• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

EVO Pools Released

knuckleface88

Smash Cadet
With so few seeding tournaments I guess I should have expected a few stacked pools. Armada and Shroomed's pool is definitely the most hilarious though. Congrats on the seeding points Zeldafreak, now you get to play easy unseeded players...wait...you have to play two of the top 10 in the world. In addition Juggleguy and Bimbo Mexico are there. Wow.

For the lazy,
Other 2 really interesting pools are:
Jman vs. Leffen
M2K vs Ken

Mr.Jackpot

Smash Lord
Axe vs The Moon in their first matches. Gimpyfish vs Scar in their first matches. Dr.PeePee, Kels, and Eggz all in the same pool. Westballz, Silent Wolf, and Vish are all in the same pool.

Shiny Mewtwo aka Jigglysir

PhD; Smash Community Studies
Premium
3DS FC
2191-7691-7941
I noticed "Kevin Toy" in 2 pools, one of which was the PPU vs Mr. Wizard, but the other was a Kevin Toy that apparently isn't PPU (didn't have his tag under the name) in the M2K vs Ken pool

Blistering Speed

Smash Champion
In their pools alone:

Lucky vs Bladewise
HMW vs Taj
PeePee vs Kels
Jman vs Leffen
Shroomed vs Armada
Mew2king vs Ken
Westballz vs Silent Wolf

I am not ****ing ready for this ****.

t3h Icy

Smash Master
A summary of interesting notes and points:

(Assuming no "upsets")
-Mango vs Noobking Round 3 =( (but he'll get 2nd seed so it's all good)
-Yakal vs Swedish Delight Round 2
-Axe vs Moon Round 1
-Tarheeljks vs ORLY Round 2, vs winner of above
-Mikehaggar has no named players in his pool except Reno rofl
-Lucky vs Rat Round 1
-Bladewise vs above Round 4
-IB has a mostly easy pool except Spife and King Funk
-Mogwai vs L Round 2 vs Hyprid Round 3 vs Choknator Round 4
-G$ has a free money pool
-Violence vs A Rookie Round 1
-Fiction vs Fuzzyness Round 3, and then winner of above Round 4
-Wizzrobe vs Moogle Round 4
-Pool B60 is basically free except Lord
-Dr. PeePee vs Eggz Round 2 vs Kels Round 4 (Someone isn't surviving to bracket)
-Android vs C!Z Round 3
-Insane Carzy Guy vs Redd Round 2 vs PB&J Round 3 vs above Round 4 (lol death)
-Pool B63 has a bunch of moderately good players including JPegImage, DJ Mirror, Merck, and Milkman
-Fly Amanita vs Cort Round 2 vs Stric9 Round 3
-Vudujin vs Mr.F Round 3
-Zeldafreak vs Shroomed Round 1 rofl vs Blunted Object Round 3 (who beat Shroomed at Pound 5 ;D)
-ABOVE VS ARMADA ROUND 4 OH GOD DEATH
-Armada vs Juggleguy Round 1
-Hax vs Eikelmann Round 1 vs ThePrime Round 3
-Meta vs Nicknyte Round 1 vs Tang Round 2 vs Laijin Round 3 vs Bizzaro Flame Round 4
-Lovage vs Kou Round 1
-Above vs Vist Round 4
-S2J has an easy pool, C62
-Scar vs Gimpyfish Round 1 vs Boback Round 2 vs (MattdotZeb vs Tomber Round 1) Round 3 vs DEHF Round 4
-Hungrybox vs Rusty Shacklefurd Round 2 (lol )= )
-Falcomist vs Baka4moe Round 2 vs above Round 4
-Darkrain has an easy pool, D57
-Pool D58 has nobody rofl
-SFAT vs Lucien Round 1 vs J666 Round 2 vs (Toph vs Wobbles Round 3) Round 4
-Germ vs Iceman Round 2, rest is easy
-Waffles vs Taj Round 2
-Zoso vs Hyuga Round 2 vs (Tai vs GIMR Round 2) Round 3
-Hyprid vs Strong Bad Round 2 vs D1 Round 4 *Hyprid is listed twice?
-Jman vs Leffen Round 4 !?!?!?
-PPU vs Darrell Round 3
-Jolteon vs MrWizard (LOL) Round 3 vs above Round 4
-Dart! has an easy pool, E58
-Bob$ vs InternetExplorer Round 2 vs Sung Round 4
-(not actually PPU) vs Ken Round 2 vs Mew2King Round 3 !!! vs Cyrain Round 4
-E61 has Everlasting Yay vs Insane Carzy Guy Round 4...lol *ICG is listed twice?
-E62 is mostly easy except Smashmac vs Navn Round 1
-Zhu vs Chain-Ace Round 4, rest is easy
-Hugs vs Vman Round 2 vs Raistlin Round 4
-SS vs Duck Round 2 vs Eddy Mexico Round 4
-Shiz vs Victra Round 1 (lol), easy pool
-Michael Li vs Simna Round 3, rest is easy
-Ice has a mostly easy pool, F60, with lots of moderate players including Alan, Chad, Broly, and Trahh
-Westballz vs Vish Round 2 vs Silent Wolf Round 4
-Tafokints has a mostly easy pool, F62

Important note: I made this list as soon as I saw this thread (7 minutes in), so it's very possible things got swapped around while I typed this up or later. This listing is just for the initial release of Pools and is due to changes. I also didn't read/know every real name, so there's probably a ton of good players somewhere I didn't find in there. Also take no offense if I say a pool is easy; I'm basing it on the difficulty for high-top level players. Also I have BC bias. :D

I think the funniest thing is Zeldafreak who has seeding points ended up with Shroomed Round 1, Blunted Object Round 3, and Armada Round 4 (if he were to win throughout). He's in C58, which is the hardest pool. That sucks dude, lol. =/

MrWizard

EVO Founder
You can always click the send feedback on the bottom right of the page if they are errors, or a bunch of stacked players, and we will review it.

CanISmash

Smash Lord
Elmont LI, Queens. Philadelphia during semesters.
leffen i am so glad you are entering dude!!!! YAAAAAAY. Do work son.

I don't know how to figure out how the pools work but I just hope armada is ranked appropriately.
I know he didn't enter it but he's the best player in the world with no seeding points so he wouldn't be hurting anyone but other players by not being ranked appropriately

EVO HYPEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Shroomed is sending armada to losers early just wait!!!

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
You can always click the send feedback on the bottom right of the page if they are errors, or a bunch of stacked players, and we will review it.

A million times this. Good on the Evo staff to release pools this early to get feedback.

luzbwl

Smash Cadet
Ken is not getting out of pools, 2 better marths will beat him, if he beat any of them that would be a big upset!
Also, y all marths same pool? Biblethump T.T

t3h Icy

Smash Master
Two per pool; one from Winners', one from Losers'. All players continue in the bracket in the same place (ie, Winners' are in Winners', Losers' in Losers'). Due to an imperfect number of players/pools, the number of people that make it to the quarter finals pool on Saturday is 92, of which 16 go to the semi finals pool later. The 8 remaining after that go to Finals on Sunday.

CyberZixx

Smash Lord
2 ppl
then there is another round
then the final round to bring it down to 8

102 -> 16 -> 8

lol
Yeah, I just noticed that there was a loser bracket below the winners one. Silly me for missing that. Well, at least 2 is not so bad. Even so some of these pools are dense.

Revven

FrankerZ
Send feedback if you want to fix any stacked pools/repeated players, the more people who do the more likely the chances of them being changed!

ycz12

Smash Ace
I think the funniest thing is Zeldafreak who has seeding points ended up with Shroomed Round 1, Blunted Object Round 3, and Armada Round 4 (if he were to win throughout). He's in C58, which is by leaps and bounds the hardest pool. That sucks dude, lol. =/
I don't think C58 is "by leaps and bounds" the hardest pool, and I think the reason you thought this is because you didn't notice that Wobbles (Robert Wright) was in D59.

dmac

Smash Champion
<-- this guy is not listed twice, there's another dmac. :(

thank you very much for the breakdown of the brackets :D very cool of you

t3h Icy

Smash Master
I don't think C58 is "by leaps and bounds" the hardest pool, and I think the reason you thought this is because you didn't notice that Wobbles (Robert Wright) was in D59.
Yeah, just noticed that too, and that is also Lucien! So that's SFAT vs Lucien Round 1, vs J666 Round 2, with Toph vs Wobbles on the other side Round 3, and not to mention JB and Lance are solid players too.

Revven

FrankerZ
Don't forget about Mame Spider! Marvel 3 Japanese player (who is really good), I wouldn't sleep on him even if we've never seen him play Melee.

trash?

witty/pretty
Premium
NNID
????
Don't forget about Mame Spider! Marvel 3 Japanese player (who is really good), I wouldn't sleep on him even if we've never seen him play Melee.
His spiderman movement makes me assume he's like alukard, where he likely played melee at a high level once, to the point where his big gig was another movement-heavy game.

It's weird that I never really see as many japanese players like you do with something like brawl.

Medz!

Smash Journeyman
holy **** my pool is stacked then lol. cort, fly, joot, amsa, and stric xD

Bones0

Smash Legend
Everyone send feedback on the pools so we can even out the stacked pools a little. We raised a ******** amount of money to get Melee into Evo. Let's not ruin that because we were too lazy to tell the Evo staff which pools need their seeding adjusted.

Top Bottom