• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Fanime Con 2007 Smash Panel

RPK

Smash Lord
Okay here is the thing...I might get the panel, but if I do though then I need some TVs and probably afterwards we can have ourselves a small tournament ^-^ However...I have never been to a panel before nor have I ever held one so yeah...NERVOUS I REALLY AM IF THIS **** HITS THE FAN!!!

mrb1tch3s

Smash Ace
wow...cmon dude...just make some money and go?...>_>...hot chicks who love anime and video...life is good my friend >_>

cavesonic13

Smash Lord
S...............................E..........................X.............................................................................................oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo..........................................O.o

Simna ibn Sind

THIS IS unMODNESS!
BRoomer
Slippi.gg
SIND#745
cavesonic: guess who has no say in the matter?

Radgore: hmmm the clothes description is a little iffy...cause i was wearing exactly what i have on in the picture of me here: http://www.smashwiki.com/wiki/Simna except the bat....i remember having a conversation with a guy with reflective sunglasses during the tournament, but....aren't u Dr. Sabre Wolf? wait....i thought u were the guy who was the one who made the topic on here about the Sac Anime tournament, but im sure it wasnt under the name Radgore...

Radgore

Smash Rookie
Pittsburg, CA....2 mins away from Antioch and Conc
I dont know how.........but my other account on here just disappeared.....not in the members list or anything.....i have no clue what happened to my other account, but yeh thats me i didnt mention the stripes cause i figured you would get the idea.....ive been practicing so much that all the **** tourneis i go to at the conventions suck.....baddly... i need to play sum1 difficult......last fanime germ and bob showed up but then.....i sucked...now im ready=)

RPK

Smash Lord
oh well I dont play Ness. anyways guys Ive recieved confirmation on my panel and its on so yeah I probably just need some TVs, and probably some people to like do a couple of matches using advanced techniques. Probably a couple foxes or falcos since theyre the most technical characters. Or some crap like that anyways thats about it. If you guys wanna contribute something just tell me =D alright thx

HyugaRicdeau

Baller/Shot-caller
Slippi.gg
DRZ#283
I might be willing to help out too, depending on when this happens.

If you want a short outline of what I think a good talk would be like, I think first thing to talk about is to explain the nature of competitive gaming, and why the Smash Tournament Rules are the way they are (e.g. why team attack is on, why Yoshi Story 64 is banned, etc)

Second, I would mention the different aspects of the metagame. Wobbles has made a good topic in Melee Discussion about this, though I'm not sure I agree 100% on how he partitions them.

I would explain what the advanced techniques are probably as a subset of the aspects of the game, but do it last to segue into the last section, being application of advanced techniques.

RPK

Smash Lord
I will atleast have a TV, and a gamecube with 4 controllers and demonstrating the stuff that wasnt covered in the how to video of the game
Things that will be covered:
Wavedashing
Short Hopping
Fast Falling
L-canceling
SHFFLing
Character tricks
YoYo Glitch
Waveshining
Pillaring
SHL
Float Canceling
Bomb Jumping
Wizards Foot recovery
Then I guess after a couple tricks being shown some Q&A I guess...
Like personal tips for a character that they have in mind. Though I dont really know ALL of the characters that well...Just some....
and its on Sunday at 5pm in Panels room #3 - also known as the Santa Clara
Ballroom at the Hilton Hotel
but yeah all I have thought up was showing up some stuff that wasnt shown in the how to video

RPK

Smash Lord
I know that much :3 I intended on asking for your help anyways since I know your going to Fanime lol btw my sn on fanime boards is Asa_Gohan if you didnt recognize me :3 I also might need a lab top since I dont have one and, if its possible, show some combo videos on like a TV or something like that

RPK

Smash Lord
yeah but unfortunatly I dont know if they will be having Wifi in that room and in addition...I dont have a labtop so, so far combo videos are a no go >3< Though it would be nice. Plus I think it would be a nuisence if everybody had to crowd around 1 TV or a labtop just to watch a combo video. Though again it would be nice if I was able to.

RPK

Smash Lord
@simna
Date: Wed, 25 Apr 2007 00:01:57 -0700

Ryan,

This is to notify, the panel SSMB Advanced has been confirmed for
Sunday at 5pm in Panels room #3 - also known as the Santa Clara
Ballroom at the Hilton Hotel. I am still working on the TV issue for
your panel, but we are confident that we can work out something
acceptable. I'll send you more about that later.

Our schedule is mostly locked down at this point, so there should -
not- be any changes from this point. If for some reason there -is- a
change, I'll let you know immediately. Schedule will go to publishing
Saturday of this next week.

Rena
Panels Coordination, FanimeCon 2007

Simna ibn Sind

THIS IS unMODNESS!
BRoomer
Slippi.gg
SIND#745
hmm that might cut it close...maybe the thing i said about calling ppl up on the other forum might not be such a good idea...

oh hey that could probably still work, but it would be better to start out if u had 1 or 2 other ppl on front with u so u can talk and whatnot while another person can perform and that would also be good for situations in which u need to do something that requires more than 1 person. I'd be willing to help out^_^

RPK

Smash Lord
though like I said on the fanime forums Im just gunna be demonstrateing like wavedashing and other stuff then some Q&A and ask the audience if they want some tips on certain characters and yeah
EDIT: Btw do you think Isai would go to fanime? XD Cause I wanna grab him as one of my assistants for this :3

RPK

Smash Lord
I might be willing to help out too, depending on when this happens.

If you want a short outline of what I think a good talk would be like, I think first thing to talk about is to explain the nature of competitive gaming, and why the Smash Tournament Rules are the way they are (e.g. why team attack is on, why Yoshi Story 64 is banned, etc)

Second, I would mention the different aspects of the metagame. Wobbles has made a good topic in Melee Discussion about this, though I'm not sure I agree 100% on how he partitions them.

I would explain what the advanced techniques are probably as a subset of the aspects of the game, but do it last to segue into the last section, being application of advanced techniques.
unfortunatly I dont think Ive evert read that deep into the history of ssb so best I could do is explain some techs to some noobs who are new to advanced techs, then some QnA or some tips on their characters and then a demo match

HyugaRicdeau

Baller/Shot-caller
Slippi.gg
DRZ#283
No I don't think so. The badge that you have to pay for is for access to dealer room and the video rooms. So basically you can still hang around the hotel and do most things that are in the common area, which the arcade generally is.

RPK

Smash Lord
unfortunatly....the arcade is now in the same room as the game room so that means you have to pay for access to even the arcade

Hitaku

Smash Journeyman
NNID
RyuujinHitaku
3DS FC
4184-2595-2024
I am really happy to hear we are going to have some organized SSB this year. The tourney last year wasn't so good....to say the least lol. We couldn't bring our own controllers and they made us use 3rd party ones that sucked =/. Now that I am thinking about it....are you guys also going to be holding a tourney or just having a how to session/ get together. Me and around 3 friends will be going and would love a tourney . Hope to see a lot of people there ^^.

Top Bottom