• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Fire and Lightning 2: DC Comics vs Pokemon Conquest Game over DC Comics Wins!

Top Deck BLS

Ryker|Sephiroth
I haven't looked at this game or talked to my partner in like 2 days. Will try and fix that today.

Kantrip

Kantplay
Hey Gova if you were in LyLo with HollowNote and he didn't post any more content from now until then, how would you treat his slot?

When should we deal with him?

Kantrip

Kantplay
@ Gova Gova tagging you to refer you to my above post addressing you to make sure you see it.

Why's Hando scum over inactive and lazy? What differentiates those things in his play?

Gova

I'm goin' for it!
NNID
Takicodos
gorf pls say handorin

@ Kantrip Kantrip regarding HN; i don't know; it depends on who the other person in lylo is and honestly i'd probably want to lynch him before i even got there

and i'm PoEing to Handorin because in our 4 inactives of Raz, Scary, Handorin, and Hollownote, one of them is scum im pretty sure. and i get town vibes from scary and hollow

so toDay's situation allows me to get rid of two slots that need to go and of which i think might contain scum

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
Okay, so, wanted to go back and look at people I think have obvious disconnects with Dabuz, IE are not likely to be PC goons:

1. HollowNote
2. Handorin
9. soup BLS
12. ScaryLB59

Looking back....

(Probably)Not Scum With Dabuz

Dabuz/Garg is basically impossible. Not a chance that they fixate on each other so openly early in the thread. 555 especially.

Gorf... probably not PC. 416. 526 especially gets early steam on the Dabuz wagon going, which was kind of sliding towards MiR at the time. Also notes Dabuz =/= Garg.

Dabuz/Fan probably not terribly likely either. 422. 547.

Dabuz/Potassium seems unlikely. 577 doesn't do Dabuz any favors. I'm inclined to believe Kantrip just botched his handling of the claim situation as he so often does, rather than him trying to salvage his scum partner last second. Would likely have seen early attempts to divert pressure elsewhere. 832 especially strong in Kantrip's favor as a disconnect.

Dabuz/MiR and Dabuz/Gova are both unlikely as a result of Dabuz trying to steer pressure towards those slots as things were getting worse for him. Since lynching scum doesn't really do Dabuz any exceptional favors, he has no reason to endanger his partner's slot.

Scary pretty fence-sitty on Dabuz (647), but says he'll hammer him in 751. Votes him in 841, which was a pretty key swing time. Less likely to be partnered.

Likely Scum With Dabuz

BLS 636 slightly possible connection.

HollowNote 774 is really gross though. Blatantly pushes away from the Dabuz slot with little reasoning other than liking Dabuz's 524. Would lynch this slot without hesitation. Same thing with the 1040 "I told you so" post.

Handorin 792 is also just as opportunistic to push away from Dabuz and at MiR.

Dabuz points at Hollownote, Hando, BLS Garg and MiR as possible scum in his 905. Dabuz then jumps towards Handorin in his last-ditch effort. Page 24 looks to genuine to be a fake-bus attempt by Dabuz, so I'd lean awayyyy from Hando as a partner after that.

Vote: HollowNote

Most likely candidate for partner, IMO. BLS behind that, then maybe Hando if they actually managed to fake that bus attempt.

Moving on to toDay's stuff AKA why I don't want to die.

Kantrip

Kantplay
I agree with town feels on Scary, but I wouldn't call him inactive. He doesn't have a strong presence but he's here. BLS is equally inactive, or more so.

If I'm understanding you correctly, you have a pool of inactives, and feel there is at least one scum in there, but you don't scumread them individually? You have town feels on 2 of them so want to kill the other 2 first by PoE?

What happens if both of them flip town? Or if one flips scum and one flips town? Or if both flip scum? Does how you proceed change? When do you look at the active slots?

Kantrip

Kantplay
@ Raziek Raziek I kind of want stuff unrelated to connections to dabuz too. Thoughts on the slots you think likely to be his partner without looking at connections?

Read on BLS, Hando, Hollow individually?

Read on me?

Looking at things that happened not pertaining to dabuns?

Gova

I'm goin' for it!
NNID
Takicodos
well i mean

handorin is scummy lol

and i dont remember what raz did yesterday

i'll start looking at active slots when i can actually convince people to lynch them; as it is, no one wanted to lynch MiR yesterday so i've given that up for now

i'm more likely to gain support for a handorin lynch; who is scummy + inactive

as for the gorf thing; i still wouldn't trust him but right now he's crucial to town since he's one of the few people that's actually doing anything.

enough about what i think; what do you think? what do YOU want to do?

i'd prefer to lynch handorin and uncap you and call it a day; this is unlikely to change barring extreme circumstances

Kantrip

Kantplay
Like, that method works even less in this set-up than it normally would, since there is only 1 pokemon conquest goon left, and we have 2 scum to find that don't have any connection to dabuz. Please broaden your scope

Kantrip

Kantplay
well i mean

handorin is scummy lol

and i dont remember what raz did yesterday

i'll start looking at active slots when i can actually convince people to lynch them; as it is, no one wanted to lynch MiR yesterday so i've given that up for now

i'm more likely to gain support for a handorin lynch; who is scummy + inactive

as for the gorf thing; i still wouldn't trust him but right now he's crucial to town since he's one of the few people that's actually doing anything.

enough about what i think; what do you think? what do YOU want to do?

i'd prefer to lynch handorin and uncap you and call it a day; this is unlikely to change barring extreme circumstances
I want to know why you think Handorin is scummy (this doesn't count as me breaking the last question thing, I asked it before). :p

What I want is to have everyone talk more so I can pin the second scum team. If that takes longer than a Day phase I'm down to bide the time lynching inactives to try to build a favourable LyLo. I am trying to feel out which inactives are crap-shoots/potentially scum though so we don't just unnecessarily lynch a bunch of townies just because we're bad and can't read them

Gova

I'm goin' for it!
NNID
Takicodos
handorin is scummy for the same reasons hollownote is

refusal to cooperate with town; not giving reasoning for reads;

and being inactive

but this where reads come into play

i don't think both of them are scum; i don't think it's likely given on how yesterDay progressed

i think handorin is more likely to be scum than HN; which is why i'd prefer him

Kantrip

Kantplay
You're being so vague Gova

I'm trying to understand why you think Hando is scummy for doing the same thing Hollow is doing that you think he is town for!

You don't think it's likely they are both scum based on how yesterDay progressed. Okay, I can get behind that. You also admit they are both doing the same thing in refusing to cooperate with town and not giving reasoning for reads. Yeah, that's true. So why do you think Hollow is town for it and Hando is scum for it?

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
@ Raziek Raziek I kind of want stuff unrelated to connections to dabuz too. Thoughts on the slots you think likely to be his partner without looking at connections?

Read on BLS, Hando, Hollow individually?

Read on me?

Looking at things that happened not pertaining to dabuns?
If I'm looking for a partner, why would I NOT look at connections? They're by far the easiest way to find the other conquest goon.

Hollow's stances in general have been weak and unsubstantiated and he took every opportunity to push away from Dabuz. He's scummy in isolation, and even worse in connection to Dabuz.

Hando is probably not Conquest, but could be DC, in my opinion. Again, I don't really have much due to his ardent refusal to provide content/substantiation.

BLS I need to talk to some more.

On that note, @ Top Deck BLS Top Deck BLS , talk to me about this DC Kantrip theory of yours? Also save my butt please. <3

Kantrip

Kantplay
If I'm looking for a partner, why would I NOT look at connections? They're by far the easiest way to find the other conquest goon.

Hollow's stances in general have been weak and unsubstantiated and he took every opportunity to push away from Dabuz. He's scummy in isolation, and even worse in connection to Dabuz.

Hando is probably not Conquest, but could be DC, in my opinion. Again, I don't really have much due to his ardent refusal to provide content/substantiation.

BLS I need to talk to some more.

On that note, @ Top Deck BLS Top Deck BLS , talk to me about this DC Kantrip theory of yours? Also save my butt please. <3
Why do we want to find the other conquest goon first anyways? That just gives DC Comics full control of the Night phases.

Actually that's a dumb point. With a flipped scum it's worth looking at connections, sure. But I want more than just that. There's a lot more to this game than who dabuz interacted with.

Also I still do actually want your read on me

Gova

I'm goin' for it!
NNID
Takicodos
i don't think HN is town for the stuff yesterday; it's the post
You're being so vague Gova

I'm trying to understand why you think Hando is scummy for doing the same thing Hollow is doing that you think he is town for!

You don't think it's likely they are both scum based on how yesterDay progressed. Okay, I can get behind that. You also admit they are both doing the same thing in refusing to cooperate with town and not giving reasoning for reads. Yeah, that's true. So why do you think Hollow is town for it and Hando is scum for it?
uh i dont think HN is town for what i just posted about;

there are two ways to read that "red flag" post of his; i'm reading it as new town

i feel like everyone is purposely misconstruing that post because everyone seems to see it as he "knew" handorin and dabuz were town

when really he only said "if"; looks to me that a new town just wants to be right; also i don't see him having a scummate because of it

Gova

I'm goin' for it!
NNID
Takicodos
wow how did i mess that quote up

anyways you're being vague too

ooo i want discussion so we can find scum; big whoop so does everyone

tired of the people saying they're waiting for other people to talk when they could say what direction they want to go so we could have some actual discussion

Gova

I'm goin' for it!
NNID
Takicodos
uuuuh; i really don't want to have to explain this to you

scary; what do you want to do? who do you think is scum? who do you want to uncap?

why?

#HBC | Scary

Hype Incarnate
NNID
ScaryLB59
Truth be told, I'm not too sure.

The way Kanty ended the day yesterDay just felt awful to me but he opened up toDay by owning up to what he did and seeing the fault of his ways. Otherwise everything Kanty did was kool with me and he was one of my bigger town leans. I'm just thinking too hard about the end of yesterDay.

Raz was really just absent from yesterday aside from the really early stages of the game when soup was still around. I want to give him more time to catch up, and he's starting to which is good.

I wanna body Hando. It's been said enough times, he's just avoiding the signals to put up some content. It's funny to an extent because it reminds me of how marshy plays to an extent but even marshy will put up content at some point. Here there's been nothing so my mind is made up in that regard.

What don't you wanna explain to me lol? I'm just a tad dense some times.

Kantrip

Kantplay
smh, why do you care how raz is reading you
Because I want him to be held accountable for how he approaches trying to get uncapped over me

youre getting snarky now and it's not necessary. If the one HollowNote post about dabuz and Hando (that I have yet to understand your newbtown perspective on) is all you have to call his play townie, I'll agree to disagree on that and be honest when I say I don't really have a preference between Hando and Hollow right now and don't see either of them becoming cooperative

Gova

I'm goin' for it!
NNID
Takicodos
Because I want him to be held accountable for how he approaches trying to get uncapped over me

youre getting snarky now and it's not necessary. If the one HollowNote post about dabuz and Hando (that I have yet to understand your newbtown perspective on) is all you have to call his play townie, I'll agree to disagree on that and be honest when I say I don't really have a preference between Hando and Hollow right now and don't see either of them becoming cooperative
i don't see why you'd need to do that; i'd be more concerned about players who choose to uncap him instead of you and not him

and you're right; i'm just frustrated and i took out on you; my bad

Kantrip

Kantplay
i don't see why you'd need to do that; i'd be more concerned about players who choose to uncap him instead of you and not him

and you're right; i'm just frustrated and i took out on you; my bad
Eh that's true I suppose. I guess I'm kind of just hoping to skip the part where he tries to argue why he should be saved by getting him to say he's townreading me and then realizing I'm a driving force in this game. Oh well.

Still want to know @Ryker @Sephiroths Masamune @ Top Deck BLS Top Deck BLS where these guys stand when it comes to who should live and die (via incap and lynch)

#HBC | Gorf

toastin walrus since 4/20 maaaan
Hey Gova if you were in LyLo with HollowNote and he didn't post any more content from now until then, how would you treat his slot?

When should we deal with him?
The thing is the same can be said about handorin. They're both just very ambiguous slots, so what is your preference of him over Hando?

@ #HBC | Gorf #HBC | Gorf who we lynchin?
I feel like Hando's a solid route, especially because this thread is REALLY just in need of a push, and hey we lynched scum yesterDay. But truth be told, out of him and Hollow, I think I'd prefer Hollow. Where Hando is at least posting stances and showing his play as having read up, Hollow isn't. We can read Hando and try and play to hando, hollow just feels like a crapshoot. There's no content flow period. I feel like lynching hollow will unclog the game more.

@ Raziek Raziek goin in: is really all you got connection stuff? Mind you I can dig it, but I feel like you should have... More of your opinions on players period. Kantrip summed it up pretty well but *shrug*.

Govas posts make me :) Kantrip please you're not you when you're hungry.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
Votelog:
1. HollowNote
2. Handorin - Make it Rain! (Xonar/WashedLaundry)
3. Gargaglione -
4. Make it Rain! (Xonar/WashedLaundry) -
5. Gorf -
6. Raziek - HollowNote
7. Potassium -
8. Top Deck BLS - Make it Rain! (Xonar/WashedLaundry)
9. Fandangox -
10. Gova - Handorin
11. ScaryLB59 -

Votecount:
1. HollowNote - Raziek,
2. Handorin - Gova,
3. Gargaglione -
4. Make it Rain! (Xonar/WashedLaundry) - Handorin,
5. Gorf -
6. Raziek -
7. Potassium -
8. Top Deck BLS -
9. Fandangox -
10. Gova -
11. ScaryLB59 -

Not voting: HollowNote, Gargaglione, Make it Rain! (Xonar/WashedLaundry), Gorf, Potassium, Top Deck BLS, Fandangox, Gova, ScaryLB59,

Uncap vote count:
Raziek - Top Deck BLS, Raziek,
Potassium - Gova, Gorf, Gargaglione, Potassium,

Not voting: HollowNote, Handorin, Make it Rain! (Xonar/WashedLaundry), Fandangox, ScaryLB59,

Deadline set for February 12th 11:59 PM CST

Kantrip

Kantplay
I actually don't have a preference between Hando and Hollow and was just playing devil's advocate while trying to figure out why Gova did.

Although your point about Hando possibly being readable later is true, he is more blatantly refusing to cooperate and actively denying us content while Hollow is just flat-out lurking. The former deserves to be punished more and is scummier while the latter is harder to get any read on in the future

Vote Handorin

lets just get this rollin

Top Bottom