• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Enemy Of The Federation - Sylux For SSB4 DLC! Discussion moved to social group.

Freduardo

Smash Champion
Before you read further, don't get your hopes up.

So this just happened:

If you've been following Smash news, then the Mario Maker stage also releases the 30th for Smash, and it's speculated to have a big update wth it. The coincidence is way too good, but I'm not putting much stock in it myself. That small glimmer of hope is there, though.

Either way, nice that Japan now has an easy way to see just where Sylux came from.
That's cool!

So... uhm.... will it have wifi play? Cause that was kind of important in that game.

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
That's cool!

So... uhm.... will it have wifi play? Cause that was kind of important in that game.
I hear people on Reddit saying that Mario Kart DS, another DS game that had great online, doesn't have Wi-Fi play as a VC game. So I wouldn't bet on Hunters having online on the Wii U.

Dunno about local multiplayer though, that's still up in the air. But it's still nice that Hunters is going to make it to the service somehow.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

It is also funny to note that almost every Metroid games that have been re-released on the Virtual Console get released first in Japan, the country known for not being as fan of the series as the West.

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
Footage has surfaced of the Virtual Console port of Hunters.

Granted this is not as indicative as it would be in practice, but it looks off to me. Then again, I've never touched a VC port of a DS game.

Anyways, 3 days left on the ballot, guys. I'm throwing in a few more votes for Sylux in this time.

Varia31

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Varia31
I threw in another vote! Hopefully Sylux has a good chance, but as much as I hate to say it, I'm not getting my hopes up too high. Still, we always have hope! And with the recently confirmed appearance in Corruption and the high chances for the next Prime installment, I think it still has a shot at getting into Smash Bros. later on (assuming another one comes, which I'm sure there would be).

As for Hunters, I really want that (and Zero Mission) to get released on the U.S. eShop, and soon. Even if the multiplayer doesn't work, there's still bots to mess around with, and the campaign so you have something to do. Point being, I'd buy it. I still have my DS version, but... big screen. ;)

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Remember that this poll isn't just for Smash. I don't doubt Nintendo will make use of the results in other projects so even if you don't think Stylux will make it, your vote might count towards a future appearance.

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
As an oddball pick, I can see it happening at this point, but given the fanservice comment I wouldn't expect oddballs too much.

Still, we just have to wait and see this play out.

The One Who Wrote This

Great Robo Cup Champion
NNID
Cyberking1994
3DS FC
1719-3182-9276
As an oddball pick, I can see it happening at this point, but given the fanservice comment I wouldn't expect oddballs too much.

Still, we just have to wait and see this play out.
Careful optimism is key in scenarios like this. Gotta have hopes that Sylux gets in, but also don't set hopes up too high just in case Nintendo takes the "safe route". I personally hope that Ray (Custom Robo series), Sylux, and Dark Matter make it in, but I am not going to set my expectations too high.

I'm sure we'll do fine though. This ballot can definitely reinvigorate certain characters like Sylux and Ray due to Nintendo seeing demand in them. Plus, if they don't make it here, they could always appear in Smash 5. :)

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
Careful optimism is key in scenarios like this. Gotta have hopes that Sylux gets in, but also don't set hopes up too high just in case Nintendo takes the "safe route". I personally hope that Ray (Custom Robo series), Sylux, and Dark Matter make it in, but I am not going to set my expectations too high.

I'm sure we'll do fine though. This ballot can definitely reinvigorate certain characters like Sylux and Ray due to Nintendo seeing demand in them. Plus, if they don't make it here, they could always appear in Smash 5. :)
Of course. I remind myself that it's not all that likely for Sylux to actually make it, but keep that small chance in order to maintain a balance between hope and skepticism, to avoid disappointment.

Varia31

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Varia31
And in the end, at least Nintendo can see that there is a demand for Metroid characters, so they'll at least have that to consider for the future.

I have the utmost hope for Sylux, but I am prepared to not see it make it in. I have a feeling the Mii Gunner is gonna get Federation Marine mech suits to go with Federation Force's release in the future later. Heh...

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
Some extensive polling results have come in and the results for our Hunter are surprising(if not massively impressive).

s.PNG

Overall as a newcomer, it's ranked 80th. While not impressive in practice, it's still the third highest rated Metroid newcomer after the denied duo. In it's individual section(rating for series with characters already), it did far better, in 27th place, amazingly.

The audience is definitely there.

Varia31

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Varia31
Some extensive polling results have come in and the results for our Hunter are surprising(if not massively impressive).

View attachment 77112

Overall as a newcomer, it's ranked 80th. While not impressive in practice, it's still the third highest rated Metroid newcomer after the denied duo. In it's individual section(rating for series with characters already), it did far better, in 27th place, amazingly.

The audience is definitely there.
So wait, is this actually data somehow gathered from the Ballot? Or just a poll that SourceGaming was holding?

Either way, 80th overall, and 27th for the 2nd section, is actually really high placing out of the grand scheme of characters. Very impressive!

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Very surprising considering Daisy was ranked 121 and she's a Mario mainstay.

The One Who Wrote This

Great Robo Cup Champion
NNID
Cyberking1994
3DS FC
1719-3182-9276
Eh, that's not bad overall! :)

In the global poll, Sylux is in the top 18.3%. Being in the top 20% ain't too bad IMHO. :)

For the specific poll, he is in the top 23.9%. Still not bad when there are 113 contenders within that bunch.

Edit: An interesting point that someone named Delzethin mentioned in the comments section of the site:

Delzethin said:
I still don’t know how good of an idea it was to base the rankings on average vote rating. With something like this, you’re going to get a bunch of deliberate 1 votes toward characters who have loud detractors or who are seen as a threat by vocal fans of other characters. In a way, setting it up like this is more a way to gauge which characters have the largest or loudest bandwagons or the smallest anti-bandwagons, to see which ones the fanbase thinks you’re “supposed” to like.

I guess we’ll have to see how accurate this ends up being toward which characters actually make it. I doubt any of us will end up being on the mark, heh.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Thought as much.

I am curious to see who makes it. Hopefully we can see, soon! I have a feeling K. Rool or Wolf will be top contenders.
Mhm, I'm almost completely sure that new DLC will be Wolf and/or Snake, with possibly another completely new character. I hope for Sylux, but I can't say I'd give good odds.

Top Bottom