• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Data FINAL: Confirmed 1.0.6 Patch Notes

Status
Not open for further replies.

kataridragon

Smash Ace
They could have just nerfed b throw. But they went full tilt and damage nerfed a bunch of his attacks. Sheik got like a bair nerf.... thats it.

They could have at least fixed BSBS Damnit!

Diddy and Sonic got the hammer.

Last edited:

Yunior597

Smash Journeyman
Homing attack now has less recovery frames on shield.

We can now do any aerial after the move hits on block, we couldnt do that atleast its a buff.

Sonic Orochi

Smash Ace
They could have just nerfed b throw. But they went full tilt and damage nerfed a bunch of his attacks. Sheik got like a bair nerf.... thats it.
Don't forget buffs to up B and BGF knockback!

Homing attack now has less recovery frames on shield.

We can now do any aerial after the move hits on block, we couldnt do that atleast its a buff.
Seems the same to me, but I can't test it on shield properly because.. 3DS.

Last edited:

Ixisnaugus

Smash Journeyman
NNID
IxisNaugus
All of Sonic's jabs, tilts, Smashes, and aerials are active on the same frames they were before. I don't believe our frame data was hit, including first hit and active durations. Highly doubt our damageboxes were touched as well.

kataridragon

Smash Ace
*Face Palm*

Im just so happy that now I will have an even harder time against sheik and the new high tiers. YAY!

Although Im still feeling like something changed in the spins for more guaranteed follow ups.

Last edited:

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
Before we all wet ourselves, let's count our blessings too…

I think we mainly got nerfs where they were expected. It's annoying, yes, but all feels rather manageable so far. We lived with far worse in the past. This will only sift out the fake hedgehogs.

My question is this… Can we still Spinshot out of Side-B with C-Stick if it's set to "Tilt" instead of "Smash"?

:093:

J.APS

Smash Cadet
NNID
JAPSTheHedgehog
3DS FC
4596-9572-9563
I need to know:
HA still lock objects/projectiles? still miss if the opponent is invincible? (dodge/airdodge/ledge grab)
Spinshot still works with A?
Dair spike has some changes?
@ Sonic Orochi Sonic Orochi ,still works that...platform cancel/Dair cancel? (short update, before this update, you can do it with down stick + A in normal 3ds)

Sonic Orochi

Smash Ace
I need to know:
HA still lock objects/projectiles? still miss if the opponent is invincible? (dodge/airdodge/ledge grab)
Spinshot still works with A?
Dair spike has some changes?
@ Sonic Orochi Sonic Orochi ,still works that...platform cancel/Dair cancel? (short update, before this update, you can do it with down stick + A in normal 3ds)
omfg HA not locking on to Villager's tree and rocket anymore. Can't really test the dodge one though I don't see a reason for that to change.
SS is untouched (I will update with that information).
Dair spike also seems untouched.
Works on the 3DS. Dunno on Wii U (yet).

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
Sheik MU is still going to be annoying, but at least she can't bair KO us anymore. :applejack:

J.APS

Smash Cadet
NNID
JAPSTheHedgehog
3DS FC
4596-9572-9563
cool, the range of HA has some changes?
About the dodge is because when the opponent dodge, the HA doesn't lock'em. I need to know if the HA will lock the opponent but not hiting or just don't lock'em

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
um

If that's true then I'm pretty okay with this patch.

HeroMystic

Legacy of the Mario
NNID
HeroineYaoki
3DS FC
2191-8960-7738
Sonic is still good, if not amazing. I may pick him up as a second now. I always wanted more of Brawl Sonic.

Pap

Smash Rookie
After seeing and hearing nothing but "Sonic is awful again" I'm happy to see some confirmations. Definitely gonna keep an eye on this in case any hidden stuff pops up.

Gidy

Smash Lord
NNID
I-Gidy-I
3DS FC
0834-3126-6726
What essentially happened to him besides back throw no longer a kill grab?

Edit: Don't know abbreviations

Last edited:

Superbat

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Superbat3
A D A P T. Don't really have much to add to this discussion. We'll just A D A P T. We are still top 10 lol. Still fun to play as him. @ cyberman6 Cyberman65? Love your vids man. World is a small place

Last edited:

Cyberman6

Smash Apprentice
No! You could do spinshot with side b > C stick left or right. This is no longer possible. I guarantee it.

GUARANTEE IT!

This is exactly how i did spin shots. I know im doing it right because i can still do it with down b in the air.

Trust me Cam I know what Im talkin bout.

I think it has to do with the change to c-stick and no longer being able to do tilts with it.
Bleh, going to have to get used to doing it with down-b, always used side-b to do it.

Now I can't do spinshot on the ground. :(

Last edited:

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
Bleh, going to have to get used to doing it with down-b, always used side-b to do it.

Now I can't do spinshot on the ground. :(
Yes you can, just not with C-Stick.

Sonic Orochi

Smash Ace
cool, the range of HA has some changes?
About the dodge is because when the opponent dodge, the HA doesn't lock'em. I need to know if the HA will lock the opponent but not hiting or just don't lock'em
Can't really c/d this 'cause I never tested its range before lol (in sm4sh)

What essentially happened to him besides back throw no longer a kill grab?

Edit: Don't know abbreviations
Dude, just go read the FAQ for the abbreviations acronyms.

Forgot to edit the above post, my b.

If you have A+B Smash activated, charging SD and pressing A before a ISDJ or VSDJ is possible (ie: you mess up the timing), the SD will be released even if you're still holding B.

VSCJ is 3% as well (I assumed it was 6% before the patch, but I'm not sure).

Last edited by a moderator:

Myst_R

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Ellyde
So is the first page edited with the confirmed changes ? By the way, is there any confirmed changes at all ? I guess the KB reduction on the Bthrow has been proven along with the spins damage nerf

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
If you have A+B Smash activated, charging SD and pressing A before a ISDJ or VSDJ is possible (ie: you mess up the timing), the SD will be released even if you're still holding B.
I've been reading up on this new feature online myself, but riddle me this…

The new A+B Smash feature can be turned off. I think this is what is messing with the Spinshot C-Stick input.
Can someone try turning off that feature and doing a Side-B Spinshot with C-Stick down?

Sonic Orochi

Smash Ace

The new A+B Smash feature can be turned off. I think this is what is messing with the Spinshot C-Stick input.
Can someone try turning off that feature and doing a Side-B Spinshot with C-Stick down?

Only on 3DS atm, so.. waiting for someone else to c/d, although I don't think it will make any difference..

Myst_R

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Ellyde

Is there a precise timing to get with the C stick ?

Last edited:

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
Only on 3DS atm, so.. waiting for someone else to c/d, although I don't think it will make any difference..
Really? Damn. This is why I hate not having access to the game rn.
Is there a precise timing to get with th C stick ?
No, it's just that now you can't Side-B Spinshot with C-Stick at all anymore.

JamesUK7

Smash Cadet
NNID
JamesUK7
3DS FC
4167-4581-3341

I just tried it and I couldn't get it to work, I can only get Side-B Spinshot working with A... Dunno if anyone else can do it.

Myst_R

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Ellyde
Really? Damn. This is why I hate not having access to the game rn.

No, it's just that now you can't Side-B Spinshot with C-Stick at all anymore.

I am trying to spinshot out of SD with C-stick down and "A+B=Smash" off and I can not succeed to pull it out.

Also, I can NOT manage to tilt with the C-stick even when "A+B=smash" is off. So it might mean that the reason why the C-stick Spinshot out of SD doesn't work anymore comes from the change in the C-stick mechanic itself.

Waiting for someone to confirm my words, but I am more pessimistic about the C-stick SS out of SD

EDIT : My test was done with Smash on C-stick I'm gonna try with Tilts !

EDIT 2 : I've managed to make a spinshot out of a SD, aerial and grounded, with Tilts on C-stick BUT, it seems there is a timing to respect now ! So, I guess that if we get the good timing, it would be possible to do it even with Smash on C-stick

Last edited:

kataridragon

Smash Ace
I read that you can no longer do tilts with the c stick either. I think you could hold forward and then press the c stick in the same direction for a tilt.

Edit: Kinda Greninja'd

Last edited:

Myst_R

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Ellyde
Ok, I can confirm that it is possible to spinshot out of SD with C-stick, grounded and aerial, in every configuration (C-stick with smash or Tilt, A+B=Smash on and off) but THERE IS A TIMING TO RESPECT !

EDIT : My bad, I can not pull out a SS with Smash on C-stick. But it does not mean it is impossible to do

Last edited:

Syndralix

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Syndralix
Ok, I can confirm that it is possible to spinshot out of SD with C-stick, grounded and aerial, in every configuration (C-stick with smash or Tilt, A+B=Smash on and off) but THERE IS A TIMING TO RESPECT !
I'm backing this confirmation up so people know it isn't an isolated case. We can still spinshot, everyone! =D

Myst_R

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Ellyde
I'm backing this confirmation up so people know it isn't an isolated case. We can still spinshot, everyone! =D
Wait !!!!! I've made a mistake in my profile !!!!!!

I thought I pulled out a spinshot with Smash on C-stick whereas actually it was Tilt activated.

I am trying with Smash on C right now and I can't find the right timing. I can not say it is impossible to spinshot with Smash on C-stick, but I must correct my previous message, I can not confirm SS with Smash on C-stick.

What I said about A+B=Smash and Tilt on C-stick remain unchanged : it is clearly possible to SS with C-stick

Really sorry for my mistake :/

Last edited:

Syndralix

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Syndralix
Wait !!!!! I've made a mistake in my profile !!!!!!

I thought I pulled out a spinshot with Smash on C-stick whereas actually it was Tilt activated.

I am trying with Smash on C right now and I can't find the right timing. I can not say it is impossible to spinshot with Smash on C-stick, but I must correct my previous message, I can not confirm SS with Smash on C-stick.

What I said about A+B=Smash and Tilt on C-stick remain unchanged : it is clearly possible to SS with C-stick

Really sorry for my mistake :/
It's alright, this patch has been out for less than 24 hours. We're bound to make mistakes in our excitement. =/

But yes, you can still spinshot with the C-stick if you set it to do tilts. As long as we have that, I'd say we're still in a good spot overall. Certainly better than what Diddy Kong got. =)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom