• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Falcon CHAT! The Captain Falcon Social Thread

Lionman

Smash Champion

Just sharing this. I have way more defeats in the 3DS version but i only play C.Falcon in WiiU

Always 1vs1

Last edited:

TKD

Smash Lord
I am VERY dissapointed to see you switch to Diddy especially after you had already beaten him with Falcon, and the only reason you lost the 3rd game was because you SD........ Regardless, really nice Falcon. No need to resort to that wanna be
LOL I was asking "...Who do I go? :(" when a Diddy main from Brawl started yelling at me to use Diddy. I was like, "Hahaha... Wait; that's not a bad idea".

Last edited:

Gardex

Smash Lord
NNID
Gardex
3DS FC
2707-1617-4394
Big Norwegian tournament coming up this weekend. I'll do my best and try to win it. I think I got a good grip on most matchups, but I still struggle vs Diddy. Might be a stream, and I aim to entertain when on stream

HFlash

Future Physician and Sm4sher
NNID
HFlash
LOL I was asking "...Who do I go? :(" when a Diddy main from Brawl started yelling at me to use Diddy. I was like, "Hahaha... Wait; that's not a bad idea".
I get you, I don't blame you for using him for Grand Finals, but it really does show that he is the strongest character in the game when multiple times, when people's backs are against the wall, they have to "resort to him." It's an innate advantage to use him, but of course, both people can resort to him so it IS fair.

TheGreatBrawler

Smash Apprentice
NNID
BlueMario1998
3DS FC
5198-3100-0796

Just sharing this. I have way more defeats in the 3DS version but i only play C.Falcon in WiiU

Always 1vs1
Oh wow nice records, I wonder what the 8 losses mean for those winners :p and nice amiibos as well. I finally ordered Captain Falcon amiibo online and he's planned to arrive 29th. I want Fox amiibo too, but I will not order him just yet, maybe later...

Lionman

Smash Champion
Oh wow nice records, I wonder what the 8 losses mean for those winners :p and nice amiibos as well. I finally ordered Captain Falcon amiibo online and he's planned to arrive 29th. I want Fox amiibo too, but I will not order him just yet, maybe later...
I only purchased Falcon, the other 5 were the prize for the Gamergy Online Ladder

Metalex

Smash Journeyman
NNID
mettalex
3DS FC
2509-3509-1078
Do we have a matchup thread yet? If not i think it would be good if we make one so we don't get many more threads discussing "How do i beat this and this character" and have all the matchup information organized in one place.

Last edited:

itsReaLitY

Smash Cadet
NNID
LoZ_MartineZ
Hey so im trying to learn falcon anyone on here willing to help me train my nnd is LoZ_MartineZ im usually online alot to. Thanks in advance

Kevandre

Ivy WAS Saurly missed
NNID
Kevandre
3DS FC
1736-1095-5393
Switch FC
SW-2226-3590-9812

The real reason I grabbed the Cap amiibo. :)

Last edited:

TKD

Smash Lord
I get you, I don't blame you for using him for Grand Finals, but it really does show that he is the strongest character in the game when multiple times, when people's backs are against the wall, they have to "resort to him." It's an innate advantage to use him, but of course, both people can resort to him so it IS fair.
Yeah he's Brawl Meta Knight pretty much (except a lot easier to use, I feel)

Last edited:

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
Oh hey. My thread I made that ones times is a thing.

The real reason I grabbed the Cap amiibo. :)
I need it because it's the closest thing I'll ever have to Captain Falcon in Mario Kart 8.

Last edited:

TKD

Smash Lord
Pretty much. I imagine you would have some good MU advice for C.F facing Diddy. Mind sharing?
Sorry; I only play dittos vs Diddy... I'm afraid that learning the match-up as the chars I like would be a waste of time since in my opinion only Fox and Sonic go even against him (and I play Sheik/Falcon)

Last edited:

Blazing Ambition

Smash Journeyman
Ok, so I've been playing falcon mainly on 3ds (and a little bit on wii u) and while I'm enjoying playing falcon (he leagues above the rest of the cast in terms of raw fun), I'm having a hard time styling online. Sure, getting a nice, simple up-air string into an up-b or knee looks flashy, and I've gotten my fair share of u-tilt spikes against unsuspecting players, but where do I go from here?
From what I've played/seen, the falcon flowchart seems to be:

1.Space with nairs, bairs, and tilts. -> (probably wanna throw in some empty hops and running shields)

2.Fish for a grab/dash attack. ->

3.Do some up-airs. ->

4.Maybe get a knee/up-b/down-air.->

5.Repeat until justice is served.

And while that's fine, I'm just wondering if there was facet of falcon's combo game that could be expanded upon. For example, in 64, melee and project M, hitting opponents with a well-spaced back-air would send your foes forward, allowing for a quick followup. However, reverse back-airs and knees aren't present in Smash 4, and while yes, you can read airdodges with up-air, knees, etc. and you can still do walljump aerials and wall-tech aerials, I was just wondering "What do all of you stylish falcon mains do to keep falcon's combos from becoming stale?"

HFlash

Future Physician and Sm4sher
NNID
HFlash
Sorry; I only play dittos vs Diddy... I'm afraid that learning the match-up as the chars I like would be a waste of time since in my opinion only Fox and Sonic go even against him (and I play Sheik/Falcon)
So you only play Diddy to counter another player picking Diddy? Hmmmmm

BigLord

Smash Lord
NNID
BiigLord
3DS FC
3024-7470-9499
So you only play Diddy to counter another player picking Diddy? Hmmmmm
Reminds of SOME OTHER CHARACTER I USED TO KNOW, hmmm....

I was just wondering "What do all of you stylish falcon mains do to keep falcon's combos from becoming stale?"
Simple. Do stupid/fun stuff. Go crazy.

Is the opponent off-stage? FAST FALL DAIR AND PRAY THAT YOU HIT THE POOR *******.
ONLY use Falcon Punch until you lose a stock.
Approach using raptor boost!
Actually use up-throw once in a while!

If you're one stock ahead, then you're golden (or fabulous, or bloody, or default, whichever skin you prefer).

JingleJangleJamil

Banned via Warnings
About 2 days ago I was playing against my friend in a match and they ended the match against me by jumping off stage and doing a mid air reverse falcon punch to stage spike me. When he landed it everyone who was watching, including me (the victim) exploded from all the hype that went down.

falcon PUNCH!!!

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
sw-5103-3346-4530
play me on pm sometime? my fc is 2926-5783-6322

_Magus_

Smash Lord
NNID
DeadlyTaco
3DS FC
1306-7596-5996
Hey guys! Just wanted to introduce myself here. I'm a Ganondorf main but I recently picked up Falcon as a secondary. Aside from the obvious (nair, empty hop, bair, dash grab, etc.) what can I do to improve my rushdown?

(Yes, I am aware that raptor boost kills :p)

falcon PUNCH!!!

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
sw-5103-3346-4530
F***, forgot to post this.

View attachment 34221
Awwww yeah! His name is B'lâdi (pronounced Bloody, because he's Blood Falcon) and I'm so glad I bought him as a killer doubles partner/rival.

Just Like 4 Glory

Last edited by a moderator:

NoviceSmasher

Smash Journeyman
NNID
akeane1697
3DS FC
3668-8892-8828
Hey guys, I gotta say that I'm loving the Captain in Sm4sh. A few of my thoughts:

- Dash grab is VERY good. The range is much improved from Brawl, and he slides a lot more. This is a wonderful tool for approaching and starting combo situations.
- I've been having a hard time getting camped. Falcon does great once he gets inside, but approaching someone who's camping is an early struggle. Does anyone have any advice for dealing with this?
- It's been well documented, but Raptor Boost has become a primary KOing option. I've found myself saving this move when the opponent is at KO percents. Next to Raptor Boost, Bair is my other favorite reliable knock out move.
- I've been searching for some reliable ways to land a Knee. One early observation is using down-throw (around 60-80%), and reading the opponents double jump to land a solid Knee. It's not guaranteed, but it's been my most reliable method so far. What do you guys like for landing Knees?
whats pretty fun to do is run up to people as your grabbing them and then short hop knee,,will work on good players as they are thinking about getting grabbed

falcon PUNCH!!!

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
sw-5103-3346-4530
I only play on the Wii U.

LOL

But that's Powerade xD
HEY BRUH DON BE DISSIN MY FAV DRINK BRO

My best guess is... popularity, probably. I count ourselves lucky for actually getting an F-Zero stage :\
idk why i put this

Amusingly enough, my other amiibo is a Kirby I won in a tournament. I'm so going to make a custom Falcon Helmet and give it to him.
lol cool

My best guess is... popularity, probably. I count ourselves lucky for actually getting an F-Zero stage :\

Last edited by a moderator:
Top Bottom