• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Enemy Of The Federation - Sylux For SSB4 DLC! Discussion moved to social group.

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero
Sylux seems to be the go to character seeing as Sakurai does not see Ridley as being playable.

Plus, having another villain in Smash would be good.

Varia31

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Varia31
I have no idea who Sylux really is because I have never played Metroid Hunters, what can he do, and what would pursue me from wanting to support Sylux over Anthony Higgs?
Not a lot is really known about Sylux, really. Part of its appeal comes from the mysterious air it gives off, at least to a lot of people. Basically, its gender and species is unknown, but what is fact is that it harbors extreme hatred towards the Federation, and Samus by affiliation. Although by going off of the fact that its tracking her at end of Prime 3, it could be more than just that.

Sylux uses stolen Federation prototypes for its weapons, powered armor, and I think its ship, the Delano 7, as well. Sylux also has its own alt-mode. Similar to Samus' Morph Ball mode, except that it hovers around instead, traveling very fast, and can lay down trip-mine bombs. If it links two, you have a standard trip-mine, but if you form a triangle around an enemy with it, it'll close in on them and cause massive damage, usually resulting in an instant kill in Hunters' multiplayer. The bombs can also be detonated in rapid succession to give the Lockjaw mode a sort of limited flight capability (though it's more of like an extended glide). Its trademark weapon is the Shock Coil, which uses weaponized neutrinos to create a pretty much electrical stream that drains a target of energy, and refills Sylux's own energy in the process.

Another thing that made Sylux stand above the rest in Hunters was its boss fight. Sylux has pretty cool theme music, sure, but the real kicker was that you also get to fight the Delano 7 while coping with Sylux itself at the same time. So really, it was cool to fight another bounty hunter that could actually prove a credible threat to Samus, which is saying something. Samus is in a league of her own, and the only group that can keep up with her were the Hunters in Prime 3, and Prime Hunters' cast as well.

So in short, it had a cool boss fight, music, has a history with the Federation and presumably Samus, has a killer alt-mode, an interesting weapon, a ship, and now, seems to be an up-and-coming antagonist, and could provide a more unique moveset since it could use the various other Hunter weapons including it's own. I mean, if its taking after Trace for one of its moves, it actually would have a legitimate sniper rifle LASER. Hunters is so far the only game to have a sniper weapon that you can use, and man, it was scary powerful!

Last edited:

Divemissile

Smash Apprentice
NNID
What_garbage
Even though, I've never played any a Metroid Prime game, Cylux looks cool and we need more Metroid reps that aren't Samus. So I support Cylux being in Smash, I even voted for him in the ballot.

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
I was supporting Sylux before it was cool~ ;3

Great news! Really happy for you guys.

edsett

Smash Apprentice
I said before that I would prefer one of the hunters over Ridley for the next Metroid rep. And Sylux couldn't be a better choice! I'll support.

D

Deleted member

I'm actually conflicted here.

On one hand, Sylux playing a major role in the next Metroid Prime would make him a (pun seriously unintended) prime candidate for Smash.
On the other, that won't be for quite some time, seeing as the next Prime won't be until the NX comes out. Meaning his best odds would be for the next Smash.

Would it be best for him to be DLC as a pre-emptive measure so that Metroid gets at least a non-Samus character for Smash?
Or would him being DLC now seem rather forced considering the only thing he has right now is a game from before Brawl's release and a teaser cameo through his ship at the end of another game released before Brawl (outside Japan)?

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815

On one hand, Sylux playing a major role in the next Metroid Prime would make him a (pun seriously unintended) prime candidate for Smash.
On the other, that won't be for quite some time, seeing as the next Prime won't be until the NX comes out. Meaning his best odds would be for the next Smash.

Would it be best for him to be DLC as a pre-emptive measure so that Metroid gets at least a non-Samus character for Smash?
Or would him being DLC now seem rather forced considering the only thing he has right now is a game from before Brawl's release and a teaser cameo through his ship at the end of another game released before Brawl (outside Japan)?
And of course, there is the lingering doubt if we even get a next Smash. As it stands, though, the acknowledgement by Tanabe already puts it near the top of ideal Metroid picks for Sm4sh DLC(if there even ends up being any), dispelling the muhrelevance argument.

If I got to choose, I say that it be added to Sm4sh to reinvigorate interest for the series, and to perhaps remove some of the saltiness in the fanbase by adding a non-Samus Metroid character to Smash, showing more that the series is not as hopeless as some may think.

A reminder that Sylux would play a large role in Prime 4, if you will.

But that's just me.

D

Deleted member

In any case, I went ahead and threw a vote in for Sylux.

Whether or not he "warrants" it at this current point in time, Metroid's due for a newcomer (as is Donkey Kong), and Sylux may just be the best option available right now.

EDIT: (Before I'm attacked by a Ridley supporter, I said best option available. Ridley is the best option period, but he's not really "available" at this point.)

Last edited by a moderator:

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
Who knows if Ridley will be available at all.

And that's precisely why the backup plan in the form of Sylux exists. Next best thing.

I have a small section in the OP anyway to remind fans that I hold no ill will to Ridley.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
D

Deleted member

That's actually a good way to sell the system
I'm expected Sylux's face to have been burnt half off or something due to Federation ****ups. Maybe Sylux is the character you play as in Federation Fake Metroid
I could imagine something out of Berserk--Samus lifts Sylux's visor up, and the camera focuses on her horrified expression, before she pushes the visor down again. We never get to see Sylux's face.

Man I'm happy they confirmed that the ship was the Delano 7. It's taken forever to do that.

(Course I've voted for Sylux :p I made his Brawl support page, years and years ago.)

Last edited by a moderator:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
I could imagine something out of Berserk--Samus lifts Sylux's visor up, and the camera focuses on her horrified expression, before she pushes the visor down again. We never get to see Sylux's face.

Man I'm happy they confirmed that the ship was the Delano 7. It's taken forever to do that.

(Course I've voted for Sylux :p I made his Brawl support page, years and years ago.)
Beserk...Guts was from that, right? Heard it's still going

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
http://mynintendonews.com/2015/06/1...ime-federation-force-producer-tanabe-reveals/

With Samus confirmed to appear in Fed. Force, the possibility of Fed. Force tying into the future Prime 4 somehow is greater.

Leaving, of course, the question of whether Sylux could appear in Fed. Force as a boss character or something. This is said to be a mission based game, after all, so a kill team sent to hunt down Sylux would be very reminiscent of Hunters' opening cinematic.

Except you get the chance to win.

RidleyKraid187

Smash Journeyman
You Know What? Go ahead and sign me up. I don't care WHO it is anymore, I just Want a new Metroid rep! (and it certainly helps if he's gonna be in Prime 4...)

Wolley2xjd

Banned via Administration
Who knows if Ridley will be available at all.

And that's precisely why the backup plan in the form of Sylux exists. Next best thing.

I have a small section in the OP anyway to remind fans that I hold no ill will to Ridley.
Hey man I'll be happy that we'll get another Metroid Rep, and with that said if Rids ain't in Smash 5 then not buying it.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774

So the most likely newcomer for Metroid would still probably be a Federation Trooper.

Varia31

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Varia31
...so a kill team sent to hunt down Sylux would be very reminiscent of Hunters' opening cinematic.

Except you get the chance to win.
Or Sylux just shows up and decides it'll be fun to wreck your mission while you're trying to complete it. Y'know, just outta spite.
lol

Wait...What if one of the nameless feds become Sylux?
PLOT TWIST
Sylux is Samus' father, Rodney Aran! He's gone completely crazy ever since he blew himself up to keep those Pirates from K-2L's Afloraltite resources. He survived by the intervention of some random deus ex machina, developed a hatred for the Federation after witnessing their corruption, and then decided to steal their crap for his own personal use. Since he's no longer in his right mind, he doesn't recognize his own daughter, or her name, for that matter. And the beast-like roaring he makes? A modulator in his helmet he installed to help disguise him and intimidate his enemies... He's actually just yelling like a raving madman. o_o

.................................................... Naaaaaaaaahhhhh.

Last edited:

Grimnir

Smash Apprentice
Heh. I love how the Delano 7 thing caused so much controversy among the fans when Corruption first came out, and then all of a sudden 8 years later they casually mention that it really was Sylux. I did think he was pretty cool in Hunters, and if they ever actually do anything with him in the future, I'd be happy to see him in Smash.

Last edited:

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
Wait...What if one of the nameless feds become Sylux?
There's something I'd love to see.

Or Sylux just shows up and decides it'll be fun to wreck your mission while you're trying to complete it. Y'know, just outta spite.
lol

PLOT TWIST
Sylux is Samus' father, Rodney Aran! He's gone completely crazy ever since he blew himself up to keep those Pirates from K-2L's Afloraltite resources. He survived by the intervention of some random deus ex machina, developed a hatred for the Federation after witnessing their corruption, and then decided to steal their crap for his own personal use. Since he's no longer in his right mind, he doesn't recognize his own daughter, or her name, for that matter. And the beast-like roaring he makes? A modulator in his helmet he installed to help disguise him and intimidate his enemies... He's actually just yelling like a raving madman. o_o

.................................................... Naaaaaaaaahhhhh.
Well, Sylux hates the Feds, so it's fair to say it'd enjoy screwing with them.

Wonder how it would look under FF's art style.

Somehow that plot you proposed sounds like Big Hero 6 if it's justification for the villain were dumb, lol.

Heh. I love how the Delano 7 thing caused so much controversy among the fans when Corruption first came out, and then all of a sudden 8 years later they casually mention that it really was Sylux. I did think he was pretty cool in Hunters, and if they ever actually do anything with him in the future, I'd be happy to see him in Smash.
You support?

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
Im already a support but

I heard te great news that they want to make a story with sylux

And thank heavens samus is appearing in FF that would have caused a riot if she did not appear in that

And this true prime is for NX right? (Not smash 5 but.) woulden't it be too late for smash 4 dlc. For that.

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
Im already a support but

I heard te great news that they want to make a story with sylux

And thank heavens samus is appearing in FF that would have caused a riot if she did not appear in that

And this true prime is for NX right? (Not smash 5 but.) woulden't it be too late for smash 4 dlc. For that.
It's most likely that Prime 4 could be for the NX, but I have his sinking feeling that it could undergo a Twilight Princess-esque situation and be on the Wii U and the NX.

People said that it was late for the Inklings in Smash 4 and yet, post patch, they got all of Mii costumes and a trophy. I certainly don't think it's late at all for Sylux.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
I just want to say, if more information about Sylux are released for the futur Metroid game and if i found another computer for have another vote. I think i would with no hesitation give Sylux my vote! :) (Also i totally not change my avatar because of what i see in this thread, totally not.:4littlemac::4roy:)

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
I just want to say, if more information about Sylux are released for the futur Metroid game and if i found another computer for have another vote. I think i would with no hesitation give Sylux my vote! :) (Also i totally not change my avatar because of what i see in this thread, totally not.:4littlemac::4roy:)
Should I consider you a supporter, then?

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Should I consider you a supporter, then?
I don't know, i will enjoy alot Sylux inclusion because of mulitple reason but i still want Dark Samus or Ridley to be in the game (But i think that this two will never happen, right?)and i don't voted for him now. So....hum....you know what? Make me a supporter, i still think that Sylux deserve a place to represent the Metroid Franchise with Samus and that this gameplay could be very fun if it's excuted well. Also the tear of the Metroid Fanboy will be delicious. So make me a supporter! This is going to be fun.

Last edited:

Varia31

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Varia31
Somehow that plot you proposed sounds like Big Hero 6 if it's justification for the villain were dumb, lol.
Now that I think about it... yeah, it does! Could you imagine Samus' reaction if she found out that Sylux was actually her father? That would sure cause some... er... intensity.

I'm really hoping Sylux pops up in Federation Force, but I won't be too surprised if it doesn't. Still, as we previously talked about, it's great that they're wanting to include it more.

Hapajin

Smash Apprentice
What if Sylux is Ian Malkovich who survived the explosion, and is salty that Adam and Samus left him, thus the hatred?

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
What a strange turn of events... It's nice to finally have a confirmation on the ending of Prime 3 after nearly 8 years. I'll admit, I hardly know anything about the character because I never bothered to play Hunters but it'll be interesting to see how things develop.

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
What if Sylux is Ian Malkovich who survived the explosion, and is salty that Adam and Samus left him, thus the hatred?
Speculation fuel everywhere.

What a strange turn of events... It's nice to finally have a confirmation on the ending of Prime 3 after nearly 8 years. I'll admit, I hardly know anything about the character because I never bothered to play Hunters but it'll be interesting to see how things develop.
This story wasn't going to go unresolved forever, bro. You give a character the very expandable backstory of "hates GF and Samus" and expect not to elaborate on that? Granted Weavel is a Space Pirate and he's gotten jack.

At least they did.

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
I do support King K. Rool, but there's no harm in supporting a different villain as far as I'm concerned.

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
And we've officially hit 50 supporters.

Not bad for a Metroid character, since we all know what the deal is with this series.

POKEMANSPIKA

Smash Master
NNID
POKEMANSPIKA
Originally, I was against Sylux being in Smash because I thought he was just another random hunter. After learning that Sylux has a bigger role than any other hunter and is somewhat important, I support him. He seems cool and has a nice design. Add me to the support list.

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
So, news hit that the single player of Federation Forces is going to feature Samus as the Single Player main character? So does this mean it's not just a co-op game? :054:

Top Bottom