• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Final Fantasy VIII Mafia | ~ Mafia Wins!! ~

Kreative Whiz Kids

Kantrip|Sokr
Finally, something substantial from Rake.

Inferno is asking repetitive questions and is content to follow popular opinion. He suggests Boss as a possible candidate but doesn't even push that agenda much, it reads as though he was putting Boss in there for the sake of doing so. His thoughts on me in this are pretty surface level and largely echo the concerns other people had with me, His KWK read is out of place and feels forced, not to mention n enormous lack of real visible reasoning behind it, The RR question is useless.
Agreed...

Inferno seems more concerned with what the majority wants then pushing his own interests for people to make decisions on, his question to TTar is pointless add on to the post and i don't recall Inferno going anywhere with it. This is the first instance where i think Inferno has stopped reading the intent behind some of my posts , His little blurb about me being lynched on the spot is obvious and needlessly placed in this post. He also blankets my play as grimey but he never makes any distinction as to why, the most he can say is i am playing survivalist, which in itself is inaccurate because i was dead center in the spotlight of my own volition. I also explained Carbunckle and what was up their , and Inferno just seems to label it as survivalist without much thought to it.
Agreed except for the part when you say describing yourself as survivalistic is false. What exactly was trying to get the Carbuncle for yourself and false claiming to achieve it if not that? Where did you explain what was up with that? Was that when you kept saying WIFOM over and over again?

Again, playing the crowd and not committing to anyone, playing it safer then need be. Whatever happened to Boss being up for consideration. Plus we don't "know or trust"anyone, majorities can be wrong all the time, the only reason you "trust " someone is because you are aware of their alignment or are hard buddying them to some end.
Agreed...

Posting idiotically is non indicative of alignment, also note how he fails to bring up much in the way of examples and is intent to keep calling my slot idiotic , the two games are also completely dissimilar, in Disney, i was gunning to be thought of as extremely pro-town, but not a PR worth antagonizing over as my "results" weren't conclusive on anyone but Soup. I also think it shows that Inferno hasn't been seriously reading my intent and has reduced his argument to : Rake is posting weird. Must be scum
Kind of agree...
Unless OMGUS, maybe...?

Thing is, it's not similar at all, if you remembered Disney Mafia correctly, you'd realize at no point did i ever do anything which would bring my slot to attention as worth lynching or worth worrying about as mafia , i even feigned dumb town jumps in order for people to hand wave me, and you'd remember that post game John said he killed me because I was "too townie: . It was my first game as indy and even in Utrik'd i stayed largely to the same script, play a town game, stay out of the spotlight and let mafia and town rip each other apart.
There are such things as change of tactics. Bringing up self-meta to explain why you're town isn't a particularly townie thing to do in my eyes. Dislike.

This is an instance were we see Inferno buddying the popular TS wagon , andonce again using blanket coverage add on statements to substantiate his move onto TS. Joey being a "strong town read" at this point is also a reach and seems extremely forced, notice how Inferno fails to point out why Joey is so strongly town,to me it reads as if "the enemy of my enemy is my friend".
Disagree. Inferno did explain his town read. Although I do wonder why it was just Joey and not Murder as well as they were doing the same thing according to Inferno.

Again, lack of showing why TS' gambit is so scummy or why he feels TS was bluffing when TS had no reason to be. He's pushing the wagon just to push it in my eyes and "calling his bluff" seems moreso tuned to "i'm willing to risk a ml rather than question TS"
Like this.

Thing is, we don't know Swiss would benefit more than me , for all you know me and swiss could be indy partners. Also, saying "he's either town or indy" is a pretty nice back door for yourself , it's like me saying "Inferno's either aligned with town or he's not" How does Twighlight's flip effect your read on me ?
Disagree. He's stating that he doesn't think you are scum. Don't like this. Looks like reaching to me.

First off, the thanks Rake is needlessly antagonistic and in addition is a shot at my credibility. Also, why Joey, you haven't really given much of a reason behind Joey is such a strong feel. Also your plan fails to take into account town may have its own tracker, but eh.
Secondly, your jump on me is so fake its ridiculous, I'm trying to avoid attention, by bringing attention to my actions ? Your trying to paint me as scummy and doing a terrible job of it, I not only accepted it, I suggested it and corrected Raz, if i wanted to avoid it, i could have claimed rb'd easily.
He didn't say you were trying to avoid attention. He said you were trying to hide fact that you messed up. I do like the actions you took around that scenario.

And yet, it takes Swiss calling you out on failing to work with him for you to do so, this is another instance of you trying to look like your making the effort but in reality, not so much
Kindof agree...

Oh there it is, mysterious how it only comes back around here. What do you think about my soft hint in one of my latest posts ?
Soft hints aren't that soft if you keep pointing them out.

How does me being gone make it harder to catch me ? I wouldn't be able to do anything, it feels moreso like your disagreeing with it to disagree with it
Don't like this. We've already said why it's bad for anyone to get the Diablos.

Despite the flaws I see in this argument I do feel that the basis behind his argument does hold some legitimate points. However, it is not enough to put Rake in my town reads. I can just as well see him doing this as indy.

Swiss, are you serious? You don't want people to develop cases on other potential scum players because you feel you have ONE pinned? If you're right and I am scum, I probably have partners and there may even be an indy out there. I can't see any scenario in which town would want people to narrow their minds against developing other reads.

Boss, yesterDay you said you found ten flaws in a post of Swiss'. Follow up on this please.

Inferno3044

Smash Master
Sorry about low activity. I'm gonna go into the case right now.

Inferno is asking repetitive questions and is content to follow popular opinion. He suggests Boss as a possible candidate but doesn't even push that agenda much, it reads as though he was putting Boss in there for the sake of doing so. His thoughts on me in this are pretty surface level and largely echo the concerns other people had with me, His KWK read is out of place and feels forced, not to mention n enormous lack of real visible reasoning behind it, The RR question is useless.
I've made opinions, but in the end I like to compromise and work together. It's a personal thing that I just hate arguments and just try to work things out peacefully. Swiss, while a very good player, is very stubborn and he has repeatedly shut down other people's ideas. Swiss's ideas are not bad; just different from some of my top choices so I can roll along with it. As for Boss, I had early town vibes from him and thought he was on the same caliber as Swiss and Murderbush.

Inferno seems more concerned with what the majority wants then pushing his own interests for people to make decisions on, his question to TTar is pointless add on to the post and i don't recall Inferno going anywhere with it. This is the first instance where i think Inferno has stopped reading the intent behind some of my posts , His little blurb about me being lynched on the spot is obvious and needlessly placed in this post. He also blankets my play as grimey but he never makes any distinction as to why, the most he can say is i am playing survivalist, which in itself is inaccurate because i was dead center in the spotlight of my own volition. I also explained Carbunckle and what was up their , and Inferno just seems to label it as survivalist without much thought to it.

Again, playing the crowd and not committing to anyone, playing it safer then need be. Whatever happened to Boss being up for consideration. Plus we don't "know or trust"anyone, majorities can be wrong all the time, the only reason you "trust " someone is because you are aware of their alignment or are hard buddying them to some end.
You were seen as scum by multiple people (including myself) and didn't see you trustworthy of shooting whomever we said. I simply put out a different, yet still viable option to deal with this. As for knowing people's alignment and trusting people, yeah we don't really know for a fact anybody's alignment until they flip, yet we evaluate people's play and decide alignment. Don't twist that simple fact. It's a reach.

Posting idiotically is non indicative of alignment, also note how he fails to bring up much in the way of examples and is intent to keep calling my slot idiotic , the two games are also completely dissimilar, in Disney, i was gunning to be thought of as extremely pro-town, but not a PR worth antagonizing over as my "results" weren't conclusive on anyone but Soup. I also think it shows that Inferno hasn't been seriously reading my intent and has reduced his argument to : Rake is posting weird. Must be scum

Thing is, it's not similar at all, if you remembered Disney Mafia correctly, you'd realize at no point did i ever do anything which would bring my slot to attention as worth lynching or worth worrying about as mafia , i even feigned dumb town jumps in order for people to hand wave me, and you'd remember that post game John said he killed me because I was "too townie: . It was my first game as indy and even in Utrik'd i stayed largely to the same script, play a town game, stay out of the spotlight and let mafia and town rip each other apart.

This is an instance were we see Inferno buddying the popular TS wagon , andonce again using blanket coverage add on statements to substantiate his move onto TS. Joey being a "strong town read" at this point is also a reach and seems extremely forced, notice how Inferno fails to point out why Joey is so strongly town,to me it reads as if "the enemy of my enemy is my friend".
I'm pretty sure how I stated how much Joey called Twilight out for things that weren't true.

Again, lack of showing why TS' gambit is so scummy or why he feels TS was bluffing when TS had no reason to be. He's pushing the wagon just to push it in my eyes and "calling his bluff" seems moreso tuned to "i'm willing to risk a ml rather than question TS"
Not sure how much merit this holds, but PGO is different from a vengeful which made me think completely differently. I also took into account a part of the hydra who loves to makes gambits like this (Zen). I saw his interactions with both Joey and Murder and Twlight sounded very scummy after those interactions and callouts on what he did didn't coexist with what he said.

Thing is, we don't know Swiss would benefit more than me , for all you know me and swiss could be indy partners. Also, saying "he's either town or indy" is a pretty nice back door for yourself , it's like me saying "Inferno's either aligned with town or he's not" How does Twighlight's flip effect your read on me ?
I thought I stated that I find 2 town killing roles highly unlikely. That implies my read.

First off, the thanks Rake is needlessly antagonistic and in addition is a shot at my credibility. Also, why Joey, you haven't really given much of a reason behind Joey is such a strong feel. Also your plan fails to take into account town may have its own tracker, but eh.
Secondly, your jump on me is so fake its ridiculous, I'm trying to avoid attention, by bringing attention to my actions ? Your trying to paint me as scummy and doing a terrible job of it, I not only accepted it, I suggested it and corrected Raz, if i wanted to avoid it, i could have claimed rb'd easily.
For someone who claims I do a lot of setup speculation (which I am doing a bit, not gonna lie), you sure are doing a lot of setup WIFOM. I think some analysis to a setup can be very helpful for some things like seeing 2 killing roles that one has claimed and one has flipped.

And yet, it takes Swiss calling you out on failing to work with him for you to do so, this is another instance of you trying to look like your making the effort but in reality, not so much
I was honestly hoping for more of a conversation with him. However that tends to not happen when it comes to Swiss.

I thought i was indy ?
Yes, and I think RR is mafia. I thought I went into this.

Oh there it is, mysterious how it only comes back around here. What do you think about my soft hint in one of my latest posts ?
The bullets in the sewer? I honestly have no idea what that is supposed to mean. Mind explaining it.
I've actually never played FF8. Just seen bits and pieces.

How does me being gone make it harder to catch me ? I wouldn't be able to do anything, it feels moreso like your disagreeing with it to disagree with it
If you're gone we can't question you. Simple as that. You might be town, but I just simply don't see it atm. Do you want Diablos?

So what im seeing here is : Rake is scum because lol set -up speculation. Seems legit. Also the re director washalf seriosu, half gauging.
You bring up more setup WIFOM than me. I just simply look with what has been claimed and what has been flipped.

As for who I want dead the top choices are rake and ryu. However, I think RR is more likely to be mafia and something I want to deal with. Vinyl hydra has asked the most empty questions in the world and wouldn't mind him dying either. Don't want Swiss, Murder or Joey lynched and I will not vote them. Would prefer Boss to live too.

Gotta run and get a haircut. Peace

Bubbles.

Smash Rookie
^ unless someone or some GF removes my restriction on traveling the sewers to find my lost bullets
you've used one shot of your ability and you are out? why use your only shot N1?
Inferno does this change your opinion of rake's role being not likely to be with TS's?
Rake, case is all well and good but we have no need of an Inferno lynch at the moment. You are presenting a viable alternative to KWK, which is potentially damaging to town.
what's wrong with targetting multiple people during the day? if you want KwK so much, why haven't you put forth any kind of argument for it?

I am all for JTB bringing back Carbuncle over Diablos. I am the complete opposite with regards to giving Carbuncle and Leviathan to Swiss. No way in hell he gets it over Murderbush. Regardless of his faith in their slot, his alignment is completely in the dark and they are near-clear. I think Rake is a spineless sheep and needs to grow a brain or a ****. Not sure which he lacks here. Bringing back Carbuncle solves the problem of Leviathan making Murder a dead slot walking, so there is absolutely no logical reason not to have a practically-confirmed town slot being bulletproof and investigating for us. Swiss is greedy and egotistical for pushing for otherwise, null. I really like Joey's #1198 for not being spineless.
@Bubbles.: Are you both on the same page with your stances, or are there disagreements? If the latter, where do your opinions differ? Why is Boss scummy to you (vinyl) and yet you didn't want to kill him. Are you able to disclose why you want our slot dead yet?
I like the big paragraph as a side note.
vinyl's been...not here.
I don't think he ever called boss scummy though, and he even told ran to unvote ihm.
Your mod will be V/LA today for a brawl tournament :cool: I'll check stuff at night.
Good luck rajam!

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
Bullets in the sewer most likely refers to Deiling city aka Galbadia's Capitol. Since that is the only place in the game that had you go into a sewer.

:phone:

Shun Goku Satsu Rake

Oriwa Rake. Kaizo ko ni oriwa naru
sure why not , he's a scum read anyway

Vote : Boss

Also your reading so far in lol, I'm was saying my restriction makes me a one shot vig. Remove it = More shots

Bubbles.

Smash Rookie
Vinyl here.

Just read up and saw JTB's post. So diablo isn't needed then.
unassign Diablos

But.

I'm still sticking my fat head out on assigning leviathan.
Which also complies to why I didn't vote boss when I said I disliked him, but after thinking a little more now, nevermind.

Vote: Boss

Bubbles.

Smash Rookie
Also, nevermind on KWK either about now since he giving out a slight town lean from my view. I've been biting my tongue for a while now on giving out reasons, but I have to decide whether or not I should. Swiss, I prefer murderbush more than you since I also believe he's semi-confirmed as townie unless stated otherwise.

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
RR your trying to jump on me whole I've had a inactive spurt is noted btw, I'm trying to figure out if you're scum or just simply playing an awful town game.. I really want the first one but I'm wary of jtbs slot right now, posting only about mechanics with no solid reads or opinions makes it a more dangerous slot as time moves on.

Rajam

Smash Champion
Votecount 4 Day 2:

Lynch vote

[0] mUrDErBUSh
[0] Ranmaru
[0] JTB
[4] Boss Ranmaru, Red Ryu, Anomandaris_Rake, Bubbles.
[0] -Masquerain-
[0] Inferno3044
[1] Red Ryu Inferno3044
[1] Kreative Whiz Kids Swiss
[1] Bubbles. Boss
[0] Swiss
[0] Anomandaris_Rake

[4] Not voting:
mUrDErBUSh, JTB, -Masquerain-, Kreative Whiz Kids

Leviathan

[4] mUrDErBUSh Bubbles., Kreative Whiz Kids, JTB, -Masquerain-
[0] Ranmaru
[0] JTB
[0] Boss
[0] -Masquerain-
[0] Inferno3044
[0] Red Ryu
[0] Kreative Whiz Kids
[0] Bubbles.
[2] Swiss Swiss, Anomandaris_Rake
[0] Anomandaris_Rake

[5] Not assigning:
mUrDErBUSh, Ranmaru, Boss, Red Ryu, Inferno3044

Diablos

[0] mUrDErBUSh
[0] Ranmaru
[0] JTB
[0] Boss
[0] -Masquerain-
[0] Inferno3044
[0] Red Ryu
[0] Kreative Whiz Kids
[0] Bubbles.
[0] Swiss
[0] Anomandaris_Rake

[11] Not assigning:
mUrDErBUSh, Ranmaru, JTB, Boss, -Masquerain-, Inferno3044, Red Ryu, Kreative Whiz Kids, Swiss, Anomandaris_Rake, Bubbles.

Notes:
Currently V/LA:

With 11 players, it takes 6 votes to lynch and to assign GFs!

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
i know i sound like a broken record, but i had a string of long work days and i get home exhausted and not wanting to think about anything

ill be continuing on tonight and tomorrow morning if i dont get called in

we need to put leviathan on murderbush already so i can switch out diablos for carbuncle and have enough time to put it on murderbush before deadline

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium

Rake join me on this, you too Bubbles.

wtf is this

sure why not , he's a scum read anyway

Vote : Boss

Also your reading so far in lol, I'm was saying my restriction makes me a one shot vig. Remove it = More shots
wtf is this

Vinyl here.

Just read up and saw JTB's post. So diablo isn't needed then.
unassign Diablos

But.

Which also complies to why I didn't vote boss when I said I disliked him, but after thinking a little more now, nevermind.

wtf is THIS

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
Rake elaborate on your Swiss read and why you think Swiss should get BP tracker over a confirmed town.

Swiss

Smash Lord
Rake elaborate on your Swiss read and why you think Swiss should get BP tracker over a confirmed town.
1) Ryker is not confirmed townie. There are other explanations and always are. It's Ryker and you do not clear off such flimsy evidence.

2) Ryker is not saying to protect him without fail. Why? Because from his inactive point of view the game it's not as a big a deal as it is to me.

I'm giving you instructions for a reason so quit trying to be smart and throw me a ****in bone. Not one person in this game seems to think I'm scum so do what Swiss tells you.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
@Ran's questions directed at me, I didn't stick to Orbo because I decided he could potentially just lose town game by going inactive or making bad decisions.

I voted TS because at that point a possible scum lynch is better then me drawing out a day where the only other possible lynch I saw was a stronger town read in KWK.

I'm glad you're using my meta on rake as a potential stepping stone to a weak vote in the next part.
Ok, so are you saying that Orbo is mostly a PL to you then? Also, what made you say that?

I have other questions for you to answer, please do so.

And no, your reasoning was weak but that wasn't my sole reason for my vote. I had more problems and unanswered concerns with your slot as indicated in my catch up.

@ Ran is Boss #1 scum for you?

Ran brings up one of the biggest tells in the game.

I like this. A lot. The question is exactly what I would ask in his situation, looking for info but gives no real indication of the right answer. Part of the post reads as insincere mudslinging at Boss but this is analysis. Town.

Ran, walk with me (thoughts on every other player in the game...?).
Yes, Boss is #1 scum for me.

Inferno scum. Cool with him or Bubbles going tommorow.
RR town.
KWK null. (You should talk to me about this guy)
Joey town.
You town.
Rake town.
Jtb town.
Murderbush null. (What's your read on him currently)

1) Why are you asking this?

2)Yes I was serious. And that was my (Sokr) first post of the game. The previous two posts were made by Kantrip.

3) I've played a couple games. I think two newbies and two or three real games.
Boss stated that they read Orbo as town and would give all the GF's to him, so I was wondering why he went off that course. I also wanted to see how serious he was when he said that. (Yet he only answered half the question)

I ask because it sounded like you were trying to pull the newbie card there. (In a joking manner in addition to that) I'll look at your past games to see if this lines up.

Wait. Why was that related to you not wanting to vote him? Clarify that for me.

As bad as KWK's posts are, he does bring up a good point wrt to using Carbuncle. If we have a vig, we could use carbuncle as a means to clear someone since they are only bulletproof if town aligned.
JTB what is your read on KWK?

Dooms

KY/KP Joey
NNID
Doomsyplusle
3DS FC
2921-9568-4629
Swiss, what is your read on Ryker? Not moving my Leviathan vote until you answer this btw. :|.

Fine with Boss going. Look at my I need to get back to that today or tomorrow lol. Bubbles is a good choice as well if we get down to the wire. Red Ryu's latest posts kind of suck a lot as well, and make me think that he's possibly scum as well. I think Red Ryu and Bubbles both voted Boss because he considered them as lynch options. Rake is still probably indy, maybe mafia. Not sure about JTB. Need to re-read both of them.

Consider my vote on Boss. Not actually putting it there because we need to figure out the rest of this GF stuff :|.

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
Nevermind found yours

"I still have no clue why you think not knowing what Diablos doing and letting it out is scummier than knowing what is it and/or releasing it later, nor when you think using something like that is appropriate.

When should have I used it? What day? "

Because it's

A. Not confirmed that you didn't know what it is.

B. You directly went across what a majority of town wanted with waiting for a majority rule on it.

C. You immediately got defensive about those two points after I said I wanted you dead.

D. You waited until I went slightly inactive to then vote for me based on the previous points that answer the question.

When should you have used it?

When we had more ****ing clears in this game.. I'd say its a really simple question.

Top Bottom