• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Q&A Falco, King of the Birds: Game Play Discussion

GalacticPetey

Smash Journeyman
NNID
GalacticPetey
So we just got a Star Fox stage. Probably doesn't mean anything but maybe Sakurai is starting to acknowledge Star Fox a little more.

fill

20EggsEggs
So we just got a Star Fox stage. Probably doesn't mean anything but maybe Sakurai is starting to acknowledge Star Fox a little more.
i feel like hes favoring certain series such as the zelda, FE and pokemon series, but other ones like SF, DK and Earthbound are under represented with content. but maybe its a good thing, we might get new stuff

Last edited:

shastca

Smash Rookie
Yes, Sakurai showing us something related to Star Fox is always a good sign, even if it's just a stage screenshot. I still doubt Sakurai would take out Falco, or the other characters that were newcomers to melee and returned in brawl. The other 3 being Ganon, IC's, and G&W. I'll be damned if we don't see Falco in Smash 4.

Last edited:

GunGunW

Smash Lord
NNID
GunGunW
- A new Star Fox stage revealed.

- Challenger Approaching banner taken down

Falco, you might just be getting your ticket back in.

If I remember correctly, wasn't Ike revealed shortly after the Coliseum stage on Wii U?

.Shìkì

Smash Ace
Well from the looks of it its either Lyat Cruise or Corneria returning...

Last edited:

GunGunW

Smash Lord
NNID
GunGunW
Well from the looks of it its either Lyat Cruise or Corneria returning...
Lylat Cruise didn't fight on the Great Fox and Corneria is on the planet Corneria. It's more like Sector Z than anything, but it's based on Star Fox: Assault so I think it's technically its own stage.

HVDooD

Smash Cadet
A revamped Falco from Assault with the home launcher and/or assault rifle would make me happy.

Rhus

We're going top speed!
Lylat Cruise didn't fight on the Great Fox and Corneria is on the planet Corneria. It's more like Sector Z than anything, but it's based on Star Fox: Assault so I think it's technically its own stage.
Not to mention it looks like Fichina in the background. Definitely its own stage.

Anyway, I am here for you guys. Really hoping Lombardi and/or O'Donnel are revealed soon. We really need to use the boost to get through to their announcement. We'll just have to trust our instincts that Sakurai will show them soon.

GunGunW

Smash Lord
NNID
GunGunW
Not to mention it looks like Fichina in the background. Definitely its own stage.

Anyway, I am here for you guys. Really hoping Lombardi and/or O'Donnel are revealed soon. We really need to use the boost to get through to their announcement. We'll just have to trust our instincts that Sakurai will show them soon.
Thanks for the support, my man!

I've said this on another thread but this is the perfect place to say this: I'm hoping for Fox, Falco, Krystal, and Wolf. But I'd be happy with just Fox and Falco.

Rhus

We're going top speed!
@ GunGunW GunGunW Yeah, I wouldn't mind another Star Fox newcomer, but I would like Krystal to have her Assault design.

I'm kind of in a better situation though, my favourite is Fox so I don't have to worry. But I love the series so much that I end up playing all of them and would hate to see any of them cut.

GunGunW

Smash Lord
NNID
GunGunW
@ GunGunW GunGunW Yeah, I wouldn't mind another Star Fox newcomer, but I would like Krystal to have her Assault design.

I'm kind of in a better situation though, my favourite is Fox so I don't have to worry. But I love the series so much that I end up playing all of them and would hate to see any of them cut.
Actually, Fox is my favorite character from the series as well, Falco is just a very close second to me... and Krystal isn't far behind him :p

mygamecube

Smash Lord
NNID
mygamecube
3DS FC
4596-9526-5701
Finally some Starfox representation.

Now, why would he reveal a new stage this late? Perhaps the next Newcomer trailer is of Starfox which debut this stage in motion, and if so, I fully expect to see Falco, Wolf AND Krystal in the trailer as well.

At least I hope lol

Rhus

We're going top speed!
Oh god. Do you have any idea how much I would freak out about Fox, Falco, Wolf and Krystal in a cinematic together?

There would be too much fangirling.

Lautsuu~

Smash Journeyman
Wait a moment. A similar thing happened with Fire Emblem.

Marth was revealed randomly in November. Arena Ferox stage revealed. Tiki trophy in Smash Direct. Ike revealed randomly. New Fire Emblem stage. Fire Emblem reveal trailer, Lucina and Robin confirmed.

New Star Fox stage, next reveal trailer has a high chance of being Star Fox centric.

.Shìkì

Smash Ace
Wait a moment. A similar thing happened with Fire Emblem.

Marth was revealed randomly in November. Arena Ferox stage revealed. Tiki trophy in Smash Direct. Ike revealed randomly. New Fire Emblem stage. Fire Emblem reveal trailer, Lucina and Robin confirmed.

New Star Fox stage, next reveal trailer has a high chance of being Star Fox centric.
If they really add Krystal, then yes. Although i think in that case they'll boot either Falco or Wolf. Or, maybe 4 characters / franchise is the new thing... But I expect a veteran starfox-character reveal in a trailer adressing a different franchise. Revealing Wolf or Fox in a trailer for a Xenoblade-character would propably make the most sense...

fill

20EggsEggs
If they bump SF to 4 characters, all other franchises are going to go nuts, DK will expect dixie, krool. kirby will expect MK and bandana dee. which to me doesnt sound bad.

Last edited:

fill

20EggsEggs
Ok, so ive been thinking about the custom movesets for fox/falco. not sure how its going to happen, hopefully sakurai will explain it using marth/lucina and we can use that info to apply it to fox/falco. but i can really only think of one custom moveset for them to share, which i think would work fine because all the little differences on the non-special attacks.

Shine: standard fox shine (horizontal knockback)
melee falco shine (vertical knockback)
brawl falco shine

Firefox: stronger / less distance
weaker / greater distance
average of two

Lazer: fox style
falco style
???

WECsoul

Smash Cadet
NNID
WECsoul
3DS FC
0259-1277-6150
Comic-Con = Falco time :awesome:

Last edited:

.Shìkì

Smash Ace
Comic-Con = Falco time :awesome:
I pray with you people, nobody deserves his main to get taken away! Also i already got 2 awesome characters to play as and my melee main's return is relatively likely so...

Last edited:

GunGunW

Smash Lord
NNID
GunGunW
I don't think Krystal getting included would have anything to do with Falco or Wolf being cut... Falco and Wolf are probably not that hard to port over from Brawl.

.Shìkì

Smash Ace
I don't think Krystal getting included would have anything to do with Falco or Wolf being cut... Falco and Wolf are probably not that hard to port over from Brawl.
I was more hinting at Sakurais bias for certain series, and Star Fox ain't one of them. Thats why I'm not sure we'll get 4 representatives... BUT on the other hand a new Star Fox game was announced, so we might be.

GunGunW

Smash Lord
NNID
GunGunW
I was more hinting at Sakurais bias for certain series, and Star Fox ain't one of them. Thats why I'm not sure we'll get 4 representatives... BUT on the other hand a new Star Fox game was announced, so we might be.
Actually, according to an interview, Sakurai was considering making a Star Fox game instead of a Kid Icarus one...
http://techland.time.com/2010/06/28...kes-kid-icarus-fly-again-on-the-nintendo-3ds/

If that's the case... then he's obviously a Star Fox fan...

Malkior7

Majestic Space Pirate
NNID
Sagittarius
3DS FC
4167-5777-1464
Just a little take on design and moveset for Falco for this game (for the record not all of this is original)

Firstly his design I think should be his Starfox Asault appearance I always thought he looked cool in Assault

Moveset:

what would be the same? (not including his FS)

most of his A button attacks would remain the same his infinite spinning attack would obviously be changed to have a finisher like all others. I would also keeps his Down B reflector shield projectile attack the same.

What would change?

His Up B Fire Bird: How far it goes would probably be the same but I would change it to a lightning version it wouldn't have much knock back and it's damage would also be low the way the attack would be is similar to how lucas' PK thunder would hit and do a bunch of micro hits instead of a large blow like Ness.

His blaster pistol: I think it should be replaced with the homing launcher it would work the way it sounds he pulls it out and fire a homing shot (it will target the closest fighter) it wouldn't be too fast bit slower than samus' missiles.

Falco Phantasm: This is so far the only one I can't figure out a good replacement for. any suggestions welcome.

His Final Smash:

I have 3 ideas for this 1st simply replace landmaster with an Arwing. the 2nd is replacing the landmaster with the Sky Claw (this would give him uniqueness) the 3rd is he would jump into an Arwing or the Sky Claw and (much like Zero Suits Samus' new final smash) you would control a target meter and fire laser shots or bomb shots at the at the stage there would be infinite laser shots but you would only have maybe 3 or 4 bombs. (I personally like the 3rd option)

Ryu Myuutsu

Smash Champion
NNID
BahamurShin
3DS FC
3668-9945-1996
Ok, so ive been thinking about the custom movesets for fox/falco. not sure how its going to happen, hopefully sakurai will explain it using marth/lucina and we can use that info to apply it to fox/falco. but i can really only think of one custom moveset for them to share, which i think would work fine because all the little differences on the non-special attacks.

Shine: standard fox shine (horizontal knockback)
melee falco shine (vertical knockback)
brawl falco shine

Firefox: stronger / less distance
weaker / greater distance
average of two

Lazer: fox style
falco style
???
Those ideas seem very limited to me. Why limit the potential of custom movesets by just swapping specials with their clones? More importantly, why people think that this is how is going to work for these characters?
Just look at Mario: His custom side B variants are creating a whirlwind or launching a shockwave. One of Fox's Neutral B seems to be a chargeable, probably stronger version of his Blaster.
They can give Falco stuff like firing three parallel lasers at once or launching a tracking laser energy ball.

Last edited:

Spinosaurus

Treasure Hunter
NNID
WarioLand
For all we know JC could have said "just like Wolf/Falco, who aren't in anymore". It was wise for him to stop. It could go either way.

Not a leak by any means.

Last edited:

Spinosaurus

Treasure Hunter
NNID
WarioLand
It's not a leak, but it's enough to give us hope :p
I mean, he's probably in anyway. Sakurai pretty much said that if a similar character had different properties then they'll get their own slot when he talked about Lucina. He's safe lol

mygamecube

Smash Lord
NNID
mygamecube
3DS FC
4596-9526-5701
I wouldn't put much stock in this "leak" pertaining to Falco. It could just be a customizable move for Fox. (which sounds extremely OP IMO)

July is almost over. I'm willing to bet we'll know the whole roster by the end of the month or the start of September. I'll be looking out for Krystal and Falco.

Top Bottom