• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Q&A Falco, King of the Birds: Game Play Discussion

GunGunW

Smash Lord
NNID
GunGunW
I don't think Falco is a character that needs to be worried about as much since he's always been a secret character, if he doesn't get revealed before release that's probably the reason.

joomragre

Smash Cadet
Double pistols, arwing final smash, blue lasers and maybe an electric vibe to his moveset as opposed to Fox and his fire

What if for this new smash bros there would've been no info, just the promise of an awesome game. I wouldve liked getting the game and only having the original 8 characters to start off with and then every now and then getting that awesome challenger approaching silhouette intro to a random battle for all the others characters. But that's just me lol

Last edited by a moderator:

ThePsychoWolf

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3926-5863-0271
Last edited:

Rasko

Smash Apprentice
Double pistols, arwing final smash, blue lasers and maybe an electric vibe to his moveset as opposed to Fox and his fire
sky claw would be better->
The electric vibe moveset would get the "he's a clone" off of falco's back, even though I felt like falco wasn't a clone in melee.

I made a comic regarding Falco coming back in Smash 4, this is a scenario if he doesn't... Warning: It has feels.

Heavily inspired by: http://www.deviantart.com/art/Super-Smash-Bros-What-If-Goodbye-and-Good-Luck-460864766
The feels are real.

KD_

Smash Rookie
I keep thinking about Sakurai claiming on cutting down on clones. Lucina and Toon Link are clone and semi clone respectively. I have a feeling Sakurai's clone cutting may refer to a falco cut.

Last edited:

GunGunW

Smash Lord
NNID
GunGunW
I keep thinking about Sakurai claiming on cutting down on clones. Lucina and Toon Link are clone and semi clone respectively. I have a feeling Sakurai's clone cutting may refer to a falco cut.
Maybe he changed his mind or he was referring to another clone-like character like Wolf, Lucas, or Ganondorf.

Lautsuu~

Smash Journeyman

Please don't say that... :sadeyes:

KD_

Smash Rookie

Please don't say that... :sadeyes:
I love Falco too.....hopefully that Sakurai backed off of it. I wonder how he feels about Wolf....

Maybe he changed his mind or he was referring to another clone-like character like Wolf, Lucas, or Ganondorf.
It also might be move set revamps which would probably be the best case scenario.

KD_

Smash Rookie
Yeah, that's also a possibility. Though, I hope Falco doesn't get changed too terribly much.
I think the most likely changes to Falcon would be giving a more aerial game and less of a ground game. Probably removing SHDL and boosting his jump height, recovery distance, and give more knock back to his bair and upair

I'd much rather have Wolf cut then Falco, but I'd rather not have anyone cut...
There will be cuts, most likely Snake and ROB. I think that clones will have revamped movesets to coincide with the whole new customizable movesets.

Rasko

Smash Apprentice
I love Falco too.....hopefully that Sakurai backed off of it. I wonder how he feels about Wolf....
Well seeing that Sakurai made falco less of a clone in Brawl (even though I didn't see falco as a clone in melee) He will most likely return with a few tweaks to his movement with possible different animations for his Dair, Bair and possibly the same phantasm as fox. If wolf is cut I can see his specials being a custom moveset for fox or falco. I've loved falco since melee so I'd love to see him return. If they cut wolf they better bring Krystal as a newcomer.

I think the most likely changes to Falcon would be giving a more aerial game and less of a ground game. Probably removing SHDL and boosting his jump height, recovery distance, and give more knock back to his bair and upair
As listed above, I'd love to see SHDL with dual blasers along side a thunderbird instead of firebird. Sakurai makes the game HE wants so I'm not sure.

KD_

Smash Rookie
Well seeing that Sakurai made falco less of a clone in Brawl (even though I didn't see falco as a clone in melee) He will most likely return with a few tweaks to his movement with possible different animations for his Dair, Bair and possibly the same phantasm as fox. If wolf is cut I can see his specials being a custom moveset for fox or falco. I've loved falco since melee so I'd love to see him return. If they cut wolf they better bring Krystal as a newcomer.
I wonder if Sakruai might have a complete rework of Falco. Maybe something along the lines of a StarFox Assault represenative being completely based off using the arwing and various weapons. Though Assault hasnt been relevant in like 10 years......It still would be cool to see.

pokeman2223

Smash Cadet
i need this guy in his my main in every smash bros hes in we have toon link and lucina so we do get some clones and falcos a fan favorite

and wolf and kyrstel fans well srry i feel theres gonna be 2 starfox characters but who knows

Rasko

Smash Apprentice
What buffs would you guys like to see for Falco?
A more effective shine, and a Fair tweak.
his final smash he could call a stawing and fly around and atack from there
Sky claw would definitely be better.
I wonder if Sakruai might have a complete rework of Falco. Maybe something along the lines of a StarFox Assault represenative being completely based off using the arwing and various weapons. Though Assault hasnt been relevant in like 10 years......It still would be cool to see.
I believe Star Fox Assault was helped by Namco, so anything is possible.

Last edited:

mygamecube

Smash Lord
NNID
mygamecube
3DS FC
4596-9526-5701
Rejoice everyone. With the recent leak that's blowing up the internet at the moment, we now know that CSS leak was correct.'

That means my boy Falco is indeed back for another go in Smash Bros.!

I feel for Wolf and I'm disappointed Krystal isn't in either. Starfox went down a rep it seems.

...then again the roster isn't fully revealed yet apparently so we'll see.

But....FALCO DOE

Last edited:

Rasko

Smash Apprentice
Rejoice everyone. With the recent leak that's blowing up the internet at the moment, we now know that CSS leak was correct.'

That means my boy Falco is indeed back for another go in Smash Bros.!

I feel for Wolf and I'm disappointed Krystal isn't in either. Starfox went down a rep it seems.

...then again the roster isn't fully revealed yet apparently so we'll see.

But....FALCO DOE
I would of loved to see krystal in ssb4, but I'm hype MY BOY FALCO IS BACK!!!!!! (I had some doubt tbh...:c)
I've been playing Falco since I first unlocked him in melee and he is the character I can show off and be myself:grin: (sorry Sheik I'm nostalgia biased:love:) He is definitely a great addition to the roster:joyful:

Gamegenie222

Space Pheasant Dragon Tactician
NNID
Gamegenie222
3DS FC
3411-1825-3363
Oh boy a Falco thread now I'm waiting for Falco to get his own board now. But rejoice with the leaks my main in all the of the official smash games that is not 64 is back. I will be watching this thread.

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
Kinda excited thinking of the new codecs he'd have on the new Great Fox/Assault stage.

I guess his old ones from Corneria will be making a comeback, as well.

So, Fox can't laser cancel, so it's possible Falco may not be able to either.

Buuuut....

He may have Fox's ability to illusion and not go into free fall. And Falco's illusion has a spike so...

Improved off stage game with illusion spike chasing maybe?

Top Bottom