half circle from down to up (left or right depending on side of the stage ofc) -> bair on the cstick

voorhese

Smash Master
Try to just make sure to do a half circle, it will make ur timing easier. Because u have to turn around b4 u can jump that way.

omgwtfToph

Smash Master
LOL. You know it wouldn't go down like that in reality though.

weon - X

Smash Ace
oh ya shine usmash (RUNNING) is the beez i've been trying to find good uses for it for a long time

i think everyone should have it in their arsenal for punishing missed techs at the very least, but it's actually pretty good as a straight up meaty *** approach if u want to push a shielding dude back onto the ledge
what i've done a couple of times similar (on marth till now) is when hes on the edge of the stage i go at him and nair shine his shield, then this causes him to do that ******** tumble to grab the edge, while hes on that animation i just upsmash after the shine.

ShroudedOne

Smash Hero
Premium
What are optimal punishes that you guys like doing in the ditto/vs Falco when you get a grab below 30-35% (the percent where utilt/dash attack/other follows won't launch enough to start a reliable combo). I've been uthrow > upsmashing everwhere except for FD (where I would just chaingrab), but I feel like there are better, more optimal punishes that can be performed at these percents. Maybe I'll CG on DL too (or shine > upsmash? It's strictly better than upsmash, but I don't know that it's guaranteed).

tl;dr: Looking for follows that I can do on low percent grabs on Fox/Falco. Thanks in advance.

ShroudedOne

Smash Hero
Premium
Below 20? It's even that low? Didn't know. So what about 20-35? Is that sh uair like Bing suggested, or can I just utilt at that point (I know, I could just turn on my gamecube, but I'm not near it at the moment)

Lovage

Smash Hero
no u cannot uthrow utilt falco at 20-30 it won't do anything

uthrow usmash is your best bet, or uthrow them onto platform and uair missed tech/bair the tech

ShroudedOne

Smash Hero
Premium
I thought about coloring my text, but then I realized that no one needs more cues to recognize this drivel as mine.

Wenbobular

Smash Hero
So Twitch turned into Bones ... who turned into leffen ... who turned back to Bones again ...

Also how bad is just throwing them onto a platform and doing a platform techchase? If you hit them with an Upair on a platform you can usually get at least 1 more solid hit right?

omgwtfToph

Smash Master
chaingrab is good on all stages, then uair them if they go on the platform. I guess that's probably my bread and butter. Or you can usmash and techchase, which is very reliable and also leads to fat damage.

SW/eggz will chaingrab in the middle area on platform stages while the other space animal tries to DI to the platform, then they bthrow as you try to DI to the platform so you end up DI'ing the bthrow inward, which leads to a techchase. It seems really good because you can reliably techchase on reaction if you're quick, although I never go for it. Usually I just uthrow them onto the platform and try to read their tech there.

I don't like hitting platform techs with bair at low percent because while it's very easy and low-risk, the return is also pretty low.

Then again, honestly all of your options out of grab are very good provided they give you a knockdown cuz you can techchase. Conclusively, you can do whatever the **** you wanna do.

Engo

Smash Ace
Techchasing on platform with drill is something I do on occasion mostly because of habit from watching videos and stuff. Is this actually good or should rely on backair/upair instead?

edit: I tend to do more when they miss the tech now that I think about it.

Sometimes it gets me a drill grab into other stuff which is nice but I dunno if this is just me getting lucky

JPOBS

Smash Hero
Drill them on the platform is really bad. All they have to do is hold a direction and they will slide off the side and your combo ends.

unknown522

Some guy
It'll make a difference in some cases.

Well, either way, you can shine oos after the aerial.

If you shielded the laser, then you may be able to u-smash oos to stuff the aerial.

You can roll I guess

Sidestep on the oncoming aerial

Uhh FH over the d-air if you shielded the laser. You may get hit though, but sometimes works

WD oos

If not shielding when the laser hits, you may be able to dash away to avoid his aerial

You could CC his aerial then shine him (his d-air below 10% and his n-air below 60% I think it was).

Other people could probably give better advice

:phone:

Top Bottom