• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[Feb 21, 2015] Matthews Smashers "Crazier 8" Tournament (Matthews/Charlotte, NC)

tanookigamer01

Smash Apprentice
LOOK FOR OUR NEXT TOURNAMENT ON
MARCH 28th, 2015!!

WOW! What a "Crazy Fun" tournament!
We really appreciate all the kind words said about our "Matthews Smashers" tournaments! A lot of hard work goes into each one and it's all for you to enjoy! The "8's" on the hour raffle had many excited winners, while the Amiibo tournament brought extensive cheers! Let's not forget the
"8 Man Ditto" Captain Falcon tournament, the "Crazy Money Matches," the hunt for SSB Characters, as well as the sounds of the Ocarina! We hope your experience was nothing short of awesome!!!!

Congratulations to the "Top 4 Winners" of each game, as well as our "8th Place Prize Winners!"

The Results are below:

http://smashboards.com/threads/matthews-crazier-8-results-melee-pm-smsh4.392460/

Project M Winners:

Pictured from Right to Left: 1st Place-Stingers; 2nd Place-Archer; 3rd Place- Sharkz; 4th Place-Jelly; 8th Place Prize Winner- Nevermind (not pictured)

Melee Winners:

Pictured from Right to Left: 1st Place- Peter; 2nd Place- Stingers; 3rd Place- Sharkz; 4th Place-Stongertron|Slasher; 8th Place Prize Winner-Skywalker

Smash 4 Winners:

Pictured from Right to Left: 1st Place- Red Panda Kai; 2nd Place-Stingers; 3rd Place- Red Panda Stockfield; 4th Place-Marvin; 8th Place Prize Winner- DRAKEML (pictured below)

Will YOUR picture be on the next "Matthews Smashers" Tournament Thread? Keep watch for the next tournament date!! Until then... practice, practice, practice!!

:4bowser::4larry::4falcon::4charizard::4darkpit::4diddy::4mario::4luigi::4pacman::4ness::4sonic::4ganondorf::4wario2::peachmelee::pikachumelee::foxmelee::jigglypuffmelee::yoshimelee::mewtwopm::roypm:

WELCOME to

MATTHEWS SMASHERS

"CRAZier 8"

TOURNAMENT
DETAILS
February 21st, 2015
The Start of Registration and Warmups:11:00AM***
Registration ends promptly at the start of each tourney*** +(Brackets will be seeded by our last 4 tournament results, State Power Rankings, Charlotte Ladders, and Smashboards!)+

Start times:
Project M Singles (3.5 version) at 12:00

Melee Singles at 1:30
Smash 4 Wii U
Singles at 3:00

(All above tournaments are double elimination!)
"Crazier 8" Amiibo Side Tournament at 12:30
(Details below)
Venue/Door Fee: $8.00
We are in need of 5 (we have all the rest) complete Wii U set-ups (consisting of Wii U, Smash 4 game with all characters and stages unlocked, and game cube adapter) No T.V's are needed. The first 5 that bring these complete set-ups will be refunded $4.00 at the end of the tournament play. We truly appreciate all who bring one!

Each Tournament Entry Fee: $8.00
This $8.00 fee will go into a pot for each event you enter (Melee, Smash 4 Singles, and/or Project M) with 100% Payout per Tourney!

"Crazier 8" Amiiiiiiiibo Side Tournament:
Bring your most trained Amiibo for $1.00 to enter!
(This tourney will go simultaneously with the other events, so you don't have to be present to play!)

Amiibo Tourney Ruleset: 2 stock, 6 minutes, single elimination, neutral stages (either Smashville or Town and City.) This $1.00 fee will go into a seperate "Amiibo pot" with 100% payout!

*******$1.00 Money Match Madness*******
Venue Guidelines:
1. No Unsportsmanlike Conduct
2. No Cursing/Swearing or use of Profanity
3. No Alcohol or Illegal Substances
4. No Spamming/Stalling
5. No ear-side coaching During the game
6. You must Respect the Facility and the Equipment

7. You must Respect the Ruleset of each Game
8. You must Respect each Other

Parking:
Parking is free and allowed on all sides of the facility.
Hungry?
There WILL be a snack bar at the venue!
All snacks are $1.00 each!

Don't Forget....
When entering Smash 4 Wii U, Melee
and/or Project M, bring your OWN CONTROLLER!
Melee Ruleset
4 Stock, 8 Min, No items

Neutral Stages:
Yoshi's Story
Dream Land
Fountain of Dreams

Final Destination
Battlefield

Counter-Pick:
*Pokemon Stadium

Project M Ruleset
4 Stock, 8 Min, No items
Neutral Stages:

Final Destination
Battlefield
Smashville
Pokemon Stadium

Dreamland (64)

Counter-Pick:

Yoshi’s Island (Brawl)
Pokemon Stadium 1
Lylat Cruise
Wario Ware
Green Hill Zone
Skyloft
Skyworld
Smash 4 Wii U Ruleset:

3 Stock, 8 min, no items, no miis

Neutral Stages:

Final Destination
Battlefield
Smashville
Town and City
Lylat Cruise

Counter-Picks:

Castle Siege
Halberd
Omega Stages
Kongo Jungle 64

**All wireless remotes MUST be turned off
after each set you play or you will be DQ'd.**
**For all who attended our last "CRAZY 8" tournament (94 gamers), remember the "crazy fun" prizes we had....8th place winner, 8 piece Super Smash Bros. find, multiples of 8 raffle...etc? Well, there's gonna be a lot more "CRAZier" things happening at this tournament!!**

Gotta come to see...
:4shulk::4shulk:I'M REALLY FEELING IT.........Are YOU??:4shulk::4shulk:

CAN'T WAIT TO SEE YOU ALL AT THE

Matthews Smashers

C"
R
A
Z
i
e

r"
TOURNAMENT ON
SATURDAY, FEBRUARY 21st, 2015!
UNTIL THEN, KEEP ON SMASHIN'!!!
:rosalina::4ness::4kirby::4falcon::4lucario::4diddy::4drmario::4robinf::roypm::mewtwopm::bowsermelee::falconmelee::icsmelee::linkmelee::mariomelee::pikachumelee::yoshimelee::younglinkmelee::zeldamelee::4sonic::4tlink:

Last edited:

Glish

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Wav_Glish
3DS FC
1418-7649-4416
1) Will I be seeded around 7 in PM since I got 7th this past weekend?

2) Next time I'm not gonna win the Crazy 8 prize, because I'm going win the tournament! :estatic:

See you all there!

Last edited:

alyodie

Smash Cadet
1) Will I be seeded around 7 in PM since I got 7th this past weekend?

2) Next time I'm not gonna win the Crazy 8 prize, because I'm going win the tournament! :estatic:

See you all there!

Glish,

1} Seeding is not just based on our tournaments alone. We use the state rankings as well, so it all just depends on who shows up as to where you will fall. After we use the higher rankings, then we use our tournament rankings, so you should be seated pretty nicely.
2) I'm liking the confidence ! : )

Glish

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Wav_Glish
3DS FC
1418-7649-4416
Glish,

1} Seeding is not just based on our tournaments alone. We use the state rankings as well, so it all just depends on who shows up as to where you will fall. After we use the higher rankings, then we use our tournament rankings, so you should be seated pretty nicely.
Leffen recently said (not exact) "the ones who shoot for top 8 aren't going to get it. It's the ones who shoot for first that get there."

Dinn3r

Smash Rookie
NNID
Th34wesomeness
1. Leffen is a jerk but he does have skill.
2. I should be able to make this one.

tanookigamer01

Smash Apprentice
Why is smash 4 having 3 stocks i thought it was suppose to be 2 ??
Hey Hippo_Lord! A lot of venues have 2 stocks, while some have 3 stocks. We keep going back and forth with it! Our first tournament with Smash 4 had 2 stocks, while our last tournament had 3 stocks!
We usually take a census at the tournaments and the majority wanted 3! God only knows what it will be next month!!!
I don't believe we know you yet! Hope to meet you at our next tournament!

tanookigamer01

Smash Apprentice
At the last tournament, we found a black Nike bag with the name Bartlett on the swish. Who is missing it? Can the owner please claim it?

Twisty Treats

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
1075-1216-7448
Glish,

We should totally have an all star random random stage tourney that is 1 dollar

ArticBullSlayer

Smash Rookie
As a former student at Harvard University it is my respectful opinion that u reduce the 3 stock rule in Smash 4 to 2 stocks. Apex 2015 (The largest Smash Tournament ever held) used the 2 stock rule. If u want to reduce time and play what is commonly held as the regulation for smash 4 then u should go with 2 stocks! Thanks for reading my opinion!

tanookigamer01

Smash Apprentice
As a former student at Harvard University it is my respectful opinion that u reduce the 3 stock rule in Smash 4 to 2 stocks. Apex 2015 (The largest Smash Tournament ever held) used the 2 stock rule. If u want to reduce time and play what is commonly held as the regulation for smash 4 then u should go with 2 stocks! Thanks for reading my opinion!
Hey ArticBullSlayer! Thanks for giving your opinion!! We love hearing it and are open to more discussion!

Twisty Treats

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
1075-1216-7448
Sorry to say but why the hell does it matter if you are from harvard lol

Walt722

Smash Rookie
Hey you guys so I am new to competitive smash but my friends and I love smash and we saw this tournament and we were wondering if anyone can play in the tournament and if we can just show up? So sorry if that is a dumb question.

GreenChaChing

Smash Apprentice
Hey you guys so I am new to competitive smash but my friends and I love smash and we saw this tournament and we were wondering if anyone can play in the tournament and if we can just show up? So sorry if that is a dumb question.
The times are listed on the first post of this thread, just come to the venue when the tournament you want to participate in starts, and you're good! Anybody can play, you just show up, sign up and pay the fee and you are in! Don't be afraid to ask any question, we are all here to help and have fun! I look forward to seeing you there!

Dinn3r

Smash Rookie
NNID
Th34wesomeness
Hey, I've been wondering if anyone's interested in $1-$5 iron man challenges. I've always liked iron mans, and it would work well with the "Crazy 8's" theme if there was 8 characters that you could choose.

Glish

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Wav_Glish
3DS FC
1418-7649-4416
Hey, I've been wondering if anyone's interested in $1-$5 iron man challenges. I've always liked iron mans, and it would work well with the "Crazy 8's" theme if there was 8 characters that you could choose.
Don't do this here. We need setups for tournament.

GreenChaChing

Smash Apprentice
I might, depending on how im feeling. Not 8 characters though, maybe 3-5

Last edited:

TheSourDough

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
4656-7158-2153
See everybody their, looking forward to this for sure. Hopefully the WiiU tourney starts earlier then 5 though hahah

Glish

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Wav_Glish
3DS FC
1418-7649-4416
Only if 20$ or more I would say. Other then that 1$ ALL STAR TOURNAMENT RANDOM WITH A PAGE 2 STAGE!!!!
Priority goes to tournament matches, no matter the price of the money match. The venue is for the tournament, not for MMs to be plays, you can do that anywhere.

Twisty Treats

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
1075-1216-7448
Priority goes to tournament matches, no matter the price of the money match. The venue is for the tournament, not for MMs to be plays, you can do that anywhere.
Yes totally now weird at all giving somoene your adress to play smash for a money match. The inconvience of doing a money match at a tourney is over nine thousand.

Glish

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Wav_Glish
3DS FC
1418-7649-4416
Yes totally now weird at all giving somoene your adress to play smash for a money match. The inconvience of doing a money match at a tourney is over nine thousand.
I can't understand your sentence. Please use proper grammar.

Glish

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Wav_Glish
3DS FC
1418-7649-4416
adapter will have 4 ports for GC controllers so we can do doubles on it. and will custom moves be allowed or nah?
There are no doubles during this event. Customs haven't ever been allowed at this tournament.

NTG

Smash Cadet
Heh. Feisty.

I can bring my CRT/Project M setup if need be, if not that's fine too. For what it's worth, I don't play Sm4sh, but 3 stocks is totally fine assuming people actually go in and fight. People like Dabuz and campers are the only reason 2 stocks was used, most tourneys I see use 3. But that's just the opinion of someone who doesn't actually play, so ignore it if you feel like it.

EDIT: also, if there's a FB event page, that'd definitely help attendance.

Last edited:
Top Bottom