• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Fact 54 - Mewtwo Is On The Way [Social/General Discussion]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spirst

How did you do it?i checked my cover I have both phyiscal copies.but how can you get mewtwo? I have a Nintendo club account but how can you get mewtwo:(I checked the my cover it's only the PIN number not the code for mewtwo:(
On Club Nintendo, when you sign in with your account, there should be a big text field saying "PIN #". Register the numbers on the inside cover in there and press "Go" after each one.

Mewtwo himself isn't released yet. You're just registering beforehand so you'll get the code when he's ready in Spring 2015.

Last edited:

Deathlightning21

Smash Lord
NNID
Deathlightning21
3DS FC
1779-0225-2026
How did you do it?i checked my cover I have both phyiscal copies.but how can you get mewtwo? I have a Nintendo club account but how can you get mewtwo:(I checked the my cover it's only the PIN number not the code for mewtwo:(
You have to go to your account and enter both codes on both of the games. Once you've registered both games onto your Club Nintendo account you'll get both the code for mewtwo and the CDs

U-Throw

Smash Lord
NNID
GKB21101
Looks like something fitting for Mewtwo:

Only other things I can think of:

-Master Ball.
Rather lazy, but considering that Legendaries are associated in Smash with the Master Ball now...

-Mewtwo is already on the battleground in a resting position. It senses opponents are present and prepares itself for battle.
Ties into Mewtwo being known for remaining idle to conserve energy until it is challenged. Also is based from its X/Y appearance in the Unknown Dungeon.

-A blue beam of light hits the ground from above, and Mewtwo slowly floats down from it.
Based on the First Movie when Mewtwo appeared in front of the challengers that made it to New Island. A little too similar to Pit's and Dark Pit's entrance, though.

-Teleport.
Also lazy, but is entirely something that Sakurai would do.

EDIT:
Another one:
-A swirling purple field of energy appears, expands, and Mewtwo appears from it.
Based on how Mewtwo appears in Pokémon Ranger Guardian Signs:
*SPOILER WARNING*
At 1:50 (lol how fitting)
Sorry for the late reply and stuff.
I actually would be totally cool with the Legendary Portal. I imagine his intro as: the Lengendary Portal would appear in the background and Mewtwo would float out of it with his arms crossed, then he would land and prepare for battle. Very cool if you ask me, and, like someone said before me, it totally fits the whole "Villains enter out of portals" thing. I'd love to have Mewtwo be a part of that, plus the idea is awesome in and of itself. So, yeah, I really like this idea. I'm not too hot on the Guardian Rangers Portal, though. Something about it just rubs me the wrong way.
Super Hyped for the return of my second favorite Melee character :O
Second favorite? Did you say second favorite?...

2big, didn't add.
I'm confused. I thought we were talking about you putting Master Fortress in your picture, not Sakurai putting Ridley in SSB4...

Last edited:

OmegaSorin

The Lucky Hero
NNID
Semjax
Sorry for the late reply and stuff.
I actually would be totally cool with the Legendary Portal. I imagine his intro as: the Lengendary Portal would appear in the background and Mewtwo would float out of it with his arms crossed, then he would land and prepare for battle. Very cool if you ask me, and, like someone said before me, it totally fits the whole "Villains enter out of portals" thing. I'd love to have Mewtwo be a part of that, plus the idea is awesome in and of itself. So, yeah, I really like this idea. I'm not too hot on the Guardian Rangers Portal, though. Something about it just rubs me the wrong way.

Second favorite? Did you say second favorite?...

I'm confused. I thought we were talking about you putting Master Fortress in your picture, not Sakurai putting Ridley in SSB4...
Sorry, Roy's still my boy D:

IsaiahC1999

Smash Rookie
NNID
Kingdomhearts156
Yeah sorry about that guys just got mewtwo and cd offer.so question since there is the miiverse stags how can you get it?and will there be more dlc?

Deathlightning21

Smash Lord
NNID
Deathlightning21
3DS FC
1779-0225-2026
Yeah sorry about that guys just got mewtwo and cd offer.so question since there is the miiverse stags how can you get it?and will there be more dlc?
I think that they are going to release the Mii Verse stage in an update. Also Sakuri said that no other DLC was being worked on at the moment so we can expect more DLC later on

U-Throw

Smash Lord
NNID
GKB21101
Miiverse Stage-It's not currently available. It'll be added at some unspecified time after SSBWiiU launches in all regions.
More DLC-There's no way to know for sure. I think Sakurai said it would depend on the Mewtwo DLC's success.
Sorry, Roy's still my boy D:
How can Roy still be your boy? He was just added as a playable character in SSB4.:seuss:
Meteros yours is also spring,
I wouldn't be so sure. 'Murika's up North and Australia is down South.

Last edited:

Spirst

Miiverse Stage-It's not currently available. It'll be added at some unspecified time after SSBWiiU launches in all regions.
More DLC-There's no way to know for sure. I think Sakurai said it would depend on the Mewtwo DLC's success.

How can Roy still be your boy? He was just added as a playable character in SSB4.:seuss:
If DLC is dependent upon Mewtwo's DLC success, we're going to see more DLC. Spring 2015 is going to be big, I'm sure.

Last edited:

U-Throw

Smash Lord
NNID
GKB21101
If DLC is dependent upon Mewtwo's DLC success, we're going to see more DLC. Spring 2015 is going to be big, I'm sure.
Oh, definitely. I have no doubt that Mewtwo's DLC is going to be huge. I think I'll even go as far to say that it'll be Ridley-Sized!

MewtwoMaster2002

ミュウツーマスター2002
3DS FC
2922-0496-2962
Wondering if I won't be able to get the Smash Bros Bundle until January. If that happens, I might have to use my friend's Club Nintendo code if I want the CD as well...Reason for January is I will be in China from the 12th until then. Hopefully I get lucky and find a bundle somewhere before then...

OmegaSorin

The Lucky Hero
NNID
Semjax

Nooo!

Dis here Roy:

LoveGame

Master of the Disco Stick
NNID
HanabiKawai
3DS FC
5129-1774-2334
Out of curiosity, which Mewtwo alt colors did you guys commonly use in Melee and/or PM?

I always chose shiny/green, but I picked red a few times in Melee.

Strider_Bond00J

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-2525-8699-9095
So was this version of Roy actually in any of the games, or is was it just the new Kakusei version? Seems like a waste if it is (the latter.)
That version of Roy is based on his DLC artwork for Fire Emblem Awakening. I think that if Roy was to return, either it will be his new default costume or an alternate costume.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
Out of curiosity, which Mewtwo alt colors did you guys commonly use in Melee and/or PM?

Always default. The only palette swap I have ever used in the entirety of Smash is Famicom R.O.B. in SSB4

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Only in Brawl and the Japanese version of SSB4. NES R.O.B. was made default for the localised versions of SSB4
Ah, OK, I apologize, I was going by his official art on the website, my mistake.

U-Throw

Smash Lord
NNID
GKB21101

I honestly never had a favorite/main palette swap that I used constantly for Mewtwo, in either Melee or PM. I kinda just used whichever one I felt like using. However, gun to the head, I guess it'd be Shiny Mewtwo for both Melee and PM. Green is just such a soothing color.
Always default. The only palette swap I have ever used in the entirety of Smash is Famicom R.O.B. in SSB4
As a follow-up question, do you guys prefer NES ROB or Famicom ROB? I personally prefer NES ROB, if only because I feel like it makes him look more robotic. I don't know if I just think the red on Famicom ROB looks bad or what, but I definently prefer NES ROB.

Last edited:

LoveGame

Master of the Disco Stick
NNID
HanabiKawai
3DS FC
5129-1774-2334
Interesting. See, I always have to pick an alt for some reason, and I usually just stick to one. The only characters I ever keep the default color for are Luigi, Young Link, and Sonic. I guess it's just for the sake of originality. Though it does change sometimes. I typically stick with the pink Robin shown in my sig, but lately I've been picking the red one since Anna is my favorite FE character.

MewtwoMaster2002

ミュウツーマスター2002
3DS FC
2922-0496-2962
I usually go by default, especially when I'm trying to set a high score in a mode. For fun, I'll have one or two colors per character I enjoy using on the side. Lucina probably has the most colors I enjoy using, so it's hard for me to really pick one. I like using Larry, Lemmy, and Iggy over Bowser Jr, but I usually default to Jr. I like Greninja's black and white colors, and I like the last 3 colors for Ness. I use white Charizard, though sometimes I would use purple because I like to think of it as Ridleyzard (and I never supported a playable Ridley). Jigglypuff has a lot of hats I like, but I usually go to nurse hat. When I pick Pikachu, my favorite has been Ethanchu though I like the other hats as well. I like using Dark Samus colors.

Once Mewtwo is released, I'll probably mostly use default. However, if I'm in the mood for alternate colors, hopefully he'll have his shiny color.

Igzex

I wish I looked this good with lipstick

I pick the blueberry palette

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815

Always purple but default armor in PM.
As a follow-up question, do you guys prefer NES ROB or Famicom ROB? I personally prefer NES ROB, if only because I feel like it makes him look more robotic. I don't know if I just think the red on Famicom ROB looks bad or what, but I definently prefer NES ROB.
No love for failure Virtual Boy R.O.B?

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
Just want to note

The mewtwo trophy on the wii u version is no different in the the 3ds version

So are you guys absolutely positive the trophy will not be changed

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom