• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

EVO West, 7/27-29

J.Shadows

Smash Champion
haha! wow that guy is hilarious! well i'm definitely going to this as long as i'm in town. which i probably will be. SAN FERNANDO VALLEY! WE NEED TO GET OUR **** TOGETHER AND REPRESENT! (including beverly hills waffle)
Hell yeah man Evan and Atlus with the hook up rides. :D hell yeah man represent team 818 and team 91201.:O!:chuckle:[/QUOTE]

hell yeah we goin rep in this tourney ;)

TheBOSS

Smash Lord
this is going to be ****ing awesome. few questions though if anyone could answer please... i play mvc2 and cvs2 but only played them on the ps2, at EVO, will the player be using ps2 controllers or joystick stuff? cause if it's joystick i'm screwed.

SexyDoodles

Smash Journeyman
this is going to be ****ing awesome. few questions though if anyone could answer please... i play mvc2 and cvs2 but only played them on the ps2, at EVO, will the player be using ps2 controllers or joystick stuff? cause if it's joystick i'm screwed.
haha im the same way. i don't really play mvc2 seriously though. what happens is i think people bring their own controllers, usually sticks, but im not actually sure.

I really want to go to this. I've considered going before, and now that smash is there, i DEFINITELY wanna go. it's gonna be freaking awesome.

Zenith

Smash Ace
ppl consider you a n00b if you bring a PS2 controller, their eyes will turn red w/ hatred and you will not get any respect for any combos you pull off.

So basicly yeah, you need to bring a stick.

This goes out to any1 who doesn't have a stick, you can get 1 for $100 here
http://www.massystems.com/ProStick.html

ppl consider you a n00b if you bring a PS2 controller, their eyes will turn red w/ hatred and you will not get any respect for any combos you pull off.

So basicly yeah, you need to bring a stick.

This goes out to any1 who doesn't have a stick, you can get 1 for $100 here
http://www.massystems.com/ProStick.html
I don't know about buying them....but what would you reccomend,concave,or convex?

I would think that concave would be better for accurate button pressing,and convex would be better for quick finger slides.

Zenith

Smash Ace
I don't know about buying them....but what would you reccomend,concave,or convex?

I would think that concave would be better for accurate button pressing,and convex would be better for quick finger slides.
It depends on the game.
Slower games = concave
faster games = convex

Nasty_Nate

Smash Lord
they really think your noob if you use PS2 controllers??? Thats really really stupid

ResidentWaffle

Smash Lord
Hey Jesson if u read the rules u would know that gambling is not permitted on the property and u can be taken out of the tournament without a refund hahahaha

LOLZ LOLZ LOLZ
Actually
Evo2k.com said:
Gambling is prohibited in and/or around the event hall. Any player that gambles on the property will be immediately ejected from the tournament, and may be banned. If you do not cooperate immediately, we will not hesitate to call the police and send you to jail. If you want to gamble, go play at the tables, that is what they are for.
So we can have money matches!

But for Jason be sure to follow this rule
Evo2k.com said:
Anyone visibly intoxicated or under the influence of illicit drugs will be immediately ejected from the tournament, and may be banned. If you do not cooperate immediately, we will not hesitate to call the police and send you to jail. If you are breaking the law at the tournament, then you're endangering the event for everyone else, and we will immediately toss you in the pool, or at least out of the event hall. If you are too junior varsity to handle yourself, at least don't be a punk and mess it up for everyone else. Anyone exhibiting violent behavior or failing to comply with the requests of tournament officials will be ejected and banned from the tournament, with no exceptions. We have always enjoyed violence-free events, and this a zero tolerance issue. Keep it in the game, or keep it to yourself.
Jk Jk :)

N1c2k3

Smash Lord
Marvel is played on the DC, so bringing a PS2 controller won't do you any good. 3S is still played on the PS2 though, so not all is lost, hehe. And yes, some good players do use rocks, but many ppl still consider it noobish...

nublet06

Smash Lord
well....who likes doubles enough to go to a doubles only tournament. im sure isai will be there.

Super Smash Brothers Melee

* Game version: Nintendo Gamecube
* Game Settings: 2 on 2 Teams, VS Melee, 2/3 Games, 4 Stock, 6 Minute Timer
* The stage for game 1 will be selected at random unless both teams can agree on a stage.
* Random select stages: Final Destination, Battlefield, Yoshi's Story, Rainbow Cruise, Dreamland 64, Pokemon Stadium, DK64
* Banned stages: Fountain of Dreams, Mute City, Yoshi's Island (Pipes), Fourside, Hyrule Temple, Flatzone, Brinstar Depths, Icicle Mountain, Big Blue, Mushroom Kingdom 1, Venom, Yoshi's Island 64, and Kongo Jungle.
* No stage may be used twice in a versus battle.
* After the stage has been selected, the winner of the previous game may change characters, but has to pick first.
* Glitches used to stop your opponent from controlling their character or indefinitely freezing them (Mewtwo's Soul Stunner, the Ice Climber freeze glitch), or any glitch or trick that freezes the game or makes it unable to be finished are banned and will result in the immediate forfeit of the entire match.
* Tactics such as Peach's Wallbombing and Jiggly's Rising Pound are allowed as methods of recovery or to maneuver around the stage. Using them (or any similar tactics) to excessively stall a match, such as dropping below levels intentionally and stalling underneath, is banned. If by using one of these tactics, you have put your character in a place to lose a stock by ending the tactic, a judge may force you to stop and lose a life and continue the match short a stock.

ResidentWaffle

Smash Lord
Doubles and no stage bans looks like evo is gonna get a lot of complaints unless your isai of course :)

StrippersandBeer

Smash Apprentice
<---already confirmed for Tekken and def going to compete (atleast for experience) in Smash.

Will be awesome.

<3 Smash & Tekken

CoDe9

Smash Rookie
holy-sweet-fcuking-shiet-cakes!!

i...never knew people played cvs2 competitively...
hell yea i want to go. but i might have to drive there if i cant get a ride, and i might need a license for that. T_T

but im definitely gonna get in the smash and cvs2 matches.
im gonna practice against my friend for cvs2(he has a godly vega) and teach my friend to wave dash on melee. :embarrass ^___^

so yep ima brush off teh ps2 sticks and get ready for it!:chuckle: :chuckle: :chuckle:

Zenith

Smash Ace
i...never knew people played cvs2 competitively...
hell yea i want to go. but i might have to drive there if i cant get a ride, and i might need a license for that. T_T

but im definitely gonna get in the smash and cvs2 matches.
im gonna practice against my friend for cvs2(he has a godly vega) and teach my friend to wave dash on melee. :embarrass ^___^

so yep ima brush off teh ps2 sticks and get ready for it!:chuckle: :chuckle: :chuckle:
Where do you live and who do you play?

Like I said b4, come down to San Bernardino, get owned by my n00bish E. Honda.
C-Honda/Iori/Sagat madness.

ResidentWaffle

Smash Lord
Rules
  • Game version: Nintendo Gamecube
  • Game Settings: Singles VS Melee, 2/3 Games, 4 Stock, 6 Minute Timer, No Items
  • If both players can agree on a stage, that stage will be used. If there is conflict, then the rules below come into action.
  • Pool A: Final Destination, Kirby's Dreamland 64, Battlefield, Yoshi's Story, Pokemon Stadium, Fountain of Dreams.
  • Pool B: Mute City, Green Greens, Rainbow Cruise, Kongo Jungle 64, Brinstar, Poke Floats, Corneria, Jungle Japes.
  • The stage for Game 1 will be selected at random from pool A. Any games after that can be from pools A or B.
  • After the stage has been selected by the losing player, the winner of the previous game may change characters, but has to pick first
  • No stage may be used twice in any given set.
  • Glitches used to stop your opponent from controlling their character or indefinitely freezing them (Mewtwo's Soul Stunner, the Ice Climber freeze glitch), or any glitch or trick that freezes the game or makes it unable to be finished are banned and will result in the immediate forfeit of the entire match.
  • Tactics such as Peach's Wallbombing and Jiggly's Rising Pound are allowed as methods of recovery or to maneuver around the stage. Using them (or any similar tactics) to excessively stall a match, such as dropping below levels intentionally and stalling underneath, is banned. If by using one of these tactics, you have put your character in a place to lose a stock by ending the tactic, a judge may force you to stop and lose a life and continue the match short a stock.

These are the Final rules, and yes its 1v1 now.

ResidentWaffle

Smash Lord
Rules are basically the same except Mute City, Green Greens, Rainbow Cruise, Kongo Jungle 64, Brinstar, Poke Floats, Corneria, Jungle Japes, (no onett) are the only counterpicks, 6 minute time limit and no stage banning.

MorbTheLuigi

Smash Ace
8-bit will hopefully be there
we were planning to be on the MLGs but noooooo they had to kill it for us
hopefully this is as good or better than that
cant wait

Top Bottom