• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Final Fantasy VIII Mafia | ~ Mafia Wins!! ~

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
Leviathan needs to be assigned first, otherwise it disappears with diablos

:phone:

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
I don't know if bringing BACK carbuncle is the right idea but I'm all for clearing diablos right now and lynching Ryu

Bubbles.

Smash Rookie
We need me as BP.

I mean BP Tracker.

My will, your command.
why you over Bush?
Why you over a semi-confirmed townie within Murderbush?

Do you think he's a scum bulletproof?

if he wasn't town, he wouldn't have been able to survive zen's shot with carbuncle.
I don't know if bringing BACK carbuncle is the right idea but I'm all for clearing diablos right now and lynching Ryu

why ruy lynch?

Inferno3044

Smash Master

Removing Diablos and bringing back Carbuncle is the same action. So we either have to bring back Carbuncle now or deal with Diablos. Personally I prefer the former over the latter because honestly I'm not sure who we would pick to have Diablos.

Inferno3044

Smash Master
Inferno@rake not ebing vig w/2 killing roles-does the fact that zen's role was a one time kill he only got off upon dying change that view?
No. A kill is a kill no matter how many time a person can do it. Can I know the point of this question? I already stated that I find 2 town killing roles highly unlikely so your answer was right there.

Bubbles.

Smash Rookie
because you seem to be hating on his role's unlikelyhood more than his play, aside form a twinge of self survival.

I personally think that a one shot kill and a vig can exist alongside each other pretty okay.

Bubbles.

Smash Rookie
no, but murderbush would only have been BP with Carbuncle if he was town aligned.
guess i waffled a bit in your use of semi cleared, but your in the right.

Shun Goku Satsu Rake

Oriwa Rake. Kaizo ko ni oriwa naru
Rake, you never did answer my question from that catchup post.

Ryker, same.

While we all appreciate your firm assertions, would you please analyse all of these as to why you believe. I don't wish to see anymore parroting. P.s. your full role is vig, right? No little extras in their you're withholding (even if for good reason...?) now would be a prudent time to reveal all. I would hate to waste a lynch on you later. Today is your deadline wrt your role. No questions. No gambits. No 'mindgames'.

#1142 is idiotic. All the wrong questions & none of the right ones. Vigpool.

Swear to god are you TRYING to lynch yourself? Do you have any idea how people's minds work? How they read tells? I'm going to rage so hard post-game when you bang on about how you 'walked the line between town and scum so well' because you're stalling day phases (and your shots are ****). Why I think you're town is rapidly starting to defeat me.

We remove Diablo, we then give me Leviathan and Carbuncle. Ignore the prior instructions I gave out.

I am your leader. Your soul. Your rock.

Leviathan: Swiss
You won't have to worry about me mis-shooting anymore.

I dropped all my other bullets in a sewer and retired.

Kreative Whiz Kids

Kantrip|Sokr
Why not save bringing back carbuncle for a potential lylo?

Hmm I'm missing something in this game I think

I don't think Carbuncle in lylo is a good idea. Assigning it to town does nothing. Assigning to scum accidentally basically means you've lost. I may have misunderstood what you're saying here.

I think bringing back the Carbuncle now is a good idea. Diablos has no benefit to town in any way that I can see. I think we can all agree that murder is confirmed town. If we give him both the Carbuncle and the Leviathan, you have a bulletproof tracker which could be very beneficial to town.

Swiss

Smash Lord
Why you over a semi-confirmed townie within Murderbush?
why you over Bush?
We need me as BP.

I mean BP Tracker.

My will, your command.
My will, your command.
I may have inadvertently implied this was open for discussion...?

Over the years a great many Dgamers have acquired an ability which greatly increases their chances of winning. This ability is fondly referred to as 'Doing what the **** Swiss tells you to'.

Unless you're legitimately suggesting an inactive hydra who lead a mislynch and is not leading town is a good target for bulletproof.....? Better than an active player widely regarded as one of the best on Dgames who called the flip correctly and is also seen as town by every player in this game...?

No need to respond, just change your vote.

Shun Goku Satsu Rake

you're saying the whole scum team is inactive?
I'm pretty sure 1/[likely]3 of them at least would have been in.
Definitely scum among the inactives IMO.

@Rake - Why do you think any possible indy is a redirector? I want to hear your thoughts on this
How do you control a game full of PR's ?
Give scum roles to mess with them.

Rajam

Smash Champion
Votecount 3 Day 2:

Lynch vote

[0] mUrDErBUSh
[0] Ranmaru
[0] JTB
[1] Boss Ranmaru
[0] -Masquerain-
[0] Inferno3044
[1] Red Ryu Inferno3044
[2] Kreative Whiz Kids Anomandaris_Rake, Swiss
[1] Bubbles. Boss
[0] Swiss
[0] Anomandaris_Rake

[6] Not voting:
mUrDErBUSh, JTB, -Masquerain-, Red Ryu, Bubbles., Kreative Whiz Kids

Leviathan

[3] mUrDErBUSh Bubbles., Kreative Whiz Kids, JTB
[0] Ranmaru
[0] JTB
[0] Boss
[0] -Masquerain-
[0] Inferno3044
[0] Red Ryu
[0] Kreative Whiz Kids
[0] Bubbles.
[2] Swiss Swiss, Anomandaris_Rake
[0] Anomandaris_Rake

[6] Not assigning:
mUrDErBUSh, Ranmaru, Boss, -Masquerain-, Red Ryu, Inferno3044

Diablos

[0] mUrDErBUSh
[0] Ranmaru
[0] JTB
[0] Boss
[0] -Masquerain-
[0] Inferno3044
[0] Red Ryu
[0] Kreative Whiz Kids
[1] Bubbles. Bubbles.
[0] Swiss
[0] Anomandaris_Rake

[10] Not assigning:
mUrDErBUSh, Ranmaru, JTB, Boss, -Masquerain-, Inferno3044, Red Ryu, Kreative Whiz Kids, Swiss, Anomandaris_Rake

Notes:
Currently V/LA:

With 11 players, it takes 6 votes to lynch and to assign GFs!

Dramatic Flair

Raziek|Ryker
Swiss, give me one reason, any reason at all, as to why I should trust you.

I gave you day one and I've sat here and given you time on Day 2, and still nothing. I'd be more satisfied with you getting the axe than you getting a BP.

Stances, Swiss. And actual reasons this time.

Swiss

Smash Lord
Swiss, give me one reason, any reason at all, as to why I should trust you.
I'm better than you.

I've sat here and given you time on Day 2
You "gave me time"? You were inactive.

Giving someone time is not pushing them as they form a post. Getting prodded is inactive. You were the latter.

I also never suggested giving you Diablo.

You're trying very hard to stop me from carrying town.

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
I'm better than you.

You "gave me time"? You were inactive.

Giving someone time is not pushing them as they form a post. Getting prodded is inactive. You were the latter.

I also never suggested giving you Diablo.

You're trying very hard to stop me from carrying town.
I don't know where you're trying to carry it, so yes.

My fault on Diablos, I had you confused, but please stop cherry picking what you answer, friend.

Stances, Swiss. And actual reasons this time.
Might I also ask why you wanted to give us Leviathan

Shun Goku Satsu Rake

My Inferno Spiel

What do you think about giving it to Boss? I think he would also be a very helpful and strong clear/condemn to have.
This post is terrible and really makes it look like you're only looking out for yourself. I read the reasoning and it's still a terrible reason. Regardless of if we do JTB's plan or not, Carbuncle should go to a stronger player. Obviously as said, this includes Swiss/Murder and I think Boss also fits up there.
Did playing anti-town help you get any reads?
Wait so you wanted Carbuncle and ruin the entire strategy to clear/condemn a power player? This really is looking out for yourself.
This is all assuming that you get NK'd for whatever reason.
Are you asking to die? Because this is exactly what I am getting from this post in particular
You wanna explain this a little?
Unvote Vote: Rake
KWK is looking towny right now and I like the slot.
@RR - What's your read on TwilightSparkle? I've noticed you've wanted him to shut up but I don't know if it's because you think they're talking stupid or think they are scum.
Inferno is asking repetitive questions and is content to follow popular opinion. He suggests Boss as a possible candidate but doesn't even push that agenda much, it reads as though he was putting Boss in there for the sake of doing so. His thoughts on me in this are pretty surface level and largely echo the concerns other people had with me, His KWK read is out of place and feels forced, not to mention n enormous lack of real visible reasoning behind it, The RR question is useless.

So I noticed this post of yours and Rake asked you to explain it. Can you explain it now?
Why is it to me that you always sound like you are playing for yourself? I mean yeah I notice later that you see the fault in your logic, but there is no way in hell you are being given Carbuncle. Worst comes to worst, this GF can/will be used to make someone BP for the night assuming they are town.
If you shot someone else you would be lynched on the spot. You know that right? Also I know I didn't quote this, but why would you not want to assign Carbuncle to someone?
I think Rake is scum for his very grimy play and survivalist attitude towards wanting Carbuncle.
Why is this a topic of importance?
A majority seems to want this to go to Swiss which sounds like a great idea.
Assign Carbuncle: Swiss
Inferno seems more concerned with what the majority wants then pushing his own interests for people to make decisions on, his question to TTar is pointless add on to the post and i don't recall Inferno going anywhere with it. This is the first instance where i think Inferno has stopped reading the intent behind some of my posts , His little blurb about me being lynched on the spot is obvious and needlessly placed in this post. He also blankets my play as grimey but he never makes any distinction as to why, the most he can say is i am playing survivalist, which in itself is inaccurate because i was dead center in the spotlight of my own volition. I also explained Carbunckle and what was up their , and Inferno just seems to label it as survivalist without much thought to it.

What about a 3rd option of lynch Rake and assign Carbuncle to whomever is the towniest/strongest player? This would be used instead of option 2 unless you really think it would be better to WIFOM this. Personally, if Rake is to be lynched, I'd rather have a BP sent to someone we know/trust than have it randomly given to someone like Orbo.
Again, playing the crowd and not committing to anyone, playing it safer then need be. Whatever happened to Boss being up for consideration. Plus we don't "know or trust"anyone, majorities can be wrong all the time, the only reason you "trust " someone is because you are aware of their alignment or are hard buddying them to some end.

Who are people that you think need to drop dead?

Can you explain the bold for me?

@Swiss - Why do you consider Rake's posting as dumbtown? Although I think he could learn from people telling him that he talks a lot I distinctly remember him posting very idiotically when he was indy in Disney mafia. Actually tried really hard to get a protection, even when the jailer was lynched the day before. To me, it has a very similar type of play.
Posting idiotically is non indicative of alignment, also note how he fails to bring up much in the way of examples and is intent to keep calling my slot idiotic , the two games are also completely dissimilar, in Disney, i was gunning to be thought of as extremely pro-town, but not a PR worth antagonizing over as my "results" weren't conclusive on anyone but Soup. I also think it shows that Inferno hasn't been seriously reading my intent and has reduced his argument to : Rake is posting weird. Must be scum

Let me ask a different question. I pointed out a time where Rake posted very similarly and did a stupid gambit and flipped indy and my point is stupid posting =/= dumbtown. Does the example I gave change any views of yours?
I've skimmed some and read some. I haven't read anything before D1 officially started because I tend to think of stuff like that as pregame bull****. If there's anything worth reading in there please tell me and I'll go back.
Thing is, it's not similar at all, if you remembered Disney Mafia correctly, you'd realize at no point did i ever do anything which would bring my slot to attention as worth lynching or worth worrying about as mafia , i even feigned dumb town jumps in order for people to hand wave me, and you'd remember that post game John said he killed me because I was "too townie: . It was my first game as indy and even in Utrik'd i stayed largely to the same script, play a town game, stay out of the spotlight and let mafia and town rip each other apart.

Had a pledge event last night and just read Joey and Murder tearing up Twilight. The gambit he made is grimy as **** and sounds a lot like a desperation tactic in order to live. He can die. Joey is a strong town right now with how he called him out and his whole thing with him and Twilight.

@
This is an instance were we see Inferno buddying the popular TS wagon , andonce again using blanket coverage add on statements to substantiate his move onto TS. Joey being a "strong town read" at this point is also a reach and seems extremely forced, notice how Inferno fails to point out why Joey is so strongly town,to me it reads as if "the enemy of my enemy is my friend".

I know Zen loves to make gambits regardless of alignment, but that one is incredibly scummy as **** and I'm willing to call his bluff.

Unvote Vote: TwilightSparkle

Assign Carbuncle: Swiss
Again, lack of showing why TS' gambit is so scummy or why he feels TS was bluffing when TS had no reason to be. He's pushing the wagon just to push it in my eyes and "calling his bluff" seems moreso tuned to "i'm willing to risk a ml rather than question TS"

I've gotten indy vibes from him mainly from the whole vig claim and in return wanting to protect himself over someone who would benefit more from it like you. As he's been posting more recently I feel a tad better by him. I would be very surprised if he flipped mafia, especially if Twilight flips scum. So he's either town or indy.
Thing is, we don't know Swiss would benefit more than me , for all you know me and swiss could be indy partners. Also, saying "he's either town or indy" is a pretty nice back door for yourself , it's like me saying "Inferno's either aligned with town or he's not" How does Twighlight's flip effect your read on me ?

QUOTE=Swiss;15018292]Why would an indie claim vig D1?
Honestly I didn't even think of that. I just believe that playing for self-survival is a sign of scum play and the way he addressed it made it look to me that he was looking for survival over trying to benefit the town. If this is wrong please educate me. Taking a lesson would be great.[/QUOTE]

And then look how fast that ball drops.

I highly disagree with randomly assigning Leviathan. It's a 1-shot track which will do good in the right hands and useless if given randomly. I have put some thought into who to assign the GF to and I have concluded that it should go to someone who is towny, yet not to someone who would naturally get targeted for an NK especially with a dead doc (thanks rake). The reason to not give it to such a strong player is that scum will have to choose between avoiding a track or killing someone else. With this, I think that Joey is a great candidate for this. His interaction with Twilight gave me a lot of town vibes from him.
What do you think of the fact that there was only 1 kill last night?
These string of posts just sound grimy over stupid. You sound like you are intentionally trying to avoid giving a better answer and trying really hard to cover up what you did. Be a man, accept your mistake, and move on.
I know this isn't directed at me, but I also agree with this.
You should try directing posts at certain people over sounding so vague and acting like you're trying to contribute.
How lovely. Let's try and make the best of this for what we can.
@mod - If this gets assigned before the day ends when do they come back?
What's this supposed to mean?
Sounds good. What in particular?
First off, the thanks Rake is needlessly antagonistic and in addition is a shot at my credibility. Also, why Joey, you haven't really given much of a reason behind Joey is such a strong feel. Also your plan fails to take into account town may have its own tracker, but eh.
Secondly, your jump on me is so fake its ridiculous, I'm trying to avoid attention, by bringing attention to my actions ? Your trying to paint me as scummy and doing a terrible job of it, I not only accepted it, I suggested it and corrected Raz, if i wanted to avoid it, i could have claimed rb'd easily.

Last week in general I have had a rough time getting to things and posting. Slight hurricane problems (nothing major where I live thank god) and it was also the last week of my fraternity's pledge process which required me to dedicate a lot of time to that. It was a post that I was able to make before I went to do things for that.

I saw that you said that. However I put my thoughts and opinion into it before I read this and thought it was worth giving. If you're absolutely certain on this decision I'll work with you on it. However Diablos is more of a concern imo. That can't be randomly assigned and we should talk about this.
And yet, it takes Swiss calling you out on failing to work with him for you to do so, this is another instance of you trying to look like your making the effort but in reality, not so much

Vote: Red Ryu

Yeah...that plan doesn't sit by with me. Removing a possible vig is a terrible idea and scummy as ****.

I thought i was indy ?

Right now we don't know if Rake is actually a vig or if he is an indy. If he's a vig, then him being gone makes it so that his power is useless. If he's an indy, then we just have more trouble catching him because he isn't posting or doing anything. His slot is also very questionable which is not good to have mysteriously vanish until D4.
This doesn't at all imply that Swiss got shot. I saw it as that he had faith that Swiss was town and would lead us to victory. I think by his actions it would've been very obvious that he intended to shoot Murderbush.

I completely disagree with this. Town =/= right and I don't want you to use "murderbush told me so" as an excuse for future shots.
Oh there it is, mysterious how it only comes back around here. What do you think about my soft hint in one of my latest posts ?

How does me being gone make it harder to catch me ? I wouldn't be able to do anything, it feels moreso like your disagreeing with it to disagree with it

Answer this.
Done and done my good man

KWK was an RVS vote simply put on to see his response to Rake's pressure. I think he responded very well and I don't think he is the person to lynch today. Yeah they aren't top players but they are trying to find scum.

Rake I still get the same feeling: indy vibes, but not mafia. The idea of 2 town killing roles seems very unlikely in a setup. I liked him a bit more because he started posting less. I still think he might be an indy. His recent thing about how the indy is probably a redirector sounds somewhat fishy to me.

TS I voted because a) he was playing scummy as balls and got called out hard by Joey and Murderbush and b) tried to call a bluff on them. I don't regret my vote on him and I thought he was scum. I'll take whatever beef due to that that I deserve.

RR's play has slipped as the day has passed and I started liking him less and less. When he brought up the idea to use Diablos on a possible vig, I saw it as a very scummy move. I see absolutely no plus side to him leaving. He either a) is a vig and becomes useless if he leaves or b) is an SK we can't lynch until later. Either way is stupid and sounds like he fears it.

@Rake - Why do you think any possible indy is a redirector? I want to hear your thoughts on this

@Bubbles - My read on Joey remains the same. I also still think he should get Leviathan.
So what im seeing here is : Rake is scum because lol set -up speculation. Seems legit. Also the re director washalf seriosu, half gauging.

And yet, you still haven't explained why on either of those TS points.

No. A kill is a kill no matter how many time a person can do it. Can I know the point of this question? I already stated that I find 2 town killing roles highly unlikely so your answer was right there.
And yet more set up speculation

^ That role would thus be re-director why....?
Doesn't have to be, just seems most logical

Vote: Inferno

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
Also Boss please explain answer Swiss' question before.

I still have no clue why you think not knowing what Diablos doing and letting it out is scummier than knowing what is it and/or releasing it later, nor when you think using something like that is appropriate.

When should have I used it? What day?

Swiss

Smash Lord
Oh, wow.

Rake made that post (read it via mobile as at work).

It makes sense now. I was wondering wtf Ryker was doing.

Rake, case is all well and good but we have no need of an Inferno lynch at the moment. You are presenting a viable alternative to KWK, which is potentially damaging to town.

Swiss

Smash Lord
Explain your reads =/= a case.

I only made my prior comment as I thought a case had been made by Ryker on Inferno - and it would have been a poor move for a player of his experience.

Shun Goku Satsu Rake

Most of my reads are based on "cases" / notes on each player, if you or other people prefer i can just tl;dr my notes like Murderbish does.

Dooms

KY/KP Joey
NNID
Doomsyplusle
3DS FC
2921-9568-4629
I may have inadvertently implied this was open for discussion...?

Over the years a great many Dgamers have acquired an ability which greatly increases their chances of winning. This ability is fondly referred to as 'Doing what the **** Swiss tells you to'.

Unless you're legitimately suggesting an inactive hydra who lead a mislynch and is not leading town is a good target for bulletproof.....? Better than an active player widely regarded as one of the best on Dgames who called the flip correctly and is also seen as town by every player in this game...?

No need to respond, just change your vote.
Semi-confirmed town vs Swiss.

Semi-confirmed town...

Swiss...

Uh.

No one is going to be perfect, yes? Ryker and Raziek are both not bad players :|. Just because they "lead a mislynch" (weren't you the one that said TS killed himself? Pretty sure that was you) doesn't mean that giving them bulletproof is a bad idea. They weren't the only ones to think that TS was scum, and TS played very poorly... Which gave quite a few players the idea that they were scummy :|. He pretty much set himself up for the lynch when everything was said and done. Regardless, them leading a mislynch on a player like that doesn't do anything when it comes to explaing why anyone should give not only a bulletproof/unlynchable... but also a tracker ability to you over a semi-confirmed townie (the only way he is scum is if he's a bulletproof scum member).

Assign Leviathan: Murderbush

Kreative Whiz Kids

Kantrip|Sokr
I'm back now, although I'm going out again for dinner tonight so I don't have the time needed to reread everything just yet.

Skimmed Rake's Inferno spiel. I can withhold comments until after Inferno gets at it but I want to remember that I have things to say about it.

I am all for JTB bringing back Carbuncle over Diablos. I am the complete opposite with regards to giving Carbuncle and Leviathan to Swiss. No way in hell he gets it over Murderbush. Regardless of his faith in their slot, his alignment is completely in the dark and they are near-clear. I think Rake is a spineless sheep and needs to grow a brain or a ****. Not sure which he lacks here. Bringing back Carbuncle solves the problem of Leviathan making Murder a dead slot walking, so there is absolutely no logical reason not to have a practically-confirmed town slot being bulletproof and investigating for us. Swiss is greedy and egotistical for pushing for otherwise, null. I really like Joey's #1198 for not being spineless.

@JTB: Have you used your ability yet? If not, could you? Also... full reads maybe?

@Rake: What is Swiss's alignment and why?

@Bubbles.: Are you both on the same page with your stances, or are there disagreements? If the latter, where do your opinions differ? Why is Boss scummy to you (vinyl) and yet you didn't want to kill him. Are you able to disclose why you want our slot dead yet?

@Inferno: Which slots do you want dead? I'll admit I may have skimmed, but I don't really know much about your stances other than a dislike for Rake I believe? He's indy though, right? Who's mafia and why don't I have a recollection of you hunting for them?

:banana:

Top Bottom