• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Fancy Smash in Naperville, IL *UPDATED* July, 12th

dj asakura

Smash Ace
Adam consider me in, after you spanked me all day that one day i stopped playing but I'm playing again now and I want to play more, just give me the details and I'm so in, and if you want we can start playing more again outside of this.

and Ryan, if you and the others need a ride to things like this I can give a lift to a few people if I need to.

I'm sorta really excited

crazn137

Smash Journeyman
I'd definately be interested in going to this, but I'd only be there for the brawl part. I live in Oak Brook, so the drive isn't too bad. I also could bring roughly four people along with me, so that's five people right there. I'll help with organizing and whatnot if needed. Please PM if you need help because I really would like to do tournaments (not to mention monthly ones).

-ZERO

BlackPanther

Smash Ace
Can't wait for this to happen. I've been waitin to play your *** in a tourney Adam. Hopefully a lot of people come to this, and hopefully for Melee only or more Melee people than Brawl people lolz.

dj asakura

Smash Ace
Shameless bump, I'd like to keep this near the top because I feel like Illinois is lacking in activity and I really want this to happen cause I've been playing Brawl so much lately.

Kirk

Smash Champion
I've been confined to wifi for the whole summer and by the looks of things it will continue to be this way...

PLEASE lets get this thing going! I want to play locally SO bad xD

crazn137

Smash Journeyman
Aghh! Can't wait for this!! I've been practicing my Marth Stuff for the past two hours to make sure I'm still decent =P

TheStig

Smash Lord
well there's always the biweekly tournaments at the cave in geneva but a local one in naperville would be sweet

Byronman

Smash Journeyman
I'd be interested in participating. Its so hard to find close tournaments for me...

Ok so now I have to practice my chain throwing

dj asakura

Smash Ace
well there's always the biweekly tournaments at the cave in geneva but a local one in naperville would be sweet
They're still doing the bi-weeklies at The Cave? ****, had I known I might try to make it there more often. Is it still Saturday's at 11 or 12?

But yea, Adam, where you at, let's help you get this shiz set up

TheStig

Smash Lord
They're still doing the bi-weeklies at The Cave? ****, had I known I might try to make it there more often. Is it still Saturday's at 11 or 12?

But yea, Adam, where you at, let's help you get this shiz set up
yeah there are sill bi-weeklies. one this weekend, and hopefully they have the a/c fixed. here: The Cave

maybe someone can host the naperville tourny's at a garage or house if people are having trouble renting out a place?

Sn1per

Smash Journeyman
Hey Sn1per did you get my pm?
Yes, and I appreciate the offering of aid. I'll need help with wiis and TVs when it comes to that. I THINK this first month will be Brawl and next will be melee. Any tournies after that (monthly) will be whichever has a bigger turnout this time around. I love melee. I really do. HOWEVER, I enjoy progress and I have fun with brawl so I will give both a shot. I'm working out date details soon. THERE IS A DAIRY QUEEN NEXT DOOR... OMG.

-Zec

ps. I want to play with all of you people outside of friendlies. I have semi-regular smash fests (mostly melee) any of ya'll wanna come over? (Yea, I said ya'll)

slomo431

Smash Ace
I'd be in for some melee smashfests. You probably don't remember me but I played you a few of the times you and wuwu came to Champaign a year or two ago.

dj asakura

Smash Ace
Yea Adam, let me know about those smashfests, melee or brawl. Hopefully I can make this cause I usually work till 5 on Saturdays but I may not be working weekends anymore, or at least only till 1 or 2 on Saturdays.

Anyway, can't wait to get more details.

_kSo_

Smash Master
I'm going to be at Vro's house a few times this summer, so hopefully I'll be there when you have the next melee tournament 0_o

i dun play brawl, but I do play smash64 ^_^ so we can kick it old school if you want

anyway, this looks like fun, I'd totally go

BlackPanther

Smash Ace
Yes, and I appreciate the offering of aid. I'll need help with wiis and TVs when it comes to that. I THINK this first month will be Brawl and next will be melee. Any tournies after that (monthly) will be whichever has a bigger turnout this time around. I love melee. I really do. HOWEVER, I enjoy progress and I have fun with brawl so I will give both a shot. I'm working out date details soon. THERE IS A DAIRY QUEEN NEXT DOOR... OMG.

-Zec

ps. I want to play with all of you people outside of friendlies. I have semi-regular smash fests (mostly melee) any of ya'll wanna come over? (Yea, I said ya'll)
Eww Adam, you serious about making this July all Brawl? I hope not because if so that's gonna suck -_-.

Sn1per

Smash Journeyman
Eww Adam, you serious about making this July all Brawl? I hope not because if so that's gonna suck -_-.
Well, I don't know if it sucks cuz I haven't played in a brawl tourny yet. If it does we'll stick with melee. None the less, I want to give brawl a fair chance.

Also, you don't stand a near hell of a chance winning a melee tourny so why not stick with brawl :D

-Zec

Kirk

Smash Champion
Heeeeeey

Just give me an address and I'll totally be there for the smashfest...I REALLY need to start playing some people.

I'm mostly a brawl man myself...I probably suck at melee by now lol.

*keeps watch in the thread*

TheStig

Smash Lord
i would like brawl at the first one in july (trust me, from tournaments i've been to brawl has big turnouts)

Zjiin

Smash Master
Well, I don't know if it sucks cuz I haven't played in a brawl tourny yet. If it does we'll stick with melee. None the less, I want to give brawl a fair chance.

Also, you don't stand a near hell of a chance winning a melee tourny so why not stick with brawl :D

-Zec
You're gonna find out how boring and annoying Brawl tournaments tend to be. Also, don't look forward to epic finals, lol.

Byronman

Smash Journeyman
Brawls not that bad (and we are not starting a debate here)...And I probably suck at melee by now...

dj asakura

Smash Ace
I don't suck at melee I dont think, or at least, everyone else got worse and I stayed the same, haha

But I just like Brawl cause I'm getting into it before everything got really advanced and ****, it's more my pace and I like the playstyles more and I feel I can actually compete at a higher level, unlike melee where I'll always be too slow.

But anyway...I don't if anyone would want to but if we had enough people maybe we can organize an all nighter to play smash somewhere before this. It's unlikely but it could be fun

Brightside6382

Smash Lord

-Zec
Brawl tournies are the worst. You don't want to be a part of it.

crazn137

Smash Journeyman
But I just like Brawl cause I'm getting into it before everything got really advanced and ****, it's more my pace and I like the playstyles more and I feel I can actually compete at a higher level, unlike melee where I'll always be too slow.

But anyway...I don't if anyone would want to but if we had enough people maybe we can organize an all nighter to play smash somewhere before this. It's unlikely but it could be fun
lol thats why i started playing brawl more instead of melee.

and an all night smash would be awesome =D

Byronman

Smash Journeyman
I don't suck at melee I dont think, or at least, everyone else got worse and I stayed the same, haha

I agree with this. And yeah like ZERO I think this is why I play brawl more, besides for the sake of progress.

And what did I say about making this a debate!?

Top Bottom