• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Elsword

FPSWalrus

Smash Ace
NNID
TehKingOfWalrus
WAIT
SO IF I LEVEL UP MY LORD KNIGHT ONE LEVEL
ONE OF MY CHARACTERS GETS A FREE RIDE TO 70?
WTF LOLOL

VinceX

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0361-7328-0581
Used the 70 boost on my 50 Mastermind, then I didn't really felt like playing after that :V

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
Conveniently I have an Empress at 68 70ish% :secretkpop:

So wait, there's a freebie "jump someone to 70 for doing nothing" event too?

I'm a little conflicted because the only thing I can even think of wanting to jump would be an Empress on my main account (my current CEm is on a different account, long story) but then I'd be leaving behind a B-slot, magic necklace, Naho, Ice Hameling, skill notes...I think I already have every other class I cared about at 50+ though, lol

Then again, I suppose I could make a CrA to screw around with in Ereda. Got sick of her around lv20-30 every time I tried making one before.

Last edited:

FPSWalrus

Smash Ace
NNID
TehKingOfWalrus
LOL GUYS
IT GAVE ME THE RETURNING HERO CUBE
AND INSIDE WAS A FREE LEVEL UP ITEM
LMAO I HIT 70 IN THE LAMEST WAY

FPSWalrus

Smash Ace
NNID
TehKingOfWalrus
hey guys ho shouold i boost to 70
my deadly chaser, blazing heart, or mastermind
i have a sword knight too lol

Saito

Pranked!
NNID
Vairrick
3DS FC
1719-3875-9482
hey guys ho shouold i boost to 70
my deadly chaser, blazing heart, or mastermind
i have a sword knight too lol
Blazing heart because why not.

OP passives at level 60 yooooooo.

Thanks to this event im sitting at like 26 chars now. :drflip:

Rawkobo

Smash Ace
evo this weekend and guests kept me away for the first weekend, but wave 2 i should be able to get on and grind for

code electra here i come

Saito

Pranked!
NNID
Vairrick
3DS FC
1719-3875-9482
evo this weekend and guests kept me away for the first weekend, but wave 2 i should be able to get on and grind for

code electra here i come
The wave event is where you boost a character to 70 instantly without any work.

The grinding one is always active till the 11th of next month I believe.

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
This event is making henir challenge queue intolerable.

Currently #3 #2 for challenge solo for the month (until the cashlords show up to flex their +11s anyway) and yet I can get queued with randoms who just jumped their characters and are so clueless they either ruin runs doing stupid things like separating Ran/Magmanta and making Berthe repeatedly howl, or they lag so badly that when someone inevitably destroys the exit gate to build mp/awk after the gate to continue's been destroyed the run ends before we progress to the next area.

After having two days in a row of henir challenge wasted I think I'm just gonna have to say screw it to queues and stick to running solo.

:shaker::shaker::shaker::shaker::shaker::shaker::shaker::shaker::shaker::shaker:

Last edited:

Spak

Hero of Neverwinter
OK, so I've been looking at this game for a while now, almost convincing myself to try it out, then just telling myself "it's just another side-scrolling beat'em up". What is special about this game that sets it apart from the rest of its genre? Why would I choose this game over another of the same type?

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
dunno if any of you follow what goes on in KR but

elboy and rena got revamped today

GA looks ridiculous and I get the feeling she's going to be nerfed again very soon

Skill trees were revamped too so that you get all skills and instead of investing points to level them you can pick gimmicks for them (for example, decreased mp cost vs increased crit rate), kinda like skill notes. Not sure what that implies for skill notes or skill rings.

I feel really mixed about this as a concept but if it means I can have Energetic Heart + Thousand Star again I should probably embrace it when NA gets it in 2017.

Saito

Pranked!
NNID
Vairrick
3DS FC
1719-3875-9482
I've been following it and I don't think she will get nerfed.

Every character is getting one of these so we're going to be seeing an era of even stronger characters now.

Everyone will be on pre renewal ara and iron paladin level and iron paladin and ara will achieve the status only gods wish they could reach.

Jokes aside, the new stuff looks really really amazing.

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
I dunno man, WS revamp didn't really fix her problems in PvE lol

We'll see I guess, 7 second freeze on Freezing Arrow and XX loop giving mountains of MP on hit and doing more damage than Energetic Heart X spam on Eve is just...really questionable from a balance perspective (:KoG:, but still)

I will admit the revamp stuff looks incredibly flashy (loving GA's new Gungnir in particular) but I don't feel like this is going anywhere good. Time will tell, I suppose.

EDIT:

Last edited:

Saito

Pranked!
NNID
Vairrick
3DS FC
1719-3875-9482
I thought we were mostly talking about GA with the above post.

No, I think WS is forever to be ded in PvE. New arlienna is nice but that don't dish out the damage. Back kick got nerfed like 400% so that's bad too.

Her new combos look cool but that's mostly a pvp thing anyway. She ain't got the power she needs unless her increased mana regen suddenly lets her burst out 600mp worth of skills in the time it takes to burst out 300mp on other characters. (HAH)

but yeah, it needs time.

Warchamp7

Site Owner
Administrator
Premium
Slippi.gg
WAR#912
NNID
Warchamp7
so KR got these new Ice Burners recently

Time to start playing again to prep for NA release

Saito

Pranked!
NNID
Vairrick
3DS FC
1719-3875-9482
The damage range / Character specialization sockets jank outweights that ice burner.

I'd take the ciel weapon though.

Saito

Pranked!
NNID
Vairrick
3DS FC
1719-3875-9482
Got a link to said jank info? I'm out of the loop
I gotchu fam I've just been swamped with homework among other things.

http://elwiki.net/babel/?p=3133
First here's a list of the new stats.

We had 10 stats before.
Have 13 now.

Evasion / Accuracy got replaced with MP gain while being attacked / while attacking
Mana necklace counts towards it and puts the stats at normalization.

Every character has two specialization stats now as well.

Elsword
Destruction and Vitality consume amount decreased by X% (Max 50%)

Memorize Skill Damage Increase by X% (Max40)

Aisha
Memorize Skill Damage Increase by X% (Max40)

Memorize MP cost decrease by X% (Max 40%)

Rena
X% Chance of gaining extra NF (Max 50%)

MP cost decreases by how many NF consumed (Max 40%)

Raven
Core charging speed increased by X% Max(40%)

X% Chance of core not diminishing after use (Max 50%)

Eve
Core charging speed increased by X% Max(40%)

X% Chance of core not diminishing after use (Max 50%)

Chung
MP cost decreased by X% for skills. (Only when there’s more than 1 cannonball) (Max 30%)

X% chance of not using cannonball (Max 40%)

Ara
In Celestial Fox mode, X%~Y% chance of HP and Spirit being recovered without having to reach required hit amount.@1%~@2%(Max 100%)

Recover MP by X*[spirit used] (Max 15 MP per Spirit)

Elesis
Annihilation and Gale gain amount increased by X% (Except when either either is activated ) (Max 50%)

Annihilation and Gale consume amount decreased by X% (Max 40%)

Add
DP cost decreased by X% when awakened (Max 40%)

Gain Extra DP depending on amount X Mutation Point used (Max 15 DP per MtP)

Luciel
Gain X amount of MP depending on combination point gained. (Max 25MP per CP)

Increased damage of skills using Combination points by X%(Max 40%)

Lastly, the biggest thing is this.

If you don't know what you're looking for, view the weapon.

If you caught it, weapons have a min max range.
Not inherently a bad thing in games, but KoG loves to make things bad by giving the range 50%-150% of your max damage.

Now those hard hitting attacks in pvp can hit even harder if the RNG says so.
Your 300mp skill to kill that boss? 50% of it's max damage, if you're unlucky.

Needless as ****.

But you can socket the stat as well.

"*Maximized: % chance of doing maximum damage"

But read it carefully.

If the translations are correct, as you socket it you have a higher chance to do max damage. Aka you're not socketing your range, but socketing your chance to hit 150% damage.

TL:DR
They essentially made another crit stat that you get punished for not socketing. Poor players without costumes suffer damage losses, and rich players have to resocket to fit the new game or risk losing a good portion of their damage to RNG jank.

Warchamp7

Site Owner
Administrator
Premium
Slippi.gg
WAR#912
NNID
Warchamp7
Yeah.
it is.

But that means it's destined to come our way soon(TM)
I'm only concerned about what I need to know when I come back soon :p

I've played loosely or not at all since like, Lanox release, only popped in for the guild update to adjust guild things

I'm only concerned about what I need to know when I come back soon :p

I've played loosely or not at all since like, Lanox release, only popped in for the guild update to adjust guild things
You should get in on the triple week event going on. 50% exp increase along with double drops. This means that if you missed the double events of doing the lv80 gear for either SD or Henir you should get in on that now.

Warchamp7

Site Owner
Administrator
Premium
Slippi.gg
WAR#912
NNID
Warchamp7
You should get in on the triple week event going on. 50% exp increase along with double drops. This means that if you missed the double events of doing the lv80 gear for either SD or Henir you should get in on that now.
When does this event start/end? :o

Warchamp7

Site Owner
Administrator
Premium
Slippi.gg
WAR#912
NNID
Warchamp7
Finally managed to get SV Wings for my main tonight for 1B

Now I just need to somehow find someone with the bow :X

Finally managed to get SV Wings for my main tonight for 1B

Now I just need to somehow find someone with the bow :X
Bloody wind sneak main. Better choice than others, but pfft. NW for life.
getting me addicting and all... *grumble*

Last edited:

Saito

Pranked!
NNID
Vairrick
3DS FC
1719-3875-9482
im laughing that you don't have a picture for your mastermind and your base luciel.

Why you no class luciel.

Warchamp7

Site Owner
Administrator
Premium
Slippi.gg
WAR#912
NNID
Warchamp7
im laughing that you don't have a picture for your mastermind and your base luciel.

Why you no class luciel.
They don't have costumes yet.

I haven't played since Lu/Ciel released

Edit:
New character was revealed today, it's a Dungeon Fighter Online crossover. Her name is Rose

Comparison with the original DFO character Female Gunner

Last edited:
Warchamp7 Warchamp7 Alright, Warchamp. The damage you inflicted upon me with making this thread over a year ago now has finally started to die out. Going from no body to investing a ton of time into trying to learning the PvP world and kicking butt. I have pretty much quit the game and have not relapsed for over a month. Though I will have to really know if I can weather the storm when Rena mechanics changes hit and see if I can avoid playing at all when that happens.

Warchamp7

Site Owner
Administrator
Premium
Slippi.gg
WAR#912
NNID
Warchamp7
Warchamp7 Warchamp7 Alright, Warchamp. The damage you inflicted upon me with making this thread over a year ago now has finally started to die out. Going from no body to investing a ton of time into trying to learning the PvP world and kicking butt. I have pretty much quit the game and have not relapsed for over a month. Though I will have to really know if I can weather the storm when Rena mechanics changes hit and see if I can avoid playing at all when that happens.
One month? Haha.

I've quit for like half a year multiple times since starting in 2012.

You'll be back.

They always come back.

Saito

Pranked!
NNID
Vairrick
3DS FC
1719-3875-9482
Though I will have to really know if I can weather the storm when Rena mechanics changes hit and see if I can avoid playing at all when that happens.
Once all those changes are done and through, you probably won't want to play anyway.

Aife

Smash Apprentice
Oh hey, I recognize that name...You were a streamer right?
I actually didn't expect a 6 page elsword thread. lol Kind of amazed.

Anyway, my hype for the renewals is pretty middle ground. I'm excited for them overall as I really want spice to be thrown into the game more, but we're about to feel the ripples of probably broken game balance soon. Whether the competitive scene will keep me interested or not entirely depends on just how bad it is in a sparring tournament scenario.

But hey, outside of a few specifics I've kept an eye on, I'm pretty blind to the renewal, so I'll probably find something to enjoy out of it. Infinity Sword was always the most interesting of the elswords to me so I'm excited to see some of the things he used to have back, he'll be the first to try tomorrow when i get on. (Those constant buffs for just running around sound rly cool, never expierenced pre-str IS.)

Name's Farih if anybody wants to fight my CN, or even just hang out there. I need to cap but its so much effort for my lazy self...

Last edited:

Saito

Pranked!
NNID
Vairrick
3DS FC
1719-3875-9482
Infinity Sword was always the most interesting of the elswords to me so I'm excited to see some of the things he used to have back, he'll be the first to try tomorrow when i get on.
I've got some bad news for you...

Aife

Smash Apprentice
I've got some bad news for you...
What do you mean?

Outside of CN, I know the most about the elsword and rena changes due to the excitement regarding the "new" changes. (I even have a jumped IS on KR.) IS got most of his movement/attacking buffs back, recombined cruel and brutal slayer (or at the very least got them both from my memory), returned Harsh Chaser's range to off screen...

I don't think they gave back compact counter's launch though. I would argue that the infinite (due to lack of launch limit and CD reduce) is broken as crap and limits combo diversity but considering that CN got >>x+500% infinites, I'm pretty sure they don't care about that... lol

I admit I'm probably missing a vast amount of knowledge, I don't main him afterall, but I still want to try regardless. (Kind of sad black phantom sword is gone but I'll live. :<)

Saito

Pranked!
NNID
Vairrick
3DS FC
1719-3875-9482
Well he does get a lot of his things back and tons of ridiculous things as well however, if you were expecting new life to blossom out of the character like I was then I'd say you'd be disappointed.

Lord knight and Rune Slayer both get new combos that help to spruce up their old gameplay and bring it more to life, along with mixing things up a bit while mostly retaining everything that made them likable in the first place

Infinity sword stayed the same outside of >>^ZZZ getting blades off of it (good zoning tool though) but other than that he just kind of doesn't change much.

Not bad overall because he's still good as a character, but I feel they failed to deliver on what a character renewal is supposed to do.

Hopefully having all of his skills will give me the motivation to still play him.

Side note : Maelstrom rage having an attribute that makes it un-mana breakable is dumb.

Aife

Smash Apprentice
Malestrom's anti mana break was changed to kd reduction I believe. I think it was some random side patch, have to check again.

Otherwise I don't disagree I guess (they could have done way more, and giving things to people who only "need" it faulters insanely quickly with the crap the renewal started, so eh), although it was never about rejogging my liking for him. I liked him pre-renewal (well, besides design, sheath knight was 10x better interms of looks :<), so as long as they didn't destroy him post renewal I don't care. The only real reason i dont dedicate time to him is because of my focus on eve, or CN specifically.

CBS was one of my biggest gripes with the renewal (pvp wise, my affinity for her pve strats actually increased even if it was probably an overall nerf.). limited her catching tools to tazer and high mp moves/delays, the two dumbest things about her.

Thank god they killed MC clocking (CN doesn't count :<), but with how the renewals treats mana as a resource some may find the nerf unnecessary interms of balance, even if the risk reward was previously skewed.

Top Bottom