• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Fond Du Lac, Wi Tourny! (3/3/07) FE1

Xtra

Smash Ace
NOTICE MOFOS! we wanna start around noon now. try to make it earlier. if u cant let me know!

FR33W!ND3QU3N4UT 1

yep, its goin down! pretty short notice. a good player turnout would be great. we'll need about 4 more set-ups. pm if u can bring a FULL set-up. extension cords would be great. im going to need help running the brackets/everything. i wish nomek lived in FDL! please volunteer! as u can see this will be in about 3 weeks on march 3rd. we'll try to get it started around noon. u can start showing up after 11am for friendlies and warm-ups. teams first, then a break before singles. hopefully we can keep it down to about 45 min. DONT GET LOST! it will be held at 100 E.6th street. fond du lac, wi.

$5singles, $10 teams.

SINGLES RULES
Double Elimination
best of 3 until finals. Winner's finals, loser's finals, and the finals are all best of 5.
4 stock, 8 minute time limit
Neutrals: Final Destination, Battlefield, Yoshi's Story, Fountain of Dreams, Dreamland64, PokeStadium,
Stages banned: Hyrule Temple, Yoshi's Island, Fourside, Brinstar Depths, Big Blue, Termina, Flatzone, Icicle Mountain, Venom, MKI, and Yoshi's Island 64.
Advanced slob picks
Double Blind pick may be called at any time
Ties broken by stock/percentages
No items

DOUBLES RULES
Double Elimination
Matches are best of 3 until finals. Winner's finals, loser's finals, and the finals are all best of 5.
4 stock, 8 minute time limit
Neutrals: Final Destination, Battlefield, Yoshi's Story, Dreamland64, PokeStadium
Stages banned: Hyrule Temple, Yoshi's Island, Fourside, Brinstar Depths, Big Blue, Termina, Flatzone, Icicle Mountain, Venom, MKI,, and Yoshi's Island 64.
Advanced slob picks
Double Blind pick may be called at any time
Ties broken by stock/percentages
No items
Team Attack ON
Life Stealing Allowed

Other Rules & Special Issues

-No stage may be used twice in a Best of 3 or Best of 5 Series, unless both player agree on it.
-Controller mods of ANY kind (short-hop mod, L-trigger mod, etc), except for cosmetic changes (paint job, different colored plastic), are banned. Tournament staff may randomly inspect any controller at their discretion. If you are caught using a banned controller you will be immediately disqualified from the tournament.
- Turbo or programmed buttons of any kind are banned, not that anyone uses them.
-Glitches used to stop your opponent from controlling their character or indefinitely freezing them (Mewtwo's Soul Stunner, the Ice Climber freeze glitch), or any glitch or trick that freezes the match or makes it in any way unfinishable are banned. Using them will result in the immediate forfeit of the match.
- Tactics such as Peach's Wallbombing and Jiggly's Rising Pound are allowed as methods of recovery or to manuever around the stage. Using them (or any similar tactics) to excessively stall a match, such as dropping below levels intentionally and stalling underneath, is banned.
-bring your own controller

if we have time/enough people we can try crews/low tier. but that usually never seems to happen. shelter will be avialable for those who dont want to drive/ want to stay and party! OPEN TO ALL SUGGESTIONS! TELL U'R FRIENDS

heres my cell # just in case. 920-251-8232.

Xtra

Smash Ace
haha anybody else? some input would be nice. maybe we could get enough people from a couple dif. crews and have a small crew battle action! that would be explosive!

DonVitoOR

Smash Apprentice
Since you even mentioned my name (cuz other people dont) Ill come to if you do it, Ill prolly be the Team Taubsi Fan Club Crew tho, lol, peace

vjgyo

Smash Journeyman
f*ck yeah smash that sh*t lube *ss take d*ldos every day

I'm in Fondy every weekend for work anyways, why the corn not?

Xtra

Smash Ace
We have a date set up yet?
i'd like to see some more people planning on attending before i set a date. tell some friends!
we should be alright for set-ups. we may need like one or two more in which case im sure spikes would be obliged....hopefully. if we end up needing some i'll be sure to let u guys know. this would most likely be on a sat. since that usually seems most convenient. if u mention its not and more people sway that way then we'll change it to a fri./sun.

Xtra

Smash Ace
Im considering it
u should TOTALLY come and TOTALLY bring QUAZ w/ u!

i've going to be heading over to specialkyo's house soon to play his ***** as& for a while. im going to ask him if he can have it at his house as he has a lot more room than i do. im sure he would be down but i'd have to try to smooth it over w/ his roomates. who also might be down. if this ends up being okay then most likely i will just make this thread into a tourny thread to attracked more people to comming. if not i was thinking of holding a low tier tourny, since we never get to do it other tournys.
so far players projected:
tongji
nook
donvito
eighteenspikes
vjgyo
tuco
earl
kyll
d4nk
specialkyo (and friends...like 2or3)
tato
warz
hopefully:
marth101
sheik the geek
quaz
meza
(anyone else around spikes who he's able to give a ride)

thats not much people. tell some friends.....or something

Black Hayate

Smash Lord
don't worry about it. i dont' really care about smashfest anyway @_@

tapion are you coming to this?
if you are, let's team

ethen, if we are going we'll be able to take you, but ryan and kevin is going to make fun of you all the way there o_O

xtra, please don't change the date, because i don't want to ask off again

vjgyo

Smash Journeyman
Xtra, is this at your house? How are you going to fit everyone in there???

Steve and I can bring a setup and a power strip, maybe even a few extra extension cords.

When are we doing the Battle For The Wooden Snake Of Honor? I get so sad whenever this epic match gets put off ;_;

Xtra

Smash Ace
alright. black hayate the date will stay the same
vjgyo: no its not at my house. it'll be at specialkyo house. which has ALOT more room than i do. there will be plenty of room. we just have to clean.
as far as the wooden snake goes. i still have to find one, but i can find rubbers.

Sheik_the_Geek

Smash Journeyman
Im gonna need directions first...mapquest would be helpful, my car isnt that great...so id have to see how far what roads i have to drive on.

Puffinator

Smash Ace
if i dont have a forensics meet that weekend ill be there. oh and if lone can give me a ride.

Xtra

Smash Ace
if i dont have a forensics meet that weekend ill be there. oh and if lone can give me a ride.
tha would be sexcelent if u and lone could make it. get some of lone's highschool smash club to come for some pot money as incentive 4 more players.
quaz and sheik u guys should try u'r HARDEST to come!
spikes: who are u all planning on bringing

Sheik_the_Geek

Smash Journeyman
what exacly is wrong with your car? according to mapquest its an hour and 47 mins from racine to fondy... I'd get up to your place first some how
besides it being crap, the front liscence plate fell off from the heavy snowfall like 3 days ago...appearantly its been unbolted and soley supported by 2 plastic clips for like over 5 years.

Xtra

Smash Ace
KYO! of all people i woudln't expect u to bup at 8:30 in the mourn. im comming over for smash sometime today. more people fo sho!

sparrow: yeah that sucks u cant make it. but we should get down sometime during u'r spring break.

geek: u dont need bumpers or front license plates! see if u can give someone else there a ride. more gas money. seems like theres a few of u down there now.

OF 'til I OD

More vibes, please.
3DS FC
3797-8618-3772
Switch FC
SW-4939-9118-0296
If Black Hayate goes, I will probably go. Also, in case I don't team with him, would anyone team with me..?

Though I'd rather team with him, but whatever...

Sheik_the_Geek

Smash Journeyman
KYO! of all people i woudln't expect u to bup at 8:30 in the mourn. im comming over for smash sometime today. more people fo sho!

sparrow: yeah that sucks u cant make it. but we should get down sometime during u'r spring break.

geek: u dont need bumpers or front license plates! see if u can give someone else there a ride. more gas money. seems like theres a few of u down there now.
lol, the police will say differently if I get pulled over.

Xtra

Smash Ace
actually there generally not too bad about front license plates. but yeah, try if u can!
toecutter: it would be sweet if u guys could make it.
so does anyone plan on staying over?

specialkyo

Smash Cadet
There's room if people need or want to stay over, but we don't have many pillows or blankets to provide. Also, we're all poor so you'll need your own food.

vjgyo

Smash Journeyman
Actually, I have to work from 4-8 on Saturdays until my hours pick up, so could we try to get singles or doubles done before 4? That'd rawk.

Xtra

Smash Ace
There's room if people need or want to stay over, but we don't have many pillows or blankets to provide. Also, we're all poor so you'll need your own food.
there is also room at my house and possibly earl's house.

vjgyo: i dont see why not. i dont know how many more people are planning on attending. we dont know if racine is gonna come. stevens point. i dont know if mundungu is bringing anyone. u have more tourny running experience than i do do u think we would have to start it earllier. most likely eh. 1 is kinda late to try to be done by 4

Quaz

Smash Master
I say we start at noon the latest IMO, I prefer getting to tourneys early, I've had to leave tourneys a couple times without even being knocked out =(

Top Bottom