• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social "For my Father" - Lucina Social Thread

Gokart48

Smash Cadet
NNID
Gokart48
Yeah, He was respected by almost every gamer except Nintendo's. I got mad when I realized that the last comments Iwata had received from fans were all criticism about E3. "MPFF sucks!!!1! cAncel it!!1!1" "ACAP? What a s***, i wanT ac u!!1!1" "Nintendo is DOOOOOOOOOOOOOMED!1!1!1!1"
Meanwhile he was dying...
To be fair, he's been hearing that since the day he took office. Internet is full of trolls and complainers. Remember how terrible the Wii was supposed to be? Not to mention that there was some legitimate feedback that fans were giving at E3 this year. However, he was definitely the closest to his fans, and he genuinely cared. You don't use this word too often with CEOs, but he had a lot of integrity. As much as it caught us all by surprise, his health has been declining long before this stuff. Which does make it that much more special that he took whatever time he could to give those Directs, and one last Muppet encore.

Whatever direction Nintendo takes next gen will still have a part of his legacy with him. Which is why I look forward to it.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Happy Anniversary of Lucina's reveal, guys!

I actually registered on these boards today a year ago. I was more of a Shulk supporter but I was content with Lucina. c: and sure enough Shulk came like a month later. And I really liked the reveal trailer that showed a year ago.

Ps. Has this video ever been shared here before? I don't think it has anything inappropriate and it's good for a laugh. It's also for the Xenoblade fans here if any. :awesome:

Welp, I'll be getting ready for work now so see y'all later

Last edited:

TheWerdna

Smash Lord
So guys, a year has passed since these two were announced for smash

Congratulations on a year since being announced for smash, Robin and Lucina.

ZeroSnipist

Smash Apprentice
Hey Lucina players! We from the Ryu boards are making a doubles thread. The purpose of the thread is to find the best partner for Ryu. I'm going to invite as many people I can at once and get discussions going on all at once. We invite you to our dojo and hope you could help us discuss Lucina and Ryu in doubles. Thank you in advance!

Gokart48

Smash Cadet
NNID
Gokart48
Hey Lucina players! We from the Ryu boards are making a doubles thread. The purpose of the thread is to find the best partner for Ryu. I'm going to invite as many people I can at once and get discussions going on all at once. We invite you to our dojo and hope you could help us discuss Lucina and Ryu in doubles. Thank you in advance!
Sorry buddy, Lucina and Robin make the best doubles partners. Plus they get bonus stats once they reach S rank :cool:

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
To all Lucinas out there, the Rosalina sub-forum has a match-up discussion thread all set up to analyze Rosalina's match-up against Lucina. Got anything to share for the Rosalina vs. Lucina match-up? Then head to the following thread link...

http://smashboards.com/threads/410745/

In terms of the rules, be sure to go to the directory thread.

http://smashboards.com/threads/404194/

Metallinatus

Smash Lord
Wow I'm surprised.... doesn't Lucina has ton of fans? I was expecting to see much more comments in this thread.... this has the lowest number of comments out of all the FE characters' Social Thread....
Robin's has over a thousand pages of comments for some reason btw, while all the others have less than 60 each.
Ok, just looked when this thread was created, it is quite new for some reason.... that explains it.
Anyway, hi and vote Lyn at the Smash Ballot for a better future. :4lucina::4robinm::4myfriends::4marth::4feroy:

Last edited:

TheWerdna

Smash Lord
Wow I'm surprised.... doesn't Lucina has ton of fans? I was expecting to see much more comments in this thread.... this has the lowest number of comments out of all the FE characters' Social Thread....
Robin's has over a thousand pages of comments for some reason btw, while all the others have less than 60 each.
Ok, just looked when this thread was created, it is quite new for some reason.... that explains it.
Anyway, hi and vote Lyn at the Smash Ballot for a better future.
Basically the old thread was very active, but was almost always off topic, so it was closed down. Thus most of the people who were regulars of this thread migrated over to the Robin thread and never really came back once the new one was made.

Metallinatus

Smash Lord
Basically the old thread was very active, but was almost always off topic, so it was closed down. Thus most of the people who were regulars of this thread migrated over to the Robin thread and never really came back once the new one was made.
lol That explains a lot....
What is "being off topic" here? Driving the discussion away from Lucina? Or from Fire Emblem? Or from Smash in general? :p

TheWerdna

Smash Lord
lol That explains a lot....
What is "being off topic" here? Driving the discussion away from Lucina? Or from Fire Emblem? Or from Smash in general? :p
Basically is had gotten to the point there is there was near zero Smash discussion, the thread having basically become the "Robin x Lucina shipping", "Lucina Fanart", and "Fire Emblem: Awakening" discussion thread.

Last edited:

Metallinatus

Smash Lord
Basically is had gotten to the point there is there was near zero Smash discussion, the thread having basically become the "Robin x Lucina shipping", "Lucina Fanart", and "Fire Emblem: Awakening" discussion thread.
Well, I guess that is what is to be expected and accepted on a Social Thread, which is usually to discuss stuff off topic indeed.... But now I know what 80% or more of those 1000+ pages in Robin's ST is probably made of :p
So let's hope some more people come here to discuss something other than that, because at that enormous amount I can understand how people can grow tired of that stuff despite being a social thread :grin:

Tacticulbacon

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Tacticulbacon
Ah, the good old days...

TheWerdna

Smash Lord
Well, I guess that is what is to be expected and accepted on a Social Thread, which is usually to discuss stuff off topic indeed.... But now I know what 80% or more of those 1000+ pages in Robin's ST is probably made of :p
So let's hope some more people come here to discuss something other than that, because at that enormous amount I can understand how people can grow tired of that stuff despite being a social thread :grin:
*shrugs* Mods made the call, nothing that could be done.

But yeah, I kinda wish it was more active around here.

Gokart48

Smash Cadet
NNID
Gokart48
*shrugs* Mods made the call, nothing that could be done.

But yeah, I kinda wish it was more active around here.
Yeah it is a bit quiet, and I imagine a lot of the actual combat talk get discussed in the Marth boards. So it's tough to talk about much else over here.

TheWerdna

Smash Lord
Yeah it is a bit quiet, and I imagine a lot of the actual combat talk get discussed in the Marth boards. So it's tough to talk about much else over here.
Agreed, and now all FE discussion goes on in the Robin thread

In other news, I think we could use some more fanart. This to the day is one of my favorite pieces of Lucina fanart

Last edited:

Murrayy

Smash Cadet
NNID
Murray97
Guys I'm having thoughts about switching away from Lucina as my main. Pls convince me not to :(

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
Guys I'm having thoughts about switching away from Lucina as my main. Pls convince me not to :(
Unfortunately, I decided to drop her as one of my mains because I haven't played as her as much as I thought I would...and she was my second most hyped character, too.

Murrayy

Smash Cadet
NNID
Murray97
Unfortunately, I decided to drop her as one of my mains because I haven't played as her as much as I thought I would...and she was my second most hyped character, too.
I still play her the most of anyone else and she was easily my most hyped character before launch. It just makes me really sad when I can pick someone like ZSS or Rosalina and do better with little practice compared to my Lucina.

TheWerdna

Smash Lord
I still play her the most of anyone else and she was easily my most hyped character before launch. It just makes me really sad when I can pick someone like ZSS or Rosalina and do better with little practice compared to my Lucina.
The problem is that Marth/Lucina just aren't all that great currently. Really what they need is a reduced lag time on attacks so they can combo better.

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
It was a tough decision to make but I hope maybe I'll find the time and effort to pick her back up again.

Murrayy

Smash Cadet
NNID
Murray97
The problem is that Marth/Lucina just aren't all that great currently. Really what they need is a reduced lag time on attacks so they can combo better.
Yeah, it sucks that you can't even space a fair on a shield without getting punished.

Metallinatus

Smash Lord
It's funny because Rosalina was my most hyped character.... then she was my first "main".... then I switched her with Palutena, then I went Lucina after I unlocked her and then I liked too much Sheik the first few times I used her to simply not change my main.... again.
Currently almost changing Sheik with Mewtwo while waiting for that sweet Lyn DLC to happen so I can seal the deal maining her.

D

Deleted member

I'm really weird. I main Lucina, Marth, and Roy. And with these types of characters it seems I have to main only one of them or none of them at all. :/
I'm torn between the 3 and can't decide on who should be my 'number 1' main.

Last edited by a moderator:

Gokart48

Smash Cadet
NNID
Gokart48
I like to use Lucina and Pacman. But I get crushed by Robin or Yoshi characters that know what they are doing.

Last edited:

Skyfox2000

War it never changes...
NNID
Skyfox2000
Hi... i recently picked up Lucina and i was wondering if you guys knew any good combos/kill moves? I may be posting this in the wrong thread, but i was just wondering.

Locuan

D&D Obsessed
BRoomer
Hi... i recently picked up Lucina and i was wondering if you guys knew any good combos/kill moves? I may be posting this in the wrong thread, but i was just wondering.
Skyfox, there's no need to post the same message more than once on various threads. It can be considered spam. We have a Question and Answer Thread you can use to ask questions like these:
http://smashboards.com/threads/lucina-question-and-answer-thread.397097/

On another note, Lucina and Marth are characters that are not reliant on combos. For more information on the character and how to play them we have our index you can use to see many threads you could consider relevant.
http://smashboards.com/threads/read-me-lucina-boards-table-of-contents.385074/

I recommend though reading @EternalFlame's guide:
http://smashboards.com/guides/the-blade-of-two-fates-marth-lucina-guide.89/

Skyfox2000

War it never changes...
NNID
Skyfox2000
Skyfox, there's no need to post the same message more than once on various threads. It can be considered spam. We have a Question and Answer Thread you can use to ask questions like these:
http://smashboards.com/threads/lucina-question-and-answer-thread.397097/

On another note, Lucina and Marth are characters that are not reliant on combos. For more information on the character and how to play them we have our index you can use to see many threads you could consider relevant.
http://smashboards.com/threads/read-me-lucina-boards-table-of-contents.385074/

I recommend though reading @EternalFlame's guide:
http://smashboards.com/guides/the-blade-of-two-fates-marth-lucina-guide.89/
Thank you! I am terribly sorry.

TheWerdna

Smash Lord
I got the only amiibo I'll ever need today. Been sold out for so long.

I still have one amiibo I need to get, since I think my Lucina amiibo will get lonely without her "tiny plastic husband" amiibo.

Skyfox2000

War it never changes...
NNID
Skyfox2000
I have a question. How come for Marth/Lucina people doesn't use Dancing Blade effectively in Tournament play? I'm new to Lucina. Is it natural for Dancing Blade to come out slow? I know it's easily punished!

Warr

Smash Cadet
I have been playing Sm4sh the day the 3DS version was released, and I recently got aquatinted with the Wii U version. While my usual main is Shulk, I do play a lot of Lucina, for a multitude of reasons.

So when I hop on the Miiverse stage as Lucina, I do see a good chunk of the posts saying that she is bad, worse than Marth, etc. I would usually shrug this off (I saw the same thing for Zelda and Shulk) however I am constantly seeing around the web and in real life that Lucina is just a worse version of Marth. Is this entirely the case?I am aware that there is a thread comparing the two fighters, however I do want to put my own two sense on this situation, talking about the common complaint that Lucina gets and how she counteracts it,

Without further adieu, let us begin.

Lucina lacks the tip mechanic on her sword.
While Marth may have a more powerful tip, Lucina has a more balanced blade, lacking a sweet spot.

Marth's tip has what made him high tear constantly. I played him occasionally in Melee and frequently in brawl and I do agree it does become useful when trying to rack up percent on your opponent. However, Marth has a few flaws with his tipper.

It requires constant spacing of you and your opponent, otherwise you are landing weaker hits and them, leaving a shorter lag time for them to land a quick grab or tilt attack. This mostly comes up with arial attacks, however it does come up time to time on the land as well.

In the late game, Marth's tipper makes or breaks him. A simple left/right tilt can lead to an easy knockout, but if you slip, its all over for you.

How does Lucina prevail in this situation?

With Lucina having the power between Marth's base and Tip throughout the whole blade, she becomes much easier to use within the air, leading to some nice combos. Many times I have started a combo with the Forward Air, which then can lead to another, or a Up-Air, and eventually leave the opponent in a high enough percent to finish off with a smash attack or a Shield Breaker.

Speaking of smash attacks, Lucina is defiantly more viable than Marth in this area. Marth has one good smash for his tip, and that is the Up-smash. While his Side Smash can lead off to an early kill, the tip is harder to pull off, as most of the range is being used with the base. This is more apparent in his down-smash. Lucina has no worries about that.

Counter is a vital move in a lot of sword fighters. This is no different for Lucina and Marth. Lucina prevails once again, as this attack makes them preform an upward swing. Most counters take place extremely up close. Can you see where this is going? Once again, Lucina has the advantage. She doesn't have to worry about countering a extremely powerful move, like a Falcon Side smash or Ness' PK Flash. Once she counters and hits, they are out of town. Marth on the other hand surely has a good chance of KOing with a Sour Spot counter, however it proves difficult. When you are about to get slammed up close, you want as much power as possible on your counter. Lucina has the better counter in most situations.

Shield Breaker is the one area where Marth prevails. This attack is entirely Tip, and Lucina is nothing compared to Marth. When both are fully charged, Marth has an easier time getting a kill. They are both useful, as they both bring amazing power and can break shields.

So, is this a Marth trash thread?

Absolutely not. They are not the same character, they may be clones in moveset, however they both have entirely different play styles, for different kinds of players. I am merely showing where Marth does not do as well as Lucina.

Marth is more of a defensive player with his constant spacing. They don't necessarily aggro first, they wait for their opponent to advance and then space themselves accordingly. They don't want to take a lot of hits, however they do want to deal a lot of them, so they can get an early kill with their tip Front- or Up-Smash. However, if an opponent lands a good combo, they can have a harder time getting up due to their circumstantial blade. Overall, its a more technical way of playing.

Lucina is meant to be more aggressive than Marth. She can take hits, but still deal them back with good counters and arial combos. Her smashes do lack less knockback and damage potential, however in the later game when percents are high that doesn't really apply. Lucina can start combos simply with her A attack. Its just that if their opponent attacks them faster and slams them harder they are in trouble. She has a harder time knocking out in the early game, in which Marth prevails.

In conclusion, neither character is worse than the other. While they may share the same moveset, they both act in differing play styles, and usually players choose one or the other, based on how they usually go about attacking their opponents. It is up to you to decide which player is more beneficial to you.

Thank you for reading my thread, sorry if I did repeat anything I am new.

LucinaNab1

Smash Apprentice
NNID
SSB311007Bond
Most players will tell you that "you lack skill and therefore Lucina will seem better" but that's such a straw man argument to me. You paid 60 dollars for the game, man. Don't let anyone tell you how to use your money, and the only time you have to listen to what anyone says is when you're asking for true help and advice, or when you attempt to become professional and get help for that.

Like you might see in various other places, keep loving who you love. lol

Top Bottom