• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Elma for Smash Ultimate: Strength comes from experience. That’s true on any planet.

Calamitas

Smash Champion
You know what they say: The wind blows hard in December.
Coincidentally, the time when Smash comes out. . .

Bebe Mignon

Smash Ace
I don't know if it's been brought up, but the Xenoblade JP Twitter account never updated for today, so it must be a somewhat big deal if they have to wait for the special announcement at Gamescom. They didn't do that for Shulk and Fiora, I think?

Celir

Smash Rookie
I CAN’T KEEP MY HYPE INSIDE EVEN IF IT’S JUST FOR THE EXPANSION PASS UPDATE I’M CRAZY LIKE A KID RIGHT NOW!

Calamitas

Smash Champion
So since we're not actually concerned with datamine spoilers anymore at this point, one thing that I'm a bit curious about. If Elma starts as an enemy Blade, who's going to be her Driver?

Does anybody know what time Torne is supposed to show up today or are we just playing the waiting game?
17 minutes from now.

zferolie

Smash Hero
I'm sure its Elma for DLC in XC2, but it could raise her chance for smash.

I do need to finish the game though... I got burnt out grinding for the last blade(KOS-MOS) while climbing the tree and put it down for a break and never came back... I really should. So much stuff has been added since I left, like the New game plus and all those blades...

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Last edited:

CheckmateChuck

Smash Journeyman

Not quite Smash, but at least you guys get to have her in XC2 for the time being!

Also I got ninja'd twice. My b!

Last edited:

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666

Not quite Smash, but at least you guys get to have her in XC2 for the time being!

Also I got ninja'd twice. My b!
AAAAAA IT’S SO GLORIOUS

AND UNCONTROLLABLE I SCREAMED LIKE THE FANGIRL I AM

isn’t there supposed to be one more announcement like an hour from now though? Maybe that’s Smash? Idk

ThoughtfulWanderer

Smash Lord
She looks so goooood! I'm glad they played Uncontrollable because I can't control the grin that's on my face right now.

It's from here: https://www.nintendo.co.uk/Games/gamescom/Nintendo-of-Europe-s-gamescom-2018-website-1408960.html?utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter&utm_campaign=XenobladeChronicles2|gamescom2018|RedCube|w34

I'm not sure whether to watch this or not (I'm early on in Xenoblade 2, so there will probably be a lot of spoilers), but it might help to sell me on the DLC. (though I figure I'll have to wait until I'm further in the game, since Nintendo DLC tends to be post-game content)
Rest easy on that. They mentioned near the start that they're going to avoid story spoilers.

zferolie

Smash Hero
She looks quite good. So someone who hasn't beaten the game and not in new game plus can get her too?

SebasSancy

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW 6766 2698 9475
OH MY GOD I was here yesterday I think saying I was hoping they give us ELMA With Uncontrollable background music . YES!

Last edited:

lizard1929

Smash Journeyman
Its quite clearly challenge mode battle to get her so expansion pass is required.
I am personally gonna buy it tomorrow

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
She looks so goooood! I'm glad they played Uncontrollable because I can't control the grin that's on my face right now.

Rest easy on that. They mentioned near the start that they're going to avoid story spoilers.
I'm more concerned about spoilers for the base game. I only recognize three of the people shown in the video (Brighid, Jin, and Mythra), and I haven't even encountered Mythra in the game itself yet.

Luviant X

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Luviant_X
Switch FC
SW-2346-6627-6402
This reminds me of when Rosa was announced to be in Super Mario 3D World. Several months later, she was also revealed to be in Smash For. :)

Malkior7

Majestic Space Pirate
NNID
Sagittarius
3DS FC
4167-5777-1464
Elma's lookin' good. This is the second best news we could hope for! (first is obviously getting into smash itself)

Staarih

Smash Master
Elma looks awesome! Seeing her again is great news in itself, and if anyone is still doubting who's the "face" for XCX, this ought to clear things up.

FrostShock

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ClockworkWizard
Bah, I have to work both my jobs today starting in just a couple hours. Hopefully I can get some time in with Elma tomorrow, she looks sooooo gooooood!

Calamitas

Smash Champion
Also, gotta say: This short introductory video has her being badass. A party of about ten people pop out of a portal, and how does she react?

By complaining that this is going to be too easy.

. . .That aside, though, is the update live yet?

SebasSancy

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW 6766 2698 9475
I Just figure out that Elma is a Dark type blade! That's awesome! I hope she's as OP as Fiora, I still need a third blade on Rex

FireFury190

Smash Rookie
OH MAN I AM SO HAPPY SHE'S OFFICIALLY REVEALED! I can't wait to battle and use her in the game today.

RandomAce

Smash Champion
ELMA IS IN XC2! AND SHE LOOKS SO GOOD!
07D94AA8-048F-4BAA-9D10-42843300DED9.jpeg

I just love how when she sees Rex and his entire crew of like 15 people, she thinks she has to fight them and complains about how EASY it is. That just shows how badass she is!

There was just so much about that scene that was so hype!

Now,
A867BE67-95E2-4A2A-B4AB-A2099DBC9070.gif

All aboard the hype train! we only have one thing left, and that is SMASH!

Last edited:

Wisehunter

Smash Apprentice
Lately I was wondering how she would look like and started to hunt for official artworks from her. I noticed that in the art of Mira there is one where her hair was a bit different, and I guessed they could use that art to make her in XC2. I was right. Damn, she looks cool. ANd badass as stated above, the Aegis and like 9 more people? easy.

Last edited:

FrostShock

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ClockworkWizard
Nintendo's official YouTube account uploaded another trailer for Elma. It has some different footage showing what looks like her level IV, and an Overdrive meter.

Edit: Here we go. https://youtu.be/K84i8dlH5gg

Edit 2: Watching it again, that move at the end of her Blade combo is definitely Shadowstrike. I'm going to be picking apart this footage frame by frame when I'm at work, I can already tell.

Last edited:
Top Bottom