• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social "For my Father" - Lucina Social Thread

Gokart48

Smash Cadet
NNID
Gokart48
@ TheWerdna TheWerdna

My bad, I read Luna as Lucina. So no, nothing yet about them talking together. They are a part of a different world. So that was another missed opportunity.

Locuan

D&D Obsessed
BRoomer
I'm still really unsure about Fates. I don't like the business decision to separate it into different versions at all. I was really salty after reading about that decision yesterday. However, after reading the Iwata Asks for FE: Fates I understood some of the reasoning but I still believe it doesn't justify it.

Gokart48

Smash Cadet
NNID
Gokart48
It somewhat makes sense. Three full games for the price of two. What concerns me is the decisions they made inside the game that don't make it feel like a proper FE game

Locuan

D&D Obsessed
BRoomer
It somewhat makes sense. Three full games for the price of two. What concerns me is the decisions they made inside the game that don't make it feel like a proper FE game
It's still the same game just taking different paths in the story. Not justified in my book unless the games are completely different. As in three complete different entries in the series.

Last edited:

TheWerdna

Smash Lord
That and their obsession of shoehorning is stuff from Awakening regardless of if it makes any sense or not.

And I loved Awakening, but really, Fates did not need
shoehorned 2ed gens and certain characters inclusions.

BSXDrayden

Smash Apprentice
NNID
BladeSatoshiX
So a friend of mine said that if he saw a Lucina amiibo anywhere then he'd buy me it and I could pick it up and pay him later. Well, guess what? He found one! So I'll be getting a Lucina amiibo this August!

Also yeah I was super excited for Fates but there are a lot of things making me want to avoid it now.

TheWerdna

Smash Lord
On the bright side, I heard the actual story is quite good... just some of the things they are doing in regards to characters in that story is super dumb.

D

Deleted member

I don't like the fact that Fates is separated into two (or three? I don't know) games, I just wish it was one game put together. That and it's kind of weird that there's some aspects in the game where you 'strip' characters or whatever I'm not too sure. Regardless of that, I'm still hyped about it because I heard the story is great and I'm playing it for the story, not for the waifus or husbandos.

Last edited by a moderator:

Gokart48

Smash Cadet
NNID
Gokart48
Well it's tough. I wanted an entirely new game with a similar theme, but this seems very, very Japanese. Granted, I am not an expert on their culture, but most FE games sort of had that western or neutral feel. And I am with Werdna, I don't like how much they shoehorned from Awakening. Overall I know it will be a great game, but I don't think the characters will be as memorable as the Awakening cast. The combat might be better, but that is the only thing I am excited about. Because everyone in Fire Emblem was memorable, and there was only one person out of the 52 that I didn't like. Heck, even Kellam, the person everyone forgets was great, because that is literally his character.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Speaking of Kellam, it's his birthday today. c:

Also, what's 'shoehorned'? o.o

Gokart48

Smash Cadet
NNID
Gokart48
Lol wow, perfect timing.

Shoehorned means some of the things in Awakening were placed into Fates even though they didn't really fit. I don't want to give out spoilers, but there are somethings from Awakeing that were put in purely for fan service and it sort of took away the creativity and uniqueness of the game

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157
Well it's tough. I wanted an entirely new game with a similar theme, but this seems very, very Japanese. Granted, I am not an expert on their culture, but most FE games sort of had that western or neutral feel. And I am with Werdna, I don't like how much they shoehorned from Awakening. Overall I know it will be a great game, but I don't think the characters will be as memorable as the Awakening cast. The combat might be better, but that is the only thing I am excited about. Because everyone in Fire Emblem was memorable, and there was only one person out of the 52 that I didn't like. Heck, even Kellam, the person everyone forgets was great, because that is literally his character.
Who is that one character?

Locuan

D&D Obsessed
BRoomer
On the bright side, I heard the actual story is quite good... just some of the things they are doing in regards to characters in that story is super dumb.
Yep. Apparently the story is being developed by a very famous writer in Japan. He's written things like manga, tv shows, etc.

Funkermonster

The Clown
NNID
Funkermonster
3DS FC
3308-4834-0412
Well I'm be damned.... in 2 ways:

1. While I was taking a nap, an announcement on Facebook finally updated my state's Power Rankings and I found it when I woke up late afternoon, and one of its members at #7 is a Lucina main and Villager secondary. At first, I did not know who he was and did not think I met him before or seen him play in a tournament, but he later came and told me that I recently played against him in a doubles last Saturday, so I did meet him before (albeit only once). Gotta say this PR was kind of surprising to me, Lucina is not a character I was suspecting to be on any PR considering her low popularity in competitive play and it coming from a guy I barely met. And not only do we have a Lucina on our PR, but we also got other low tiers on it like :4gaw:,:4marth:,:4jigglypuff:, & :4littlemac: and we don't have a single Sheik. Weirdest PR I've ever seen.

2. This: http://www.destructoid.com/awakening-saved-the-fire-emblem-series-from-cancellation-294726.phtml

Nonno Umby

Smash Lord
NNID
Nonno_Umby
Switch FC
SW 5218 5477 4500
Don't be rude with Kellam. He is my favourite from Awakening alongside Virion, Cordelia, Anna, Tharja and of course Lucina.

BTW this is my 1st post here...and this is strage since I'm a proud Lucina mainer since D1...

TheWerdna

Smash Lord
Don't be rude with Kellam. He is my favourite from Awakening alongside Virion, Cordelia, Anna, Tharja and of course Lucina.

BTW this is my 1st post here...and this is strage since I'm a proud Lucina mainer since D1...
But we're required to pretend that we, just like the characters, forget that Kellam exists.

Also, welcome! :bluejump:

Edit: This made my day

Last edited:

Phenomiracle

Smash Ace
It's been eight months.

And I'm still angry this song didn't make it in over Duty (Blaze) or Id (Purpose):

IT'S SO PERFECT FOR SMASH.

WHY, SAKURAI.

EnGarde

Smash Ace
3DS FC
4914-3671-9440
The Marth and Lucina Skype chat communities cordially invite Lucina mains from here to join us for our upcoming online tournament on Sunday.

http://challonge.com/swordsdance

Please read the rules linked on the challonge page (eligible fighters for this week will be all sword wielders), and be in the IRC chat room linked on the challonge during the tournament, where you will communicate with your opponents and with me, the TO. Don't forget to sign up and check in on the challonge, or you won't be able to compete.

Slayr was kind enough to upload winners, losers, and grand finals from our last tournament (which was Fire Emblem characters only), so if you'd like to watch, the links are below. :) Spoilers: Lucina won.

challonge - http://challonge.com/fireemblem1
winner's - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HVGBhr_v9sI
loser's - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HtYOYb6cgzI
grand's - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OXzjf-3xrbM

TheWerdna

Smash Lord
Oohh sounds interesting. I would join, but i am kinda mediocre at smash in general XP

Anyhow, I think its time for another fanart dump!

And now for the main course, more Robin x Lucina fluff

As an added bonus, have some little!Lucina adorableness

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Lucina and Meta Knight are so cute together. Not in a shipping way obviously but them in general.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
The Kutthroats have set out to draw their character thanking Iwata for all he has done.

We invite you to do the same.

Gokart48

Smash Cadet
NNID
Gokart48
Thank you Iwata for everything you've done. I'm sorry it had to end so soon, but you were a great man. Rest in Peace Iwata, and we are all grateful for changing the way we looked at things. Thank you again.

TheWerdna

Smash Lord
Thank you Iwata for everything you've done. I'm sorry it had to end so soon, but you were a great man. Rest in Peace Iwata, and we are all grateful for changing the way we looked at things. Thank you again.
Agreed. One of the few gameing executives who I think everyone respected. Rest in Peace Iwata.

D

Deleted member

Hearing about his passing left me so empty and sad inside. I thank him for everything that he has done and that he rests in peace.

Nonno Umby

Smash Lord
NNID
Nonno_Umby
Switch FC
SW 5218 5477 4500
Agreed. One of the few gameing executives who I think everyone respected. Rest in Peace Iwata.
Yeah, He was respected by almost every gamer except Nintendo's. I got mad when I realized that the last comments Iwata had received from fans were all criticism about E3. "MPFF sucks!!!1! cAncel it!!1!1" "ACAP? What a s***, i wanT ac u!!1!1" "Nintendo is DOOOOOOOOOOOOOMED!1!1!1!1"
Meanwhile he was dying...

Last edited:

Swampertrulz

Smash Lord
NNID
Swampertrulz
3DS FC
3883-9003-2472
Sorry that this is off topic on the thread but:
Satoru Iwata, thanks for all the great memories over the years. Your games were great, your humor was 10/10. You were a great President of Nintendo. Rest In Peace.

Top Bottom