• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Evo 2kXV Competitive Impressions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
Thought I'd make a dedicated thread for this.
If you are able/willing to provide constant updates I can give you earlier posts in this thread. LET ME KNOW~

Last edited:

Gunla

It's my bit, you see.
Administrator
BRoomer
Writing Team
apparently nietono lost to a no namer?

this ****s gonna be crazy
He lost to a guy called tearbear.

Some interesting things so far; notably NAKAT vs Smash G0D going to game 3.

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
Tearbear's not a no-namer... He's currently the 54th ranked player on Smashboard's ranking. When Shaya made the Notable Players List, he was among the top Captain Falcon players.

:4greninja:'d.

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
Well, one of the best Japan players (Niatono... something like that, going by announcers' pronunciation) just lost to Tearbear, so I wouldn't count on the Japanese one necessarily happening.
Nietono?

I know @Raziek is entering this tournament and has ostensibly done well in his first few sets. He has cited the fact that customs are extremely beneficial to Robin and mentions this as being a factor in Robin's competitive viability (that and he's just a very good player to begin with).

Anyone think this could help Robin, if so, could they theoretically do better in a customs meta or are their intrinsic flaws just too massive to overcome?

EDIT: oh my god winnie what it wrong with you and spelling today

Last edited:

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Well, one of the best Japan players (Niatono... something like that, going by announcers' pronunciation) just lost to Tearbear, so I wouldn't count on the Japanese one necessarily happening.
Was that in tournament or MM?

:059:

Macedonian

Smash Apprentice
D1 and TK didn't say, did niatono lose to customs?

Last edited:

GeneralLedge

Smash Journeyman
Anyone think this could help Robin, if so, could they theoretically do better in a customs meta or are there intrinsic flaws just too massive to overcome?
...Yes.

(too easy, sorry)

I imagine Robin's biggest flaw is movement. If Robin's customs synergize in such a way as to... not require a need in approaching/retreating (regardless of advantage/disadvantage) as much, then Robin customs can overcome a lot of things.

I of course know nothing about how Robin-with-customs works to overcome this. (Firewall a lot while charging Speed Thunder? I know Firewall does pretty well in keeping Sonic out, at least)

EDIT: On an aside, if you could cancel or avoid the vulnerable state from the second wave from that one elwind that shoots you horizontally, it'd make a pretty neat way for Robin to retreat safely. Maybe.

Last edited:

wedl!!

Goddess of Storms
NNID
Plushies4Ever
wrath just bodied a no-name mac with sonic dthrow tech chases

WRATH'S, HE'S JUST A BOY LIKE YOU

Gunla

It's my bit, you see.
Administrator
BRoomer
Writing Team
Looks like ZeRo's on stream now.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Looks like Nietono went Brawler ... shoulda stuck to his guns and use Fox/Sheik.

Superbat

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Superbat3
ZeRo with that savage combo. That was at least 6 fairs. He has such a great understanding of the character. Smashville should always be banned against sheik. She gets more combo strings with the platforms. (small blastzones is a +)

Last edited:

Gunla

It's my bit, you see.
Administrator
BRoomer
Writing Team
So much for the big changes regarding Abadango's pool spot and Nietono then.

Edit: nvm lol

Looking good for abadango
Yes; the same person who took him out of winners, Tearbear (a Falcon), took him out in losers as well. The first major upset so far.

D

Deleted member

Since the match was in losers, who did Tearbear lose to?

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
That's what you get for picking up a new main every other month and thinking you can get away with it at majors. Imo he should just go back to Greninja. Too bad for @ Djent Djent and his predictions though.

Gunla

It's my bit, you see.
Administrator
BRoomer
Writing Team
I'm dying

Did that just happen? Because that was a hilarious punish and good gameplay from PG.Timmy. Beautiful way to end a set.

Comes to show that just a few mistakes can cost you.

Last edited:

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
It looked like Customs inexperience. Nice 30 second match tho

Balgorxz

Smash Journeyman
my prediction of japan being much weaker than people expected at evo might become true after all, we still need too see everyone tho

Gunla

It's my bit, you see.
Administrator
BRoomer
Writing Team
Wait what happened?
The Mario got spiked by the last hit of Kirby's Dair at a very low%.

Then, at the second stock, Timmy used Jumping Inhale to Kirbycide the Mario in 23 seconds total.

Thinkaman

NNID
Thinkaman
3DS FC
1504-5749-3616
I feel like I'm missing part of the evo hype even though I'm here! Didn't even know half this stuff, glad I checked.

I got second in my pool after a stupid ledge mistake against gimr game 3. Hopefully tonight goes well!

Also, I only used 3 characters; are you guys proud of me?

Gunla

It's my bit, you see.
Administrator
BRoomer
Writing Team
I feel like I'm missing part of the evo hype even though I'm here! Didn't even know half this stuff, glad I checked.

I got second in my pool after a stupid ledge mistake against gimr game 3. Hopefully tonight goes well!

I am. Nice job! What did you use?

Certainly has been an interesting day with all of these tense sets.

Last edited:

Kofu

Smash Master
NNID
Atoyont
3DS FC
1521-4492-7542

So did GimR make it out of pools as well?

And which characters did you use?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom