• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Falcon CHAT! The Captain Falcon Social Thread

HFlash

Future Physician and Sm4sher
NNID
HFlash
I know exactly how you feel, @ HFlash HFlash . Got the same feeling when that reddit poll came up and Falcon won that poll by like 60%... everyone wants to main him, I guess.

BUT ONLY A FEW WILL BE ABLE TO MASTER THE MANLY CAPTAIN! HIESZ

Yea, but when you are in a tourney of 40ish people and 3 other people play what you play (Captain Fab) it takes away the whole "im a unique snowflake" feeling Q_Q

Lanzoma

Smash Cadet
NNID
Lanzoma
3DS FC
3024-6365-7774
There was a Mexican Falcon somewhere around here, does that count?
Hi. I think it counts depending on who you ask :)

Is anybody playing in the Hypest online tourneys? I just entered my first one yesterday, got 7th out of 76, not happy but not sad about it. I need so much match up experience, kept being surprised by just about everything, heh.

Last edited:

teluoborg

Smash Otter
Premium
NNID
teloutre
Yea, but when you are in a tourney of 40ish people and 3 other people play what you play (Captain Fab) it takes away the whole "im a unique snowflake" feeling Q_Q
Then you just have to win the tournament, people can't imitate that.

It's not Brawl anymore, if you want to get a special status (I mean aside from being known as a Falcon main) you gotta show the moves.

teluoborg

Smash Otter
Premium
NNID
teloutre
Cool to see that bug still exists in smash 4. Same goes with Falcon kick, don't do it when you're getting pushed offstage.

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
Yeah I'm not too surprised it exists, I've just never seen it before and didn't expect it to look so ridiculous.
Don't feel too bad though, Kirby's Copy still has no hitstun, so you can still Falcon Kick him the instant he swallows you :D thanks Sakurai

HFlash

NNID
HFlash
That's a bug? Looked like the move just had alot of knock back. I've seen in with multiple fsmashes.

HFlash

NNID
HFlash
Then you just have to win the tournament, people can't imitate that.

It's not Brawl anymore, if you want to get a special status (I mean aside from being known as a Falcon main) you gotta show the moves.
Too bad I work that day =/

Edit: Sorry, didn't mean to double post my bad.

Last edited:

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
It's not about the lack of hitstun it's the disappearance of grab armor.
Nono. Well there's that too, which is an indirect nerf to Kirby thanks to the removal of grab armor, but I mean when he actually has you in his mouth, and then hits Down or B to Copy your power. It sends you up, but you have zero hitstun so certain moves can hit Kirby immediately after. I listed all the ones I know about here.

http://puu.sh/cNLcF/bca27d86f7.webm also there's a webm. Might as well spread the knowledge, so more people know about it.

rncb

Smash Rookie
NNID
realncb
So, I am so fresh that I don't have a main yet. But I do have drive to get good enough (short term goal) to compete at my local venues. One of my biggest concerns in picking a main is being fun to watch. I was planning on playing MegaMan but that I know some don't like watching zoning game. Every thing I've seen here and in vids is that Falcon gets maaaad hype results. After toying around with him I can see why. I guess the only thing I need to find out is if I am man enough to main the Captain.

Darky-Sama

Smash Lord
NNID
Darky-Sama
So, I was playing the Ness match-up in 4Children Mode today and got hit by PK Fire.

>Tried to DI diagonally back and shield to avoid getting grabbed.
>Accidentally DI'd and jabbed.
>Jab actually came out quick enough to hit Ness between the PK Fire hits and hit him out of the grab animation.

Jab can make miracles.

Nixon Corral

Southland Scion
NNID
Nixon_Corral
Shrug. Playing the default skin makes me feel special because it's my way of saying "I'm actually a fan of F-Zero, not Falcon Punch Meme Man." /smug

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223
Heeeeeeeeyyy!!!

So I just noticed this place, and it looks swell. I've always loved playing as the good Captain since SSB64, but for some reason I haven't gotten back to using him until this game.

Now that I'm taking him more seriously, I can safely say that he's just as awesome as ever. :)

BigLord

Smash Lord
NNID
BiigLord
3DS FC
3024-7470-9499
I went up against AlanUranus in that tournament in the first freaking round, haha. You're familiar with him, right @ Lionman Lionman ? :p

I still managed to win a few games afterwards but then I choked against yet another Falcon. I need more wifi practice, I hate not being able to react to and punish stuff on time...
Congrats on getting so far! You're up against ZeRo next!! You're making a name for yourself :)

Last edited:

Lionman

Smash Champion
Im playing against Zero probaly, how ****ed i am?

Ye, Uranus is legit Falcon user but he preffers ganon in wifi

Last edited:

BigLord

Smash Lord
NNID
BiigLord
3DS FC
3024-7470-9499
It's honestly hard to say. I wish either of you could save that set as replays, I'm so hyped :D

BigLord

Smash Lord
NNID
BiigLord
3DS FC
3024-7470-9499
Confirmed!!!

And holy crap look who's down there! That's the demon Mii Brawler :D

Go Lionman go!

EDIT: aw man, just as I had posted this, it was updated. ZeRo won 2-0 :(

Last edited:

teluoborg

Smash Otter
Premium
NNID
teloutre
Went to a tourney saturday and did terrible. Won one match then lost two in a row, the first to a good megaman and the second to a fellow Falcon named Anoer. That guy lost at the first round of the bracket and managed to come back all the way to 3rd place. In a 64 man tourney. I'll find the vid of the losers final because his Falcon is really nice to watch (except when he chokes).

Lanzoma

Smash Cadet
NNID
Lanzoma
3DS FC
3024-6365-7774
God damn @ Lionman Lionman , that was an awesome showing. 5th out of what, more than a thousand players? Congrats!

Did you save replays of your matches? I'd love to see them :)

Tristan_win

Not dead.
Killing percents for Captain Falcon fresh side B with DI on FD in VS mode at 0%

FD
Diddy kong
124%
Sheik
~Data C0rr-rupted~
Zss
114%
Rosalina
105%
yoshi
122%
Sonic
118%
Lucario
126%
pikachu
109%

Yes Diddy is that high, I double checked.

Barely useful testing %
grab hit1 2 jab1 = 2
grab hit2 3 jab1 + jab1 = 3
jab 1/2 = 4
grab hit3 5
dthrow = 6
uthrow = 7 grab hit4 7
grab hit + dthrow = 8 grab hit5 8
fthrow = 9 bthrow = 9 grab hit + uthrow = 9 grab hit6 9
two grab hit + dthrow = 10
grab hit + fthrow = 11 grab hit + bthrow = 11 grab hit7 11
grab hit8 12