• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Enemy Of The Federation - Sylux For SSB4 DLC! Discussion moved to social group.

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
Been looking around on Tumblr some more and I came across another Sylux analysis.

Doesn't do much else different except highlight that the series is in a bad position and that additional content for the series for Smash should be put on the back burner until it recovers, especially for a character that is clearly not the more requested one. And a lot of the cons resemble the complaints from RTC on Sylux's day, except, no incredibly obvious bias for purple dragons.

Cons: Well, that all-important fourth game still hasn’t happened, and if it ever does won’t for some time.Smash can easily advertise new games, but doing the same for theoretical games is something of a tall order.

In the meantime, it’s not as though Hunters treats Sylux differently from or greater than his non-Samus counterparts, and his trophy in Brawl - an honor shared by all of them - doesn’t emphasize his importance over them. It’s a bit like the problem with Mario spinoff characters, except if Daisy or Waluigi had only appeared in a single, somewhat forgotten game.

Plus, his chances are only better due to the two much better Metroid choices already having been used in non-playable roles, with Dark Samus as an Assist Trophy and Ridley as a boss. I’ve advocated for some characters being able to succeed from that, but it’s a lot less justifiable when Sylux has barely appeared in a series that, again, has always prioritized its environments, exploration, and main character over its supporting cast.

Final Thoughts: When discussing new Metroid content, it’s hard not to notice a discrepancy in what it got for this installment. At the time of Brawl‘s release, the series was enjoying an unprecedented high of success and goodwill, and what it got in the game reflected that: an alternate version of its main character, two stages and bosses, and a wide selection of music. Metroid finally managed to live up to its potential and quality in a commercial environment.

Then, Other M came out, looked at the mountaintop the series had climbed for the past eight years (after another eight-year dormancy), and decided to jump the hell off. For a franchise that had moved into such a plum position, it killed a great deal of its goodwill with fans, something that’s just happened with the unveiling of Federation Force. Many fans have fixated on that game in particular as for why they didn’t enjoy Nintendo’s E3 presentation this year, and it’s going to take some time for Metroid to get back to where it once was.

In the meantime, Smash could theoretically help with that, but while he has done it in the past Sakurai can’t be expected to revitalize every franchise his games touch. There’s a lot of benefits Nintendo andSmash could get from more Metroid content, but it needs to get back to the symbol of unerring quality that made it so loved. Until then, new content - especially a character who very noticeably isn’t the most wanted newcomer from his own series - might need to be placed on the back burner.
And from SSB4Dojo again, they seem to be getting a lot of anonymous questions about Sylux. No, none of those are from me, I don't even use Tumblr despite having an account.

s.PNG

Douglas Jay Ganon

Smash Apprentice
Been looking around on Tumblr some more and I came across another Sylux analysis.

Doesn't do much else different except highlight that the series is in a bad position and that additional content for the series for Smash should be put on the back burner until it recovers, especially for a character that is clearly not the more requested one. And a lot of the cons resemble the complaints from RTC on Sylux's day, except, no incredibly obvious bias for purple dragons.

And from SSB4Dojo again, they seem to be getting a lot of anonymous questions about Sylux. No, none of those are from me, I don't even use Tumblr despite having an account.

View attachment 62486
Man I'm so hyped for that. Like, a race between Bounty Hunters to get that bounty, trying to mess each other plans. Imagine the possibilities. Even like a city or something like Mass Effect where you can talk with people and get clues about how to continue the adventure, or buying upgrades to get ahead of Sylux, while he does the same.

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
Oh, this just keeps getting better.

http://www.gamnesia.com/news/metroi...the-dark-samus-story-is-complete#.Va6bEPlVikq

CG Mag: So for the story, will you be carrying over any of the story elements we saw in the previous Metroid Prime games into this one?

Tanabe: So the story around Basin and Dark Samus in my mind is already complete. The previous games completed those stories. But Are you familiar with the ending of Prime 3?

CG Mag: Yes.

Tanabe: Sylux is one of the hunters that was in Metroid Prime Hunters. So in Metroid Prime 3, there’s sort of hints where Sylux is sort of there. In a way to sort of create that potential for the story, between Samus and Sylux. I’d like to have that with a focus on the Federation Force as well.

CG Mag: So it is tying together a universe?

Tanabe: That is the focus of Federation Force. It works in a similar way to the Avengers where they had individual movies focus in on one hero and now this is the team up that brings it all together.

CG Mag: So kind of telling the stories of each hero.

Tanabe: So while we’re not carrying anything related to Dark Samus in the huge universe of Metroid Prime, I do have ideas on how to tie them with that universe of the previous games.
So, effectively, Tanabe has said that wants to have a three way conflict between Samus, Sylux and the Federation, and by making a comparison to the Marvel Cinematic Universe, this is one of those gateway games before Prime 4.

You know what this means?

Sylux confirmed for Federation Force. It might not be as explicit as the Prime 4 confirmation, but it's there.

These next few months will be interesting.

Last edited:

Varia31

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Varia31
I'm happy to see that Tanabe really wants to use Federation Force to expand the universe of Metroid more, and the fact that he wants Samus to at least have a role in the game, and even potentially bring in Sylux, says a lot. Honestly the more I hear of the game, the more I want to play it. If Sylux does indeed show up in Federation Force, then this could certainly help to build it as a prominent character as well. So if it does show up, that would make FOUR games that it will be in! Hunters, Corruption, Federation Force, Prime 4. Ohhh, this is getting better and better!

Phrygisian

Smash Rookie
NNID
kelsilver9
3DS FC
4081-6733-0493
I support this 100%. It makes perfect sense for Sylux to be in, really. Just hope he is involved heavily in MPFF so that it has an even greater chance to get in Smash.

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
We've officially passed 60 supporters. Still nothing compared to the big leagues, but fantastic nonetheless for a Metroid character.

D

Deleted member

YES! :bee:

I'm not sure how certain it is that Sylux will be in Federation Force. I hope "he" is though (and it'd also be cool to have a Weavel cameo). Would this topic welcome some Sylux backstory speculation and thoughts? I'll try to keep as much of it as possible based on conjectures from the games.

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
YES! :bee:

I'm not sure how certain it is that Sylux will be in Federation Force. I hope "he" is though (and it'd also be cool to have a Weavel cameo). Would this topic welcome some Sylux backstory speculation and thoughts? I'll try to keep as much of it as possible based on conjectures from the games.
By looking at the article above, I think there's a solid chance for Sylux to appear in Federation Force. It's a perfect way to begin buildup assuming the game acts as a prequel as per the Avengers comparison.

There really isn't much to talk about Smash-wise for Sylux(still waiting on that moveset @ The One Who Wrote This The One Who Wrote This ) as of current, so sure, let's have some small speculation talk.

The One Who Wrote This

Great Robo Cup Champion
NNID
Cyberking1994
3DS FC
1719-3182-9276
By looking at the article above, I think there's a solid chance for Sylux to appear in Federation Force. It's a perfect way to begin buildup assuming the game acts as a prequel as per the Avengers comparison.

There really isn't much to talk about Smash-wise for Sylux(still waiting on that moveset @ The One Who Wrote This The One Who Wrote This ) as of current, so sure, let's have some small speculation talk.
I'll get that moveset completed ASAP. Finishing up my last week of college for the summer semester, so I'm kinda busy with finals at the moment. I'll post it on here ASAP mate. :)

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
If anyone was watching SGDQ today, I was there during the Metroid Prime Hunters run(done in 1:23:12 iirc with some sick sequence breaking), and you may or may not have seen a few SYLUX4SMASH comments in the chat. I actually got a few others to blurt it out.

:happysheep:

D

Deleted member

SPECULATION AHOY!

Let’s look at what is actually known about Sylux, and our best guesses about it.
  • How much do we (and Samus) really know about Sylux?
Sylux's logbook entries from Prime Hunters state that:

"This hunter's power suit appears to be based on a Federation prototype and possesses extraordinary offensive and defensive capabilities. Sylux's weapon is the Shock Coil, a banned technology that fires charged blasts of high-density neutrinos."
"Sylux's alternate form, the Lockjaw, may consist of stolen prototype Federation technology. It allows the user to transform into two tetracarbon ceramic-alloy blades joined by an energy thread. Its principal method of attack is to weave a network of explosive trip wire."
The logbook is presumably in-universe information (as in, nothing is explained to us that Samus couldn't read herself). Samus' logbook in the Prime series is known to be connected to a central bank of data, so presumably the information she can access on Sylux is the most accurate available. To her, at least. Interestingly, the logbook doesn't sound completely clear on Sylux. The logbook could be being purposefully vague, as we know a little more about Sylux (namely that it hates the Federation) from online guides and manuals than the logbook data. I really doubt that the Federation would outrightly state exactly what Sylux is and where it came from. Most likely to me is that the Federation is trying to pass Sylux off as a terrorist who has simply stolen the suit for their own purposes. There's not much at this point that would cause Samus to distrust anything the Federation tells her.

And even the fact that Federation was reverse-engineering her suit shouldn't have come as much of a shock (though it probably caused Samus to ask some hard questions, if she didn't already authorise it).

We know that Hunters is set between Prime 1 and Prime 2. In Prime 1 we hear that the Pirates are experimenting with morph ball technology, with painful results, which probably explains why the Pirate-themed bounty hunter Weavel doesn't have a morph ball alt-mode. Sylux doesn't either, but its alt-form is much closer to Samus', which suggests that the Federation is closer to replicating Samus' suit than the Pirates are. Maybe this shouldn't be too surprising: Samus' suit was fitted with the PED add-on to enable her to process the phazon in her body in Corruption, whilst she was unconscious, and Samus can easily add Federation-issue missiles to her arsenal. By the time Fusion rocks around the Federation has apparently completely succeeded in reproducing the Varia Suit (or at least its unique abilities, which suggests that Samus' Fusion Suit is physically modified by the download) as digital data.​

• Why does Sylux hate the Federation?
Speculation warning!

I don't think that Sylux has a weak reason for hating the Federation. My gut tells me that any person(?) who wants to access the greatest weapon of mass destruction ever created to destroy the Federation has a good reason (at least in its own mind) to do so.

This is somewhat supported by the secretive, ambiguous answers given in the logbook scans--it gives some credibility to the idea that Sylux was a "black ops" project requested by the higher elite of the Federation, and which they want kept as secret as possible. A project which went horribly wrong somehow, given the result. I can't imagine that one of the Federation's secret projects could be easily stolen by a complete outsider. The person (?) inside the suit certainly doesn't seem like a rank amateur when it comes to military training: Sylux is described as an expert marksman and tracker, and its ability to shadow Samus in Corruption is further evidence of this. We don't know how long Sylux has been operating for, but presumably it’s been a while, as Sylux has a reputation in the galaxy.

But there's another side to Sylux too. Sylux roars ferociously in the opening of Hunters, after having pulverised a Fed Trooper to death, and presumably right before it destroys the trooper's squad mates. Sylux also roars whenever its hit in Hunters--whatever's inside that suit, it sounds inhumanely aggressive. If Sylux is a human (and that would certainly be dramatic), then it literally sounds as if its humanity is slipping away. Yet it's still quite capable of intelligent and measured action, and must know that a head-on assault of Federation headquarters would be suicide.

My theory is that the Federation troopers we see Sylux engaging in the Hunters opening were part of a commando team sent to capture it and bring it in. The Federation may be concerned that Sylux could on its technology or any information it knows (presumably the information that the Federation had leading to the creation of Sylux was destroyed, as I don't see any more syluxes in the series), and the more people like Samus learn about Sylux, the more they could ask awkward questions that cannot be answered. But at the same time they can't risk sending an army after it and drawing attention to their chase.

This doesn't explain why Sylux could reveal any information it has about the Federation though. Perhaps it thinks that anything it says wouldn't be believed, because the Federation is seen as a paragon of truth and order in the galaxy. Perhaps it just doesn't know anything, other than the experiments and training it received.​

• How could Sylux impact the Metroid series?
Tanabe has stated that he wants to see a Sylux and Samus story in the next major Prime game. Whether Samus and Sylux will be enemies is unknown, but I think they will be, at least for the most part.

We now know that it was Sylux's ship chasing Samus at the end of Corruption. Presumably there's a reason Sylux didn't just drop out of hyperspace ten seconds earlier and decide to blast Samus' Hunter gunship to bits. Maybe it thought that it was still no match for Samus. Maybe it wants to ally with her. Maybe (and this is the thinking I favour) it wants her to lead it to a source of great power it can use against the Federation.

There could be problems caused by a direct Samus/Sylux alliance in Prime 4, if it is set directly after Corruption but before Metroid 2. Samus shouldn't completely learn about the darker parts of the Federation until after Super Metroid at least, to preserve a coherent timeline (of course Other M already **** all over that by having Samus learn about the Fed's dodgy dealings at the end of that game, before she works for them again in Fusion!). If Samus and Sylux were allies, then perhaps Sylux would reveal some information to her about its past. Or not--maybe Sylux is just too secretive to let anyone else in. Either way, I think some elements of Sylux's backstory will be revealed in a Prime 4; maybe a few scannable titbits will link Sylux to some named planets or people in the past, by way of inference (Dark Souls style).

Post-Fusion is a different matter though. As Samus is on the run from the Federation, perhaps Sylux could genuinely ally with her, or at least offer assistance. Perhaps Samus could contact some of her old friends in the Federation (Admiral Dane, Anthony Higgs), but feel torn between handing herself in to them and trying to bring the Federation to justice by exposing their crimes, or destroying it alongside Sylux. Who knows? It's fertile ground for a story at least, as long as Sakamoto is willing to openly use Prime-originated story elements in the mainline series.

For the purpose of gameplay, Sylux might make a more fresh villain than Ridley (don't shoot me!). Sylux seems like an incredibly dark character, but is still human. True, Ridley ate Samus' mum, but there's no hint of that in the actual games themselves. Ridley doesn't talk, as he does in the manga, and he's been seen, fought and defeated so many times that he's no longer quite as scary anymore (which is exactly why people reacted so badly to that infamous scene in Other M). If Sylux made a small number of awesome appearances in the series, scattered throughout the timeline, it might help to sell the image of a dark rival character better than even Dark Samus.​

• Is Sylux someone Samus knows?
People have suggested all sorts of things for Sylux. I have my own theories, but really you could make any number of highly plausible theories.

Sylux could be an empty suit android controlled by a mind-upload AI (like Adam's in Fusion), but that would preclude Samus learning this fact until after Fusion, as Samus clearly states in Fusion that she wasn't previously aware that minds were uploaded to computers. But it could be a cool twist for the suit that everyone wants taken off to actually contain nothing at all, and if there were problems with the upload it could certainly explain Sylux's hatred for the Feds.

Sylux can't be Adam, as we saw Adam die (presumably) and besides, Other M is set after Hunters. Obviously it can't be Higgs either.

Sylux could be Ian Malkovich (Adam's brother). There's nothing to suggest Sylux couldn't be, as the explosion which apparently killed Ian took place long before Hunters. It'd make an interesting plot twist, but I hope to god that it would be handled with maturity.

Or Sylux could be any number of other characters we don't know about yet. Who knows?

Sylux's suit does look a bit feminine (note the small waist and large hips/thighs and upper body), but that's no clear indication that it is female. Samus' suit (especially the Varia suit) looks particularly masculine, at least before Other M. Even the slim line Fusion Suit has wide shoulders--wider in fact that should be biologically possible if Samus were to fit inside it. Sylux's waist looks smaller than is biologically possible for a human too (and I'm presuming that Sylus is a human here). So perhaps Sylux's suit has the proportions it does just for stylistic effect, and maybe further games will refine it, just as the Delano 7 was refined for Corruption.​

• What do I think?
What little evidence we have suggests to me that Sylux was a secret project authorised by the Federation. The Federation may have been concerned over Samus leaving their direct control after Ian Malkovich’s death and how she could use the information she had on them. At the same time they probably coveted her suit for their own purposes. The appeal of a "Samus clone" was probably too much to resist.

So someone of "potential" and with military training was selected to be the prototype warrior for a new class of soldiers based on Samus.

Here it gets very speculative, but my favourite fanfic idea is that the Federation was actually raising a group of young, teenaged orphans in the hope of exactly replicating the conditions which led to the Samus we know and love. The marines were raised in a controlled environment to be the ultimate commando soldiers, but never expressively told about what their final purpose would be (perhaps they were just told they were at a highly elite training school). The Federation didn't have the technology to replicate the bio-engineering that Samus went through when she was younger to enhance her abilities (blood transfusion from a Chozo my arse), so they implanted the orphans with chips that produced drugs (or something like that) to boost their powers instead. Prolonged exposure lead to psychological trauma and madness, and a whole range of other side-effects. Anyone starting to show negative effects after time was "removed" from the program before they could go wild, and never seen again, with the excuse given that they had graduated and been transferred to a unit elsewhere.

The person that became Sylux was the only one to make it through the training unscathed, but somehow discovered the truth about the drugs and wrecked the training facility in rage, stealing the suit and the ship in the process. In the process they sustained life-threatening, Darth Vader level injuries, making their existence outside of the suit very difficult. Sylux now seeks to right the wrongs of the Federation, according to a very strict (but twisted) moral code--are you with it, or against it?

Or not. Could be just a five-day old clone of Samus, Adam, or Samus and Adam's magic half-human, half-chozo baby.
Baby. Baby. Baby. Baby. Baby.

Any objections Liquid?

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

Fix'd. ;)

Haha, anyways, nice post! Lots of great speculation here.
Hah, dammit, I knew there was a mistake in this! Ah well, thanks for pointing this out.

Last edited by a moderator:

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
Sylux can't use the Omega Cannon.
Creative liberties.

Samus has never had a Zero Laser nor can she pilot her gunship and shoot people in the games, Bowser never had a Giga Bowser form, etc, etc.

Even so, it's just a placeholder. The likelier Final Smash is the Delano 7 anyway.

MOM Samus

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MOM_Samus_1
Creative liberties.

Samus has never had a Zero Laser nor can she pilot her gunship and shoot people in the games, Bowser never had a Giga Bowser form, etc, etc.

Even so, it's just a placeholder. The likelier Final Smash is the Delano 7 anyway.
No, it's cool. I like it. I like the idea of having a Metroid character wield a weapon so powerful it's called an abomination by even gods themselves. And if he were to make an appearance in Smash, it'd be weird of him NOT to have it, because he'd pretty much have all the other Hunters' weapons.

I was ONLY saying my previous postt because technically (or at least I'm pretty sure), the Omega Cannon would kill a 'human' like Sylux in one go. Samus was powerful enough to handle its destructive power, so Idk for sure. Just made me think it if harms the gods who use them, it would obliterate humans that used it.

MOM Samus

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MOM_Samus_1
See what the posts above me said.

Even so, you can't deny how awesome it would be to literally nuke everyone. ;)
Sure thing. ;) (Sorry for a lame and boring notif by quoting you...)
Sylux can in Multiplier Mode. Anyone on Oubliette can use it if they grab the power-up.

That being said, Sylux never uses it in Single Player mode. Sooooo, Delano 7 might be a more likely FS for it.
I'm not arguing, but everyone using it in the Multiplayer mode is more of a gameplay element, not a story element. It's iconic and fitting to have that mass destruction cannon on the Oubliette level in that mode. And it is still a gameplay element when it travels very slowly because that'd be kinda unfair to other players having a cannon that fires at high speeds and will 1 shot ya.

And another reason I said what I said is because Gorea steals all the weapons from the other fighters. He, or more fitting, 'it' does the same thing to Samus, but she leaves untouched. They would've made it clear that Samus would lose those weps when it happened to her. Perhaps that's why no other hunters could harness the very power of the Omega Cannon. Just some thoughts, really.

Last edited:

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
No, it's cool. I like it. I like the idea of having a Metroid character wield a weapon so powerful it's called an abomination by even gods themselves. And if he were to make an appearance in Smash, it'd be weird of him NOT to have it, because he'd pretty much have all the other Hunters' weapons.

I was ONLY saying my previous postt because technically (or at least I'm pretty sure), the Omega Cannon would kill a 'human' like Sylux in one go. Samus was powerful enough to handle its destructive power, so Idk for sure. Just made me think it if harms the gods who use them, it would obliterate humans that used it.

I'm not arguing, but everyone using it in the Multiplayer mode is more of a gameplay element, not a story element. It's iconic and fitting to have that mass destruction cannon on the Oubliette level in that mode. And it is still a gameplay element when it travels very slowly because that'd be kinda unfair to other players having a cannon that fires at high speeds and will 1 shot ya.

And another reason I said what I said is because Gorea steals all the weapons from the other fighters. He, or more fitting, 'it' does the same thing to Samus, but she leaves untouched. They would've made it clear that Samus would lose those weps when it happened to her. Perhaps that's why no other hunters could harness the very power of the Omega Cannon. Just some thoughts, really.
Both options represent Hunters well either way. And really, as I said above, canon doesn't matter in Smash to a massive extent. Sylux can and should be able to use the Affinity Weapons and Omega Cannon in Smash because it would make a fun and diverse moveset.

You support, by the way?

MOM Samus

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MOM_Samus_1
Both options represent Hunters well either way. And really, as I said above, canon doesn't matter in Smash to a massive extent. Sylux can and should be able to use the Affinity Weapons and Omega Cannon in Smash because it would make a fun and diverse moveset.

You support, by the way?
Sure, I was actually coming back here to pencil me down for the support. I read your massive inclusion thread. ;)

I wanted Dark Samus in (because why not? Already have Metroid reps, both of which are Samus.) XD

Right. Because if Smash were canon, ZS would have those Jet Boots (in Other M). But that's a good addition for her moveset because how else would she fly and do a Boost Kick? And humans can't double jump without some propulsion. Flying is way more realistic than jumping twice, so I think we all agree Smash is not canon.

Last edited:

MOM Samus

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MOM_Samus_1
Anything for the glory of Metroid, I will support. And anything against it, I will detest.

The One Who Wrote This

Great Robo Cup Champion
NNID
Cyberking1994
3DS FC
1719-3182-9276

No worries mate! If talking about Story Canon, then the only Canon user of the Omega Cannon is Samus Aran through her Arm Cannon. :) Sakurai does like to have some leniency when it comes down to Canon material (i.e. Robin being able to use Dark Tomes while not a Dark Sorcerer/Mage, Ness being able to use PK Fire & Thunder, R.O.B. being able to shoot lasers and deliver tombstones), so the Omega Cannon COULD possibly be used. However, you do have a point regarding Gorea and the whole affinity weapon thing.

I'd prefer a Delano 7 FS anyways. Seems more unique (I don't think there is a Final Smash that summons a ship that supports you yet [you ride the vehicle for Fox, Falco, and ZSS though], so Delano 7 would be a unique FS). Still, having a nuke for a FS would be pretty cool. Delano 7 would be more Canon and true to character though.

But yeah, no need to worry about starting an argument with me mate. I actually like these kind of stimulating debates (they create more unique and vivid ideas). The only real way to get me pretty angry is to insult me or say that "x game/character that I support sucks because reasons".

You're fine in my eyes mate! Welcome to the Hunter's Guild! :)

Last edited:

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
Sure, I was actually coming back here to pencil me down for the support. I read your massive inclusion thread. ;)

I wanted Dark Samus in (because why not? Already have Metroid reps, both of which are Samus.) XD

Right. Because if Smash were canon, ZS would have those Jet Boots (in Other M). But that's a good addition for her moveset because how else would she fly and do a Boost Kick? And humans can't double jump without some propulsion. Flying is way more realistic than jumping twice, so I think we all agree Smash is not canon.
Triple Samus on the roster would feel rather redundant, though, despite me adoring the idea of Dark Samus in Smash.

Just...remember not to make any double posts, lol.

MOM Samus

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MOM_Samus_1
Did I double post? Or are you saying not to post twice in a row...like so? (I'm still new here.)

Just to mention: the Shock Coil (used as it is in Hunters) would be super OP. Firing actual visible neutrinos? Only time you see those is when a star explodes. No wonder such tech was banned by the GF.

Last edited:

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
Did I double post? Or are you saying not to post twice in a row...like so? (I'm still new here.)

Just to mention: the Shock Coil (used as it is in Hunters) would be super OP. Firing actual visible neutrinos? Only time you see those is when a star explodes. No wonder such tech was banned by the GF.
Don't post twice in a row, that's considered spam. Make sure to use the edit button beneath your post. :)

Neutrinos are harmless in reality, though, but considering this is fictionland, of course it would be lethal. I'm sure it would be balanced out for Smash.

MOM Samus

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MOM_Samus_1
Don't post twice in a row, that's considered spam. Make sure to use the edit button beneath your post. :)

Neutrinos are harmless in reality, though, but considering this is fictionland, of course it would be lethal. I'm sure it would be balanced out for Smash.
Thanks for looking out! Didn't even know about it.

I think they even made it a point for the Shock Coil to be lethal. It's banned. Worded "HIGH DENSITY". Cheaply kills all bosses. Things with Smash, characters get nerfed and buffed before even getting placed in. Everyone's power is around the same level in Smash because what fun would it be to fight a demon king as a boxer, fully canon?

Also, what is this I hear about Sylux not being Adam/Anthony? I think we all have guesses that Sylux is human. What makes it seems it is not those two? (It is possible for Sylux to be both of them, but that's something large I'd rather not get into).

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
Also, what is this I hear about Sylux not being Adam/Anthony? I think we all have guesses that Sylux is human. What makes it seems it is not those two? (It is possible for Sylux to be both of them, but that's something large I'd rather not get into).
@WindGuru's long as hell post above provides some insight on that matter.

D

Deleted member

Something else I've thought of (actually it was Reddit that got me thinking): Sylux is a lot like Boba Fett.

Both are mysterious, aloof bounty hunters who we know almost nothing about (at least before Episode II came out...). Both do not remove their helmets. Both use a variety of cool gadgets. Heck even the name of Sylux's ship (Delano 7) is very reminsicent of Boba's (Slave 1).

And beyond that, that famous scene at the end of Corruption, with Sylux chasing after Samus, is really like the scene in Empire Strikes Back where Boba Fett follows Han Solo.

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
Sylux would make for an interesting addition to Smash Bros.
Samus represents a more retro version of the character.

And Sylux could represent Prime and Hunters! Sign me up as a supporter.

Last edited:

The One Who Wrote This

Great Robo Cup Champion
NNID
Cyberking1994
3DS FC
1719-3182-9276
Something else I've thought of (actually it was Reddit that got me thinking): Sylux is a lot like Boba Fett.

Both are mysterious, aloof bounty hunters who we know almost nothing about (at least before Episode II came out...). Both do not remove their helmets. Both use a variety of cool gadgets. Heck even the name of Sylux's ship (Delano 7) is very reminsicent of Boba's (Slave 1).

And beyond that, that famous scene at the end of Corruption, with Sylux chasing after Samus, is really like the scene in Empire Strikes Back where Boba Fett follows Han Solo.
Also, both characters were revealed in a sidestory that takes place after the 1st game/movie. IIRC, Boba Fett's first non-County Fair parade appearance was in the Star Wars Christmas Episode. It took place after Episode IV and before Episode V (much like Metroid Prime Hunters [though that game came out after Echoes]).

For some reason, I imagine both Boba Fett and Sylux talking to each other across a table with hot chocolate in their mugs and Santa Hats on their heads.

Sylux would make for an interesting addition to Smash Bros.
Samus represents a more retro version of the character.

And Sylux could represent Prime and Hunters! Sign me up as a supporter.
Welcome to the guild mate! :)

Last edited:

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
With my newfound access to a wider variety of materials in an improved Photoshop, this thread now has...

...an improved splash card.

Honestly, this looks damn near legit. The flare in the text, the correct font...

It's beautiful.

Last edited:
Top Bottom