• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Evo 2kXV Competitive Impressions

Status
Not open for further replies.

adom4

Smash Lord
NNID
adom15510
3DS FC
3179-6434-6692
I feel like I'm missing part of the evo hype even though I'm here! Didn't even know half this stuff, glad I checked.

I got second in my pool after a stupid ledge mistake against gimr game 3. Hopefully tonight goes well!

Also, I only used 3 characters; are you guys proud of me?
Was Ganondorf one of them? :ganondorf:

Balgorxz

Smash Journeyman
customs have been amazing so far at evo, mainly because people stick to standard moves unless it's an underused character.

FlynnCL

Smash Journeyman
Watching that Sonic f-smashing so much got me annoyed for some reason, especially when attempting to f-smash a Dancing Blade mid-hits. I also got annoyed that he kept getting hit by shield breaker and air-dodging in too.

Don't mind me, I'm just a bitter old man because Lucina won.

Edit: Oh, here comes VillagerBox.

Last edited:

Gunla

It's my bit, you see.
Administrator
BRoomer
Writing Team
Villagerbox?

Is this happening?

EDIT: There's the Jiggs!

Last edited:

hypersonicJD

Smash Journeyman
NNID
I don't have
3DS FC
2122-7467-7267
And Hungrybox got rekt. Not even Custom Villager could help him. This tourney has been really good with so many different characters. I'm happy at watching more characters being played. Especially that Lucina.

hypersonicJD

Smash Journeyman
NNID
I don't have
3DS FC
2122-7467-7267
ESAM. PLS STOP. TOO MANY UP B X_X

That first match was just amazing. Esam was really really aggresive. It was really good play from him. And Chudat didn't knew what to do or was just really distracted. Also, dat Thunder Spike.

Last edited:

ParanoidDrone

Smash Master
I already see Twitter comments like "Celebrate!! Customs will be gone after today!!" smh.
This doesn't even make sense. I haven't been able to follow any streams today, but it sounds like there haven't been any instances yet of customs bull****. Why then would they be gone after EVO? (Assuming this trend is true and continues.)

MajorMajora

Smash Ace
I'm loving all of this alph play. Olimar looks really good if you know what your doing.

Drarky

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
1607-4919-4337
Is it me or Smashville has barely even picked up? I was expecting at the very least 3/4 of the tourney being on it.

Not that I'm complaining, I love the variety.

Unknownkid

Smash Lord
So wait... Are we allow to talk about EVO here?

Anyways... it was nice to see Custom Bowser. Too bad he is against MVD's diddy.

Edit: Shoot. I missed the shield break. What move did Bowser use to break Diddy's shield?

Last edited:

Superbat

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Superbat3
^ Final Boss doesn't care. Nice shield Break. Ended MVD's life with that fully charged f smash.

bc1910

Smash Lord
NNID
bc1910
3DS FC
1478-6611-0182
I suppose it's too much to ask for Greninja to have done anything at all?

Drarky

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
1607-4919-4337
Pretty good matches from Final Boss, that was one hell of a scary Bowser.

I'm not gonna lie, I screamed like a little girl when the shield break happened

C0rvus

Pro Hands Catcher
Kinda pissed that that Tweek set wasn't on stream. Would've loved to see his Wario.

hypersonicJD

Smash Journeyman
NNID
I don't have
3DS FC
2122-7467-7267
A MEXICAN FALCON!? HYPE HYPE HYPE. MAH COUNTRY IS AT EVO. And he just defeated a Yoshi. I'm really hoping for more Mexicans to enter EVO. Mexico has really good potential.

AND HE WON!!!!!!!!! I'M HYPED.

Last edited:

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
A MEXICAN FALCON!? HYPE HYPE HYPE. MAH COUNTRY IS AT EVO. And he just defeated a Yoshi. I'm really hoping for more Mexicans to enter EVO. Mexico has really good potential.

AND HE WON!!!!!!!!! I'M HYPED.
Regi should get some stream time. His GnW is nuts

Ryu_Ken

Ace Adventurer and Truth Seeker
NNID
Sorastar9
3DS FC
4725-8061-1333
NO DAD NOT THE BELT.
That was a decent match vs. Bowser Jr to say the least. Haven't seen any Bowser Jr players in a LONG time.

Ryu_Ken

NNID
Sorastar9
3DS FC
4725-8061-1333
This is what all Links must learn from here on out: HIS JAB COMBOS DON'T WORK NO MORE.
Well, he didn't seem all that confident with Link from the get-go.

zeldasmash

Smash Lord
That Link was just........bad.....this isn't 1.0.5 or anything before, Link's Jab combos are gone. Seeing this at EVO is just downright sloppy. The guy had no idea what he was doing with Link.

Last edited:

Ryu_Ken

NNID
Sorastar9
3DS FC
4725-8061-1333
That Link was just........bad.....this isn't 1.0.5 or anything before, Link's Jab combos are gone. Seeing this at EVO is just downright sloppy. The guy had no idea what he was doing with Link.
He didn't seem confident with Link, anyway. If you're not completely dedicated with Link, you're not very likely to win.
Also, Keitaro is really putting in work with :4falco:. Hope it all pays off.

H-O-G

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Samurai-Edge9
3DS FC
5000-3290-0193
And Hungrybox got rekt. Not even Custom Villager could help him. This tourney has been really good with so many different characters. I'm happy at watching more characters being played. Especially that Lucina.
Any link to the lucina fights?

hypersonicJD

Smash Journeyman
NNID
I don't have
3DS FC
2122-7467-7267
So stupid. By the way, Keitaro's Falco was playing amazing. That match was pretty good.

C0rvus

Pro Hands Catcher
Keitaro vs JDawg was a pretty fun set. Keitaro really put on the pressure, but JDawg adjusted and played well too. I got hype.

Ryu_Ken

NNID
Sorastar9
3DS FC
4725-8061-1333
That was a pretty good Falco vs. DDD. Nice performance from both sides. Keep up the good work JDawg and Keitaro. :)

Last edited:

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
Keitaro played a bit too aggressive in the second match. With a lead and Triple D being slow, he had no reason to approach or commit much. Could have thrown some lasers, bait approaches, and punish which Falco does well. The only other Falco players left are Larry Lurr if he actually intends to use Falco for whatever reason and Cyro who I can't find his name anywhere in the brackets.

Last edited:

Ryu_Ken

NNID
Sorastar9
3DS FC
4725-8061-1333
Keitaro played a bit too aggressive in the second match. With a lead and Triple D being slow, he had no reason to approach or commit much. Could have thrown some lasers, bait approaches, and punish which Falco does well. The only other Falco players left are Larry Lurr if he actually intends to use Falco for whatever reason and Cyro who I can't find his name anywhere in the brackets.
He got a bit cocky. Guess that happens when you take the first game. Nevertheless, he got more serious in the third game and won. They were all great imo.
Hope the other Falco players make it through pools. PBJ's pacman is up against Mario.

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
He got a bit cocky. Guess that happens when you take the first game. Nevertheless, he got more serious in the third game and won. They were all great imo.
Hope the other Falco players make it through pools. PBJ's pacman is up against Mario.
Well, it's Keitaro, the player who will spot dodge in place 8 times, spam Side Smash until it works, and takes you to random stages. What's strange is that Keitaro's more of a cautious player, so seeing him be this aggressive is different. He could have used Nair a bit more, there were moments for Down Smash OOS, and he should be more careful about using Falco Phantasm to recover since, y'know, borked hitbox.

Also, I love how EE pointed out how the Canadian Mario player was attractive, Sky hit on him, and then something with PB&J. We lovin' tonight. :p

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom