• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Fact 54 - Mewtwo Is On The Way [Social/General Discussion]

Status
Not open for further replies.

LoveGame

Master of the Disco Stick
NNID
HanabiKawai
3DS FC
5129-1774-2334
Side note, I'm so envious of all of you who got to enjoy Smash Wii U day one. I can't get my hands on it til March, coincidentally enough. Between this and ORAS, it's the worst time to be 22 and jobless. At least I won't miss out on my free Mewtwo...

Deathlightning21

Smash Lord
NNID
Deathlightning21
3DS FC
1779-0225-2026
Side note, I'm so envious of all of you who got to enjoy Smash Wii U day one. I can't get my hands on it til March, coincidentally enough. Between this and ORAS, it's the worst time to be 22 and jobless. At least I won't miss out on my free Mewtwo...
This is why we should keep talk about having Mewtwo early, and also the game early, to a low to keep others from going cray cray

LoveGame

NNID
HanabiKawai
3DS FC
5129-1774-2334
I honestly thought I'd be less alone in my situation but it turns out I'm more or less the only dude here lacking a Wii U lol

Igzex

I wish I looked this good with lipstick
I may be playing Super Smash Bros for Wii U before you are but do you think I feel my life is any more complete than yours is without playing it as Mewtwo currently?

woopyfrood

Smash Lord
I honestly thought I'd be less alone in my situation but it turns out I'm more or less the only dude here lacking a Wii U lol
Nah, I just had to renew my passport on short notice so I'm holding off on getting a Wii U as well.

Metros

Smash Ace
NNID
metros2soul
My NNID is Just SaucyDancer. Can't wait to play :D

Hopefully there isnt too much lag. Ive played friends from Murica on the 3DS version and most of the matches went smoothly.

Also I got Pokemon The First Movie on DVD. I now have both (proper) Mewtwo movies on DVD. Marathon hype!
I just got the first movie on DVD recently myself! Waiting for it to arrive :)

Metros

Smash Ace
NNID
metros2soul
It was so hard for me to find one that would be the right region for Australian DVD players ):
I had that trouble as well. It's been years since I've actually seen an Australian version of the movie pop up. It was expensive, but it didn't really bother me considering I've tried to find it for years.

LoveGame

NNID
HanabiKawai
3DS FC
5129-1774-2334
Odd how expensive stuff like that can be. I'm so glad I still have my copies of SSB64 and Melee that I got on their launch dates. People will try to sell those for insane prices these days.

JesseMcCloud

AKA Zessei, Herald of Fate
NNID
JesseMcCloud
3DS FC
3652-0660-4917
I know that feel bro.png

U-Throw

Smash Lord
NNID
GKB21101
*eh-hem* Torrent implies that Greninja would get powered up by taking more damage, which he does not. This means that this particular Greninja has the Protean ability
HOWEVER! This Greninja clearly does not change types when using a move of different type, such as Shadow Sneak. When Greninja uses Shadow Sneak, he still takes damage from Normal-type moves, such as Pound, despite the fact that he should technically be a Ghost-type now. Granted, Greninja does not exhibit traits of Torrent either. But, because Smash does not use a typical Health Bar, the absence of Torrent's powering-up affect can be attributed to this. However, one could argue that that fact this irrelevant, which it may be. However, this does not mean that his ability is Protean, as he does not exhibit this ability's traits. But, abilities' affects from Pokémon games have never been carried over into Smash games, probably to prevent balance issues. Therefore, the ability of the Pokémon is often left up to player's imagination. Taking this fact into consideration, and the fact that Greninja does not exhibit traits from either of his possible abilities, he has no official ability in Smash, and therefore everyone is both right and wrong when stating Greninja's ability.

My NNID is Just SaucyDancer. Can't wait to play :D

Hopefully there isnt too much lag. Ive played friends from Murica on the 3DS version and most of the matches went smoothly.

Also I got Pokemon The First Movie on DVD. I now have both (proper) Mewtwo movies on DVD. Marathon hype!
Really? I mean really? Do us 'Murikans some justice. Say it more like this: *Takes deep breath...*

I'm 'Murikan and I'm proud.

LoveGame

NNID
HanabiKawai
3DS FC
5129-1774-2334
HOWEVER! This Greninja clearly does not change types when using a move of different type, such as Shadow Sneak. When Greninja uses Shadow Sneak, he still takes damage from Normal-type moves, such as Pound, despite the fact that he should technically be a Ghost-type now. Granted, Greninja does not exhibit traits of Torrent either. But, because Smash does not use a typical Health Bar, the absence of Torrent's powering-up affect can be attributed to this. However, one could argue that that fact this irrelevant, which it may be. However, this does not mean that his ability is Protean, as he does not exhibit this ability's traits. But, abilities' affects from Pokémon games have never been carried over into Smash games, probably to prevent balance issues. Therefore, the ability of the Pokémon is often left up to player's imagination. Taking this fact into consideration, and the fact that Greninja does not exhibit traits from either of his possible abilities, he has no official ability in Smash, and therefore everyone is both right and wrong when stating Greninja's ability.

Really? I mean really? Do us 'Murikans some justice. Say it more like this: *Takes deep breath...*

I'm 'Murikan and I'm proud.
Together we will assimilate SaucyDancer into 'Murika.

Ready the full team of 6 Braviary.

U-Throw

Smash Lord
NNID
GKB21101
Together we will assimilate SaucyDancer into 'Murika.

Ready the full team of 6 Braviary.
I've already got them assembled. Of course, in order to represent our nationality, I made a few small adjustments in their physical appearance when taking their biovirtual live-code skeleton VNA and converting into DNA. See for yourself.

Last edited:

LoveGame

NNID
HanabiKawai
3DS FC
5129-1774-2334
I've already got them assembled. Of course, in order to represent our nationality, I made a few small adjustments in their physical appearance when taking their biovirtual live-code skeleton VNA and converting into DNA. See for yourself.
Excellent, are they all of a Brave nature and equipped with Brave Bird?

U-Throw

Smash Lord
NNID
GKB21101
Excellent, are they all of a Brave nature and equipped with Brave Bird?
Of course. They are only of the Bravest nature and have only the strongest Brave Bird. Naturally, they are all level 1776, the number of freedom and 'Murika. Here's one of our brave Braviary in action.

LoveGame

NNID
HanabiKawai
3DS FC
5129-1774-2334
Of course. They are only of the Bravest nature and have only the strongest Brave Bird. Naturally, they are all level 1776, the number of freedom and 'Murika. Here's one of our brave Braviary in action.
A one-hit KO, and he didn't even take recoil damage! Impressive! Someone give this bird some of those delicious freedom fries pictured above.

U-Throw

Smash Lord
NNID
GKB21101
A one-hit KO, and he didn't even take recoil damage! Impressive! Someone give this bird some of those delicious freedom fries pictured above.
Of course! Heap them on! But why stop there? That Braviary deserves a full meal! Give him some of these too!
Part of your balanced 'Murikan breakfast.

JesseMcCloud

NNID
JesseMcCloud
3DS FC
3652-0660-4917
Of course! Heap them on! But why stop there? That Braviary deserves a full meal! Give him some of these too!
Part of your balanced 'Murikan breakfast.
The Captain has reported in for duty!
capt-murica.jpg

D

Deleted member

no such thing as off-topic
I know that much! But to contribute... I'm an american and i am not fat, i am about at an average weight and am not that buff, though, by working out enough, i may get there..

Last edited by a moderator:

SaucyDancer

Smash Ace
NNID
SaucyDancer
3DS FC
0576-4794-0041
I wish there was more news as well. We haven't heard anything yet over here in Australia in regards to downloading Mewtwo.
If we register both games on club Nintendo we will be able to download him like everybody else but yeah I agree, we need more news or even a picture of Mewtwo.

Igzex

I wish I looked this good with lipstick
It's likely to be too early in development to show anything in game.

JesseMcCloud

NNID
JesseMcCloud
3DS FC
3652-0660-4917
Oh...someone actually got it :seuss:
So, if the cast of Smash were to audition for the roles of the Team Fortress 2 characters... let's see here... DK would be Heavy, Wario would be Demoman Pyro, Falco would easily be Scout ("Kind of a big deal"), and I've got nothing for Soldier, Spy (Greninja?), Engineer (Olimar?), Medic, or Sniper.

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
So, if the cast of Smash were to audition for the roles of the Team Fortress 2 characters... let's see here... DK would be Heavy, Wario would be Demoman Pyro, Falco would easily be Scout ("Kind of a big deal"), and I've got nothing for Soldier, Spy (Greninja?), Engineer (Olimar?), Medic, or Sniper.
Scout: Falco
Soldier: Wolf
Pyro: Wario
Demoman: Snake
Heavy: Dedede/DK/
Engineer: Olimar
Medic: Dr Mario
Sniper: Shulk
Spy: Greninja

is what I'd do.

LoveGame

NNID
HanabiKawai
3DS FC
5129-1774-2334

JesseMcCloud

NNID
JesseMcCloud
3DS FC
3652-0660-4917
I'll meet your Smash 64 and raise you Melee.
Scout: Falco
Soldier: Wolf
Pyro: Wario
Demoman: Snake
Heavy: Dedede/DK/
Engineer: Olimar
Medic: Dr Mario
Sniper: Shulk
Spy: Greninja

is what I'd do.
How did I miss Dr. Mario...that's so obvious >_< I'd probably have DHD as Soldier though. And Maybe Dark Pit as Sniper, considering his Final Smash.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom