• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Data FINAL: Confirmed 1.0.6 Patch Notes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sonic Orochi

Smash Ace
Bold = Confirmed
Italics = Untested

Fixes/Buffs[?]

• Throwing an item while in the helpless state right before landing won't maintain "standing helpless" state;
  • HA does not lock on to projectiles anymore; (confirmed to avoid DHD's Can, Luma, Pikmin, etc.
Nerfs

• Damage nerfs:
    • SDR (charged): 10% → 7%
    • SDJ/VSDJ/ISDJ: 6% → 3%
    • ASDR: 11% → 7%
    • SCR (occasional charged hit): 3% → 2%
    • VSCJ: 6% → 3%
    • Almost instant SCJ's damage is still 6%. Apparently, a low velocity SCJ becomes a VSDJ for some unknown reason;
  • Knockback nerfs:
    • Bthrow;
    • Utilt2 (lol);
    • Dair spike;
  • ASDR and ASC are now single hit moves;
  • BSD no longer has invincibility frames; (no longer avoids trip tree, needles, etc.)
Untouched
  • BSBS;
  • Spring Warp glitch;
Indirectly touched
  • Spinshot; (INPUTS ALTERED: Spinshot still exists for both Spin Dash and Spin Charge, however, Side-B Spinshot can no longer be inputted using a C-Stick UNLESS you change your C-Stick settings from "Smash" to "Attack".

Last edited by a moderator:

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
It was already like that.
Did all the work with True Blue already.

Utilt and bthrow got knockback nerfs. Bthrow at 0% won't be KOing a Mario DIing properly until 150% now.
SideB fully charged does 7% from 10%.

Can't test his weight. Forgot to record that data. That's all. :applejack:

Sonic Orochi

Smash Ace
RIP B-throw kills
October 3rd 2014 - April 15th 2015
Not really, methinks. Rage played a huge role on this move and probably does still.

Oh really ? They nerfed our rolls ? but... why ?
tbqh, I think it's okay. It kind of makes our rolls different: SD a quicker but weaker move and SC a slower but more powerful one (not quite that, but they ARE becoming more and more different).

Not sure about the charged SD damage though. 3% was too much, IMO. Oh, and ASDR. Why??

Can we confirm if our dash speed and jump height got buffed? Feels like we dash faster and our first jump goes higher
I think that's just placebo. Feels the same to me.

Myst_R

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Ellyde
About the first jump height, this is the first thing I felt when starting the game this morning, I guess we should really investigate

NNID
Kid Craft 24
3DS FC
3823-8516-6187
Burning spin dash got wrecked. It lost its invincibility frames during the first dash thus making it pointless vs projectile users which was its only real advantage over regular spin dash

Sonic Orochi

Smash Ace
Didn't test customs because I didn't really use them, so whoever used them please post away!

Last edited:

Gregory2590

Smash Journeyman
NNID
phireblast
I'll be monitoring this thread.

and by monitoring, I mean cursing sakurai for making my mewtwo dlc code not work at all

Seagull Joe

Smash Legend
NNID
SeagullJoe
What is ASDR? You guys have too many acronyms.

The only thing I notice is the Uair, Nair, and Bthrow knockback were decreased.

:018:

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
Wrong, wrong, and wrong. They are all the same. :applejack:

Last edited:

Ixisnaugus

Smash Journeyman
NNID
IxisNaugus
Bair might have a smidge less knockback? Could be my imagination.

Spinshot out of SpinDash I believe is gone.

Ixisnaugus

Smash Journeyman
NNID
IxisNaugus
No it's still there, I tried this morning
Spinshot out of spindash is still there. It's just a flick on the c-stick.

I can do it out of Spin Charge as usual. I haven't gotten it out of Spin Dash once yet.

Invulnerability on Spin Dash release and Spring is completely, or at least mostly intact

EDIT 2: Gonna do some 60fps recording and note down some data for comparison. Bear with me.

Last edited:

Myst_R

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Ellyde
I do the SD Spinshot with the attack button, the timing is the same and both aerial and ground version still work

Ixisnaugus

Smash Journeyman
NNID
IxisNaugus
I do the SD Spinshot with the attack button, the timing is the same and both aerial and ground version still work
You're right. My apologies, I never used the attack button method. This means Spinshot out of Spin Dash can no longer be initiated with the C-stick.

Myst_R

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Ellyde
You're right. My apologies, I never used the attack button method. This means Spinshot out of Spin Dash can no longer be initiated with the C-stick.
No problem ! It's a good thing we all work together to discover all the changes =) I'ts just a shame that Nintendo doesn't offer us a proper Patch Note...

NNID
Kid Craft 24
3DS FC
3823-8516-6187
How hard are the nerfs hitting us so far?
Pretty hard tbh. We no longer have a custom To deal with projectiles and out damage output and kill options have been nerfed. And we currently have no idea if we got any real buffs at all to compensate

Edit:
Also homing attack now if it misses and hits the ground forces us to bounce forward we Cant steer the move back if we miss...but in the air i think we can act a bit faster from a non locked on HA. Also on hit we can only pull backwards now

Last edited:

Divine123

Smash Rookie
NNID
Divine1234
3DS FC
2062-9927-4567
I'm mad that they neffed Sonic's Bthrow to all hell while Ness's Bthrow still kills like crazy. What can we do to injust to this?

Last edited:

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
Well, ****.

What an awful day for me to be stuck at work, followed by school. Will be keeping tabs on this thread though.

I sort of anticipated our spins getting nerfed, but really hoped they wouldn't. Wow. Thanks For Glory & Subreddit warriors.

And also, please don't scare me by saying Spinshot is gone. **** you. Are you sure it doesn't work with C-Stick anymore because that's the only way I do it, lol.

:093:

Sonic Orochi

Smash Ace
Also homing attack now if it misses and hits the ground forces us to bounce forward we Cant steer the move back if we miss...
Is that really changed? I can't remember lols

but in the air i think we can act a bit faster from a non locked on HA. Also on hit we can only pull backwards now
I thought so at first but I think it's, again, just placebo. And we could only pull backwards in the first place anyway.

kataridragon

Smash Ace
You cannot do the side b spinshot with the c-stick.

I dont know if its the nerfs to spins but they seem to combo into up air more consistently.... Placebo

Sonic got hit a little harder with the nerf stick than I expected.

Last edited:

Gidy

Smash Lord
NNID
I-Gidy-I
3DS FC
0834-3126-6726
I can't tell what any of these nerfs are because too many labels. ASDR? tf

Seagull Joe

Smash Legend
NNID
SeagullJoe
You all are having such a placebo effect. We're still top tier. Stop being ninnies.

Spinshot with the c-stick up could never be done with side b. Always down b. Up b is still invincible. Side b on startup is still invincible. HA into the ground always has bounced us up if we miss. He's the SAME character with a weaker kill throw that still kills just like 10% later.

Pretty hard tbh. We no longer have a custom To deal with projectiles and out damage output and kill options have been nerfed. And we currently have no idea if we got any real buffs at all to compensate
Edit:
Also homing attack now if it misses and hits the ground forces us to bounce forward we Cant steer the move back if we miss...but in the air i think we can act a bit faster from a non locked on HA. Also on hit we can only pull backwards now
Get good and just powershield. The ONLY character that kept :4sonic: at bay with projectiles was :4sheik:. You could literally sh over her needles. Maybe I'm just amazing due to using no customs and PS'ing on reaction stuff.

Last edited:

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
You all are having such a placebo effect. We're still top tier. Stop being ninnies.
Only time will tell. I don't see Sonic dropping vastly, though. Not the he was ever the third best character in the game to begin with but… People will complain about Sonic forever. He could be garbage tier and people would still complain that he's too fast.
Spinshot with the c-stick up could never be done with side b. Always down b.
This is all I needed to hear someone say.

Thank you.

Everyone else… Stop trying to give me a heart attack.
Up b is still invincible. Side b on startup is still invincible. HA into the ground always has bounced us up if we miss. He's the SAME character with a weaker kill throw that still kills just like 10% later.

gg

I think we'll adapt to the spin nerfs but… Just the idea of taking longer to rack up damage and KO is sounding very familiar…

:sonic:

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
I feel like I truly won't get the answers I want about Spinshot until I'm at home with a controller in my hand.

kataridragon

Smash Ace
No! You could do spinshot with side b > C stick left or right. This is no longer possible. I guarantee it.

GUARANTEE IT!

This is exactly how i did spin shots. I know im doing it right because i can still do it with down b in the air.

Trust me Cam I know what Im talkin bout.

I think it has to do with the change to c-stick and no longer being able to do tilts with it.

Last edited:

Myst_R

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Ellyde
I feel the same as Seagull Joe, I don't feel we're destroyed at all, Sonic stays the same with a slightly less powerfull Bthrow.

The spins nerf doesn't bother me, I'm sure we can adapt, as Camalnge said.

So for now, this balance patch sounds good.

And about the first jump, it is crazy, I know about Placebo but ****, I feel something has changed.

If this man could redo his test with 1.0.6 I would be fixed

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rW1wFV4WTxE

NNID
Kid Craft 24
3DS FC
3823-8516-6187
I mean sonic still is good just i feel they went alittle too deep as far as nerfing him and messing with his custom move i feel was alittle too far. Especially given that last i checked our BSD wasnt the move that everyone was complaining relating to custom moves.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom