• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Fact 54 - Mewtwo Is On The Way [Social/General Discussion]

Status
Not open for further replies.

MagiusNecros

Smash Master
Pretty much anyone not named Marth or Lucina, if you really want to go there, has canonical problems in Smash.
Actually Lucina fights like Chrom. But here she fights like Marth.

Also Lucina in a real FE setting idolizes Marth and Ike. In Smash if she beats them in a match she mocks them.

Kirby characters are pretty great though!

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815

Also Lucina in a real FE setting idolizes Marth and Ike. In Smash if she beats them in a match she mocks them.

It's an extremely minor point, though. A small personality change to make her not boring with future moping and stuff.

And given that she does imitate Marth, her being his moveset clone is actually logical. Also she can OHKO Ridley with her FInal Smash which is kewl

And Kirby+Kid Icarus characters, you forgot them.

Last edited:

U-Throw

Smash Lord
NNID
GKB21101

Mega Knight never talks in the Kirby games, and he certainly doesn't offer them a sword before a fight in Smash.

Deathlightning21

Smash Lord
NNID
Deathlightning21
3DS FC
1779-0225-2026
Mega Knight never talks in the Kirby games, and he certainly doesn't offer them a sword before a fight in Smash.
That would be such a great freaking taunt if he did that, offering them a sword in pity of their poor fighting skills.

Smashbro596

Smash Ace

zero suit samus is pretty realistic to the character. quick and nimble while still packing a punch.

U-Throw

Smash Lord
NNID
GKB21101
That would be such a great freaking taunt if he did that, offering them a sword in pity of their poor fighting skills.
Have a Beam Sword Ganondorf.

If Meta Knight's Up Taunt conjured a Beam Sword he would be super badass.
New gameplay feature for Meta Knight in Wii U ver. 1.0.3: Pity Sword.
If a character falls at least one stock/two points/100 coins behind and Meta Knight uses his Up Taunt while holding the D-Pad, or if the taunt button is pressed and held during the pre-fight countdown, the opponent is immediately given a Beam Sword with which to pathetically try and defeat Meta Knight.
Sakurai must know of this.

MagiusNecros

Smash Master
Not really. ZSS is pretty helpless in Zero Mission. Here, she is lightyears ahead of regular Samus.
But Waifu's are top tier! Unless you are Zelda.

I got mah Shell Smash Cloyster ready to go. And it is amazing. Too bad Priority ends my Icicle Spear reign of terror.

The Goldenbrawler

Smash Ace
NNID
Frost3
3DS FC
3840-6562-5991
Pretty much anyone not named Marth or Lucina, if you really want to go there, has canonical problems in Smash.
Lucina can't actually learn counter in FE:A, but at the same time it could reflect the fact that you can attack someone after they attack you.

MagiusNecros

Smash Master
Lucina can't actually learn counter in FE:A, but at the same time it could reflect the fact that you can attack someone after they attack you.
Counter is entirely based on striking your opponent after they attack and vice versa. Mainly if you have high enough stats you could get another attack.

Or just use Brave Weapons.

Smashbro596

Smash Ace
random story time: i made a stage where you cant lose (impossible to get kod) and tested it with 4 level 9 cpus.... the 4th one spawned outside and was forced to self destruct. the results were.... magical.

Xzsmmc

Smash Champion
random story time: i made a stage where you cant lose (impossible to get kod) and tested it with 4 level 9 cpus.... the 4th one spawned outside and was forced to self destruct. the results were.... magical.
I made a custom stage that was basically a box with no way out. At one point, I hit someone so hard, they apparently phased through the wall.

spiderfreak1011

Smash Ace
NNID
spiderfreak1011
3DS FC
3050-8430-0117
What about Link and Toon Link? They don't have canonical problems from what i can see. Unless you wanna count aerial spin attacks or something.

Last edited:

thebadlamp

Smash Apprentice
NNID
thebadlamp2
3DS FC
0963-0296-0917
Lucina also recognizes Ike despite the Marth and Ike timelines being completely seperate from each other

Last edited:

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Lucina also recognizes Ike despite the Marth and Ike timelines being completely seperate from each other
They aren't totally seperate though, Priam is a descendent of Ike, he even carries Ragnell as his weapon of choice.

NNID
Nightdazer
3DS FC
0731-4784-1465
Amen to that. E32014 was one of the most underwhelming E3s I've ever seen.
Why do you say that? Palutena was a huge addition imo. Very welcomed by most of the community, including myself.
Surely a few of you guys here were happy to see her make a début?

Last edited:

MagiusNecros

Smash Master
I only like Palutena because it's a weaker "I used to be a racer" Ganondorf with more utility and emphasizes control over the stage and control over your opponent.

Xzsmmc

Smash Champion
Why do you say that? Palutena was a huge addition imo. Very welcomed by most of the community, including myself.
Apologies for being so blunt, but I really don't like Palutena. I'm also annoyed that she and the Miis (who I also dislike) are the only characters who have true customization instead of just variations. Sakurai can go on about 'uniqueness' all he wants, but when the only thing that makes a character unique is that they had more time spent on them, I start to doubt him a little.

MagiusNecros

Smash Master
Apologies for being so blunt, but I really don't like Palutena. I'm also annoyed that she and the Miis (who I also dislike) are the only characters who have true customization instead of just variations. Sakurai can go on about 'uniqueness' all he wants, but when the only thing that makes a character unique is that they had more time spent on them, I start to doubt him a little.
Most custom moves are basically the same so I am inclined to agree that the thought that went into customs was rather subpar.

Mii's and Palutena being the exception is bull****.

Edit: You can tell rather easily too by looking at Meta Knight where all his customs suck. His base set is the best.

Furthermore I would have liked the idea of custom moves being completely different attacks much like how you got different special attacks in Namco's very own Tales Of series. But lolnope. We got Sakurai-ed.

Last edited:

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
It annoyed me that she was shown at the forefront for E3. Pac-man was limited to a tiny little developer roundtable, and while I'm not a huge fan of either, Pac-man deserved the digital event reveal more.

MagiusNecros

Smash Master
Not to mention Pacman is by far the better character. I get wrecked by simply not understanding him.

MagiusNecros

Smash Master
NoA: "Thank you for enrolling for the Mewtwo. Now that it is March 31st we will send out emails sometime in June right before Summer because that will still be Spring and not Summer. Have a rotten day!"

Xzsmmc

Smash Champion
NoA: "Thank you for enrolling for the Mewtwo. Now that it is March 31st we will send out emails sometime in June right before Summer because that will still be Spring and not Summer. Have a rotten day!"
I always knew Nintendo was secretly run by Wario. WarioWare is probably based on a true story.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom