• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Elma for Smash Ultimate: Strength comes from experience. That’s true on any planet.

Jocario Zero

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-2327-1796-5400
If you want to take Elma with your party to alrest you need to beat her in the rematch. Honestly use the custom difficulty. I doubt that i would have ever beaten this challenge without it as you can't use chain-attacks and can't revive party members.

Fierymew

Smash Journeyman
OH MY GOSH I WOKE UP AND SAW ELMA AND I DIED!

She’s so beautiful!

In just a few hours I’ll be able to get my hands on the Expansion, and I can’t wait

Altais

Smash Champion
Starbase, where no turtle has gone before.
This is pretty awesome, to see Elma as Xenoblade 2 DLC. This increases mine hopes not only for a Xenoblade X port, but also Elma's inclusion in Smash Ultimate. Haven't played Xenoblade 2 in a while--that said, this will be more than enough motivation for me to go back.

RandomAce

Smash Champion
I realized, the Nopon Arphage had the same dream as most of us, he wanted to see Rex, Elma, and Shulk together in one scene. It truly is a dream come true to see Elma talk about Blades and get confused and interact with a Shulk.

Elma’s update overall was the developers wish to get all the protagonists playable seeing how she had a more depth interaction seeing how she saw Rex and his crew as enemies and how you had to fight her, her conversation with Rex and Shulk more extensively about their worlds (and her learning about BLADES, etc.

Here’s hoping to see that in Ultimate as well.

Last edited:

Bebe Mignon

Smash Ace
Is Caitlin Glass confirmed?

If so, how did she respond to people asking her about Elma in Xenoblade 2? If it's similar to what she's said for Elma in Smash, then there's still a good chance. :)

IronWarrior94

Smash Journeyman
Is Caitlin Glass confirmed?

If so, how did she respond to people asking her about Elma in Xenoblade 2? If it's similar to what she's said for Elma in Smash, then there's still a good chance. :)
Don't mean to sound rude, but how did some of you NOT hear Caitlin's voice in the trailer? It was pretty distinct IMO.

On the 2nd part though, unfortunately she has replied to fans asking her about Elma in Smash Bros, saying things like i"that would be cool" or blatantly saying Elma when she was asked what character she hopes to see make it in Smash. For Xenoblade 2, as far as I know, she was silent when asked.

Last edited:

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
GUYS I’M LITERALLY FREAKING OUT THIS IS AMAZING!!!

Even the music is the same and it sounds like Caitlin Glass is playing Elma again, which is also great because she’s amazing as Elma.

Bebe Mignon

Smash Ace
Don't mean to sound rude, but how did some of you NOT hear Caitlin's voice in the trailer? It was pretty distinct IMO.

On the 2nd part though, unfortunately she has replied to fans asking her about Elma in Smash Bros, saying things like i"that would be cool" or blatantly saying Elma when she was asked what character she hopes to see make it in Smash. For Xenoblade 2, as far as I know, she was silent when asked.
I'm deaf.

For the other point, I choose to remain optimistic. It's possible she hasn't been contacted yet.

jamesster445

Smash Lord
With Elma, Shulk and KosMos as blades. Do you think it's safe to assume that Fei from Xenogears will follow?

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
With Elma, Shulk and KosMos as blades. Do you think it's safe to assume that Fei from Xenogears will follow?
I don’t think so because there are licensing issues involved and Xenogears wasn’t actually developed by Monolith Soft, but I’d love to see him as it would bring things full-circle.

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
My personal most wanted Rare Blade right now is this girl right here:
EACB029C-78F2-4E7F-8049-2D104ABA8808.png

Pls do this Monolith.

The DanMan051

Banned via Warnings
I'm deaf.

For the other point, I choose to remain optimistic. It's possible she hasn't been contacted yet.
Dubbing/VO is generally done about half a year in advance-- sometimes more, if there's less voiceover work that needs to be done (FE Fates' VO was largely done by E3 2015, yet didn't release in NA until February 2016). Smash doesn't exactly require a ton of voiceover for characters, so I'd expect all the dubbing to have been done before E3.

Nonno Umby

Smash Lord
NNID
Nonno_Umby
Switch FC
SW 5218 5477 4500

I heard the trailer in a crowed place lol.

And honestly I've seen very few people asking her for Xenoblade 2, and it surely doesn't get as requested as Smash.
Besides "that would be cool" isn't something that breaks NDA.

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223
Damn, Elma looks clean. The XC2 art style really benefits her in this game, she looks so much more lively here than in XCX.

Now I wish we could get news of a XCX port in the near-future, along with Elma in Smash of course.

Nonno Umby

Smash Lord
NNID
Nonno_Umby
Switch FC
SW 5218 5477 4500
Dubbing/VO is generally done about half a year in advance-- sometimes more, if there's less voiceover work that needs to be done (FE Fates' VO was largely done by E3 2015, yet didn't release in NA until February 2016). Smash doesn't exactly require a ton of voiceover for characters, so I'd expect all the dubbing to have been done before E3.
Shulk VA did Shulk's Smash lines in May when he was revealed in August. Timeframe can be similar for her as well, and as I said, saying "that would be rad" doesn't break NDA.

Calamitas

Smash Champion
Here's something pretty neat: Elma has five unique chats for her unlocking her "Keen Eye" field skill for each level, and they actually delve a good bit into a her personality and backstory. There's even multiple references to that mysterious hero character who helped her fend of the attack that caused the White Whale to crash on Mira. After how much (or rather, little) was covered with Shulk and Fiora's appearance as Blades, I was honestly not expecting this much out of Elma's appearance. I wonder if they're using this to generate more interest in her and the X series. . .?
At any rate, I've seen for of these five chats so far. Getting to the fifth one will take me a bit longer, since it takes place at a place that I have yet to reach in my New Game Plus.

View attachment 159547
30 GUESTS!?

Bajezus this thread exploded after the reveal, and rightfully so!
Right now it's 37, even.
Seeing as that's the case: Hello to all you unregistered/not currently locked in lurkers! I hope this current blow-out helps you convince of Elma for Smash, or further builds your hype if you were already convinced!

Last edited:

MoonlitIllusion

Smash Champion
Elma looks freaking amazing and I'm so glad they didn't mess up her appearance like I think they did with Shulk and Fiora.

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
Really crossing my fingers for Elma guys, her inclusion and timing feels right, it’s just up to Sakurai if he wants to pursue her, plus it seems like with the rumors of a Gen 7 character and from what Sakurai implied Castlevania, non-Ballot based content is still possible.

Only time will tell but here’s hoping we win.

MoonlitIllusion

Smash Champion
Really crossing my fingers for Elma guys, her inclusion and timing feels right, it’s just up to Sakurai if he wants to pursue her, plus it seems like with the rumors of a Gen 7 character and from what Sakurai implied Castlevania, non-Ballot based content is still possible.

Only time will tell but here’s hoping we win.
I'll be really disappointed if she's skipped out on, she would fit into smash almost too perfectly, it's like they designed her for it. I'm just praying that Sakurai hasn't completely given up on uniqueness and relevancy in favour of popularity.

Last edited:

IronWarrior94

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, this has me a bit worried since those two replies, even though still vague, imply that she wasn't contacted for Smash.

PSIGuy

Smash Lord
I stayed up for four hours playing with Elma. Seeing her in motion again has been great, but the way enemies fight in XB2 leaves something to be desired... like constantly moving around with Sliding Slinger and positioning yourself non-stop to maximize damage.

SebasSancy

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW 6766 2698 9475
can't wait to get out of work and get Elma :( that's one affinity chart that I can't wait to complete!!!

P.Kat

Smash Champion
Just saw the news, she looks amazing in that trailer, can't wait to add her to my team.

FrostShock

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ClockworkWizard
Like I said, I'm at work, so I can't verify this; but I'm seeing on Twitter that Elma's 'likes' are seafood and art, and her 'loves' are Pipestraw Smoothies and the Codweave Safety Blanky.

ELMA LOVES HER BLANKY! I'M SCREAMING RIGHT NOW!

Calamitas

Smash Champion
Like I said, I'm at work, so I can't verify this; but I'm seeing on Twitter that Elma's 'likes' are seafood and art, and her 'loves' are Pipestraw Smoothies and the Codweave Safety Blanky.

ELMA LOVES HER BLANKY! I'M SCREAMING RIGHT NOW!
I can confirm the first two, but I'm not sure about the specific items. That aside, some of her voiced lines are as follows (roughly, since I'm doing this from memory):
"Not much worse than the barracks on Mira." (After resting at an inn)
"Watch out for Tyrants that come out at night. Ah, wait, you call them Unique Monsters, right?" (Nightfall)
"Makes me wish I had a probe to plant." (Discovering a new landmark)

Yeah, this has me a bit worried since those two replies, even though still vague, imply that she wasn't contacted for Smash.
I feel like that's reading too much into this. By themselves, these statements don't really mean anything, especially if you compare them to Pyra/Mythra's voice actress outright stating that she hasn't be contacted about anything Smash.

Edit:
I managed to reach the place where Elma's fifth conversation for her "Keen Eye" field skill takes place. It's essentially a continuation of the scene where she, Shulk and Rex all stand together by the Nopon archsage, except this time, KOS-MOS and Mythra are there, too. They're talking about how they all have a feeling that they've been brought together for a reason. Elma also has some thoughts about how her experiences in Alrest might help her uncover the mysteries of Mira, and Shulk reflects on Alvis' final words to him, which also erases any last doubts that Shulk and Fiora aren't pulled from their post-game.
Speaking of that, though - there doesn't really seem to be any hints of which point in time Elma comes from, but considering Shulk and Fiora, I'd wager that she's also from a point after the end of X' main story.

Last edited:

ZoroCarlos

Smash Lord
OH MY GOD I DIDN'T EXPECT FOR UNCONTROLLABLE TO ACTUALLY PLAY DURING THE BATTLE WITH HER I THOUGHT IT WAS JUST FOR THE TRAILER.

Sorry I overreacted, this is just too good.

Top Bottom