• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

EVO West, 7/27-29

ResidentWaffle

Smash Lord
Evo2k.com said:
The qualifying tournaments will award cash prizes to the top 3 (three) places at a rate proportional to the number of attendees. Ten dollars from the registration fee of each participant will go into a tournament prize pool, which will be awarded to the top 3 finishers at a 7/2/1 split. For example, if 300 people enter the Capcom vs SNK 2 tournament, the total prize pool for that tournament will be $3000 ($300 x 10), paying out $2100 to first place (70% of $3000), $600 to second place (20% of $3000), and $300 to third place (10% of $3000).

In addtion, the top 8 finishers at all EVO qualifying events will receive a bye to the semi-finals round at the EVO World Championships in Las Vegas.
Hell yeah im going!

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
OMFG EPIC.... finally recognized after all these years lol.

i probably won't make it but... GOOD LUCK TO ALL THE SOCALERS, NORCALERS AND OUT OF STATERS WHO WILL GO!

Raging_Missiles

Smash Journeyman
Holy **** Waffle if u get a ride or find a way to get there TELL ME !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

**** i already see the 1st going to Ken LOL I wonder who will get 2nd and 3rd cuz that will be some interesting stuff

ResidentWaffle

Smash Lord
If only socal goes I can predict the results
1st Ken
2nd DSF
3rd HugS

I mean most likely I wouldn't win anything but I just wanted to mention considering the money involved a lot of people are gonna show up and if I can't get a ride I can probably bus it :)

Zenith

Smash Ace
P.C. Chris and Justin Wong are makin a deal.
If Chris teaches Justin how to play smash, Justin will teach Chris 3s and Marvel.

Ken Hoang vs Justin Wong. jk

EzynJAY

Smash Lord
lol isnt justin a beast at 3rd too wasnt he the chun li vs hidago or watever in that vid were he parrys her special >< but yea evos too good

nublet06

Smash Lord
lol im sure more than just socal will come. PC already said he wants to try to go to them all. this is gonna be like MLG's. expect to see a lot of the top players from that...showing up to this.

Zenith

Smash Ace
So what games will we enter?
I'm goin for MvC2/CvS2(if they get it back)/SSBM/3s(maybe)/Sf2T(maybe)

EDIT: If any1 is up for some Marvel, I'll go anywhere and kick some ***. Team Matrix FTW.

Oni Shinigami

Smash Journeyman
Wow...since I also play Tekken 5 DR and Street Fighter 3 Third Strike this is too perfect.

I'll be going to EVO to compete in all 3 of my competitive games =)

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
Sounds coolios, I'll have to get some training for MvC2 or 3S :D

EdreesesPieces

Smash Bros Before Hos
BRoomer
NNID
EdreesesPieces
HELL YEAH. This is so exciting. When the EVO crowd sees the finals match of this, I have no doubt they will be giving smash so much more respect.

I'm definately going!! I"ve been to EVO twice but just to watch.

And if there ever is a person who is able to have top success in both Smash and a classic fighting game, I will be amazed. I think the two are such different skill sets that it's going to be tough for someone to stay up high in both at the same time. Some people are able to do it among other fighters but they aren't as different as Smash is.

EzynJAY

Smash Lord
Sounds coolios, I'll have to get some training for MvC2 or 3S :D
coolios? wow ryan stop saying all my stuff lol no wonder when i get to ucr everyones saying things that i say lol but yea 3s is too good ^^ and smashms ^^

FALCOMIST

Smash Ace
HELL YEAH. This is so exciting. When the EVO crowd sees the finals match of this, I have no doubt they will be giving smash so much more respect.

And if there ever is a person who is able to have top success in both Smash and a classic fighting game, I will be amazed. I think the two are such different skill sets that it's going to be tough for someone to stay up high in both at the same time. Some people are able to do it among other fighters but they aren't as different as Smash is.
OMG EDREES LETS GO TO THIS CAUSE SMASH IS TOO GOOD XD.

Wonderin when they said Smash/Wii is it Smash brawl or regular?

But anyways im definitely GOING to this OMFG this is awesome LETS PLAY EDREES.

Scamp

Smash Master
BRoomer

I don't really see much change overall in general and on the forums, people respect the game as it is now. Those who don't...probably won't change.

I would also argue that Tekken, Virtua Fighter, and other 3-d games are quite different from Street Fighter and other 2-d fighting games. More important than any skill set is top competition, and the only places I know of where you can truly get that in Smash and Street Fighter is Cali and NY. So I don't think it would be so unreasonable to see someone be a top player in Smash and something else. And of the smashers I've seen, I'd think PC Chris and KDJ would be strong candidates to do so.

Dunno how the SF scene is in MA/VA, though.

lol isnt justin a beast at 3rd too wasnt he the chun li vs hidago or watever in that vid were he parrys her special >< but yea evos too good
Justin is arguably the best in the US at 3rd Strike, although I think more people would go for Pyrolee in Socal. Anyway, you're thinking of Justin Wong vs. Daigo and yeah that's it.

EVO WEST IS ON JULY 27-29!
EVO MAIN IS AUGUST 24-26!

PLEASE BE ON YOUR BEST BEHAVIOR!

TheCatPhysician

Smash Ace
Awesome, I'm probably going to come to one of these. I don't get the point of having the first 3 tournaments qualifiers, though. It says winners of the qualifying tournaments will earn advanced seeds for the world finals, but then it says anyone who hasn't even been to a qualifying tournament is still welcome to compete in the finals.

Balloon

Smash Lord
Hey uh... What is the username/password to view the site...?

Nevermind... Earlier it was asking me for a username/password. Lame.

Raging_Missiles

Smash Journeyman
Really? 8-Bit carpool FTW!
LOL hey atlus i dont mind paying some gas money so if u can take us that would be the sickest **** and we should really start practicing consistently

U, Mark , and 8 bit should start playing more often together so when u come to my tourneys at TOymandala always try to push yourself so we can push ourselves to win as well :)

If DEHF , Richard and Damion are reading the same goes for u guys :)

LOLZ waffle i saw that Youtube link and i frigging funny with the commentators

Shmooguy

Smash Champion
**** yeah this is awesome. I'm going to LA for sure and I'll try my **** best to go to Vegas. This combined with the grassroots MLG thing should make this a good year for smash. And brawl of course, but that's a whole nother subject.

Everyone better go to these and make these events huge so we get more support!

K Balls

Smash Journeyman
too bad they don't have KOF xi, or old smash i might of went hopefully they will have brawl in the near future.

mikeHAZE

Smash Legend
haha! wow that guy is hilarious! well i'm definitely going to this as long as i'm in town. which i probably will be. SAN FERNANDO VALLEY! WE NEED TO GET OUR **** TOGETHER AND REPRESENT! (including beverly hills waffle)[/QUOTE]

:[.. you guys got this.

Nes

Smash Lord
Heres an example of a submission lol
http://youtube.com/watch?v=SNt1CR9RVMA

haha! wow that guy is hilarious! well i'm definitely going to this as long as i'm in town. which i probably will be. SAN FERNANDO VALLEY! WE NEED TO GET OUR **** TOGETHER AND REPRESENT! (including beverly hills waffle)[/QUOTE]

Hell yeah man Evan and Atlus with the hook up rides. :D hell yeah man represent team 818 and team 91201.:O!:chuckle:

Top Bottom