• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Falcon CHAT! The Captain Falcon Social Thread

Locke 06

Sayonara, bye bye~
NNID
tl.206
Hey Falcon mains! The MegaMan boards are discussing the Captain Falcon MU for the next 4 days and would like your help!

Click here to show us your moves.

Gawain

Smash Lord
NNID
Gawain
3DS FC
5069-4113-9796
So our boy didn't get very fair representation at Apex this year. Lots of not so great Falcon's. A shame that the pros haven't started tapping into frame cancelled knees and stomps yet. Though I've heard that Zero might be picking Cap up as his new main now, so here's hoping to seeing some cool new stuff.

KenMeister

Smash Lord
NNID
KenMeister
3DS FC
3609-1224-8364
So our boy didn't get very fair representation at Apex this year. Lots of not so great Falcon's. A shame that the pros haven't started tapping into frame cancelled knees and stomps yet. Though I've heard that Zero might be picking Cap up as his new main now, so here's hoping to seeing some cool new stuff.
Wait, Acid and/or Blur didn't go?

BigLord

Smash Lord
NNID
BiigLord
3DS FC
3024-7470-9499
ZeRo vs M2K was so hype in that ONE game where ZeRo actually used Falcon and was KILLING it!... and then M2K got him with diddy's dair v_v

If he really switches his main up to the good Captain I'll be so freaking happy. He knows the Cap. He'll make us proud!

TheGreatBrawler

Smash Apprentice
NNID
BlueMario1998
3DS FC
5198-3100-0796
ZeRo vs M2K was so hype in that ONE game where ZeRo actually used Falcon and was KILLING it!... and then M2K got him with diddy's dair v_v

If he really switches his main up to the good Captain I'll be so freaking happy. He knows the Cap. He'll make us proud!
I missed it... Is there a video link for that match?

Langston777

Smash Apprentice
NNID
langston777
Any Falcons care to play on Wii U some? I am just god awful at fighting him so i'm looking to get some feedback for Marth

Nixon Corral

Southland Scion
NNID
Nixon_Corral

Agreed. Saw the match. He knows what he's doing. Would really love to see him go all in on Falcon. If anyone can take him places, it's ZeRo.

Gawain

Smash Lord
NNID
Gawain
3DS FC
5069-4113-9796
Anyone else playing around with Falcon's frame cancel stuff? It's got me excited, I'm telling you now. Tons of potential.

Nixon Corral

Southland Scion
NNID
Nixon_Corral
Anyone else playing around with Falcon's frame cancel stuff? It's got me excited, I'm telling you now. Tons of potential.
If it can get me stomp knee back, I'll practice anything.

...but I actually haven't read up on it yet. You got any links to good stuff to read up on?

Gawain

Smash Lord
NNID
Gawain
3DS FC
5069-4113-9796
If it can get me stomp knee back, I'll practice anything.

...but I actually haven't read up on it yet. You got any links to good stuff to read up on?
Shameless, but I've got a video. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=--TTK_T2aEU&feature=youtu.be

I don't do a stomp ---> knee in the video but it's possible as a true combo around 55 percent on characters like Diddy if you're really quick on the knee. Now I'm regretting not having it in the video haha. I had it recorded but I recorded in 30 FPS on accident and I must have forgotten to do it again when I re-recorded. Oh well, I'll have it in another video eventually, probably a set of matches or something.

BigLord

Smash Lord
NNID
BiigLord
3DS FC
3024-7470-9499
Dair2Knee doesn't need frame cancelling to be a true combo, but yeah I can understand that hype :p Didn't ZeRo land one on M2K's Diddy? I think I saw a dair2knee on a stream, probably on Apex...

Gawain

Smash Lord
NNID
Gawain
3DS FC
5069-4113-9796
Dair2Knee doesn't need frame cancelling to be a true combo, but yeah I can understand that hype :p Didn't ZeRo land one on M2K's Diddy? I think I saw a dair2knee on a stream, probably on Apex...
He did indeed. But it was at a higher percent. You can dair to knee at lower percents though. Just helpful to know.

HFlash

Future Physician and Sm4sher
NNID
HFlash
@ Gawain Gawain Can you please explain how exactly to do the auto cancel knee/stomp? Having alot of trouble doing it even once

Gawain

Smash Lord
NNID
Gawain
3DS FC
5069-4113-9796
@ Gawain Gawain Can you please explain how exactly to do the auto cancel knee/stomp? Having alot of trouble doing it even once
Ive tried To explain it in the section on it in the guide I wrote but it's not easy to explain. It'd be easier to show it in person but basically what you're doing is just doing the attack super low while fastfalling. The rythm i do is sh then knee and fast fall as close to theexact same time as possible at the apex of the jump. Watch the video and just try to emulate it. It took me a long time before i was even able to do it once. Some people find it easier to do from a full hop though. Don't have to move the fingers as fast.

Nixon Corral

Southland Scion
NNID
Nixon_Corral
Okay, I'm pretty sure that's just not true. Like I don't wanna be too argumentative here, but I'm pretty sure Dair-Knee doesn't combo in 4. I've tried it in countless situations and percents in training, and I've not once gotten it to register as a true combo. And, of course, this is something I do with absolute ease in PM/Melee. I know ZeRo got one, and I saw it, but I'm reasonably certain M2K could have acted (and probably tried to and made a poor decision not to airdodge). I can't prove it, though. All I'm saying is if you have a video where the combo counter in training hits 2 on a stomp knee, I'd love to see it, because I never have.

Edit: BTW, I mean without frame cancelling. It could well be possible with that.

Last edited:

BigLord

Smash Lord
NNID
BiigLord
3DS FC
3024-7470-9499
Oh @ Nixon Corral Nixon Corral , never mind, I should have said "combo", not "true combo", i.e. a string. Dair2Knee is a very viable string but almost never a true combo. Unless frame cancelled, obviously (you move a lot faster after doing it).

Lanzoma

Smash Cadet
NNID
Lanzoma
3DS FC
3024-6365-7774
Just to be clear, auto-cancelling and frame-cancelling are two different things.

To frame-cancel you must both land AND hit in the same frame, which will cause the landing lag frames to overlap with the hitstun frames. You don't need to fast-fall or be quick with your inputs, you need to be precise. If you wish to incorporate this into your play, the best bet is to find a setup, cue, or any other way to ensure you land on the same frame that the attack comes out and get consistent with it.

I personally don't find this too important because missing sets you up for a huge punish and it's pretty hard to pull off, but I can see how having a guaranteed d-air to knee kill setup would be extremely scary for the opponent. Huge risk and huge reward kind of playstyle. It would probably best be used as a hard read vs rolls, I think...but you could also just SHFF u-air into knee which is also a true combo AFAIK and much easier to perform. Actually, why would you ever go for frame-cancelled d-air into knee over falling u-air into knee? I can't think of any reason other than style points.

Lanzoma

Smash Cadet
NNID
Lanzoma
3DS FC
3024-6365-7774
Wait, does that mean you're sponsored now? Congratulations!

Lionman

Smash Champion
Kinda... this sponsor is weak but its the only one interested in sm4sh, if i do well maybe stronger sponsors will appear

teluoborg

Smash Otter
NNID
teloutre
Guess you'll just have to... show them your moves.

YEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH

Last edited:

AirshBornely

Smash Lord
NNID
AirshBornely
3DS FC
4596-9541-7759
Hello. I'm an F-Zero/Captain Falcon fan hoping to enjoy myself here on smashboards.

Also, anyone heared of F-Zero X Climax?

Darky-Sama

Smash Lord
NNID
Darky-Sama
Hello. I'm an F-Zero/Captain Falcon fan hoping to enjoy myself here on smashboards.

Also, anyone heared of F-Zero X Climax?
That Haar avatar.

Also, you mean the mod that blended X and Climax, or did you mean the original Climax? F-Zero GX/AX was still my favorite. Nintendo needs to make a new F-Zero game.

Also, Falcon's ledge-game is superior in every game.

AirshBornely

Smash Lord
NNID
AirshBornely
3DS FC
4596-9541-7759
That Haar avatar.

Also, you mean the mod that blended X and Climax, or did you mean the original Climax? F-Zero GX/AX was still my favorite. Nintendo needs to make a new F-Zero game.

Also, Falcon's ledge-game is superior in every game.

Yeah, I was refering to the mod. It's pretty difficult, especially since I don't play like experts do. I really wanna learn how to shift boost.
Also, hoping to try out the arcade F-Zero AX tracks. Still having a hard time getting an AR that allows you to add codes, though..

Last edited:

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
Whoever is the owner of the blue machine, you left your lights on.

Hey, gentlemen and gentle-ladies who play Captain Falcon, the Falco boards has a dedicated thread to Captain Falcon's matchup, so come on over and give your input and a royal, Falco Punching. Here's a link to the thread: http://smashboards.com/threads/ssb4...ion-07-captain-falcon-bluebirds-story.390352/.

Oh, and before I leave, here's a fun fact that you all probably know: Captain Falcon's Blue Falcon's machine number was 111 in all the games until F-Zero X had it listed as 7 and F-Zero GX had it listed as 07. In binary, 111 is 7 since 100 is 4, 010 is 2, and 001 is 1, therefore, 111 is 7. I guess Captain Falcon's a really lucky guy.

Last edited:

Tristan_win

Not dead.
Killing percents for Captain Falcon fresh side B with DI on FD in VS mode at 0%

FD
Diddy kong
124%
Sheik
~Data C0rr-rupted~
Zss
114%
Rosalina
105%
yoshi
122%
Sonic
118%
Lucario
126%
pikachu
109%

Yes Diddy is that high, I double checked.

Barely useful testing %
grab hit1 2 jab1 = 2
grab hit2 3 jab1 + jab1 = 3
jab 1/2 = 4
grab hit3 5
dthrow = 6
uthrow = 7 grab hit4 7
grab hit + dthrow = 8 grab hit5 8
fthrow = 9 bthrow = 9 grab hit + uthrow = 9 grab hit6 9
two grab hit + dthrow = 10
grab hit + fthrow = 11 grab hit + bthrow = 11 grab hit7 11
grab hit8 12
grab hit9 13
grab hit10 14
No DI on FD rage testing for side B.

0% CF 118% Diddy kong
100% CF 94% Diddy Kong
so 24% extra

now if you include DI +6 to Diddy and his stupid high killing percentage.

edit: Fresh(1.05) side B kills at 118% .9 kills at 124% so if whatever reason you fail to kill with side B don't try again until you add another 6% on your opponent.
edit2: Although since side b does 9% so means decay does very little to it's kill power.

Last edited:

ZTD | TECHnology

Developing New TECHnology
Yo. So I've been finding myself using more Falcon these days. Starting to do pretty decent with him. 7th/53 and 7th/42 this weekend (two tournament weekend) I definitely could have done better but it feels good reconnecting with my favorite character in the series. Looking forward to placing in the money soon.

ZTD | TECHnology

Developing New TECHnology
Thank you!

And its so weird how this happened. I was at a tournament two weeks ago and just started getting drunk and figured I'd fool around with him because I was having major tech skills errors with Pikachu that day. Actually went pretty well. And as the weeks progressed, I found myself using him more and more. And I'm just growing with him so fast now. I got incredible combos and knees with him this weekend. Felt so right.

People say he's just a mediocre, one dimensional character that only competes because of Rage. He's so much more. You just have to be smart. And I'd like to show the world my moves and prove it. So I'm here now. Time to REALLY learn this character.

The best part of all of this: I mained Falcon in Melee from 2002 all the way to when Brawl dropped and was crushed when I saw how nerfed he got. To play Falcon now reminds Mr of much fun I had back then. So I'm super stoked!

Last edited:

TTTTTsd

Gordeau Main Paint Drinker
NNID
InverseTangent
Thank you!

And its so weird how this happened. I was at a tournament two weeks ago and just started getting drunk and figured I'd fool around with him because I was having major tech skills errors with Pikachu that day. Actually went pretty well. And as the weeks progressed, I found myself using him more and more. And I'm just growing with him so fast now. I got incredible combos and knees with him this weekend. Felt so right.

People say he's just a mediocre, one dimensional character that only competes because of Rage. He's so much more. You just have to be smart. And I'd like to show the world my moves and prove it. So I'm here now. Time to REALLY learn this character.

The best part of all of this: I mained Falcon in Melee from 2002 all the way to when Brawl dropped and was crushed when I saw how nerfed he got. To play Falcon now reminds Mr of much fun I had back then. So I'm super stoked!
They think he relies on rage? I think he's better WITHOUT it IMO, D-Throw gets weird with rage (mannn). The only thing really close to one dimensional is that Falcon's approach options against middle/short chars aren't super diverse but his advantageous state is so scary. He wrecks people hard and adversely he gets wrecked super hard if he messes up. It's really funny.

He's quite good in this game yeah, I imagine he'll always be viable to some extent just because of how good he is when he's in a favorable situation.

Darky-Sama

Smash Lord
NNID
Darky-Sama
I agree that Rage makes things awkward when someone's at a high percentage. But if you already have it when your opponent is on a fresh stock, it's easy to get low percentage strings and pressure. It's just weird doing Dthrow>Uair>Knee if you're in Rage. It's a shame the heavy hitstun doesn't kick in until about 50% for the Dthrow>Uair combos. I was hoping that Rage would make it possible at percents even lower than that.

Top Bottom