• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Elsword

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
I'm with you on the cash shop. I absolutely hated it and was a big driving force for me to quit this game.

I've played many mmorpgs, and I've seen what happens when the cash shop gets bad. It only gets worse and I don't want any part of it even if the gameplay is amazing. I'll just wait for smash4.

Last edited:

Saito

Pranked!
NNID
Vairrick
3DS FC
1719-3875-9482
New Add Class on Oct 1st yo.

I better see you there Warchamp.

I'll probably join your guild too because w/e I'm anti social.

Guild name change to "Smashboards" when

Warchamp7

Site Owner
Administrator
Premium
Slippi.gg
WAR#912
NNID
Warchamp7
Took them long enough. I still haven't played since like July

Edit:

I want these. But then I remember a full item set for just one character would end up costing me like $200 and then I don't

Last edited:

Saito

Pranked!
NNID
Vairrick
3DS FC
1719-3875-9482
With the current event going on I was able to get free stuff.

Decided to make an elsword and finally go through with making an infinity sword since free hair = YES

IS' normal hair is too flamboyant for me so I needed this in my life.

Untitled.png

still missing the gloves from the set.

In sheath knight, he looked dumb. it was something with his eyes. but now in infinity sword he looks serious enough to be insanely cool.

not to mention that IS is ridiculously fun to play

I was falling asleep while doing his job change quest around 1 AM PST

I finished at 2AM

I'm making this post after 3 hours of hype pvp matches.

I'm not even tired anymore. THIS CHARACTER IS THAT GOOD.

Like, this is paralleling with Ara and Elesis.

I wish his ">>XXX" was a little better.
I wish ">>^XXX" was full destruction instead of vitality

But other than that 9/10

I have been busy with season 3 out now :D Something around rank 400 before S2 finished.

As far as the Item Mall is concerned I see it having very little influence on one's experience with others.

My first thought is that this is a free game anyway. As I got competitive with Melee/Brawl I spent money to go out places, get the game, and get a controller. The only stuff I would spend on for PvP in this game is Ring of Fury, B slot, and 1-2 skill notes. The total price? Under 20 dollars. Are the effects that overpowering in PvP? I say no.

With this recent event where you could get a full costume for socket'ing there is no need to spend money at all on a costume. Therefore, the only other things you need to compete in PvP fully is a Secret Dungeon or Henir craftable set, level 70, 2nd Job character, +8/+7 level enhancements, attribute resistance, and well-chosen socket values.

All of that stuff I just mentioned can be reasonably obtained in game through the PvE environment for free. The only thing broken about this game through the item mall is the ability to craft up to +10 or +11 equipment.
http://elwiki.net/w/Upgrading_Equipment
A +8 lv weapon gets you +160% weapon level. A +10 or +11 gets you 215% and 255% equipment. Holy crap that is over powered compared to the +8. However, the success rate on crafting that item is ~1% with ~60% failure/-1 rate (which to prevent requires a 5/6 dollar stone. A reset scroll is worse to purchase and happens 20% of the time and costs like 10 dollars. You are dumping on average quite a bit of money to get that effect and therefore it is rare to see it.

However, (again), it is merely a weapon and you can avoid getting caught. Its not an auto-win. However, it is an uphill battle.

I have worked quite a bit on getting the NW character PvP ready and apart from the costume, RoF, and skill notes, I got all the other things I mentioned for free. The rest was learning to play well. Getting in close to the top 100 and having close matches with many people that could easily have been mine to win I feel the game has been rather fair to me despite the item mall existing.

Warchamp7

Site Owner
Administrator
Premium
Slippi.gg
WAR#912
NNID
Warchamp7
By the way, I'm gonna rename the guild, since the current name is senseless now. Accepting suggestions.

Keep in mind it's not just a Smashboards guild :p

Saito

Pranked!
NNID
Vairrick
3DS FC
1719-3875-9482
I'd complain about double posting, but it's pretty inactive in this thread.

Found out the guild name was Warchamp7.

Can't find it for **** because elsword doesn't think that someone might want to apply randomly or something.

Throw....Raiizen, Vairrick, Viriidi, and Reuna73 an invite for now.

I'll grab the rest later.

Warchamp7

Site Owner
Administrator
Premium
Slippi.gg
WAR#912
NNID
Warchamp7
I'd complain about double posting, but it's pretty inactive in this thread.

Found out the guild name was Warchamp7.

Can't find it for **** because elsword doesn't think that someone might want to apply randomly or something.

Throw....Raiizen, Vairrick, Viriidi, and Reuna73 an invite for now.

I'll grab the rest later.
I just threw up a Guild Advertisement so it should show up in the first few pages on the Message Board, if you want to apply that way. Otherwise invites are direct and we both have to be on

Saito

Pranked!
NNID
Vairrick
3DS FC
1719-3875-9482
Untitleda.png

Untitledb.png

These ad's on smashboards.

My god lol.

I just threw up a Guild Advertisement so it should show up in the first few pages on the Message Board, if you want to apply that way. Otherwise invites are direct and we both have to be on
Give me a minute.

Saito

Pranked!
NNID
Vairrick
3DS FC
1719-3875-9482
I'd of been on.

but I nabbed hyrule warriors.

Smash coming at midnight as well. Probably won't be on today or friday.

Now Saturday, MAYBE.

Warchamp7

Site Owner
Administrator
Premium
Slippi.gg
WAR#912
NNID
Warchamp7
It has an auction house dealio but not an active trading area per se. You can buy 'Megaphones' which can send either a channel wide or server wide message (Real $$ to buy) and Megaphones have a dedicated chat box.

It's used for advertising trades 99% of the time

EddyBearr

Smash Lord
It has an auction house dealio but not an active trading area per se. You can buy 'Megaphones' which can send either a channel wide or server wide message (Real $$ to buy) and Megaphones have a dedicated chat box.

It's used for advertising trades 99% of the time
Does it use the same in-game currency as normal trading, or is the auction house a unique currency? (EX: The real $$ currency).

Warchamp7

Site Owner
Administrator
Premium
Slippi.gg
WAR#912
NNID
Warchamp7
Does it use the same in-game currency as normal trading, or is the auction house a unique currency? (EX: The real $$ currency).
Auction house is the game currency. Real $$ can't be exchanged in any way out of the game. You purchase the $ currency with $, and can spend it on Cash Shop items. Some of those items are tradeable/giftable, some are not.

Edit: I renamed my guild to Pinnacle, so now it's just cool instead of inadvertently egotistical

0RLY

A great conversation filler at bars and parties
Sup guys! Self intro: I play Chung, all 3. 50-something TT, 40-something DC, 30-something not-yet IP. I love the guy cause Chung is my family name, and fighting with a giant cannon is pretty unique.

I've learned most of the tech from elwiki and have moderate combo knowledge from my sparce experience in pvp. I'm looking for someone to spar with and teach me stuff about pvp with Chung. I figure people who can explain stuff using smash terms will be better than anyone else. I'm free mon and tues nights. Since I have a Chung in the common level ranges, I assume it shouldn't be too hard to find someone else close to one of their levels.

Warchamp7

Site Owner
Administrator
Premium
Slippi.gg
WAR#912
NNID
Warchamp7
So we were fooled about Luciel, it's actually Lu & Ciel. Elsword's first duo character.

Warchamp7

Site Owner
Administrator
Premium
Slippi.gg
WAR#912
NNID
Warchamp7
I never played Grand Chase but it's really sad to hear it's shutting down. Can't imagine what it's like to for people that have played since like the start

Saito

Pranked!
NNID
Vairrick
3DS FC
1719-3875-9482
I never played Grand Chase but it's really sad to hear it's shutting down. Can't imagine what it's like to for people that have played since like the start
I've had that feeling when city of heroes shut down.

It sucks, but as long as you know you had a good run...

Warchamp7

Site Owner
Administrator
Premium
Slippi.gg
WAR#912
NNID
Warchamp7
I like they they're giving them a way to get situated into Elsword though

Warchamp7

Site Owner
Administrator
Premium
Slippi.gg
WAR#912
NNID
Warchamp7
I've been grinding it like craaaazy. I've probably gained like 30+ levels across all my characters, and none of them were lower than 54 when I started. I capped my Ara and got my Chung to 69

Saito

Pranked!
NNID
Vairrick
3DS FC
1719-3875-9482
from ereda i've gained a total of 52 levels if my math is correct.

i've been slacking off heavily though because of repetitiveness.

DoomEsper

Smash Rookie
No one has been doing hamel dungeons cuz of this but doesnt matter im getting close to ESP >:3

Saito

Pranked!
NNID
Vairrick
3DS FC
1719-3875-9482
@ Warchamp7 Warchamp7 @ Rawkobo Rawkobo @ VinceX VinceX @ FPSWalrus FPSWalrus @Solbliminal

It's an awfully good time to be playing...

Luto's Vision

Luto's Traces

Some quick notes for you.

The two growth events last for 13 days, but it's been 2 days already.
If you do at least 2 of the missions a day and get the 10 minute log in one you'll have enough for 30 in 10 days.
The first best mission to do is kill 50 field monsters that give EXP as it's relatively fast.
The second is to do 2 dungeons in your level range, this could be a problem at higher levels, but the event dungeon that you do to get the luto vision costume/traces also counts as in your level range. It's also a relatively short mission.

This is probably the most time efficient method to get enough growths for skill slot B's or the other two rewards if you want those.

The Luto vision / traces event is not really free.
You can get the luto vision for free just by doing the event (except I told you guys this too late and you'd only be able to get 33/35 of the required tickets. ;-; )

The Luto traces even at full event days would of required a few purchases of the tickets in the cash shop, unless you already have a luto's vision (need 25 cloths to turn a vision into a traces. I know @Solbliminal has the vision on his elesis.)

I'm gonna try to survey my way to get the last cloths I need for a traces for Lu ;-;

In regards to the level jump event
You can use any character that is below level 70.
Once you get them to 70, you can jump any character aside from Luciel up to 70 instantly and they get their second job change for free.
A jumped character can change their job path using this as well, even if they're already in their second class.

Last edited:

Rawkobo

Smash Ace
@ Warchamp7 Warchamp7 @ Rawkobo Rawkobo @ VinceX VinceX @ FPSWalrus FPSWalrus @Solbliminal

It's an awfully good time to be playing...

Luto's Vision

Luto's Traces

Some quick notes for you.

The two growth events last for 13 days, but it's been 2 days already.
If you do at least 2 of the missions a day and get the 10 minute log in one you'll have enough for 30 in 10 days.
The first best mission to do is kill 50 field monsters that give EXP as it's relatively fast.
The second is to do 2 dungeons in your level range, this could be a problem at higher levels, but the event dungeon that you do to get the luto vision costume/traces also counts as in your level range. It's also a relatively short mission.

This is probably the most time efficient method to get enough growths for skill slot B's or the other two rewards if you want those.

The Luto vision / traces event is not really free.
You can get the luto vision for free just by doing the event (except I told you guys this too late and you'd only be able to get 33/35 of the required tickets. ;-; )

The Luto traces even at full event days would of required a few purchases of the tickets in the cash shop, unless you already have a luto's vision (need 25 cloths to turn a vision into a traces. I know @Solbliminal has the vision on his elesis.)

I'm gonna try to survey my way to get the last cloths I need for a traces for Lu ;-;

In regards to the level jump event
You can use any character that is below level 70.
Once you get them to 70, you can jump any character aside from Luciel up to 70 instantly and they get their second job change for free.
A jumped character can change their job path using this as well, even if they're already in their second class.
well i guess i know what i'm doing next week

FPSWalrus

Smash Ace
NNID
TehKingOfWalrus
Time to get my LK to 70
And then maybe I can finally focus on getting a luciel

Saito

Pranked!
NNID
Vairrick
3DS FC
1719-3875-9482
LAST TIME IM DOING THIS @ Warchamp7 Warchamp7 @ Rawkobo Rawkobo @ VinceX VinceX @ FPSWalrus FPSWalrus @Solbliminal @IronLion @Lavani

WHAT THE ****.png

THIS IS LITERALLY AN INSTANT BOOST TO LEVEL 70

Which also qualifies you for the "level up a character to level 70 and get another one free" event.

So essentially, you get two free level 70s, and probably a third on the 31st.

1402377245027.gif

WHAT THE **** IS GOING ON WITH THESE EVENTS.

Top Bottom