• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Fire and Lightning 2: DC Comics vs Pokemon Conquest Game over DC Comics Wins!

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
Okay, Cliff's Notes on my reads that I can give right this second without going backwards for ****:

Ryker - Much more okay with this slot after recent posts. Thought he was doing the scum thing he does where he comes in, throws a ****storm up in the air (with the argument with MiR), then dips, allowing the thread to settle and make it look like he did things. Recent posting has confirmed that to be not the case, as he's making an active and conscious effort to read myself, Marshy, Gova, Potato and I think Gorf, all just off the top of my head. Would call this slot Town.

Garg - I liked this slot Day 1, but the lack of direction toDay is concerning. He latched super-hard onto Dabuz, but I know very little of what else this slot thinks about everyone else. Has offered support for... Hando, I think, but who hasn't? Null at the moment.

Gova - Still think this slot is Town. Part of it is meta, because I don't think Gova would play if he drew scum again on one of the rare games he plays. He's also actively supporting his reads and sticking to them, even if other people (like Ryker, as an example) are challenging them. He's justifying them rather than changing them to conform with other people's requests.

Marshy/J - Hesitantly calling this slot Town based on Marshy's play, because he's actually giving me things, even if it is like pulling teeth to actually get a read out of him. Will evaluate further when J starts posting.

Fanny - Still gonna call this slot Town, but it occurs to me that I need to not hold onto this read for the whole game without periodically re-evaluating.

HollowNote/Vult - My hatred for HollowNote's play remains. Need to re-read Vult's few posts, as I believe Marshy highlighted them as "Hardbody pending".

Hando - Still useless.

Scary - Still rather null. The only real content we've gotten from this slot that I can remember was in his "beer feelings post". The blatant sheeping of Marshy concerns me, but is not out of character for this slot. Scary, how do you feel about the Gorf lynch yourself? Do you have posts you can quote me (of Gorf's or otherwise, but preferably Gorf) to show me why you're supporting this lynch?

Potassium - While I am Town-reading you, I quite frankly don't care about what my read on you is at this point. Unless you claim CCop, it doesn't matter, because if I continue to be alive to play this game, I won't have to read you either way. That makes me wonder especially why you're trying to make me justify a read on you when it's "You or Me" either way.

Vult Redux

Smash Lord
NNID
Voluero
this says NOTHING about raz. i dont care about mafia a and mafia b and other such nonsense. there is town between potato and raz and its likelier raz. what are your thoughts on raz?
I don't have a read on raz. I said that already.

Why is he a better choice to save?

...is posting in giant ****ing letters that gorf needs to die not trying? im not trying in a way that YOU want me to try but ive been actively been trying to get people to vote him
I mean I personally don't vote with the person who posts with the biggest letters. Do you??? If so you shouldn't. It's not convincing.

Trying to get someone lynched entails providing a good case for a wagon when people ask for it. That's how you would get reasonable people (e.g. me) to vote for a wagon anyway.

But sure, there CAN be some playstyle differences. iirc some people on this site like to get votes from other players by posting in big letters and pretending to be angry. I can't remember how you play. Is that what you do, or is there a different reason? (I am assuming your slot is yoloswag)

why does fanny need towncred from you? do you have no read on him?
he is usually hard for me to read.

I'm not sure what I think of him yet. I like that he actually considered my vote though and compared it to another wagon.

Vult Redux

Smash Lord
NNID
Voluero
@ Vult Redux Vult Redux Two questions. One, why did you pick that username? That's been bothering me. Two, what is your take on the reads I've posted.
vult is a cool latin word. someone took that name already though so I'm stuck with this dumb name. \:

I skipped your posts to respond to other ones because I'm more concerned with fleshing out yoloswag/potassium/fand reads but I'll read them at some point today and get back to you.

raz I will read your slot yeah and reconsider my uncap. My votes are based on little information might change when I get more reads.

#HBC | Gorf

toastin walrus since 4/20 maaaan
I don't know where all the gorf lynch support came from but I like it
Doesn't that ****in raise any sort of red flags in your head like at all? Like... I swear I might just get lynched just because marshy came in here and deemed it so.

DOES NOBODY REALIZE TAT THAT IS WHAT'S GOING ON RIGHT NOW? LIKE ****!

**** like this is why gova is disgusting at times. he just sits on my slot and points at the past. govas made zero effort in trying to progress the read and i wouldnt be surprised if hes just leaving me around as scum for lategame and justifying it with "oh toad was scummy so no surprise here" cuz my prior slot caught some heat. govas not a priority for me at the moment but this **** seriously bothers me
Oh shut the **** up bro what you're saying is that if you had a scum read on an active slot and the slot that replaced it is you (a player you yourself deem to be anti town) that you'd magically decide you'd give it a second chance? I wouldn't be surprised if you were scum and doing this gave you an out for scum reading gova late game :glare:

Gova said:
but looks like extreme circumstances have happened and gorf support came out of nowhere
Seriously. NOBODY?!

Like ****, I'm glad YOLO pumped life into the game but Kantrip was honestly the only person who was anything more than "not certain how to feel" about my slot before YOLOFAG came in. And now... ****in 5 supporters of my wagon. C'mon. No red flags anywhere?

Why you have to ****-sling, yo?

I'm one of the few people who actually went back and looked for direct connections between Dabuz and possible partners and you just keep pooping on that, yet you're completely okay with justifying your/Marshy's reads on Gorf with "Idk mang, just a feel".

Double-standards abound.
I lol'd

But like for real, I don't remember if you have but even at this point you still have given little outside of that connection case, and even then you said Hollow was the most likely partner and just... let it go when Vult replaced in. You have very little for anyone to work with period, whereas we AT LEAST have something to work with if we start zoning in on scumKantrip. Give!

#HBC | Gorf

Oh quick tidbit from last page:

Ryker said:
I think Gorf is on the scum team that Dabuz wasn't on. The push made no sense to me. He looks scummy when he's not scum hunting. Now he's scum hunting and that doesn't look scummy, but let's get him.
Congrats. I feel sorely misrepresented.

God it's funny that it's you. I'm dying over here. Jesus, but that's great.
Yea me too! I'm the one dying over here ahahahahahaha chuckle chuckle chuckle hey while we're at it how about I hack into marshy's account, /in the next small, and just tell people to lynch people?! Sounds splendid right?!

#HBC | Gorf

But seriously.

Like I usually don't care but...

1) YOLO literally just replaced in.

2) He hadn't even read enough by the time he was "convinced I'm scum" to even know dabuz was already lynched (or he did and was simply using that as LOL TRUST MY READS leverage).

3) If this is for reactions, well well played.

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
I lol'd

But like for real, I don't remember if you have but even at this point you still have given little outside of that connection case, and even then you said Hollow was the most likely partner and just... let it go when Vult replaced in. You have very little for anyone to work with period, whereas we AT LEAST have something to work with if we start zoning in on scumKantrip. Give!
You want to show me where I'm just LETTING Vult go?

Because that's twice now you've tried to hound me and make me look scummy for this when I'm NOT doing anything of the sort.

#HBC | Gorf

You want to show me where I'm just LETTING Vult go?

Because that's twice now you've tried to hound me and make me look scummy for this when I'm NOT doing anything of the sort.
You unvoted the most likely candidate for what you claim to be dabuz' partner because he got replaced. Yes that's ****in scummy.

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
No, **** you Gorf.

I said I wanted to hear from him in specific things first, so I'm TEMPORARILY retracting my vote.

It's only scummy if I drop pressure entirely which I HAVENT DONE.

Fandangox

Smash Lord
No, **** you Gorf.

I said I wanted to hear from him in specific things first, so I'm TEMPORARILY retracting my vote.

Well, that's reasonable so I guess I am gonn-

wait what's that.

This is pretty common for me. I typically don't vote unless I latch onto something specific, and I don't move my vote around without a good reason..

Explain yourself.

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
What the ****, guys? How is this unclear?

I voted HollowNote at the start of the day because it was the best place to go based on connections.

HollowNote replaces out. We have a replacement that is actually going to post. I ask this replacement a couple questions pertaining to reads that I want answers to.

I unvote, because at this point, I don't want to lynch the slot without hearing from it on those specific responses. I could have easily just left my vote there and presumably nobody would have a problem with it.

I unvoted because I'm considering my current direction relative to the current change in events. I am not dropping the connections from previously, and Marshy has come in with a huge case on Gorf.

I feel like you guys are making something out of nothing here. All I did was...

HollowNote -> Unvote -> Whatever my next vote is

instead of

HollowNote -> Whatever my next vote is.

Unless you're claiming I'm dropping my pressure on the slot completely, you have nothing here.

Fandangox

Smash Lord
I am pointing out a clear contradiction on something you said earlier. Based on that quote of yours I posted you said you don't vote someone without a very good reason.

You voted Hollownote because you thought he may be Dabuz's partner based on connections.

Hollownote.

A PLAYER WHO RARELY POSTED AT ALL.

The only connection he has to Dabuz is the "if dabuz flips town" redflag, and voting MiR alongside Dabuz (which other 3 players did)
That seems to me like a really weak case to make a connection and its odd that you voted him considering what you yourself said about why/how you vote.

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
I am pointing out a clear contradiction on something you said earlier. Based on that quote of yours I posted you said you don't vote someone without a very good reason.

You voted Hollownote because you thought he may be Dabuz's partner based on connections.

Hollownote.

The only connection he has to Dabuz is the "if dabuz flips town" redflag, and voting MiR alongside Dabuz (which other 3 players did)
That seems to me like a really weak case to make a connection and its odd that you voted him considering what you yourself said about why/how you vote.
Okay, first of all, the fact that he barely posted at all STRENGTHENS the importance of what he DID post.

And you're blantantly mis-representing the connections that are there. I will go back and quote it once again.

Fandangox

Smash Lord
Okay, first of all, the fact that he barely posted at all STRENGTHENS the importance of what he DID post.
Considering he wasn't even online for a whole week I doubt that was him lurking, but him just not playing.
I mean we got the slot replaced instead of straight lynching him because there was barely anything there for us to work with.

Does anyone else think Hollownote=Dabuz?

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
I don't believe he said that

Something about Dabuz bothers me on a fundamental level. Idek what

OH btw what's with the dumpter fire thing?

I don't like Gargaglione right now. He's turning questions.

MiR bothers me with his constant pressure on Raz. It's not going anywhere especially with the Soup thing happening at the same time.

BLS makes me happy

Really don't like MiR atm.

Gorf's annoying at best

Gova's not really making an impression on me atm

I like that Handorin's on my side with the reads.

Handorin makes me happier than BLS

MiR feels like he's discrediting Handorin in 433

I really don't like Gargaglione

Not this week.

Don't like 503 how MiR is making it seem like his push on Raz ( which was going on way too long) was not his first priority.

It's funny that my scum reads are fighting amoungst themselves.

Like gova at 520

(I've only made it halfway through ;-; )

I REALLY like gova's 520.

Dabuzs 524 made me feel better about him

I'm not happy with the Dabuz wagon

MiR what's your read on Garg?

I am not ok with a Dabuz lynch. At all.

vote: MiR plz
Starting with this one, note the main tone of the post:

- Initially dislikes Dabuz for no stated reason.
- Only point in Dabuz's favor is his 524.
- Clearly opposes the Dabuz wagon.
- States dislike of MiR, Gorf and Garg, slots who were all pushing Dabuz pretty hard (IIRC), while liking Handorin only because he agrees with his reads.
I didn't think that it was really worth it to comment on things already commented on.

Garg I do think that you're turning questions around because whenever anyone asks you anything you immediately turn it on them. LIke if I asked you "why do you think x is town?" I've seen you several times go "Why do you think I think x is town?"

Gorf you're annoying me because all your reads are conflicting with mine.
This post is mostly empty and is again just arguing with the people pushing Dabuz.
Didn't like what? Be more specific.

Why did you dedicate so much time to it then?

He came into the game and he voted you. He made me happy that I wasn't the only one seeing scum in you.

Why are you trying to discredit the wagon? Feeling shaky?

I believe this is an OMGUS(?)

Really the problem that I have with MiR is his tunneling of Raz at the beginning, he started to do it and draw attention for it, but when he realized that it wasn't going anywhere he just stopped and made it look like he wasn't doing anything with it. I don't like that because it was weak reasoning and he pushed it to make it look amazing. It wasn't. When he dropped it he started yelling at everyone who even mentioned it later and it just doesn't sit right with me. He feels like he's pushing whoever he feels is most likely to be lynched and just going for them with all his heart, it doesn't feel like he's looking for scum at all tbh.

There's your reasoning.
You know what they say about assuming.

I expect you to give decent reasoning as to why you believe the wagon is in the wrong spot as opposed to why you think the people on the wagon are bad.

What? I've read you as scum. I'm still reading you as scum. This is really just trying to save yourself attitude.
Weak push/substantiation on MiR.
If dabuz and/or hando flip town I'm going to throw the biggest "I told you so" gif I can find out.
I'd rather a dabuz lynch than no lynch
Like, this is just bad defense of a possible scummate as far as I'm concerned.

I'm not claiming these few posts to be totally conclusive evidence, but his direction with respect to Dabuz was extremely clear and unsupported defense, and he only ever pushed back against people who were pushing him or Dabuz.

To claim it conclusive would be a stretch, but it's also not "Just one post", Fan.

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
However, all that said, there doesn't seem to be enough support to lynch the slot.

Problem is, Handorin is pretty much just as bad, and you don't agree with the Gorf case, so where are YOU looking to lynch, @ Fandangox Fandangox ?

#HBC | Gorf

Raz said:
Dabuz points at Hollownote, Hando, BLS Garg and MiR as possible scum in his 905. Dabuz then jumps towards Handorin in his last-ditch effort. Page 24 looks to genuine to be a fake-bus attempt by Dabuz, so I'd lean awayyyy from Hando as a partner after that.

Vote: HollowNote
Most likely candidate for partner, IMO. BLS behind that, then maybe Hando if they actually managed to fake that bus attempt.

This is why you voted hollow. Most said he was inactive and was simply a detriment to keep around. You did not, but vult replacing in and posting was enough to warrant an Unvote. That's not painting you in bad light. That's inconsistent.

Fandangox

Smash Lord
However, all that said, there doesn't seem to be enough support to lynch the slot.

Problem is, Handorin is pretty much just as bad, and you don't agree with the Gorf case, so where are YOU looking to lynch, @ Fandangox Fandangox ?
You basically. I have admitted it may be a stretch, but you re the best lead I have for Dabuz's partner. You are incapped so I don't have to vote you. I think Potassium looks bad, specially in the last few pages, but I'd rather have your flip than his. I have also said a few times that I would vote Handorin, pretty much on policy. I think he is scummy, but a couple of players have already said that is how he plays all games.

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
This is why you voted hollow. Most said he was inactive and was simply a detriment to keep around. You did not, but vult replacing in and posting was enough to warrant an Unvote. That's not painting you in bad light. That's inconsistent.
For the last time, I unvoted because I wanted answers to specific questions before I decided if I wanted to keep my vote there or not.

Please see my 1940.

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
Apparantly in this game now, I'll be logging on to the other account and reading/making notes shortly.

#HBC | Gorf

No, **** you Gorf.

Okay. I took your unvote as dropping suspicion so I guess I'll be looking forward to your follow up. In reality your vote being nowhere helps nobody, and hey, from your POV your case is legit. It bugs me that you're not pursuing it in spite of the replacement but I guess at its core we'll just have to agree to disagree.

I will admit I can feel this though:

Hollownote.

I feel like you're biting off more than you can chew. Raz, you're not an active slot. You know that, I know that, the game knows that. You don't have any scum reads aside from Hollow/Vult judging from your stance post. You're being really ambiguous when you're in a scenario where that will kill you. I've said it once and ill say it again: at least kantrip is readable. I think he's town but then again I'm not the only voter.

Fandangox

Smash Lord
- States dislike of MiR, Gorf and Garg, slots who were all pushing Dabuz pretty hard (IIRC), while liking Handorin only because he agrees with his reads.
I'm not claiming these few posts to be totally conclusive evidence, but his direction with respect to Dabuz was extremely clear and unsupported defense, and he only ever pushed back against people who were pushing him or Dabuz.

To claim it conclusive would be a stretch, but it's also not "Just one post", Fan.
I disagree it was "Extremely clear, but yeah I think this is better and overlooked that he disliked Gorf/Garg who disliked Dabuz. That said MiR at that point didn't voice dislike for dabuz (and would even later question the wagon a bit) so I still think this may be him just playing badly.

Vult Redux

Smash Lord
NNID
Voluero
what about it makes him look scummy to you again?

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
Can't log onto the hydra account because I can't read so many asterisks. Only so many combos I can think. I'm probably gonna read on my main then post something then quote it later so at least I can get something out.

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
What am I being ambiguous about, and who are YOU scum reading, Gorf?

It feels rather BS that I'm getting **** for my scum reads despite supporting them when there are plenty of players who are doing more or less the same, or are scum reading you!

From your PoV these players should be just as bad, correct?

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
EBWOP: That is, by "more or less the same", I meant defaulting to a pool of Hando/Hollow/Inactives

Gargaglione

Smash Lord
Backity Back

@People who asked me bout what direction I think we should take atm

Well, it's entirely safe to assume Handorin won't be active from now on and the little content he had is indeed scummy. I would say he's my priority for toDay

I'm still not convinced of the Gorf wagon

I like Raz more now that he's doing things, but I'm not sure about the HollowNote direction

#HBC | Gorf

They're just as stupid, but they're at least readable, the least of which is scary and possibly gova. Everyone else's slots have done enough throughout the game to be able to read. You've been side lining most of the game (fact) and THE ONE SCUM READ YOU HAVE is on a slot that's hardly active. That's why it's weird for you. But don't worry it's also weird for scary IMO in case you wanted to catch me on inconsistency.

Also you mentioned previously that marshys case on me is huge. Aside from the text, what about it is huge? Iirc your read on me has seemed really legit in that you haven't had a problem with me (as is the case with most players), and that when votes started coming you've wanted more to go off of. Am I wrong to say you're slowly turning on your previous view on me, and if so, what's gotchu doin that bruh? Maybe you can be THE FIRST to give me something to work with :rolleyes:

Kantrip

Kantplay
Wow Ryker vs Gorf on this page was terrible

and I expected YOLO to at least admit what I said about his Gorf read was true. He needs to say something specific about why he's scumreading Gorf or admit it's gut.

I'm not supporting this wagon with **** like that leading it.

Vote: Handorin

Top Bottom