• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Fact 54 - Mewtwo Is On The Way [Social/General Discussion]

Status
Not open for further replies.

MewtwoMaster2002

ミュウツーマスター2002
3DS FC
2922-0496-2962
So I heard about Mewtwo being a 'DLC Experiment'. By the way, I've got a bit of a conundrum, and I'm not sure I'd be able to get Mewtwo as a free DLC for both games: I misplaced my Club Nintendo card to register Smash 3DS, but I intend to get register the Wii U version when it comes out in a week's time (For Australia) - does this mean that I'd get Mewtwo for free in the Wii U version but have to pay for him in the 3DS version?
Australia still uses the cards? We get them on the back of the box-art now...

D

Deleted member

Quick question; are we only needing to register the Smash titles, or do we have to have both systems registered too?
(As in, would I still be able to get the code if I purchase and register Smash Wii U before I get a Wii U itself?)

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Quick question; are we only needing to register the Smash titles, or do we have to have both systems registered too?
(As in, would I still be able to get the code if I purchase and register Smash Wii U before I get a Wii U itself?)
Just the games, system not required. :colorful:

Igzex

I wish I looked this good with lipstick
The sacred disk is finally acquired. I must arrange my 3DS, my copy of Super Smash Bros for 3DS, my Wii U, a Gamecube Controller, and the sacred disk called Super Smash Bros for Wii U at the edges of an inverted pentagram I drew on the floor with magic marker. With that preparation complete I will await the final sacrament that will take place in the spring. Then at last, Mewtwo's resurrection will be complete.

And nothing will ever be the same again.

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
Dropping by to say that the very first trophy I got in Sm4sh U was Mewtwo.

I think the game's telling me something about my near future.

U-Throw

Smash Lord
NNID
GKB21101
The jealousy coursing through me cannot be described.
Nah, I'm just kidding, but seriously though, I won't be able to get my hands on SSBWiiU or SSB3DS until around the end of the year. Which sucks-big time. It was saddening enough to sit through conversations about the 3DS version, and now I presume I'll have to put up with that and Wii U version conversations.
Well, not really. I knew the predicament was coming long before either version was released, so I'm not upset about it all. It really just makes getting the game more worth it. Besides, I prepared adequately. *Goes back to playing Mario Kart 8 DLC*

Igzex

The netcode seems to be great so far. I was able to grief my friends by switching items on high when I became host and picked the great cave offensive. No significant hiccups! Mewtwo parties might actually be possible.

Last edited:

c-1

Smash Cadet
So, just to be clear, America can get both the CD offer and the Mewtwo Offer? And Europa Has to choose which one they want? I'm Confused...

Nonno Umby

Smash Lord
NNID
Nonno_Umby
Switch FC
SW 5218 5477 4500
So, just to be clear, America can get both the CD offer and the Mewtwo Offer? And Europa Has to choose which one they want? I'm Confused...
Europe can have both CDs AND Mewtwo. In Europe you have to register both games before January 27 for have everything. If you register both games after that date, but before March 31 you will get just Mewtwo.
IDK if in America is the same.

Last edited:

LoveGame

Master of the Disco Stick
NNID
HanabiKawai
3DS FC
5129-1774-2334
I don't know about that. Last I heard, Europa's population had basically flatlined.
That reminds me of this Reddit post where someone asked "how can dead people sense bass in music?", he meant "deaf" and someone replied, "Aaarghhh, braaaains!"

U-Throw

Smash Lord
NNID
GKB21101
That reminds me of this Reddit post where someone asked "how can dead people sense bass in music?", he meant "deaf" and someone replied, "Aaarghhh, braaaains!"
Oh! That guy? We're brothers in arms! It's a special organization dedicated to eradicating all evil on the internet.
Feel free to join our ranks!

LoveGame

NNID
HanabiKawai
3DS FC
5129-1774-2334
Oh! That guy? We're brothers in arms! It's a special organization dedicated to eradicating all evil on the internet.
Feel free to join our ranks!
Even the dead deserve to sense great music.

LoveGame

NNID
HanabiKawai
3DS FC
5129-1774-2334
Well, of course. Everyone needs to be happy, and doesn't this dead guy look happy? He's dancing all over the place!
Besides, they have music written specifically about them and their kind!
As Jackson demonstrated here, the festivity of music can be enough to even raise the dead so that they can once again enjoy it to its fullest extent, even if the man happens to be a werewolf in reality.

Deathlightning21

Smash Lord
NNID
Deathlightning21
3DS FC
1779-0225-2026
Speaking of dead things and Mewtwo

What ghost type moves, besides shadow ball, do you think he'll have?

Igzex

Now with more range hopefully.

In the source games, shadow ball is the only ghost move it can legitimately learn.

D

Deleted member

Alright, friends. So, I picked up a Wii U and Smash Bros yesterday. I'm gonna be posting my code in a few minutes so we can metaphorically touch butts.
(Sorry 4 Off-Topic)
My Wii U Smash doesn't come until monday.
Also, I am a competitive (tourney) player seeking to get good at Smash 4 and if there are any players on here that can help me train my offensive Mario and Olimar on monday, please help me out.

LoveGame

NNID
HanabiKawai
3DS FC
5129-1774-2334
(Sorry 4 Off-Topic)
My Wii U Smash doesn't come until monday.
Also, I am a competitive (tourney) player seeking to get good at Smash 4 and if there are any players on here that can help me train my offensive Mario and Olimar on monday, please help me out.
I only have Smash 3DS, but I'll play you; add my FC.

The Goldenbrawler

Smash Ace
NNID
Frost3
3DS FC
3840-6562-5991
Heya, Gold back again. Got my game registered, my soundtrack redeemed, and am now queued up for a mewtwo code. After playing the Wii U version, I have to say, it feels surreal to have the game after the years of anticipation and hype.

Last edited:

The Goldenbrawler

Smash Ace
NNID
Frost3
3DS FC
3840-6562-5991
Ok, I decided on these 6 characters for mains: Mewtwo, Meta Knight, Sonic, Lucario, Greninja, and Lucina. Part of me feels 6 is too many though (Don't know for sure), but if it is, I'll lower it to 5, but slot #5 will be between Lucario and Greninja, whom I both like. Also adding my FC to my profile (if I can add the wii u one), but I really do want to figure this little epidemic out.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Ok, I decided on these 6 characters for mains: Mewtwo, Meta Knight, Sonic, Lucario, Greninja, and Lucina. Part of me feels 6 is too many though (Don't know for sure), but if it is, I'll lower it to 5, but slot #5 will be between Lucario and Greninja, whom I both like. Also adding my FC to my profile (if I can add the wii u one), but I really do want to figure this little epidemic out.
(Sorry in advance if this is too long, i can cut it down if you want)
That's pretty cool, however, there is no real limit on how many mains you should have. People set recommended caps for the amount of mains one should have so that you don't get bad with your "top" mains. However in the end it's about what you want and what you can take, like for example, in every smash game i mained most of the characters in the roster, the only thing that stopped me from maining everyone (thus making me mainless) was that there were some characters (64 Pikachu, Melee ICs, Brawl Diddy Kong, PM Samus, Smash 4 Luigi, and many more divided amongst the games) that i didn't like.

However, i can understand your perspective, because in a bunch of other video games i have trouble finding 1 main.
I play offensively, so i would personally say to scrap Greninja from your main list, because Greninja may be fast, somewhat strong, having great momentum, a great up-smash and a good n-b, but Lucario just seems to better fit the bill, because Lucario is a medium-fast character, that can rack up combos at low %, and KO and high %, and considering the fact that the blastzones in this game are very huge and merciful, this means that you will probably be at a minimum of 130% before you die, and when combined with the small but powerful knockback buffs from the Rage Effect, Lucario becomes very powerful and effective, allowing you to quickly destroy foes due to your damage buffs, while not being able to die as easily yourself due to the huge blastzones.

But you could also counter that Greninja doesn't need to get hurt and take the risk to be completely effective, not to mention that Greninja has better spacing and mindgame capacity that Lucario imo.

It all depends on what you want in the end

1. Greninja - a character who is always effective and good, with good momentum, damage, attacking speed, jab combos, spacing, and mindgames

Or

2. Lucario - a character who is okay at first, with good combos, average speed/momentum, a good counter, a nice recovery, good grabs, and a good projectile

Who then becomes a character with good damage, knockback, average speed, an amazing but nearly uncontrollable recovery with a hitbox, good finishers, overall devastating attacks, great grabs, and an amazing projectile with both good size and damage, though at the cost of being easily killed yourself.

I plan on making Mewtwo my top main in Smash 4 though, and i would like to battle your Lucario when Mewtwo comes out and we can switch, so one match, it would be My Mewtwo VS Your Lucario, then the next one My Lucario Vs Your Mewtwo.

I hope i helped!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom